Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ken,

The more the merrier....

Cheer John,start with this

JERRY WILLIAMS - SHIPWRECKED - COTILLION 7" -

I'll post the otherside in a min.

Its not all good though,his album "rat-on" their asnt many high points.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Great idea John, will try and dig out some stuff tomorrow when "working" from home!

DId he do the Sandra Phillips LP, great stuff on that, will put some up,

Working from home on a Sauturday? If you are, you should be tucked up in bed already........

Yep, he did, but I've not burnt it mp3 yet, so I cant post it up.

Must get some Irma thomas burnt as well.

Social source share

Working from home on a Sauturday? If you are, you should be tucked up in bed already........

Yep, he did, but I've not burnt it mp3 yet, so I cant post it up.

Must get some Irma thomas burnt as well.

Shit week so wide awake, working on my own stuff though so not bad.

I will burn the Sandra Phillips tomorrow, hope you are well (and no-one is creme egging your current employers whistling.gif )

Social source share

Love the Dogg to bits!

Hey Ken, "Shipwrecked" / "Sock It To Yourself" was the first 45 I ever owned by the man, a few years before the wonderful "If You Ask Me". Worn the grooves of it as a lad.

His other Cotillion 45 "It's Still Good" / "Come And Get It" is another worthwhile track.

Quick mention for...

C & The Shells "On My Way Home" US Cotillion / UK Red Atlantic - Midtempo Magic and a teriffic ender I've used for some years.

The Doris Duke "I'm A Loser" entire album is one of the true greats. Check out "The Feeling Is Right" for a superb crossover dancer (also on Canyon 45)... but everyone needs the album!

Theres another superb Calla 45 in "Just What Do You Plan To Do About It" - not heard that played out for decades.

The Roker 45 "I Was Born Blue" is a take on the Whispers "Seems Like I Gotta Do Wrong" and 'quite interesting' if nothing else.

Let's not forget the brilliant "I Got What It Takes" by Brooks O'Dell & Jerry. An essential 45 in all good record collections.

Remember waiting for the new release of the "Have You Heard This Story" LP (back in 74?) with eager anticipation and wasn't disappointed.

Favourite track being "Did I Come Back To Soon" which I also bought at the time on a UK Island 45. A tragic tale superbly told. Humour, Irony & Soul!

"In My Resume" the Cream track is also a pure Dogg delight!

Also, just remembered early 70's spin "Total Destruction To Your Mind" ... and we've only scratched the surface!

Some guy Jerry Williams.

Nice thread John.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!