Stop Pushing At The Back

Adidas holdalls...The smell of Brut...and of Charlie (when it was a perfume!)...long coats...record boxes....gobful of

Wrigley's and massive pupils innocent.gif One tangled mess that was the queue at Wigan!! l went to other all-nighters at

the time i.e. Yate and St.lves to name just two and they were civilised affairs

Mind you l went to Carlisle Market Hall and that was just as bad as Wigan....North/South Divide??

What's your thoughts on this??

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The last night of Stafford had a fair old queue when we turned up. Dispersed in every direction in about 1.4 nonoseconds after Dave emerged to advise the heaving throng that "everyone will be searched, so make sure you don't bring in anything you shouldn't have"! whistling.gif

Edited by Alan Walls
Social source share

It's all relative...weren't you ever in the car park at Yate when the normals night kicked out? Oh the stories that could be told...whistling

Hi Jerry,not half was there some goins on.It would kick off,Dave T worked for a tool hire co i think at the time so everyone would run to the back of his van,select a wooden pick-axe handle and of you went.Can you rememer Jerry,Mac was DJing and very calmly anounced "would the owner of an Austin 1100 registration ... .... please go outside as it is on fire.Amazing times.Another one i remember was thanks to Dave T i used to get in early by going up the lift,i was with my mate Phil Knowles from Burton.On entering the venue there was a massive fight going on between the locals,i remember this local guy with this very broard accent shouting "he hit my fuckin cousin and promtley ripped the door clean off its hinges,well me and Phill just looked at eachother grinned and quickly retreated to a safe distance

Social source share

Hi Jerry,not half was there some goins on.It would kick off,Dave T worked for a tool hire co i think at the time so everyone would run to the back of his van,select a wooden pick-axe handle and of you went.Can you rememer Jerry,Mac was DJing and very calmly anounced "would the owner of an Austin 1100 registration ... .... please go outside as it is on fire.Amazing times.Another one i remember was thanks to Dave T i used to get in early by going up the lift,i was with my mate Phil Knowles from Burton.On entering the venue there was a massive fight going on between the locals,i remember this local guy with this very broard accent shouting "he hit my fuckin cousin and promtley ripped the door clean off its hinges,well me and Phill just looked at eachother grinned and quickly retreated to a safe distance

Hi Gilly, yes but what great times...one day someone will spill about the even heavier bits...and yes, I remember Daves van, even remember who he worked for at that time!

Social source share

Guest mickeyb

Hi Gilly, yes but what great times...one day someone will spill about the even heavier bits...and yes, I remember Daves van, even remember who he worked for at that time!

You must have taken a hell of a lot of records with you Jerry because sometimes there must have been about 8 of us "helping" you with them in the lift! thumbup.gif God knows how much door money was lost cos of that lift.

Social source share

Major Lance at Hinckley. now that was a crush, ridiculous! even Mike Walker would'nt have made an impression

I remember going to wigan and being "floated" in. It was so packed when paying in ,i was moved along with a group of people ,bag on my head,my feet weren't even on the ground!then when you went through the doors at the top of the stairs,the heat hit you....the smell of sweat, "Brut "and "Hai karate" hit the nasal receptors like a tidal wave.....but well worth it

KTF Susan

Edited by casper
Social source share

I remember going to wigan and being "floated" in. It was so packed when paying in ,i was moved along with a group of people ,bag on my head,my feet weren't even on the ground!then when you went through the doors at the top of the stairs,the heat hit you....the smell of sweat, "Brut "and "Hai karate" hit the nasal receptors like a tidal wave.....but well worth it

KTF Susan

always bedford nite spot being a bit of a crush to get in - mainly because it didn't start till 2.00 so by the time they got the locals out we were freezing and the locals would be scrapping amongst themselves

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!