2010-07-02: Whitby Soul Weekender 2010

One of our party has just been admitted to hospital with an ulcer on his leg,hes absolutely gutted he cant make it.

So if anybody would needs a ticket theres one for sale,thought I'd try to get some money back for him as he isnt having much luck,having lost £50.00 deposit on the hotel that would bust.

Pm me if interested,am sure he'll accept any sensible offers for it,cost £30.00.

Thanks

Kx

• Replies 197
  • Views 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

People will eat/drink wherever they think is good for them and have a lovely Social time with ALL the Soulies milling about the town!!

The MOST important place anyway is the FABULOUS VENUE with the Main Room over looking the BAY!!

PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Two more sleeps and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-1851-039230000 1277886870_thumb.jpg

post-1851-039230000 1277886870_thumb.jpg

..... Got the hotel, driver, Need a butler min wage retired rail workers need not apply as they tend to arrive a month early and stink garlic. Looking forward to having a great weekend

:lol:

Andy :thumbsup:

ha ha - Thats a bit strong comming from an employee of york sewerage works - see ya Friday Andy H , gonna be a good 'un for sure

One of our party has just been admitted to hospital with an ulcer on his leg,hes absolutely gutted he cant make it.

So if anybody would needs a ticket theres one for sale,thought I'd try to get some money back for him as he isnt having much luck,having lost £50.00 deposit on the hotel that would bust.

Pm me if interested,am sure he'll accept any sensible offers for it,cost £30.00.

Thanks

Kx

Hi Kirsty , Dale Byers was looking for a ticket and maybe accomodation as well .
Guest wizardmerlin
thumbsup.gifwould ya believe it waited for yonks for this weekenderrolleyes.gifgone and hurt me footsad.gif docs told me to rest itsad.gif hes gotta be having a laughthumbsup.gifcouple of very strong painkillers fri and sat i wont feel a thingthumbsup.gifheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa laugh.gifroll on friday gonna be sunny too cant be badhatsoff2.gif

[went last year but only attended the evenings, looked on you tube at afternoons and saw what i missed,,,,,, i will be at all 3 afternoons this year,,,

p.s. if you get sick of fish and chips try the home made pie restaraunt across the bridge and to the right,,, spot on.

looking forward to fri

Guest southpaw

[went last year but only attended the evenings, looked on you tube at afternoons and saw what i missed,,,,,, i will be at all 3 afternoons this year,,,

p.s. if you get sick of fish and chips try the home made pie restaraunt across the bridge and to the right,,, spot on.

looking forward to fri

Isn't it called "humble pie" something like that went there last year it was nice :ohmy:

Isn't it called "humble pie" something like that went there last year it was nice :D

Just a further reminder regarding entrance to the Weekender.

1. Check in from 3pm Friday.

2. Anyone asking you about entry to the event, they must get tickets or reserve them before arrival. We cannot sell tickets on the door without prior arrangement.

As of 9am, the Whitby Tourist office had a few left(01947-602124 they will help with acommodation too)

3. Don't forget to bring ID.

4. Merchandisers can set up from 2pm.

Any other queries either email sales@goldsoul.co.uk or Txt 0784-1197874 :lol:

Edited by The Golden 101
Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Dave is giddy already due to his forthcoming Motown Underplayed set in the Marketplace on Saturday night. The whole of Goole will be cheering him on :lol:

Apart from me, I,ll be washing me hair :yes::lol:laugh.gif:D

SUN SEA AND SOUL WHITBY WEEKENDER ONE MORE SLEEP IF YOUR LUCKY IN THIS HEAT, RECORDS READY TO GO JUST WHAT TO WEAR NOW, SOULIES SEE YOU AT THE GREAT ONE WHITBY WEEKENDER, DRIVE SAFE AND KEEP THE KTF :rolleyes: SAM EVANS .PS ALSO I'II BE DOING A CHARITY COLLECTION FOR SANDRA AND FAMILY THANKS SAM:thumbsup.gif

Edited by XSS
Guest John Poole

Getting everything ready for a weekend at Yorkshires Riveria resort

Hope Nige has brought some NEW shorts the others are about worn out!!!

Getting everything ready for a weekend at Yorkshires Riveria resort

Hope Nige has brought some NEW shorts the others are about worn out!!!

Of course il have me Lucky Shorts with me Johnny me boy!!

Looks like good weather Fri/Sat so guess il pack the Mankini tonight!!

N x

post-1851-015065500 1278005694_thumb.jpg

post-1851-015065500 1278005694_thumb.jpg

Guest soulmaguk

countdown here i come...just back from holiday and havn't been soulin' proper since 2 Lifelines ago. gonna bring my fishing rod as the mackerel season is on.

Guest Tim aka Bob

very nice pie shop,,looking forward to this weekend very much now,,, in countdown mode..., pre request for fri afternoon,,, ????? moody woman by jerry butler, not for me, its for the wife ha ha

Any tickets about?unsure.gif

Well looking at the weather report its not looking bad at all 22deg no clouds (FULL SUN ) for tomorrow.

I would just like to say that in defence of the Kyber/Hudsons to balance the comments .This eatery has a good review as well as a bad one on that site so please be reasonable and not take things literally in black and white that you read.

Follow your nose and make a judgement call for yourSelf. ;)end of .

As the Bamboos would say ............I'm steppin out

Guest dazzzzler

:thumbsup:well just got back from whitby really enjoyed a busy weekend,plus the ska group in the resolution pub great stuff:thumbsup: .couldnt fault it ,except Q at the bar but that cant be helped.so after top week end in brid last week and this one i can honestly say im knackerd::yes:

:thumbsup: .

Edited by dazzzzler

Well, what a pleasant surprise this weekender turned out to be. Karen and I were invited by Pete and Liz who'd won some spare tickets at Blackpool and we'd been recommended to go by friends of ours who go every year. Wasn't expecting to write a review of this weekender as I knew it leant more on the oldies side of things and I have to admit my expectations were not not high so I spent most time in the Freestyle room - but was knocked out by the quality of the sounds being spun. My favourite spot of the weekender has to go to Carmen who played one of the best spots I've heard in ages - real quality soul followed closely by Soul Sam who really pulled out the stops. Ventured into the main room a few times to be comfronted by over 1000 hot and happy dancers who just wanted to dance (didn't know many at the do but everyone there just seem to want to boogie all night). Sold a few tunes so I was also hot and happy by the end of weekend. :laugh:

What really made this whole weekend special was Whitby itself - what a fabulous, fabulous place. it's quaint, historic, beautiful and friendly. Got to be one of the best towns we've visited in the UK and we're definitely going back and probably the best location of any soul weekender we've been to. Never thought I'd say this but if you (like me) have been a bit sniffy about the Whitby weekend I'd recommend you go. You'll love it.

thumbsup.gif just got back from whitby weekender what a great time had by all a BIG THANKYOU to kev and sam and all the team who put this weekender on, The pavilion is a great venue's to dj at, The soulies are top people from around the country also a BIG THANKS YOU TO EVERY ONE WHO AS DONATED MONEY TO SANDRA AND FAMILY K.T.F. love sam evans :lol: see you on the dance floor soon :thumbsup::lol:

What a superb weekend , loved it , best one yet for me a really laid back environment that I don't feel exhausted me and makes me feel like I wantto sample it again ...soon !

We were blessed with great weather and everyone looked to be really enjoying themselves . I shall do a full blog later with more pictures still to post.

I still didn't manage to do the steps to the abbey , never mind next time eh. Great to see many old freinds and make new one's.

A big thanks to all that made it one of the best weekends souling I have had this year , and now that the FREE STYLE area is in full swing I do hope it is a feature that is going to stay . I can see this area going from strength to strength each year. How lovely it is to share in other peoples record collections (and collections can be so initimate ) Also to hear things that don't generally get played at these events because demand is greater for faster music.

Also there is a lot of middle ground records that escape the floor because their tempo may be a little different to what is the norm , they are not expensive records , and they are dancable, they sound so fresh on the ear , but less known perhaps to the mass. It was really great that these records had an audience that was well overdue IMHO.

I loved seeing Soul Sam in full freestyle , he was a joy to watch. And I thought Julie had the best microphone skills I have ever heard , she sounded so natural. I know Nige loved doing the free style room in addition to the northern room. Lovely to meet other collectors and be surprised many times over at hearing things I didn't know.

Great to see many LP only tracks hit the decks of whichI loved the Tamiko Jones version of "123 ", also Sams play "Somethings on my mind "? I think it was TSD ? now that was superb for me, top tune of the weekend.

Superb experience ! Can't wait for next year now.

Edited by Carms

What a superb weekend , loved it , best one yet for me a really laid back environment that I don't feel exhausted me and makes me feel like I wantto sample it again ...soon !

We were blessed with great weather and everyone looked to be really enjoying themselves . I shall do a full blog later with more pictures still to post.

I still didn't manage to do the steps to the abbey , never mind next time eh. Great to see many old freinds and make new one's.

A big thanks to all that made it one of the best weekends souling I have had this year , and now that the FREE STYLE area is in full swing I do hope it is a feature that is going to stay . I can see this area going from strength to strength each year. How lovely it is to share in other peoples record collections (and collections can be so initimate ) Also to hear things that don't generally get played at these events because demand is greater for faster music.

Also there is a lot of middle ground records that escape the floor because their tempo may be a little different to what is the norm , they are not expensive records , and they are dancable, they sound so fresh on the ear , but less known perhaps to the mass. It was really great that these records had an audience that was well overdue IMHO.

I loved seeing Soul Sam in full freestyle , he was a joy to watch. And I thought Julie had the best microphone skills I have ever heard , she sounded so natural. I know Nige loved doing the free style room in addition to the northern room. Lovely to meet other collectors and be surprised many times over at hearing things I didn't know.

Great to see many LP only tracks hit the decks of whichI loved the Tamiko Jones version of "123 ", also Sams play "Somethings on my mind "? I think it was TSD ? now that was superb for me, top tune of the weekend.

Superb experience ! Can't wait for next year now.

Thanks to all who continue to make Whitby a suberb weekend away.

A very good crowd, full of knowledge, passion and 'in the know'.

Have a nice Summer and hopefully see you somewhere soon.

Just back

What a fantastic weekend :thumbsup::yes:

'Big Bad' Kev:lol: & 'Snow White':thumbsup: (for whom the wedding bells toll) did it again - delivered the original Yorkshire Soul Weekender with style & quality

Inspirational, cross over rarity spot from Mick H downstairs on Friday night - one of those you'll never forget - simply amazing , jaw dropping tunes from start to finish.

Soul Sam in the freestyle 'market place' - 'the 3rd room' was magnificent from start to finish, the debut of his new discovery , a 7ts funk track had the place buzzin' ( he's promised to play it again at the York charity all dayer next Saturday - see my avatar) as did his unreleased Spencer Wiggins and Paramount Four acetates.

Commercial motown is not my forte so was knocked out by Westys (from Goole)`rare motown freestyle spot (hope he posts his play list). Andy Hudson played some very very tunes , including Gil Scott Heron 'Lady Day and John Coltrane' and R L Burnside . Sean Chapman's mod n Latin spot was so refreshing and Nige Brown & Carman certainly dug deep with some of the more interesting rarer tunes - a collectors delight, nice one. Indeed every single 'freestyle' DJ made these sessions work so well

Elsewhere caught Colin Curtis outstanding, innovative and progressive modern spot downstairs and his Mecca memories upstairs in the main ballroom . Managed to catch bits of Sean Chapman's , Snowy's , John Poole's , Eddy Edmundson' , Nige Brown' , Dave Evison's , Gingers and Soul Sam's main room, floor filling sets ( another magic moment from Sam playing Scott K ''I love the music' ) not forgetting the highly entertaining battle of the decks with Kev Roberts representing Wigan & Soul Sam, Cleethorpes - overall what a main room line up !!

Nice soulful house downstairs, as always, from Steve Woomble - in fact I've never seen the modern/crossover room so full and vibrant - so many not venturing anywhere else and clearly the highlight of the weekend for them.

Didn't hear hardly a duplicate tune all weekend , apart from R L Burnside 'Its bad you know' which I heard twice in the freestyle marketplace (and that's not a complaint ) , and even got requested in the main room !.

What was noticeable to me is how Whitby has evolved from a predominately Yorkshire & East Midland event in so far as attendees in the early days , to now a Weekender of choice from all parts of the UK , with so many snappy dressers, a new informed younger generation , cool mods and every one having a `fantastic time.

Great company throughout - entertained by 'Spot' , good to see 1st timers from York, the YKSoul , the Riley Smith Hall crowd and the chance to catch up with so many of our friends who make the annual pilgrimage the glorious and soulful Whitby

Roll on 2011 and the 10th Anniversary :lol:

Finally the great Whitby fish n chips debate , 'Magpie' -very good - its got the reputation and where the tourists go . 'Royals' in Baxtergate is where the locals go . Usually go to the latter , but tried the Magpie as well this time and came to the conclusion that between them you've got two of the best in the UK - freshly caught fish cooked in beef drippin

Edited by andybellwood

Just back

What a fantastic weekend :thumbsup::yes:

'Big Bad' Kev:lol: & 'Snow White':thumbsup: (for whom the wedding bells toll) did it again - delivered the original Yorkshire Soul Weekender with style & quality

Inspirational, cross over rarity spot from Mick H downstairs on Friday night - one of those you'll never forget - simply amazing , jaw dropping tunes from start to finish.

Soul Sam in the freestyle 'market place' - 'the 3rd room' was magnificent from start to finish, the debut of his new discovery , a 7ts funk track had the place buzzin' ( he's promised to play it again at the York charity all dayer next Saturday - see my avatar) as did his unreleased Spencer Wiggins and Paramount Four acetates.

Commercial motown is not my forte so was knocked out by Westys (from Goole)`rare motown freestyle spot (hope he posts his play list). Andy Hudson played some very very tunes , including Gil Scott Heron 'Lady Day and John Coltrane' and R L Burnside . Sean Chapman's mod n Latin spot was so refreshing and Nige Brown & Carman certainly dug deep with some of the more interesting rarer tunes - a collectors delight, nice one. Indeed every single 'freestyle' DJ made these sessions work so well

Elsewhere caught Colin Curtis outstanding, innovative and progressive modern spot downstairs and his Mecca memories upstairs in the main ballroom . Managed to catch bits of Sean Chapman's , Snowy's , John Poole's , Eddy Edmundson' , Nige Brown' , Dave Evison's , Gingers and Soul Sam's main room, floor filling sets ( another magic moment from Sam playing Scott K ''I love the music' ) not forgetting the highly entertaining battle of the decks with Kev Roberts representing Wigan & Soul Sam, Cleethorpes - overall what a main room line up !!

Nice soulful house downstairs, as always, from Steve Woomble - in fact I've never seen the modern/crossover room so full and vibrant - so many not venturing anywhere else and clearly the highlight of the weekend for them.

Didn't hear hardly a duplicate tune all weekend , apart from R L Burnside 'Its bad you know' which I heard twice in the freestyle marketplace (and that's not a complaint ) , and even got requested in the main room !.

What was noticeable to me is how Whitby has evolved from a predominately Yorkshire & East Midland event in so far as attendees in the early days , to now a Weekender of choice from all parts of the UK , with so many snappy dressers, a new informed younger generation , cool mods and every one having a `fantastic time.

Great company throughout - entertained by 'Spot' , good to see 1st timers from York, the YKSoul , the Riley Smith Hall crowd and the chance to catch up with so many of our friends who make the annual pilgrimage the glorious and soulful Whitby

Roll on 2011 and the 10th Anniversary :lol:

Finally the great Whitby fish n chips debate , 'Magpie' -very good - its got the reputation and where the tourists go . 'Royals' in Baxtergate is where the locals go . Usually go to the latter , but tried the Magpie as well this time and came to the conclusion that between them you've got two of the best in the UK - freshly caught fish cooked in beef drippin

a couple of whitby magic moments......

Sam Evans handing out DJin advice - twin decks are made for women as they can multi task

John Manship ' if you uncovered those (c/u) records they'd sound better'

Well, what a pleasant surprise this weekender turned out to be. Karen and I were invited by Pete and Liz who'd won some spare tickets at Blackpool and we'd been recommended to go by friends of ours who go every year. Wasn't expecting to write a review of this weekender as I knew it leant more on the oldies side of things and I have to admit my expectations were not not high so I spent most time in the Freestyle room - but was knocked out by the quality of the sounds being spun. My favourite spot of the weekender has to go to Carmen who played one of the best spots I've heard in ages - real quality soul followed closely by Soul Sam who really pulled out the stops. Ventured into the main room a few times to be comfronted by over 1000 hot and happy dancers who just wanted to dance (didn't know many at the do but everyone there just seem to want to boogie all night). Sold a few tunes so I was also hot and happy by the end of weekend. :thumbup:

What really made this whole weekend special was Whitby itself - what a fabulous, fabulous place. it's quaint, historic, beautiful and friendly. Got to be one of the best towns we've visited in the UK and we're definitely going back and probably the best location of any soul weekender we've been to. Never thought I'd say this but if you (like me) have been a bit sniffy about the Whitby weekend I'd recommend you go. You'll love it.

That about sums it up Warren! For me, it's a weekender where the town it's in is actually more of a reason to go than the soul do itself. Fantastic Yorkshire hospitality....if you find a miserable Landlady in Whitby, I'll be very surprised, beautiful scenery every which way you look and throw in the fabulous weather we had as well as great fish and chips and you can't go wrong.

The venue itself has an excellent dance floor and I enjoyed the sessions later on Saturday night where a few less obvious tunes were played by Sean Chapman. Oldies fest..yes, but no cheesier than Cleethorpes which people rave about.

Guest soulmaguk

Just a note to say many thanks to Kev and Sean for inviting me to play in the square free styling my recs on Sunday. This was the hardest and challenging room I've had to DJ yet, with knowledge and taste in Soul music running deep. Introduced by Kev as Jock Mitchell from Detroit, for those who know me that's my real name (and not George Anderson he's an Aka), also strangely enough my grandfather joined the workforce in Detroit at the Ford Motor Company in the 20s. Anyway, my set was 7.15pm - 8.15pm if you hadn't already gone for tea. I was feeling pretty ropey after two 5.00am finish dancing frenzies the Friday & Saturday, so were a few folk. So after a shaky first few recs I just tried to mix it in with what was going on with stalls packing up. Overall it was very rewarding getting to air a few of my un-documented 45s, after, I decided to play 5 or so classic last recs for the last tunes on the square, 10 to 15 dancers showed their appreciation now some space had been created. After the very last rec The Isley Brothers - My Love Is Your Love (Forever) I was applauded and then taken by surprise by one young man who went on to tell me that this was the very first time he had ever danced to a Northern Soul record. If he is reading this, the first time for me was at the Wigan Casino to R. Dean Taylor - There's A Ghost In My House.

Warmest Regards

Jock Mitchell.

Guest hurryup

That about sums it up Warren! For me, it's a weekender where the town it's in is actually more of a reason to go than the soul do itself. Fantastic Yorkshire hospitality....if you find a miserable Landlady in Whitby, I'll be very surprised, beautiful scenery every which way you look and throw in the fabulous weather we had as well as great fish and chips and you can't go wrong.

The venue itself has an excellent dance floor and I enjoyed the sessions later on Saturday night where a few less obvious tunes were played by Sean Chapman. Oldies fest..yes, but no cheesier than Cleethorpes which people rave about.

I totally agree with that statement.

I'm afraid this venue just doesn't "do it" for me - hand-baggers out-number the soulies and especially now that there's a much better venue just down the coast the week before :thumbup:

Had a brill time in the local pubs, next time I'l stay there and save myself £30 :hatsoff2:

I'm afraid this venue just doesn't "do it" for me - hand-baggers out-number the soulies and especially now that there's a much better venue just down the coast the week before :thumbup:

Had a brill time in the local pubs, next time I'l stay there and save myself £30 :hatsoff2:

I am glad you had a great time in the local pubs at least your journey wasn't wasted. I just wish people would stop comparing Whitby with Bridlington , it always seems to happen when a thread is about WHITBY , yet I never see anyone try and say anything bad against Bridlington in the Bridlington thread, why would anyone want to I ask myself ? is it a sign of insecurity that people make these remarks or just plain nastyness.

I really just don't get it ? It seems to me Bridlington has its own healthy following so why is it such a great concern to try and convert others to join its yearly gathering ? Sounds a little bit fishy if you don't mind my saying . Are you not content with 3000 people filling the floor the week before ?

There is no getting away form the fact the the venue at Brid is much better than Whitby , its brand new for goodness sake no contest but then Whitby can offer charm in its locality which I regret to say Brid lacks.....its horses for courses and each person will have their own priorities and preferences.

I never saw any hand bagger types ? Where did that come from ? And if there were what you call these types and each to his her own I say , what does it matter as long as everyone has PEACE and harmony it didn't detract from the variety of sounds that were available to everyone this weekend thats for sure.

I know everyone is entitled to their opion , but to be frank i find yours a bit biased to say the least.

Why did you even bother going?

I really do hate this bickering it tarnishes the scene in my view and needs stamping out .

Edited by Carms
Guest peter burke

Bit naughty.

I by no means see eye to eye with the Golden 101 but maybe you've got it right there and you would be better off staying in the pub.

The obvious variety of styles, genres whatever you want to call it, catered for would defy anyone labelling it a predominently hand-baggers event.

Oh and I didn't go by the way.

Pete

Edited by peter burke

Hats off to Kev & Bill for pulling it off yet again! :thumbup:

This weekender is developing into something really very special and has increased in quality every year for me. There now seems to be a much friendlier vibe all round, and it was very encouraging to see a lot of new faces.

There was some real quality played all round in the 'freestyling' area, without that dance-floor pressure.... A great addition to the menu!

Got to mention Colin's Mecca set in the main room on Saturday night... It was just magical and definitely 'right place, right time'.

Big thanks to those who helped to make the modern room buzz. It's a big bugger of a room to play, but I think we just about pulled it off..... :hatsoff2:

Anyway, I'd had a well-busy week of stress at work and needed a lift.. And what with the all-round fantastic-ness of the beautiful and unbeatable setting of Whitby, the great tunes heard in all rooms, the friendship and smiling faces... Well, for me it was simply the perfect antidote.

Roll on next year!

Guest Soul On A Stick

ABSOULTY SUPERB

This is the 10th Whitby weekender I have attended, this being the 8th one in July plus 2 October ones.:hatsoff2:

Well organised and nothing was too much trouble, the organisers sure helped me a lot. What an atmosphere in the main room upstairs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I would say that the Whitby weekender is going from strength to strength and this weekend was spot on.

The added bonus this year being guest DJs playing in the market place area as Kev calls it. A cracking idea that one.:thumbup:

Highlights of the weekend for me were DJ spots from Andy Bellwood, Richard Cryer, and Ginger Taylor. Westy also did a cracking spot in the marketplace.

I for sure would recommend this weekender to anyone.

Bad points

NONE.

Regards to you all

Paul

Edited by Soul On A Stick

I am glad you had a great time in the local pubs at least your journey wasn't wasted. I just wish people would stop comparing Whitby with Bridlington , it always seems to happen when a thread is about WHITBY , yet I never see anyone try and say anything bad against Bridlington in the Bridlington thread, why would anyone want to I ask myself ? is it a sign of insecurity that people make these remarks or just plain nastyness.

I really just don't get it ? It seems to me Bridlington has its own healthy following so why is it such a great concern to try and convert others to join its yearly gathering ? Sounds a little bit fishy if you don't mind my saying . Are you not content with 3000 people filling the floor the week before ?

There is no getting away form the fact the the venue at Brid is much better than Whitby , its brand new for goodness sake no contest but then Whitby can offer charm in its locality which I regret to say Brid lacks.....its horses for courses and each person will have their own priorities and preferences.

I never saw any hand bagger types ? Where did that come from ? And if there were what you call these types and each to his her own I say , what does it matter as long as everyone has PEACE and harmony it didn't detract from the variety of sounds that were available to everyone this weekend thats for sure.

I know everyone is entitled to their opion , but to be frank i find yours a bit biased to say the least.

I really do hate this bickering it tarnishes the scene in my view and needs stamping out .

Carmen.....Don't waste your breath hun. If we put Stevie Wonder, The Salvadors and Yvonne Baker on at Whitby for a Fiver,Hurryup(Margaret Hey) would be complaining. :thumbup:

She's just insulted many of her friends and fellow Yorkshire folk who go to Whitby.

Good to see Yocky thoroughly enjoying himself along with the rest of us. A pleasure to see many fabulous people and not a handbag in sight. :hatsoff2:

Look forward to seeing everyone next year(July 1-3)

Best Wishes- Kev and Bill(Snowy) on behalf of the 9th Whitby Soul Weekend.

Guest hurryup

I really just don't get it ? It seems to me Bridlington has its own healthy following so why is it such a  great concern to try and convert others to join its yearly gathering ?  Sounds a little bit fishy if you don't mind my saying . Are you not content with 3000 people filling the floor the week before ?

There is no getting away form the fact the the venue at Brid is much better than Whitby , its brand new for goodness sake no contest  but then Whitby can offer charm in its locality which I regret to say Brid lacks.....its horses for courses and each person will have their own priorities and preferences.

I never saw any hand bagger types ? Where did that come from ? And if there were what you call these types and each to his her own I say , what does it matter as long as everyone has PEACE and harmony  it didn't detract from the variety of sounds that were available to everyone this weekend thats for sure.

I really do  hate this bickering it tarnishes the scene in my view and needs stamping out .

Insecurity? Nastiness? What's "fishy" about the fact that I merely stated my thoughts on the weekender which I am perfectly entitled to do.

I think you're the one who's bickering with the statements you've made. So sorry, I don't need to defend my opinion as this is an open forum!!!

Perhaps we should end the conversation here???

Guest hurryup

Carmen.....Don't waste your breath hun. If we put Stevie Wonder, The Salvadors and Yvonne Baker on at Whitby for a Fiver,Hurryup(Margaret Hey) would be complaining. :thumbup:

She's just insulted many of her friends and fellow Yorkshire folk who go to Whitby.

Good to see Yocky thoroughly enjoying himself along with the rest of us. A pleasure to see many fabulous people and not a handbag in sight. :hatsoff2:

Look forward to seeing everyone next year(July 1-3)

Best Wishes- Kev and Bill(Snowy) on behalf of the 9th Whitby Soul Weekend.

After all the years you've been in this busniess (something that you usually bang on about), I would have thought you'd have learnt one or lessons by now.

In my post, I have not insulted anyone, least of all my friends. I merely stated that Whitby doesn't "do it for me."

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but unfortunately you don't like anyone who doesn't think you're venues are the best thing since sliced bread. Obviously a lot of people do enjoy them, but, I for one, didn't enjoy this years - ok?

And by the way, I'd be very happy to pay £30 to see the above artisits but I wouldn't want to part with £5 to go back to Whitby.

You want to get personnal, I can oblige!!

Guest Phil Armstrong

Hi,

I thought John Poole's spot Saturday afternoon was imense virtually 100mph stompers all the way.

Phil