New Stock List From Dj Friendly

Djfriendly

pm or email nick@djfriendly.co.uk

or order direct from the website www.djfriendly.co.uk

Soul & funk lp's

Aquarian Dream

Aquarian Dream

US BUDDAH LP - £13 EX- 2" top centre seem split

Classic LP produced by NORMAN CONNORS featuring PHOENIX / LOOK AHEAD / EAST 6TH STREET etc...

Archie Bell & The Drells

Tighten Up

US ATLANTIC LP - £40 nice clean copy still in shrink

Archie Bell & The Drells

Tighten Up

US ATLANTIC LP - £38 some light sleeve wear

Inc. the original version of TIGHTEN UP plus the northern soul tune A THOUSAND WONDERS

Armed Gang

Armed Gang

BRAZIL MUSIX 12 inch - £55 vg+ woc/wol

Classic boogie funk sound - several good tunes! A side is VG+ B side more like VG - check the soundclip

Carl Sherlock Holmes

Investigation No.1

US C.R.S. LP - £300 still in shrink with less than 1" seam split top right & bottom left

Exceptionally mint copy of this monster funk/breaks LP INVESTIGATION / BLACK BAG / MODESA / IT AIN'T RIGHT

Chuck Jackson

Through All Times

US ABC LP - £25 WOC - back - neat / very light ring wear / small cut out hole

Killer downtempo funky soul tune with beat intro from 1973!

D.J. Rogers

Love Brought Me Back

US COLUMBIA LP - £12 WOC - front - neat

great disco/modern soul sound on JOY FROM YOU / LOVE BROUGHT ME BACK 

Eloise Laws

Ain't It Good Feeling Good

US INVICTUS LP - £22 WOC -front - neat / some ring wear

Killer vocal disco LP from 77 Inc. LOVE GOES DEEPER THAN THAT/PUT A LITTLE LOVE INTO IT!

Keith Barrow

Physical Attraction

US CBS LP Promo - £10 

Inc. the classic two step soul tune YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BE LOVED

Man's Theory

Just Before Dawn

US MCA LP - £12 Sealed / corner cut out

Male vocal funk soul group from 1977 Inc. the great jazzy Instumental CREEK + title track

Mandrill

New Worlds

US ARISTA LP - £15 light sleeve wear

US ARISTA LP - £12 VG+ cover ring wear and sticker removed mark top right

Inc. huge modern tune TOO LATE + 2 killer soulful funky disco cuts STAY TONIGHT & IT'S SO EASY LOVING YOU as well as the usual selection of funk cuts you'd expect from Mandrill

Mandrill

Solid

US UNITED ARTISTS LP - £10 WOC - front - neat / WOL

Mantra

Mantra

US Casablanca LP Promo - £25 Light cover / ring wear

Another killer 80's lp which doesn't seem to have the deserved recognition. Produced by CAMEO - so lots of good funk tunes like DO YOU WANNA & HERE WE COME but the outstanding tune for me is the slow cut LET'S STAY TOGETHER

Mickey Murray

People Are Together

US FEDERAL LP - £50 Stamp on back cover

Rare and funky lp from the late sixties outta Georgia with several funky tunes I FOUND OUT / MONEY / ACE OF SPADES / GOING BACK TO ALABAMA / I DON'T KNOW WHY & more - nice clean copy! labels seem to be wrong on all copies I've had!

Positive Express

Changin' Times

US VICTORY LP - £90 Sealed

Rare 1982 boogie & soul lp from this SUGARHILL sub label from the same musicians as REDD HOTT Inc. LOVE INJECTION & a whole lot more 

Silk

Midnight Dancer

US PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL LP - £18 EX some light cover wear

Inc. modern soul classic MIDNIGHT DANCER & YOUR GOOD LOVIN' / LOVE'S GONNA GET YOU (IN THE END) & monster slow cut I CAN'T STOP (TURNING YOU ON) 

Starfire

Get Off With Us

US DYNAMIC ARTISTS LP - £50 

Great Indie funky soul LP from Virginia - I can't get enough of MAKE THE MOST OF IT

Starfire

Dancing And Singing For You

US DYNAMIC ARTISTS LP - £60 Sealed Copy!!

Great Indie funky soul LP from Virginia - I can't get enough of MAKE THE MOST OF IT

Sweet Thunder

Sweet Thunder

US FANTASY/WMOT LP - £10 

Great soul / disco lp with strong male vocal Inc. JOYFUL NOISE / KEEP ON GROWIN' / HOT LINE / EVERYBODY'S SINGIN' LOVE SONGS

The Joneses

Keepin' Up With The Joneses

US MERCURY LP - £15 WOC - back - neat / some ring wear

Another great soul set from 1974 oozing with soul I CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU SEE IN ME / HEY BABE / SUGAR PIE GUY / Etc..

The Joneses

US EPIC LP Promo - £22 STOC - back / WOL

Their second lp from 1977 benefits from being recorded in Philly with an allstar line up of musicians & produced by BOBBY ELI - several killer tunes WHO LOVES YOU / UNIVERSAL LOVE / LIES / IN LOVE AGAIN / MUSIC TO MY EARS

Unlimited Touch

Unlimited Touch

US PRELUDE LP - £12 

Inc. all their classic tunes I HEAR MUSIC IN THE STREETS/SEARCHING TO FIND THE ONE/IN THE MIDDLE/Etc…

Unlimited Touch

Yes I'm Ready

US PRELUDE LP - £12 nice clean copy in shrink

Classic PRELUDE boogie sound from 1983 Inc. GOOD LOVIN' / YOUR LOVE IS SERIOUS / YES I'M READY / Etc...

West Coast Revival

West Coast Revival

US L.A. INTERNATIONAL LP - £200 

Huge two step soul rarity Inc. SO FAR AWAY/LOVE OF MY LIFE/FREE/MY MIND IS AT EASE 

A Taste Of Honey

Ladies Of The Eighties

US CAPITOL LP - £10 

A Taste Of Honey - Another Taste

US CAPITOL LP - £8 

Just another great lp with a mix of quality soul & disco tunes. Produced by the MIZELL brothers - standouts include the Incredibly funky DO IT GOOD & a great version of I LOVE YOU but it is all good really! 

A Taste Of Honey - A Taste Of Honey

US CAPITOL LP - £8 Ring wear

another great lp produced by the MIZELL brothers with a mix of quality mid & downtempo soul & disco tunes. Best for me are some of the slower cuts like SKY HIGH / WORLD SPIN & DISTANT as well as the hit BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE

Alvin Fields - Special Delivery

US A & M LP - £8 

Standard early eighties funky boogie sound on SPECIAL DELIVERY / ANY WAY YOU LIKE IT / LUCKY NUMBER SEVEN / PUNK FUNK & the rest is pretty much slow cuts

Aquarian Dream - Chance To Dance

US ELEKTRA LP Promo - £10 

Decent lp of funky & disco sounds with the funkier & more mid tempo cuts coming out on top ARE YOU READY FOR LOVE / LOVE SLAVE / DIRTY TRICK and the title tune sounds like an attempt to cash in on the popularity of BOHANNON - Let's Start the Dance

Archie Bell - I Never Had It So Good

US BECKET LP - £12 WOC - front - neat

Archie Bell - I Never Had It So Good

US BECKET LP - £15 Top right corner cut out

Lesser seen lp from 1981 with some strong vocal soul/disco tunes as you'd expect - there is the modern soul sounding ANYTIME IS RIGHT with an anthemic feel. There is the nice disco feel of DON'T WAIT FOR THE WORLD - the quality mid tempo soul of I NEVER MADE LOVE & HARDER AND HARDER

Archie Bell & The Drells - Dance Your Troubles Away

US TSOP LP - £8 WOC - back - neat

Classic philly disco/soul sound Inc. LET'S GROOVE / SOUL CITY WALK / I WON'T LEAVE YOU HONEY / Etc..

Archie Bell & The Drells - Where Will You Go When The Party's Over

US PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL LP - £10 VG+

Inc. the classics DON'T LET LOVE GET YOU DOWN / WHERE WILL YOU GO WHEN THE PARTY'S OVER / EVERYBODY HAVE A GOOD TIME / DANCIN' MAN / Etc..

Asha Puthli - The Devil Is Loose

UK CBS LP - £25 nice clean copy!

Inc. the georgeous disco funk classic SPACE TALK 

Barbara McNair - More Today Than Yesterday

US AUDIO FIDELITY LP - £12 Sealed

Chuck Jackson - I Wanna Give You Some Love

US EMI LP - £20 Sealed - cut out hole

Awesome soul set from 1980 I WANNA GIVE YOU SOME LOVE / NO TRICKS / WAITING IN VAIN / Etc..

Clifford Coulter - The Better Part Of Me

US COLUMBIA LP - £30 

Classic soul set from 1980 Inc. YOU AND I/NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS FREE/Etc...

Creative Source - Creative Source

US SUSSEX LP Gatefold - £20 

Great LP - their best by far WHO IS HE AND WHAT IS HE TO YOU/YOU CAN'T HIDE LOVE/Etc...

Creative Source - Consider The Source

US POLYDOR LP Promo - £12 EX

Classic funk soul set from 1976 inc. GOOD LOVIN' IS GOOD LIVIN' / SINGIN' FUNKY MUSIC SURE TURNS ME ON

Creative Source - Pass The Feelin' On

US POLYDOR LP - £10 VG+ Cover/ring wear + bottom right corner cut out

Classic soul group with strong male & female vocals with many strong cuts but highlights are SINCERELY & TURN ON TO MUSIC

Debbie Taylor - Comin' Down On You

US TODAY LP - £20 Sealed

Debbie Taylor - Comin' Down On You

US TODAY LP Promo - £16 VG+ WOC - front - neat

Top southern funky soul sound from 1974 produced by PATRICK ADAMS - Inc. the funky TOO SAD TO TELL plus quality soul cuts SECOND TO NONE / ROMANCE WITHOUT FINANCE / NO DEPOSIT NO RETURN

Empress - Empress

US PRELUDE LP Promo - £15 

Classic 1981 funky mid tempo disco boogie sound with not a bad cut on the lp CONTROL IT / DYIN' TO BE DANCING / GONNA GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT / TAKE ME ALONG / TAKE A RISK / GIVE IN TO LOVE

Freda Payne - Payne & Pleasure

US ABC DUNHILL LP Promo - £10 

Another quality soul set with loads of great tunes in the crossover style from 1974. produced by McKINLEY JACKSON

Freda Payne - How Do You Say I Don't Love You Anymore

US MGM LP - £30 Sealed

6T's soul set - rare! 

Freda Payne - Hot

US CAPITOL LP - £10 

Inc. CAN'T WAIT

Freda Payne - Stares And Whispers

US CAPITOL LP - £10 

Inc. the two step tune I GET HIGH(ON YOUR MEMORY)

Freda Payne - Supernatural High

US CAPITOL LP - £15 Sealed

The outstanding cut is the mid tempo soul monster TELL ME PLEASE but there is more value in the soulful disco sounds of PULLIN' BACK / STORYBOOK ROMANCE & LIVING FOR THE BEAT 

Freda Payne - Band Of Gold

US INVICTUS LP - £10 Cut out hole - top right corner

Classic female vocal funky soul with the large JVC Force breaks UNHOOKED GENERATION & EASIEST WAY TO FALL & there is a whole lot more THE WORLD DON'T OWE YOU A THING / THROUGH THE MEMORY OF MY MIND / LOVE ON BORROWED TIME / I LEFT SOME DREAMS BACK THERE / Etc..

Freda Payne - Out Of Payne Comes Love

US ABC DUNHILL LP Promo - £10 Top right corner cut out / light ring wear - vinyl perfect!

Another quality set from 1975 - standouts for me are YOU BROUGHT THE WOMAN OUT OF ME / I HEAR RUMOURS / LOST IN LOVE 

Freda Payne - Contact

US INVICTUS LP With Official sleeve Sticker - £30 Sealed / Cut out hole top right corner

Includes Poster

Freda Payne - Payne & Pleasure

US ABC DUNHILL LP - £12 Sealed

Another quality soul set with loads of great tunes in the crossover style from 1974. produced by McKINLEY JACKSON

Jimmy Ruffin - Ruff N Ready

US SOUL LP - £25 nice clean copy in shrink with small cut out

Jimmy Ruffin - Ruff N Ready

US SOUL LP - £20 VG++ Cut out - botton right corner / seem split - top

Just a quality crossover soul set with loads of great tunes EVERYBODY NEEDS LOVE / DON'T LET HIM TAKE YOUR LOVE FROM ME / IT'S WONDERFUL TO BE LOVED BY YOU / 96 TEARS / SAD & LONESOME FEELING / LONELY LONELY MAN AM I / FAREWELL IS A LONELY SOUND

Johnnie Taylor

A New Day

US COLUMBIA LP - £10 

Great soul LP from 1980 with lots of quality slow cuts & the mid tempo dance tune I WANNA GET INTO YOU & the huge soul tune BABY DON'T HESITATE

Johnnie Taylor

Just Ain't Good Enough

US BEVERLY GLEN 12 inch - £15 

Title cut is a class mid tempo soul tune & of course there is the huge SHAPESHIFTERS sample WHAT ABOUT MY LOVE + a couple of decent slow cuts

Johnnie Taylor

Wanted One Soul Singer

JAPAN ATLANTIC LP - £30 

Inc. the killer 2 step funky soul tune AIN'T THAT LOVING YOU (FOR MORE REASONS THAN ONE) as sampled on GRAND PUBA - Big Kids Don't Play as well as the big Northern soul tune BLUES IN THE NIGHT 

Johnnie Taylor - Reflections

US RCA LP - £8 

Decent soul set from 1977 with mostly slow & mid tempo tunes

Johnnie Taylor - Rated Extraordinaire

US COLUMBIA LP - £10 

Great soul LP from 1977 Inc. YOUR LOVE IS RATED X & HERE I GO(THROUGH THESE CHANGES AGAIN)

Johnnie Taylor - She's Killing Me

US COLUMBIA LP - £12 

More of a disco lp from Johnnie this time Including Little Dancin' Queen / The Users / She's Killing Me / I Can't Leave Your Love Alone

Johnnie Taylor - Eargasm

US COLUMBIA LP - £12 WOC - back - neat

1976 lp & Johnnie has got on the disco tip a little - DISCO LADY is quality mid tempo disco which was big in the US & of course there is the UK modern soul anthem YOUR THE BEST IN THE WORLD 

Johnnie Taylor - Taylored In Silk

US STAX LP - £10 

Silky soul from 1973 with mostly slow cuts

Keith Barrow - Keith Barrow

US COLUMBIA LP Promo - £12 

Another classic lp produced by the Philly legend BOBBY ELI - lots of strong tunes WE'VE GOT A RIGHT TO BE WRONG / A WORLD OF LONELY PEOPLE / I PUT THE TWINKLE IN YOUR EYE / Etc

Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson - Soulshake

US SSS INTERNATIONAL LP - £10 Sealed

Popcorn Wylie - Extrasensory Perception

US ABC LP Promo - £15 VG++ light sleeve wear

Inc. large beat intro on E.S.P. & BOTH ENDS AGAINST THE MIDDLE - some great soul tunes also HOW DID I LOOSE YOU / LOST TIME

Sins Of Satan - Thou Shalt Boogie Forever

US BUDDAH LP - £35 

Rarely seen Soul-Disco-Boogie style lp Inc. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL / SUNSHINE GIRL / DEVILS DISCO / DANCE AND FREE YOUR MIND / ROPE-A-DOPE / Etc... 

The Chi-Lites - A Lonely Man

US BRUNSWICK LP - £10 vg++ WOC / WOL

Another solid lp with loads of good slow cuts - outstanding are LIVING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF ANOTHER MAN / INNER CITY BLUES / BEING IN LOVE 

The Chi-Lites - Half A Love

US BRUNSWICK LP - £12 

Another great lp GO AWAY DREAM / LIVING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF ANOTHER MAN / I NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD / HERE I AM / Etc..

The Chi-Lites - A Letter To Myself

US BRUNSWICK LP Gatefold - £10 EX- WOC & WOL

The Chi-Lites - A Letter To Myself

US BRUNSWICK LP Gatefold - £15 Partial Sealed

Quality slow cuts abound on this classic lp from 1973 + the ghetto soul sound of WE NEED ORDER

The Chi-Lites

Heavenly Body

US CHI-SOUND / 20TH CENTURY LP - £10 

Great funky soulful lp from 1980 Inc. HEAVENLY BODY / STRUNG OUT /Etc..

12" Singles

Billy Griffin - Hold Me Tighter In The Rain

US COLUMBIA 12 inch Promo - £40

Rare on US promo only 12! Perfect MINT UNPLAYED COPY!

Osmond Collins

They're Lying

US MCM 12 inch - £40 

nice mid eighties dance tune

Richard Grayson

Hot Fun

US MCM 12 inch - £70 WOL

Quality mid eighties soul tune with a rap version on the flip side

Billy Paul - Only The Strong Survive

US PHILADELPHIA INT 12 inch Promo - £25 

Original promo 12 Inch of this classic tune

Billy Paul - Bring The Family Back

US PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL 12 inch Promo in Company Sleeve - £8 

Soul weekender classic!

Billy Paul - Only The Strong Survive

US PHILADELPHIA INT 12 inch Promo - £20 EX/STOL

Original promo 12 Inch

Bobby Lovejoy and Peter Love - Oh Maryann / People Act Funny When They Get Money

US TOP - TOP 12 inch - £30 

1987 Mid eighties Indie soul tune 

For soundclips & pics & thousands more titles go to www.djfriendly.co.uk 

pm or email nick@djfriendly.co.uk

or order direct from the website

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic