The Tempest

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi there!

This is a rare album, have seen it go for everything between 100-500 EURO on the few occasions when it has cropped up. It´s been a long time now since I actually listened to the album, but from memory I´d say (IMVHO of course) that it isn´t that impressive, not to merit the price anyway?! The obvious highlight of course is the wonderful "Love Me Anyway", otherwise I am not really sure if it is a must have album to be honest, there are many superior albums from the same era and style that you can buy extremely cheap at a car boot sale...LOL...

Hope this helps, and probably somebody will post soon and contradict what I have just written....ha-ha-ha...

Best,

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Hi there!

This is a rare album, have seen it go for everything between 100-500 EURO on the few occasions when it has cropped up. It´s been a long time now since I actually listened to the album, but from memory I´d say (IMVHO of course) that it isn´t that impressive, not to merit the price anyway?! The obvious highlight of course is the wonderful "Love Me Anyway", otherwise I am not really sure if it is a must have album to be honest, there are many superior albums from the same era and style that you can buy extremely cheap at a car boot sale...LOL...

Hope this helps, and probably somebody will post soon and contradict what I have just written....ha-ha-ha...

Best,

Melismo

I agree, it's not that strong, unless you like late 80's heavy drum machines whistling.gif

'Love me anyway' used the drum machines sympathetically.......not so with the rest of the LP (from memory)

It's in demand on the French Boogie scene, that's where my copy went!

Why not get yourself an orig US 'Thunder Bay' 45 at a fraction of the cost? I have the US & UK 45's myself cos the other good track from the LP is on the back on the UK 45 but not the US copy?

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!