Quiz Time

Soul16

I know this may be a difficult question, but from the lyrics below, can any of you knowledgeable guys out there identify this song?

Artist, Title, Label & price, if anybody has one please.

Here Goes:

It begins with a short Timpani 'drum roll' then goes straight into the main chorus with a male vocalist, backed with orchestration & trumpets ( sounded a bit like Glen Campbell/Jay Black, if you can imagine that)

Definitely a white artist, 'First Day In The World' seems the most obvious title, but I've been unable to find anything. If I'm honest, it's not very 'Northern' in its sound, but it has the right feel. Fairly slow in pace & i would guess it dates from around 1965 to 1970

CHORUS: 'It's my first day in the world without her

And I don't know where to turn or what to do

It's my first day in the world without her

I just don't know if I can make it one day through'

VERSE: 'And When I woke up this morning

I was so aware of the emptiness in the air

And at the breakfast table

All I could do was sit and stare at that empty chair'

It then goes back to the chorus....

I originally stumbled upon the sound clip on JMs website a few years ago, it was mistakenly attached to the image of a different 45. I emailed the JM site, but they could not identify the sound file....

Thanks for looking!

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It might be this 7" from 1970:

Michael Brennan - First Day In The World Without Her / Mixed-Up Guy - CAPITOL 2898

I haven't heard it myself, but I know that the flipside is the tune written by Jimmy Webb which goes hand-in-hand with the Glen Campbell sound you mentioned.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Michael Brennan - First Day In The World Without Her / Mixed-Up Guy - CAPITOL 2898

I haven't heard it myself, but I know that the flipside is the tune written by Jimmy Webb which goes hand-in-hand with the Glen Campbell sound you mentioned.

Wow! Yes, the First day in the world tune has a Jimmy Webb feel....I reckon that you have the right answer. Thank you

Social source share

I've just managed to get a copy after much searching on the internet.

I've been looking for a copy for years & after receiving your help I get one within two hours.

Grateful thanks,

Andrew

Social source share

I've just managed to get a copy after much searching on the internet.

I've been looking for a copy for years & after receiving your help I get one within two hours.

Grateful thanks,

Andrew

Hope it's the record you're looking for when it arrives! :lol:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share