• Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest recordman

I'm getting excited about this as we get closer- 3 rooms cant be bad

Ultimate Soul Bury Town Hall Sounds like a love potion for soulful heaven - MIGHT START A REVOLUTION !!

Wahay, gonna be an Orwell regulars get-together, what with youse touse, the Boro Boys, Kirsty etc

Must speak to Mr M as to me times, which rooms etc?

Cannae wait!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Will be doing the time over the weekend so will post up ........watch this space............

Do us a favour Stevo, slip Chucks' 'Pack up your make up' in the 'ol box will ya, so I can get all misty eyed and Orwellian at the barbiggrin.gif

..........and while your at it leave it in for Essence as well, it'll make a very young man very happylaugh.giflaugh.gif .

TTFN

Jimthumbsup.gif

Chuck at his best IMHO wonderful tune, yet to have its day thumbsup.gif

Just had mail from 'Chorleybloke' - he's flying in from Monaco specially for the night!!

Says he wouldn't want to miss my set for 'all the tea in China':D:tongue:

Julian

Vistors from the 'Principality'! We're honoured, we've gone International....Gotta say though Julian they wont be dissapointed :thumbup:

Guest recordman

BURY TOWN HALL 3 ROOM SOUL SESSION "ULTIMATE SOUL " FRIDAY 26th FEB

"It Don't Mean a Thing If It aint Got That Swing " Duke Ellington

and next Friday Bury will have it in bucket fulls - You have been warned !

BURY TOWN HALL 3 ROOM SOUL SESSION "ULTIMATE SOUL " FRIDAY 26th FEB

"It Don't Mean a Thing If It aint Got That Swing " Duke Ellington

and next Friday Bury will have it in bucket fulls - You have been warned !

Hi Steve

Thougt I'd give the peeps a 'flavour' of the rooms at Bury with some links to threads which kinda mirror the music policy of the rooms, so here goes.............

The Modern Room 'TSOP'........ go to especially the selections posted up by Dave Tay......a regular at Prestwich and a man who knows his tunes form 70's Mecca to 2010's Manchester.

The 'Orwell' Room......... have a listen to some of the selections in Baz Atkinsons brilliant 'Crossover Fridays' thread

https://www.soul-sour...day-oh-yesssss/ This really brings this excellent thread to life in the Lancaster Suite on the last Friday in February

The Main Room.......Northern at its best...... Reading through the top 100 Northern Tunes Readers poll at

https://www.soul-sour...ul-source-poll/

couldnt help but think 'there's a fair few selections in there would give me a few others on her a bloody good night out......throw in a few rareties and left fielders and you've got the essence of the main room at Bury...............

Dont take my word for it though .....come along this Friday between 9pm and 4am and choose your room and fill your boots............

Edited by BazM

leather soled loafers for me(timeless classic)

Well traditionally I like to DJ , and indeed take to the floor, in Bass plain fronted loafers, thus agreeing with you most totally, but if the weather requires a more substantial footing [sorry couldn't stop myself] I'll go with the brogues. Black Royals or Brown Churchs to be precise.

dean

Well traditionally I like to DJ , and indeed take to the floor, in Bass plain fronted loafers, thus agreeing with you most totally, but if the weather requires a more substantial footing [sorry couldn't stop myself] I'll go with the brogues. Black Royals or Brown Churchs to be precise.

dean

black royals,you style icon,complete with steel heel tips I hope,although looking at the snow that we woke to this morning,wellington boots could be more apropriate :chinstroke:

black royals,you style icon,complete with steel heel tips I hope,although looking at the snow that we woke to this morning,wellington boots could be more apropriate g.gif

Wellingtons? what a vile creation they are.

I am at this moment teetering around in pair of round toed, multi strapped black patent Paul Smith mary janes with a 5" subtly striped heel... I can sit down Ok in them, and walk, but not sure on the dancing front. Otherwise I am considering a pair of studded red peeptoes that only have a 4" heel... Both pairs have leather soles.

I'm more concerned about which dress to wear... so far theres a choice between velvet backless, jersey with a deep v front, something knee length and tailored, but if its snowy and cold I might wear trousers.

Decisions, decisions biggrin.gif

Edited by Guest

Barry - I bet Eddie told you that biggrin.gif

Some men will do anything to grab the limelight no.gif .. or a spot laugh.gif He was 50 last year & it's his lovely younger (hope you see this Eddie tongue.gif ) partner Anita who is celebrating her 50th at Bury thumbup.gif

Looking forward to the 3 rooms & lots of birthday celebrations beer.gif

Guest recordman

Can you get leather soled wellies?

Does anybody remember thier first pair of como's I got my first pair from McNultys Famous Shoe Shop in Libary St Wigan

what a shop ..what a pair of shoes

See you all Friday

In 1974 the best shoes for dancing availible were 'solatio' [if that is how you spell it] spoon shaped with leaves of overlapping leather and of course flat leather soles. these items of grace and lovliness surprisingly cost half as much as ugly, uncomfortable platforms. Barry has decided to get his python skin platform boots out, inspired no doubt by a Kudu records album sleeve, to wear in the TSOP room on Friday but is going to change into lace up black moccasons for the Orwell Room. Of course he will perform in the ballroom in mink flip -flops.

dean

I am at this moment teetering around in pair of round toed, multi strapped black patent Paul Smith mary janes with a 5" subtly striped heel... I can sit down Ok in them, and walk, but not sure on the dancing front.

Same here thumbsup.gif

.................................well Paul Smith's anyway laugh.gif

Adaptable for whichever room's dancefloor I grace! Well, grace is maybe not quite appropriate but you know what I mean!

In 1974 the best shoes for dancing availible were 'solatio' [if that is how you spell it] spoon shaped with leaves of overlapping leather and of course flatVOL leather soles. these items of grace and lovliness surprisingly cost half as much as ugly, uncomfortable platforms. Barry has decided to get his python skin platform boots out, inspired no doubt by a Kudu records album sleeve, to wear in the TSOP room on Friday but is going to change into lace up black moccasons for the Orwell Room. Of course he will perform in the ballroom in mink flip -flops.

dean

post-1557-12668616939747_thumb.jpg VOILA

Edited by micksmix
Guest Kym Fuller

Hey Baz,

Not sure if you remember me at all but I'll be coming out to Bury all the way from Buffalo, NY! I've briefly e-mailed with Steve Plumb who I've know from the various soul lists over the years and will be on the look out for him on Friday (even though I don't know what he looks like). See ya'll there! Can't wait!!

PS - is there a record bar?

Kym

It's Here! Ultimate Soul!...

FRIDAY 26th Feb 2010 9pm - 4am @

BURY TOWN HALL

Something For Everyone - If you like Soul you'll love ULTIMATE SOUL!

Three Rooms Of Soul In One Great Night .........

The Elizabethian Suite - Northern and Rare Soul

The Peel Suite - TSOP - Modern Soul and Nu Soul Grooves

The Lancaster Suite - The Orwell - Crossover, 70's and little lable Soul

Join us on Friday 26th Feb for three rooms of Soul with DJ's Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Dean Johnson, Mark Grice, Mick Howard, Joe Soul, Robbo, Steve Plumb, Steve Connor, Flanny, Kev Murphy, Julian Bentley, Dave Lucas, Baz Maleady and Guests for a night of Quality Music.

Admission £10

Hey Baz,

Not sure if you remember me at all but I'll be coming out to Bury all the way from Buffalo, NY! I've briefly e-mailed with Steve Plumb who I've know from the various soul lists over the years and will be on the look out for him on Friday (even though I don't know what he looks like). See ya'll there! Can't wait!!

PS - is there a record bar?

Kym

Hi Kym

Hope you are well, looks like you pip Monacco as the furthest anyone is travelling to be with us this weekend be very good to see you:thumbup: Mr P will be firmly ensconced in the Orwell room, he'll be the one stood at the bar in the white linen suite, fedora and Bass Weejuns (no socks of course) shades

Record bar in the foyer

See you Friday

ATB

Baz

Hi Kym

Hope you are well, looks like you pip Monacco as the furthest anyone is travelling to be with us this weekend be very good to see youthumbup.gif Mr P will be firmly ensconced in the Orwell room, he'll be the one stood at the bar in the white linen suite, fedora and Bass Weejuns (no socks of course) shades.gif

Record bar in the foyer

See you Friday

ATB

Baz

just a short hop from sunny heywood for me,two days to go,loafers,records,et al(sic) polished and ready to go

just a short hop from sunny heywood for me,two days to go,loafers,records,et al(sic) polished and ready to go

hey Mick, I'm nearly ready too laugh.gif

Tried on about 15 dresses last night, and have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 or 4. This is all prone to change at the last minute just to annoy Michael who will have precisely 15 minutes at home (after a 5 hour drive) before we head off out to Bury and the travelodge that awaits.

Luckily I have ALL day Friday, bar an hour at school watching my daughters assembly, and then an hour after school, collecting, feeding and then getting rid of the kids... Hope I'll be ready in time whistling.gif

Will see some of you in The Orwell room for a chat, squeeze and a dance! Can't wait thumbup.gif

Great to see Bury Town Hall is back !!

Strong lineup of DJ's

Great venue

Easy Access

Mini Allnighter

Northern & Rare Soul Soul

Crossover & 70s Tuneage

Modern Soul with the "TSOP Vibe

DEAN " The Wordsmith" JOHNSON

The Orwell Team

Fantastic Sound System

Brilliant Night Not To Be Missed

The only thing missing here was the weather so I've checked that and its good as well thumbsup.gif

Roll on Friday Night!

hey Mick, I'm nearly ready too laugh.gif

Tried on about 15 dresses last night, and have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 or 4. This is all prone to change at the last minute just to annoy Michael who will have precisely 15 minutes at home (after a 5 hour drive) before we head off out to Bury and the travelodge that awaits.

Luckily I have ALL day Friday, bar an hour at school watching my daughters assembly, and then an hour after school, collecting, feeding and then getting rid of the kids... Hope I'll be ready in time whistling.gif

Will see some of you in The Orwell room for a chat, squeeze and a dance! Can't wait thumbup.gif

sounds like a plan kirsty,looks like an early arrival is advisable,hope my front of the building parking space is still there,karen's designated driver for the night ,wahay!!

Well an order from Mr. Coddington has arrived, paid for by the auction of Mr. Manship, so I guess I'm ready to finalise the TSOP box. Unfortunatley there is still the small matter of editing 1500 selected 45's into a 500 count box for the Orwell room. A cup of tea and back to it I think.

See Y'all on the 'morrow my little love kittens

dean

Edited by dean jj
Guest chorleybloke

BURY TOWN HALL

Join us on Friday 26th Feb for three rooms of Soul with DJ's Soul Sam, Bob Hinsley, Dean Johnson, Mark Grice, Mick Howard, Joe Soul, Robbo, Steve Plumb, Steve Connor, Flanny, Kev Murphy, Julian Bentley, Dave Lucas, Baz Maleady and Guests for a night of Quality Music.

Admission £10

Ey up Baz,

I'm flying over to the UK from France this weekend for 1) your do at BTH to catch up with Julian 2) Lifeline 3) Wembley Cup Final. If everything's on time & the traffic's not too bad I'm hoping to make it by about 10pm. However knowing Easyjet and the M6 I wouldn't be astonished if that grows by a couple of hours. So do the doors shut at any time, ie could I still get in at midnight etc?

Cheers

Petethumbsup.gif

Ey up Baz,

I'm flying over to the UK from France this weekend for 1) your do at BTH to catch up with Julian 2) Lifeline 3) Wembley Cup Final. If everything's on time & the traffic's not too bad I'm hoping to make it by about 10pm. However knowing Easyjet and the M6 I wouldn't be astonished if that grows by a couple of hours. So do the doors shut at any time, ie could I still get in at midnight etc?

Cheers

Petethumbsup.gif

Anyone travelling will be guaranteed that the doors will be open ALL NIGHT Pete even if I (or maybe Julian wicked.gif )has to leave to get you in thumbup.gif

Edited by BazM

Anyone travelling will be guaranteed that the doors will be open ALL NIGHT Pete even if I (or maybe Julian :wicked: )has to leave to get you in :thumbup:

well,nearly there,just that dreaded four letter word WORK tomorrow,then it's all systems go for the seven hour GROOVE-A-THON,it's going to get seriously soulful,see everybody there :wink:

BURY TOWN HALL

Admission £10

All DJ's confirmed..........BIG BUZZ on this, Be Early.................... thumbup.gif

BURY TOWN HALL

Admission £10

Dont read about tomorrow experience it tonite! ..............Let's see you there

Gonna Be A Great Night........See you later............................