Redcar (& District) Soul Club

Guest SUPER Soul Steve

Guest SUPER Soul Steve

(Please note the following event is in the planning stages. Let me know if you would be interested in attending?)

REDCAR SOUL CLUB PRESENTS

GROOVE JUNCTION @ WEST 2

FRIDAYS

DOORS 8pm-1am, FREE ADMISSION (Super) Soul Steve will be putting the vibe of a soul weekender into a club night, bringing back those wonderful memories with Soul Weekender Anthems, Jazz Funk Anthems, Rare Grooves, Funky Flavas, Party Soulful R'n'B WITH A TOPPING OF Soulful House Stompers, old school lovers rock, revival reggae & new soul grooves. PUB PRICE DRINKS ALL NIGHT. The venue is situated on the first floor, has ample seating, an old style decadence, nice friendly staff, wooden dancefloor, a pumping sound system an extensive cocktail menu with various drinks specials and is very close to THE CLOCK BUS TERMINAL (a minutes walk) in the heart of Redcar. FREE PARKING is available on Cleveland Street & Station Road. Are you celebrating? Party bookings welcome; bring your party to our party call 01642-481152 tell your friends & bring the soul family. Everyone's welcome at the GROOVE JUNCTION. Dress to Dance.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?v=wall&gid=434186140003

WEBSITE: https://www.punk-soul-brother.freeservers.com/whats_new_1.html

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SUPER Soul Steve

didn't think i'd get many replys........no soul in this old town, prove me wrong!

Edited by SUPER Soul Steve

(Please note the following event is in the planning stages. Let me know if you would be interested in attending?)

REDCAR SOUL CLUB PRESENTS

GROOVE JUNCTION @ WEST 2

FRIDAYS

DOORS 8pm-1am, FREE ADMISSION (Super) Soul Steve will be putting the vibe of a soul weekender into a club night, bringing back those wonderful memories with Soul Weekender Anthems, Jazz Funk Anthems, Rare Grooves, Funky Flavas, Party Soulful R'n'B WITH A TOPPING OF Soulful House Stompers, old school lovers rock, revival reggae & new soul grooves. PUB PRICE DRINKS ALL NIGHT. The venue is situated on the first floor, has ample seating, an old style decadence, nice friendly staff, wooden dancefloor, a pumping sound system an extensive cocktail menu with various drinks specials and is very close to THE CLOCK BUS TERMINAL (a minutes walk) in the heart of Redcar. FREE PARKING is available on Cleveland Street & Station Road. Are you celebrating? Party bookings welcome; bring your party to our party call 01642-481152 tell your friends & bring the soul family. Everyone's welcome at the GROOVE JUNCTION. Dress to Dance.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook....id=434186140003

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HELLO STEVE

IF YOU ARE WANTING ANYONE TO PLAY, JAZZ FUNK .. SOULFUL HOUSE..LATIN... OR JUST GOOD OLD NORTHERN SOUL, GIS A SHOUT

JUST GIVE IT A GO MATE, YOU CAN ONLY TRY IT & SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

AT THE MOMENT I AM DOING A ONE IN PETERLEE, FOR THE LANDLORD OF THE ARGOS BUTTERFLY, HE HAS A SUPER LITTLE ROOM & WANTS TO USE IT AS OFTEN AS POSS & HARRY CROSBY & MYSELF ARE DOING A CHARITY NIGHT AT THE WELFARE HALL IN EASINGTON COLLIERY ON MARCH 13TH... IF YOU WANT ANY FLYERS PUTTING OUT FOR YOUR DO SEND ME SOME & I WILL PUT THEM OUR, OR GET YASEL UP TO EASINGTON OR PETERLEE.. OR GIS A BELL... 07739212646 / 01915271576 / soulie81@hotmail.co.uk

BOB ARMSTRONG...

Guest SUPER Soul Steve

Hello Bob

Thanks for the offer, i'll be in touch when we have guest DJ's on. Wally Francis has offered his services too.

I'm tryin' to figure out what the Soul Scene is like in Redcar but am struggling to get in touch, I'm sure they're out there somewhere!

West 2 (the venue) is like most pubs nowadays, suffering.

Roy the landlord is a m8 of mine (used to have The Hydro - seafront) and he & I are trying to resurect the place. It's only a small venue (100-150 heads) and not the classiest of places, but if people want to listen to quality music on a regular basis, this shouldn't be a problem. I propose to have a Soul Night of some description running every Friday.

Easington / Peterlee sounds a good night out, but not knowing of a scene around here I'm reluctant to travel (I like a drink when I'm out lol).

Once met a lad from Stoke living in Redcar, he frequented Peterlee do's, lost touch though.

Some friends in scootering hail from Peterlee, in particular Wardy, haven't seen 'em for ages. Do you know this rabble?

(SUPER) Soul Steve

Hi Steve , Couldnt believe my eyes when I saw your post . Been in area 12 years now and have been looking for a place to go . I have travelled all over the country and now am a regular at Wakefield City Soul Club . I am moving soon but will still be coming back on a regular basis . If you want any help on the Northern or Modern side of things let me know . Could meet up for a beer and a chat . Let Me Know .

Keep The Faith

Big Phil

Guest SUPER Soul Steve

Hi Steve , Couldnt believe my eyes when I saw your post . Been in area 12 years now and have been looking for a place to go . I have travelled all over the country and now am a regular at Wakefield City Soul Club . I am moving soon but will still be coming back on a regular basis . If you want any help on the Northern or Modern side of things let me know . Could meet up for a beer and a chat . Let Me Know .

Keep The Faith

Big Phil

Guest SUPER Soul Steve

Hi Phil,

I'll be in touch through Soul Source.

Most Fridays I'm having a drink in West 2, so if ya want have a look down. I might even have the soundsystem cranked up, reason being I'm in there every Friday night i might as well be playing a few tunes.................even though there's only a handful of people in!

KTF

Steve

bytheway i used to play a few tunes in Rosies, if u knew me then