Chicago Cubs - Pennant Fever

Guest ScooterNik

Guest ScooterNik

I've had this sat at the back of one of my boxes for some time, it's on either Chess or Checker (it's been a while since I've dragged it out, but the Chess demos thread has reminded me about it)

Does anyone know anything about it? I assume its the baseball team singing it, but that's all I can tell apart from its a version of the classic 'Fever'.

Oh, and to be fair, its pretty crap :D though IIRC the other side 'Slide' is a pretty good organ driven instrumental

Edited by ScooterNik
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dudleysteve

I've had this sat at the back of one of my boxes for some time, it's on either Chess or Checker (it's been a while since I've dragged it out, but the Chess demos thread has reminded me about it)

Does anyone know anything about it? I assume its the baseball team singing it, but that's all I can tell apart from its a version of the classic 'Fever'.

Oh, and to be fair, its pretty crap :D

Its the 1969 team singing Pennant Fever but its The Slide (Instrumental on the B Side) that is worth playing (if you like Hammond Instrumentals that is!!).

Usually goes for around £8!

Cheers

Steve

Edited by dudleysteve
Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

Thats about £7.50 more than I paid, but its still staying sat at the back... Novelty records, don't you love them?

I have a 25 count box, intact in its original chess box stamped with serial number etc.. will try to dig it out and photograph it..

Good hammond inst , used to sell well on my record stall in the 90s; £8 about right...

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

And I think 2nd baseman was lead vocal (or at the forefront)

bit early to be Rhine Sandberg so not sure who off the Cubbies team that year. Agree flipside better, nice Mod type Hammond instrumental. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert