Scans Please Joey Dee And Janie Grant

grant

thanks dave, looks like mine any other way of telling boots from originals for both of these?

J Dee is on the yellow label and styrene press with 101-V in the runout,

the boots/repros are also on yellow pressed on styrene and vinyl,the styrene copy

has the MR stamp and a delta # that dates it mid 70s,also there`s a boot on a red label.

Dave f........

Social source share

J Dee is on the yellow label and styrene press with 101-V in the runout,

the boots/repros are also on yellow pressed on styrene and vinyl,the styrene copy

has the MR stamp and a delta # that dates it mid 70s,also there`s a boot on a red label.

Dave f........

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

My memory is rubbish and I'm not at home to check but I do seem to recall there were some boots that gave a different act: Joey Dee and the Starliters / Joey Dee and the New Starliters. Did they all have vocal / instrumental sides.

Remember it was covered as Artie Lewis - Struttin' Time . . . . . . . . Long term memory is a bit better.

Social source share

My memory is rubbish and I'm not at home to check but I do seem to recall there were some boots that gave a different act: Joey Dee and the Starliters / Joey Dee and the New Starliters. Did they all have vocal / instrumental sides.

Remember it was covered as Artie Lewis - Struttin' Time . . . . . . . . Long term memory is a bit better.

the janie grant boot was a creamy colour and had logos on it as well - much the same as the yvonne baker boot

Social source share

Here you go thumbsup.gif

Dave f.......

post-2848-12644621210124_thumb.jpg

so mine looks like this, it has P-982 B scratched on the run out was it booted in this format or is the other one like the YB the only boot?mellow.gif

my joey dee states joey dee and the new starlighters (yellow) with 101-V scratched on the run out

Social source share

my joey dee states joey dee and the new starlighters (yellow) with 101-V scratched on the run out

Stamped with a big X like"if its all the same to you" is what the real one look like Grant.

Social source share

Stamped with a big X like"if its all the same to you" is what the real one look like Grant.

no big X on runout Ken, small x after 100 on the label, remember the 70s boots of this u could see thru em if u held them up to a light and they had a bubbly label too.

Social source share

• 7 years later...

A mate has just been asking me about this. There seems to be a fair bit of info concerning the boot, but very little about the original. Caneil 101-V on yellow label styrene? If the boot has a number 101569 in the run-out, what is in the run-out on an original? Can anybody help with this? And what would be an approximate price for an original? I don't want to buy one, I'm just curious.

Much appreciated

John

Edited by John Moffatt
Social source share

49 minutes ago, John Moffatt said:

A mate has just been asking me about this. There seems to be a fair bit of info concerning the boot, but very little about the original. Caneil 101-V on yellow label styrene? If the boot has a number 101569 in the run-out, what is in the run-out on an original? Can anybody help with this? And what would be an approximate price for an original? I don't want to buy one, I'm just curious.

Much appreciated

John

I think you'll find the original has a raised X in the run out.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Patto said:

John

Ive got a deffo real one and as Pete Says it has a raised x in the runout.Its on Styrene.If you zoom in on my scan you can see the embosed X.At 2 oclock this is the clincher.Its a regular Gas Club spin for me an will never be for sale..

20170425_174736.thumb.jpg.0b631b9d9335d2e0f52998befa71550e.jpg

I've never had an original of this.  NIce to see the date on it though because I had no idea when it was released.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!