What's The Best Soul Night In London At The Mo?

Guest Dannyl

Hi all

First post and all that....

I used to go to the Capitol Soul in Tufnell Park where I had many a fine night. I went to the second event and kept going (sometimes regular, sometimes not so much) through to the end. Recently I was talking about this with some friends of mine who've never had the pleasure of going to a good soul night and I said I'd like to take them out to one. Where would you recommend? I'm pretty open as to types of music, I'd just like to go somewhere that it's worth making the effort for - not just a dude playing in a pub (though props to those who do it). Any thoughts?

I might add I'd be happy with a couple of rooms and a mixed bag musically. Had a really good time at a night at a Comedy Cafe down Old Street a year or so back - Gerald Jazzman spinning upstairs and a Northern room downstairs. Can't remember the bloody name of it though!

Thanks in advance

Danny

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

imvho i think there all worth a visit.....boogaloo,tower of soul,shs,walls of heartache.....all have there own style

id look in event lookbacks and see if any playlists take your fancy

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Hi all

I used to go to the Capitol Soul in Tufnell Park where I had many a fine night.

Hi Danny,

I really miss the Dome as well. sad.gif It probably had the finest selection of music anywhere at a mainstream soul night.

Welcome to Soul Source. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi Danny,

I really miss the Dome as well. sad.gif It probably had the finest selection of music anywhere at a mainstream soul night.

Welcome to Soul Source. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the welcome mate. Yeah, The Dome was amazing wasn't it? Not just the music (awesome though that was), the atmosphere never disappointed either.

Social source share

Welcome to SS Dannyl thumbsup.gif

The Dome in it's heyday will be remembered as a top notch. Heard lot's of new stuff there!

The three London venues I frequent tend to be:

Solid Hit Soul - Quality underplayed rare soul, very 6t's orientated

The 100 Club - Well what can you say, almost 30 years on still one of the country's top NS nights, only top quality DJ's

Towerfull of Soul - Downstairs River Bar (same as These Old Shoes was) - across the board, something for everybody

Have a look at events page, for other nights.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Edited by Stubbsy
Social source share

Thanks for all the responses. I have and joined the Va Va Voom Facebook group but there's not one till April 24th apparently! So I'm going to have to pay a long overdue visit to the 100 Club, I think. I have membership just never got around to going...long long overdue!

Social source share

Thanks for all the responses. I have and joined the Va Va Voom Facebook group but there's not one till April 24th apparently! So I'm going to have to pay a long overdue visit to the 100 Club, I think. I have membership just never got around to going...long long overdue!

Membership no longer needed to gain entry (unfortunately) smile.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!