Curtis Boone - Lil' Soul Brother

Whilst on the phone to McKinley Jackson yesterday, he told me of the passing of Curtis. Along with his brother Moses they were the Lil' Soul Brothers who recorded with Mike Hanks on D-Town records.

They were a popular act in Detroit in the 60's, being The Jackson Five style band of the city, funny enough it was The Five's arrival at Motown from Gary, Indiana that lead to them being over shadowed.

McKinley told me the funeral was well attended and many of the citys great came out to honor him.

Dave

Edited by mike
titled edited due to the last post
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Whilst on the phone to McKinley Jackson yesterday, he told me of the passing of Curtis. Along with his brother Moses they were the Lil' Soul Brothers who recorded with Mike Hanks on D-Town records.

They were a popular act in Detroit in the 60's, being The Jackson Five style band of the city, funny enough it was The Five's arrival at Motown from Gary, Indiana that lead to them being over shadowed.

McKinley told me the funeral was well attended and many of the citys great came out to honor him.

Dave

very sad news. he had amazing video of the lil soul brothers on his myspace page btw:

https://www.myspace.com/curtissboone

he had also emailed my friend some awesome newspaper clippings of the group, I will try to dig them up and post then.

Social source share

Unbelievable!!! I have their tune on D-Town and never thought for a moment that a clip of those little guys ever existed!! The 45 has a great flip too 'What Can It Be'.

I particularly liked the second clip of them when the music speeds up and they break into a dance routine....priceless!

I can't believe he has passed!!sad.gif He must have only been....what....early fifties? Sad news indeed.

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest Curtiss Boone

very sad news. he had amazing video of the lil soul brothers on his myspace page btw:

https://www.myspace.com/curtissboone

he had also emailed my friend some awesome newspaper clippings of the group, I will try to dig them up and post then.

Hi Dave, I'm Curtiss Boone of the Lil Soul Bros. There's been some kind of misunderstanding regarding me and my brother. We are both alive and well. It was my father ( Moses Boone Sr ) who passed away last year. Thats who Mckinley was refering to. My fathers songwriters credits include Marvin Gaye " What do you want with him " and David Ruffin " Half of your love ". You can find more info on me at www.myspace.com/curtissboone , I've got a coulpe of song on Aretha's new cd " A woman falling out of love " . My songs are " You can't see me " and " Two become one ". I hope this helps to clear up the misunderstanding. All the best and God bless, Curtiss Boone / Perfect Harmony Productions

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!