Time Wasters...getting Worse

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Two months after My original thread about time wasters ordering records and then cancelling or not sending for records...it seems to be getting worse.

What can we do? Surely a name and shame thread would put an end to what I and other sellers have to put up with?

Chris

I'm ok with that !!

Social source share

LOLOLOL. Might be making an extra trip in March mate...you gonna be there?

Hey, i dont want to pick on genuine guys who just forget to send a cheque or a paypal payment. I`m talking about guys that order a tasty tune then just go quiet or after a week say "It wasn`t the record i thought it was"...or some other shit like that....

Chris

ps. Must get to Bids for this across the board musical policy! Agreed it should all be in one room by the way mate.

Social source share

Hey, i dont want to pick on genuine guys who just forget to send a cheque or a paypal payment. I`m talking about guys that order a tasty tune then just go quiet or after a week say "It wasn`t the record i thought it was"...or some other shit like that....

Chris

ps. Must get to Bids for this across the board musical policy! Agreed it should all be in one room by the way mate.

Yep mate, all booked up for March...only going for the show though (Thurs to Sun)

Is Shifty going?

Anyway, the last thing you need to do is buy more stock when the fcukers aren't paying for the stuff they ordered off ya!!! :thumbup:

It should all be in one room mate, except for Crossover, which should be restricted to a designated, well lit comfy corner with leather sofas, storage space for slippers and dressing gowns, and a Horlicks machine in close vacinity wink.gif:boxing:

Social source share

No mate, the Essex boy is still getting over that last trip...or that experience in Somerset PA a couple of years ago! Not sure yet but i could be bringing a virgin with me.....will be a short trip if i do make it, not our usual 2 week job.

Only one or two not following thru on orders but it pisses me off ..You KNOW...IT PISSES ME OFF!!!

You and Johnny boy sure looked nice and cosy at "Dab of soul" the other week.....leather sofas or not.....

Chris

Edited by Chris Anderton
Social source share

You and Johnny boy sure looked nice and cosy at "Dab of soul" the other week.....leather sofas or not.....

Chris

It was very cosy listening to all them big oldies you were playing (that I'd already played downstairs in the main room) :thumbup:

Shit, just watched that video of you again, and realised I might have gone too far... laugh.gif:boxing:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Name and shame i say. and if anyone knows me from ebay or wherever they know that payment from me is that fast cause everytime i order/win off ebay say i pay straight away on paypal. i hate time wasters

Social source share

Chris

Chris , i sold a vg++ copy of Domestic Five on JMs, even John said it was the cleanest copy of the record he had ever seen. It sold at half going rate £230 (bargain!) and it went to Germany and THEN was returned with the guy saying it hissed and clicked ....which it doesnt!

Social source share

Two months after My original thread about time wasters ordering records and then cancelling or not sending for records...it seems to be getting worse.

What can we do? Surely a name and shame thread would put an end to what I and other sellers have to put up with?

Chris

yeah and do one for the dodgy sellers as well .

Social source share

Chris, you keep saying this about timewasters, name and shame them, yet you never do, and nobody else will either. You're going to have to kick it off yourself I'm afraid.

I won't start a time wasters list but if anyone tries to con me or nick something off me they will be named, there's one coming up very soon, can you believe you let someone round to your house to look through records, and a record disappears?

Social source share

Chris , i sold a vg++ copy of Domestic Five on JMs, even John said it was the cleanest copy of the record he had ever seen. It sold at half going rate £230 (bargain!) and it went to Germany and THEN was returned with the guy saying it hissed and clicked ....which it doesnt!

Paul, don't want to stand up for any german buyer but did you have considered that the record may really play different on the guy's turntable? My own stylus and cartridge pick up much more noise (scratches etc) than many others. So whenever I buy a record I check how it plays on my turntable to see if seller's grading was ok or not.

Social source share

hatsoff2.gifHi as a buyer and not a seller I would advise you to put a notice Informing the buyer that Payment must be received in 7 Days or Items will be re listed and your name put on Soulsoure as poor buyer?.. you could start a link for this purpose, it,s not unlawful to do a name & shame list if you state the action in your add,shades.gif Since I have used EBay I have paid for my items i a average of 12 hours, I always get good feedback, but their are some dealers who take there time posting up to 4 weeks and even though they have had my money don't leave any feedback? and the pits are the dealers almost demanding that you give feedback to them before they give yours, these people have sussed me now as a quick payer i leave negative feedback I do the Aggro not them, Get Tough Man and stop poncing about. and GOOD LUCKph34r.gif DAVE(100%Feedback) KIL
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Chris

Excellent point Chris and very annoying for genuine collectors who get in touch with dealers only to find it's sold (or meant to be), seeing as i usually budget every record buy, if i lose out on one i then go to my next want, and use that percentage of my budget on an item lower down my wanted list.

Brett

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!