• Replies 31
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Jodie,

No, the Frances Burnett is a Berry Gordy Jr and Gwen Gordy comp, and is called "How I Miss You So". Near enough though!!

This version of "Miss You So" was covered by people like Ted Taylor etc. There's a thread a few weeks back called Pre-1964 Soul, where Mike gives a small insight into it - here's the link:

https://www.telasource.co.uk/soul/modules/i...&showtopic=1077

Gene

Social source share

Guest micksmith

HI ADY, I HAVE 2 78s ON A-RTV. BOTH ARE ONE SIDED ACETATES. THEY ARE'

THE TEMPTATIONS-IT'S GROWING &

EARL VAN DYKE-ALL FOR YOU.

ALSO THERE NOT PLAYING THE FRANCIS BURNETT ARE THEY-HOW BLOODY FAR BACK ARE WE GOING IN THIS SCENE. THERE'S SOME BAD TASTE AROUND AND THATS MY OPINION.

Social source share

ALSO THERE NOT PLAYING THE FRANCIS BURNETT ARE THEY-HOW BLOODY FAR BACK ARE WE GOING IN THIS SCENE. THERE'S SOME BAD TASTE AROUND AND THATS MY OPINION.

Yeah, too right Mick what next R'nB on wax cylinders???

Social source share

Like I always say, who put the **** in Country and Western????

Just think; this could mean a total rebrand all round to Ye Olde Soule Source, with such topics as "Playing Wax Cylinders at a Venue?".

I'd rather wait for the next compilation from Oldmine!!

Gene

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Tony

What are you doing up so early.

My brother said you lot last night were in a bit of a 2 and 8.

Glad I stayed in and nursed my cold.

Had a lovely really really greasy fry up this morning too

;-)

Social source share

Actually, doesn't the Wigan Oldies All-Niter "Listen To Those Memories" patch show a gramophone? Talk about predicting the shape of things to come!!

Or was it talk about Wigan '78 being mistaken for Wigan 78s!!!

Gene

Social source share

Tony

What are you doing up so early.

My brother said you lot last night were in a bit of a 2 and 8.

Glad I stayed in and nursed my cold.

Had a lovely really really greasy fry up this morning too

;-)

Yup, it's amazing what you can get done on 1 hours sleep, a good night was had by all!

Social source share

Er, that was me, forgot to log in!!!!

So is that how you get your mug shot on the posting. I want to see me in those top punk glasses so I'll stick this up. That's Clarkie & Roger in the car on the way to Wigan. Roger drove for years without a licence, we were ever so naughty in those days.

Ady

Social source share

So is that how you get your mug shot on the posting. I want to see me in those top punk glasses so I'll stick this up. That's Clarkie & Roger in the car on the way to Wigan. Roger drove for years without a licence, we were ever so naughty in those days.

Ady

I'll use my imagination until you post it up!!!!

Social source share

Guest Kolla

The moderators are currently in conference with the late Mary Whitehouse before making the decision whether to allow you to put that photo up or not :) )

Don't know why it's not showing as your Avatar, it is sitting in your profile so maybe Mike can sort it out for ya.

Social source share

Memory says back in 70s couple of colwyn bay types used to have a 78 acetate cutter, blanks were a bit of a problem, but did push one or two out

And fairly sure last time talked to Pete m when over, that they still had it or know of whereabouts

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Tony my big brother is Mark. He turned up late cos he was working, so is probably feeling ever so slightly better than the rest. Aparently Rob missed his curfew. he he.

Social source share

Tony my big brother is Mark. He turned up late cos he was working, so is probably feeling ever so slightly better than the rest. Aparently Rob missed his curfew. he he.

Yeah, I've had fuzzy texts from Rob, Tef & Marco, also one from Sam warning me of the consequences of leading Rob astray-Dunno why I always get the blame??

Social source share

The moderators are currently in conference with the late Mary Whitehouse before making the decision whether to allow you to put that photo up or not :) )

Don't know why it's not showing as your Avatar, it is sitting in your profile so maybe Mike can sort it out for ya.

just sorted it

think trick is in your profile somewhere there's a option called "Avatar Options which gives you options to upload, change, etc etc

avitar being geek term for forum photo

Social source share

Guest micksmith

ADY-A MODERATOR WITH ONLY 4 POSTS.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE TOO YOUNG TO GO TO WIGAN-MUST BE THIS ENGLAND YOU KEEP WATCHING. MICK.

Social source share

Bloody Nora Mick! How ungrateful are you! I dedicated that one especially to you at the 100 after you begged me to play it.

What was it you said to me at the Valatone...." OOh Jodie, go on and play me some of that loverly rock n' soul and popcorn I really love it but i'm too scared to play it in case no-body's my friend any more"

Never mind, I'll still be your friend

Jodie (I've got bad taste I have) Daley xxxxxxx :-))))

Social source share

Ah, so that awful row was the decks then?

According to back door Kenny It's difficult to tell what's worse, the records I play or the screeching noise he says I make over the mic

So not sure which was which

Sorry

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!