Rugby Allnighter 13Th Feb

Guest Bearsy

Fooking awsome in every way :thumbup:

well done to Sian, Dean and all your little helpers and heres to the next 7 years :hatsoff2:

more from me later as only just got home :wacko:

thanks everyone for a top night

Bearsy & Marie

• Replies 108
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Mrs Simsy

well done to Sian, Dean and all your little helpers and heres to the next 7 years hatsoff2.gif

more from me later as only just got home wacko.gif

Bearsy & Marie

Aye!:D

The night for me personally was a little up & down but thats no reflection on the great DJs, the corking atmosphere and the packed rooms of friendly faces...i think it just really hit me about Margie Rimmer & it took me a while to find my rhythm but come 2am i was there!:thumbup::lol:

Had some great chats with people last night, with Webby on the great threads that will be started when he's doing his silence to raise money for Birmingham childrens hospital, with Theresa & some of the fellow SSLAAS about breasts (:lol:) and with Johnny Fingers & friends when they rescued me!:D I was giving Denise a lift home...or attempting to but my lovely little reliable car just wouldn't start, it was there after a jump!:wicked::lol:

Rugby for me is a spritual home & i never fail to have a great night there!:thumbup:

Thanks to Sian, Dean, Lian, Kenny & co for the hard work!:)

P.S Sian, i forgot to take flyers for the next one with me!ph34r.gif Do you wanna post me some?

Well i had a fantastic nite, nice to meet webby at last, Fook me he can talk how will he beable to do a silece, but he had lost his voice this morning, great to meet Clare-s & issis & tosspot & many more peeps,Di & Harry Steve & sharon who ive not seen for a few yrs i just thoroughly enjoyed every moment thanks to sian & Dean, & everyone who made it possible xx

Lost 10lb overnight (despite broken foot), always the sign of a good night! Hey Melv, did I lose more than you? laugh.gif Particularly enjoyed the freestyle room this time, Stu Cheetham did two great spots, and Steve Csordas played stomper after stomper. Always enjoy the variety from Soul Sam, and his stints in the main room were no exception. A very social evening, as always at Rugby.

Justin

Guest happydancers

First timers ! loved it, lovely people nice to meet webby after hearing so much about him. Great DJ s will defo come again , great night and thanks Claire for driving x x x

well done to Sian, Dean and all your little helpers and heres to the next 7 years :hatsoff2:

more from me later as only just got home :wacko:

Bearsy & Marie

Was a fantastic nite, you've said it all Bearsy! Particular thanks to Sian for letting me have a go in the freestyle room....It was an honour. If you're interested plaaylist below.

Playlist 1 (8.50-10pm) Playlist 2 (1-2am)

Jackie Beavers - Lover come back Rudy Love - Suffering wrath

Jerri Jackson - I can almost believe Sundays Child - What are you thinking

Anna Raye - Will you love my child Shades of love - Such good friends

Rhetta Hughes - You're doing it with her etc Eric Lomax - Seven the loser

Bonnie Blanchard - You're the only one Winstons - Ain't nothing like a little lovin'

Chuck Jackson- Take off yr make-up Betty Everett - I got a claim on you

Randy Brown - Always in the mood Gloria Grey - Its a sweet world

Frank Hutson - Old man me Marion James - Thats my man

Richard Brown - Don't listen to the grapevine Vipers - Little Miss Sweetness

Sherrell Bros - Thats the price Johhny Mccall - I need you

Archie Bell - You're such a beautiful child Johnny Davis - You got to crawl to me

Essence - Black reflections Argie and the Arkettes - You're the guy etc

Talmadge Armstrong - Give it up Buddy Ace - Pleasing you

Reggie Soul - My world of ecstasy Districts - One lover

Jo Armstead - There's not to many more (left like him) Jades - I know the feelin

Spyder Turner - I've been waitin' Re-vels - I want a new love

Rhonda Davis - Can you remember Mark V Unlimited - Gone

Sebastian Williams - Get yr point over Ron Surrey - Sweet city woman

Willey Willey - just be glad Exceptions - Baby you know I need you

Esquires - State fair Donald Lee Richardson - You got me in the palm of yr hand

Gerri Shivers - Lets try it again Oscar Weathers - Just to prove I love you

Freddie Terrell - You had it made

Herman Griffin and boys in the band - Are you for me or against me

Neil Reed - If by chance

First time for me and was very pleasantly surprised. Much bigger than I thought it would be (like a Crossfire event with a main hall and side room) and very friendly to boot. Due to other dj duties, didn't get there till after 1 and spent the first hour and a half in the record room. Trying to cut back on the spending at the mo but have to admit was severely tempted by a couple of tunes. Met Adam (and resisted his poetic reasoning for buying some of his tunes) - what a nice bloke.

Bumped into too many to mention and nice to meet Theresa, at last and hope Nilkki rethinks her strategy for next month's Boogaloosoul (bit of an in-joke there) :yes: Took me two hours to get home but bet I got there before Denise who I left in Kylee's car surrounded by battery cables.

Enjoyed the main room. Great selection of rare and classic - something for everyone. Spent most of the rest of the night in the Freestyle room, tho. Thought it was excellent - real 'want listheaven. All in all I thought it was an excellent way to spend a Saturday night having your cherries popped. Well done folks - when's the next one?

Was a fantastic nite, you've said it all Bearsy! Particular thanks to Sian for letting me have a go in the freestyle room....It was an honour. If you're interested plaaylist below.

Bonnie Blanchard - You're the only one Winstons - Ain't nothing like a little lovin'

Archie Bell - You're such a beautiful child Johnny Davis - You got to crawl to me

Jo Armstead - There's not to many more (left like him) Jades - I know the feelin

Neil Reed - If by chance

Supposed to be two columns. Sleep deprivation!

Well i had a fantastic night as usual...got there a lot later than i wanted..but that didnt detract at all from the night...coz the atmosphere...was buzzing....although it was a bit bittersweet because...i knew Rugby ..was Margie's fave nighter..and this first one ..was gonna be a bit difficult....think we did very well in memory ...particularly ...when a record was played in her memory...and practically all of us SSLAAS members there....danced to it....that so touched me.....was really great to see soo many friendly faces there...but that is what Rugby is all about.....a very friendly niter.....very welcoming.......Toby...found the cola cubes so i think i forgot to give Theresa...her cinder toffee....sorry considering she gave me a load of clothes and champagne truffles!!!!!!!...oops.....good to see Di and Harry Crosby...Sharon O D.....StevieG and Donna.....Kev Newry.....meeting Webbydublin in the flesh...ClaireS....Isis..and the usual rebrobates...roll on the next one...and the CD isnt half bad either!!!!!....Delxxxxxx

Got there at 2.00 am. Raced over after finishing my set at Oxford. Still managed to get in four quality hours of music. Throughly enjoyed myself! Nice to see the dance floor packed to the last record, even when the lights were on. Was stood next to Toby at the end of the night, he turned round to me and said, shame that's over, I could do with another eight hours of that. Says it all really!

Well done Sian, Dean and Co.

Charlie Mc

(next Banbury Soul Club

6th March, Guest DJ, Johnny Fingers.)

A very worthwhile 500 mile round trip for me and di, with the added bonus of picking my dear old friend nogger up on the way, we enjoyed every minute of the night. Its been a year since my last visit and i raved about it then, of course the music in both rooms was top notch, BEARSY & STEVE CSORDAS in the freestyle room AWSOME LADShatsoff2.gif It was woth every mile of our journey lovely people, great atmosphere, GREAT STUFF SIAN & DEANthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif REGARDS H & DI [ANTON-MAD AS A FROGlaugh.giflaugh.gif ]

Neil Reed - If by chance

Spent most of the night in the freestyle room.Top sounds and folk in attendance.Missed the Frank Hutson!,but remember Shades of Love,Oscar Weathers,Argie & Arkettes,MarkV Unlimited all getting good receptions.Johnny Davis even got a ripple of applause.

But Tigger you were'nt the only good turn on:D - oh no.ALL the dj's did the biz.!!!thumbsup.gif .

Kept dipping into the main room for Sam,Mick (the wheels have come off) H,Phil Shields and the rest.

Nice to meet up with a few SS's - Theresa and Justin,Claire S,Kev Newry and of course Webby (my money's safe i tell ya :laugh: ).Johnny Fingers on fine form,and last but not least Gilly and Nicola......Kev.thumbsup.gif

Bitter sweet night as Kylee's already said, but think we did the lovely lady proud............:yes: Dave was there in spirit, actually every 5 mins by text, I wonder who'll be the first to tell him about sian's mistake on the DJ list :shhh:

Managed to last til the end of the night, without the several offers of helping hands with the vic:rolleyes: but at least my 'rotten cold' managed to get me some sympathy off Kenny, he kept telling me to get back in the warm......even Sian almost looked concerned :thumbup: probably thinking she'd end up on the door more like:whistling:

As always, over far too soon..........will have to turn it into a weekender.....officially soon.......mind you, the Irish already think it is one:lol::lol::lol:

A superb anniversary.

Well done to all.:thumbup:

As usual I was room hopping and the music didn't disappoint in either.

The new sound engineer up the ladder at the start of the evening was amusing as well - aka Sian.

Also have to say the CD has some great tracks on it.

And always good to put faces to Soul Source names.

Thanks to everyone for a great night and can we do it all again in April?

A superb anniversary.

Well done to all.thumbup.gif

The new sound engineer up the ladder at the start of the evening was amusing as well - aka Sian.

Also have to say the CD has some great tracks on it.

And always good to put faces to Soul Source names.

Thanks to everyone for a great night and can we do it all again in April?

Tabs every time i found you loitering outside the ladies toilets, begging us all to pull youre cracker, ohmy.giflaugh.gif ,

Top night, really well attended, but and its a big but that i feel needs to be said.

This night could and should have been so much better. My problem and its only a personal issue and not intended to be a snide dig at anyone person, but why stick on a dj at 2am who's taste in music and general play list is as best could be described as being interesting and at worse utter rammell and the sort of stuff reserved for the "other room"

2am at any nighter should be reserved for the crowd pleaser not for the purist obscure 45 collector! you only had to look at the dance floor reaction for this to hold true, in fact there was a guy screaming in between sounds to "play some northern soul!!" and i have to agree with him that this set was NOT northern soul in the true sense of its meaning.

These days there are plenty of venues that cater for this type of sound (Bidds/ Lifeline) to name a couple, but not Rugby.

Now whilst i realise that the days of %100 pure oldies nighters maybe a thing of the past as we are all being told its time to move on as the scene has changed i still adopt the view that this is just bollocks, you only have to look at why Kings Hall is still the best attended and most looked forward to event there is. And its not because its the largest venue as i believe that if its not what people wanted then even a 2000 capacity venue would still remain unattended and die a death, which we all know that is not the case.

Rugby is a good nighter with one of the better venues on offer in todays "compact and quaint" way of thinking towards venues.

Apart from this little issue had a great night but far too much talking going on and not enough dancing.

I know i am not on my own in thinking what i have said, its not a dig at the dj in question as i am sure he is as much into his style of music as we all are to our own preferences, but please when will people get it into their heads that rare unknown does not mean its good or should be played.

How many of the rare and exclusive sounds of Stafford have now become main stream oldies?? i would say about %90 of them and thats because they also had the wow factor along with being dance toons and rare to boot. On the flip how many of todays style of rare and exclusive sounds will have the same status in lets say 5 yrs let alone 20yrs....... very very few.....fact.

Top night, really well attended, but and its a big but that i feel needs to be said.

This night could and should have been so much better. My problem and its only a personal issue and not intended to be a snide dig at anyone person, but why stick on a dj at 2am who's taste in music and general play list is as best could be described as being interesting and at worse utter rammell and the sort of stuff reserved for the "other room"

2am at any nighter should be reserved for the crowd pleaser not for the purist obscure 45 collector! you only had to look at the dance floor reaction for this to hold true, in fact there was a guy screaming in between sounds to "play some northern soul!!" and i have to agree with him that this set was NOT northern soul in the true sense of its meaning.

These days there are plenty of venues that cater for this type of sound (Bidds/ Lifeline) to name a couple, but not Rugby.

Now whilst i realise that the days of %100 pure oldies nighters maybe a thing of the past as we are all being told its time to move on as the scene has changed i still adopt the view that this is just bollocks, you only have to look at why Kings Hall is still the best attended and most looked forward to event there is. And its not because its the largest venue as i believe that if its not what people wanted then even a 2000 capacity venue would still remain unattended and die a death, which we all know that is not the case.

Rugby is a good nighter with one of the better venues on offer in todays "compact and quaint" way of thinking towards venues.

Apart from this little issue had a great night but far too much talking going on and not enough dancing.

I know i am not on my own in thinking what i have said, its not a dig at the dj in question as i am sure he is as much into his style of music as we all are to our own preferences, but please when will people get it into their heads that rare unknown does not mean its good or should be played.

How many of the rare and exclusive sounds of Stafford have now become main stream oldies?? i would say about %90 of them and thats because they also had the wow factor along with being dance toons and rare to boot. On the flip how many of todays style of rare and exclusive sounds will have the same status in lets say 5 yrs let alone 20yrs....... very very few.....fact.

I always look to see what djs are playing on the nite, if i dont like what they play, simples, i dont go, i go somewhere else

, mind you, one set in a hole nite isnt gonna put me of, never been to a do yet where i like every single tunegood.gif

Guest Dr Pickles

What a great night.

Spent most of my time in the Freestyle room as usual, chatting, dancing and listening to some inspired sets.

I thought the whole venue was buzzing but that Freestyle room was on another level.

It's people that create an atmosphere so thanks to everyone. It really was a great night.

See you all on a dance floor soon

Doc

P.S Sian, i forgot to take flyers for the next one with me!ph34r.gif Do you wanna post me some?

I forgot to give any out Kylee but this is just a ploy to get out more often myself...thumbsup.gif

.........will have to turn it into a weekender.....officially soon.......mind you, the Irish already think it is one:lol:laugh.gif:thumbsup:

We're having our unofficial weekender right now...thumbup.gif

I never saw you hopping...whistling.gif

Not ignoring you but will mull this over and respond when my brain is working again.

All comments, negative or positive are welcome and will be taken on board...thumbsup.gif

Blimey ive had my tunes called some things before but not Utter Rammell laugh.gif btw did you venture into the "Other room" whilst this Utter Rammell was being played in the Main room between 2-3 am g.gif

Mine & Happydancers (Gus & Tracey) 1st visit to Rugby & we certainly weren't disappointed...

Think we were 1st through the door as well, that's how keen we were !!... Great cd by the way...

Fantastic venue & very friendly .. Met some lovely people who embraced us & made us feel very welcome Di , Ang b, Theresa, Tabs, Kev H, Kev Newry, Del, Incognito & Sian .. really hope to meet you all again very soon ..& sorry if I forgot anyone ...

& finally to my lovely friend Phil Webb ... it was so great to see you again & have a dance to Joi Cardwell , can't believe they played "Let somebody love you " as well ...

I really hope that you had the best Birthday ever , you certainly looked to be having a fantastic time ... hope you liked you pressie too ....

We will defo be back to Rugby ... even the burgers were yummy!!! ..

Claire xxxx

ps Incognito be gentle with him!!! ....

Edited by Claire S

Anyway after a little sleep and large Pizza and banoffee crumble i just thought i would add a little more to my original post,

What a pleasure to play some tunes in the Other Room with some top blokes and top Djs in Phil, Stu, Dave & Steve, top quality Utter Rammell from us all from start to finish and to have a very busy room all night, thanks to you all for the support and the atmosphere created :thumbup:

great to see so many friends and far too many to name but you know who you are shades special thanks to Clanger and Dr Pickles for your generosity it was much appreciated guys :good:

still in a mess right now and gonna try get some more sleep :sleep3::sleep3:

until next time be good

Bearsy & Marie

Have to say that musically it was one of the better Rugby's. I was priviledged to be spinnin in the freestyle room alongside some of the most passionate DJ'S on the scene who were obviously proud to share their vinyl with a most open minded crowd. Dr Pickles, Mick H, Soul Sam and Phil Shields were on top form in the main room. Many thanks to Sian, Dean and crew for putting on a wonderful niter which I think is commonly known as the "friendly" niter.

Here's my playlist

Freestyle room.

3-4am

Marvin L Sims - Get off my back

Louis Younger - Night chick

Ashford James - Satisfy my soul c/up

Marva Whitney - Daddy don't know about sugar bear

Finley Brown - I can't get no ride

Rudy Love - Suffering Wrath

Sam Baker - I can't turn you loose

Al Green - Let me help you

Bobby Patterson - Don't be so mean

Frankie Seay - All I want is loving you

Rubaiyats - Omar Khayyam

D'Italians - I gotta go

Summits - Sophisticated lady

Ravenettes - Since you been gone

Art Benton - Sweet loving

Billy Hambric - Talk to me baby

David Ruffin - Don't know why I love you

Oliver Norman - Drowning in my own despair

Gloria Taylor - Total disaster

Ambers - I love you baby

Vanguards - The thought of losing your love

Moments - Hurts on me baby

Lori Burton - There is no way

Intensions - Whole lotta soul c/up

Jean Stanback - If ever I needed love

Dynamics - You make me feel good

Guest soul diva

I just had the best time :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks to the South London Massive 'Airline' - for the journey up there and back.....

Such fun with such lovely people and good to meet some new soulies from across the water

look forward to the next one...:yes:

Can't quite believe I danced in heels for over 9 hours - ouch!!!

Debs x

Blimey ive had my tunes called some things before but not Utter Rammell laugh.gif btw did you venture into the "Other room" whilst this Utter Rammell was being played in the Main room between 2-3 am g.gif

Mmm....... I suppose calling it rammell was a bit strong and really did not mean to offend you but you seem to be very young and am guessing you not experianced a rammed nighter all night long playing proper northern soul where a nighter starts at midnight not 9pm and finishes at 8am with the same amount of people that was there at 2am and a packed floor. To be honest i have not either for at least 10yrs but how i would love those nights to return but they never will for many reasons and one is because of the start/finish times these days and for the life of me i cant understand why.

No i did not go into the other room, never been a fan of other rooms, as i see it you could have a dj playing your all time top 30 but for it to work you need atmosphere and to get that you need a few given ingrediants, a large venue which is packed to the rafters. Dont worry about what i say i am just old school that dont like change but it aint all about me is it.

Still had a great night just like i say in my opinion 1am till 4am was and still should be reserved for your top tunes that fill a dance floor whether they be predictable fav's or down right ultra rare they should at least be known...... jesus i been going 27yrs and i dont think i had heard of or knew any of your set. Thats not to say if in time i hear them frequently enough i wont come to appreciate them but if i do it wont be for the same reasons i heard Tony Galla or Brooks Bros. or even the Deadbeats. Although when first played they was classed as newies but you just knew that they also had something special and i just dont hear that in todays new stuff.

Mmm....... I suppose calling it rammell was a bit strong and really did not mean to offend you but you seem to be very young and am guessing you not experianced a rammed nighter all night long playing proper northern soul where a nighter starts at midnight not 9pm and finishes at 8am with the same amount of people that was there at 2am and a packed floor. To be honest i have not either for at least 10yrs but how i would love those nights to return but they never will for many reasons and one is because of the start/finish times these days and for the life of me i cant understand why.

No i did not go into the other room, never been a fan of other rooms, as i see it you could have a dj playing your all time top 30 but for it to work you need atmosphere and to get that you need a few given ingrediants, a large venue which is packed to the rafters. Dont worry about what i say i am just old school that dont like change but it aint all about me is it.

Still had a great night just like i say in my opinion 1am till 4am was and still should be reserved for your top tunes that fill a dance floor whether they be predictable fav's or down right ultra rare they should at least be known...... jesus i been going 27yrs and i dont think i had heard of or knew any of your set. Thats not to say if in time i hear them frequently enough i wont come to appreciate them but if i do it wont be for the same reasons i heard Tony Galla or Brooks Bros. or even the Deadbeats. Although when first played they was classed as newies but you just knew that they also had something special and i just dont hear that in todays new stuff.

Hi Daz,

Bearsy was only on in the 'other' room.

Not the main room.

Understand where you are coming from in as much the 2- 4pm hours need to be banging to keep the atmosphere and dancers going.

That said the time I was in the main hall between 2 and 3 seemed just fine.

Cheers

Tabs

Still had a great night just like i say in my opinion 1am till 4am was and still should be reserved for your top tunes that fill a dance floor whether they be predictable fav's or down right ultra rare they should at least be known...... jesus i been going 27yrs and i dont think i had heard of or knew any of your set.

Hi there.know what you mean about main rooms in general between 1-4am.But everyone to their own,one man's meat etc...

btw are you coming to Rugby next time? Try the freestyle room.

A particularly social anniversary evening at Ruggers last night, with plenty of laughs, dances and Soul Source members out in force. The South London Massive plus South Coast hangers-on thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks to Sian & Dean for impeccable organisation as always, and a great CD. Have posted a few pics up in the gallery. The only sad part of the night was realising how empty the record bar seemed without Dave & Margie Rimmer present :sad:

No surprise in my favourite set of the night which was Adam & Mark Randle's double decking hour. Thanks to Adam for psychically predicting I'd want the Intrepids, thus eliminating the need for me to make any formal requests & thereby possibly gain a reputation as demanding and difficult to please whistling And just to be controversial we were only saying in the car on the way home how much we enjoyed boy wonder Matt Smart's set.

A pleasure as always to see my SSLAAS ladygirls & boys, KevH & the Attic crew, Toby, Spirit, Melv, John from St Ives, Manus, Nicki Bintofsoul, Stu Cheetham & Katie, and top Irish crumpet Kevnewry. Great to meet Incognito, Isis, Joy, Clanger, Claire S, Harpo & Christy from Dublin and Warren Boogaloo. And how nice was it to see Nogger? Well done Di & Harry for organising to bring him. Webby was his usual calm, measured self, seemed to enjoy his birthday celebrations and only got into one fight throughout. Well done that lad.

Best quotes of the night - from Katrina: "Would you like to see my new tits?", and Del's response of "Which one?" when asked whether her love interest was coming along. An honourable mention to Derek for his assertion that half an hour was a reasonable amount of time for a woman to take to get ready for a night out. Plus Julia's retort of "But it takes me an hour and I'm a lesbian!" :laugh:

Thank you for flying Theresa airlines, we are currently cruising at 36000 feet. Expect a crash landing sometime on Hanging Tuesday :tongue:

For 'Clarity's' sake - and for reference.. DJ times below. good.gif

MAIN ROOM

8 - 9 Matt Smart & Kenny Aitchison

9 - 10 Dr Pickles

10 - 11 Phil Shields

11 - 12 Soul Sam

12 - 1 Mick H

1 - 2 Adam & Mark Randle

2 - 3 Matt Smart

3 - 4 Mick H

4 - 5 Soul Sam

5 - 6 Phil Shields

FREESTYLE ROOM

9 - 10 Phil Rains

10 - 11 Bearsy

11 - 12 Dave Abbott

12 - 1 Stu Cheetham

1 - 2 Phil Rains

2 - 3 Bearsy

3 - 4 Steve C

4 - 5 Stu Cheetham

Hi Daz, yes i am young whistling.gif but it wasnt me in the main room i was djn in the other room between 2-3am and all my tunes where uptempo and what i would call known or semi known as i dont do rare and obscure but i agree about the tempo at certain times at a nighter and thats why i went all uptempo in the other room carrying on from the djs before me which all too played uptempo from about 11pm, sometimes its worth having a look in the other room if the main room just aint doing it for you as you might be suprised what you do hear, the atmosphere in the other room was superb and packed nearly all night, we cant like it all but sometimes a change can be good thumbsup.gif

atb

Bearsy

Guest kevnewry

AS ALWAYS ANOTHER FANTASTIC NIGHT,BUT THEN I WOULD'NT EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE AT RUGBY.

MASSIVE HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO DEAN AND SIAN FOR PUTTING UP WITH US FOR THE WHOLE WEEKENDthumbsup.gif

WAS GREAT TO MEET, GILLY,NICOLA, CLANGER,KEV H, AND INCOGNITO AND NIKKI (BINTOFSOUL) ..................................... AND OF COURSE ALL THE REGULARS............... YOU KNOW WHO YOU AREthumbup.gif ..... HOPE THE LONDON MASSIVE GOT HOME OK,BUT IM SURE THEY DID WITH THERESA WORKING AS CABIN CREWlaugh.gif

ALSO CHRIS AND CARLOS.... AND ISIS...HARPO AND CHRISTY OVER FROM DUBLIN AS WELL....... AGAIN BRILLIANT WEEKEND, ONLY DRAWBACK IV'E HAD TO PUT UP WITH WEBBY'S NON STOP VERBALS ALL WEEKENDbiggrin.gifthumbup.gif

AS ALWAYS ANOTHER FANTASTIC NIGHT,BUT THEN I WOULD'NT EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE AT RUGBY.

MASSIVE HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO DEAN AND SIAN FOR PUTTING UP WITH US FOR THE WHOLE WEEKENDthumbsup.gif

WAS GREAT TO MEET, GILLY,NICOLA, CLANGER,KEV H, AND INCOGNITO AND NIKKI (BINTOFSOUL) ..................................... AND OF COURSE ALL THE REGULARS............... YOU KNOW WHO YOU AREthumbup.gif ..... HOPE THE LONDON MASSIVE GOT HOME OK,BUT IM SURE THEY DID WITH THERESA WORKING AS CABIN CREWlaugh.gif

ALSO CHRIS AND CARLOS.... AND ISIS...HARPO AND CHRISTY OVER FROM DUBLIN AS WELL....... AGAIN BRILLIANT WEEKEND, ONLY DRAWBACK IV'E HAD TO PUT UP WITH WEBBY'S NON STOP VERBALS ALL WEEKENDbiggrin.gifthumbup.gif

Good to have met you too,a friend for life. regards Gilly and Nicola

AGAIN BRILLIANT WEEKEND, ONLY DRAWBACK IV'E HAD TO PUT UP WITH WEBBY'S NON STOP VERBALS ALL WEEKENDbiggrin.gifthumbup.gif

Sorry we didn't get to have our chat Kev..

Brilliant anniversary nighter at Rugby. Top class from all of the dj's all night. Place was packed and the dancefloor was busy all night.

Massive thanks to Sian & Dean for the unique party atmos that is the Rugby allnighter. :hatsoff2:

Whey hey..what a night..and what a great venue, Joy & me had a ball (and a couple of decent boogies)

Thanks to Theresa for looking out for us and introducing us to everyone..lovely that, was nice to put faces to names...soul diva, julia, nubes, ang b, djdiva di, kevnewry, tabs, ken and the inimitable webbydublin, esp for the most entertaining discourse at Sians.

Sian & Dean...thank you for putting on a wonderful night, the hours flew past much too quickly, and also for allowing us into your welcoming home while waiting for our trains...great company.

Special mention to phil shields for giving us a lift to the station...greatly appreciated.

WE WILL BE BACK. Carol & Joy.

PS Theresa....loved the outfitpam_narrowweb__300x431,0.jpg

Edited by isis
Guest thenogger

Good day to everybody who went to RUGBY NITER on saturday. It was my first time there

on saturday and i can honestly say (no bulls**t just the truth) what a fantastic night i had.

I must thank " HARRY & DI CROSBY " because without my old mate 'H' i would not have

able to have gone. With being ill for so long i was in two minds weather to go or not, but

i am just glad i went. The hospitality was A1, i could not fault the people i saw old friends

plus the new people i met. I hopefully will come again, it was great THANK YOU RUGBY

until the next time i come again.

REGARDS

thenogger

Guest BintofSoul

It was my first time at Rugby and I had an excellent night with my gorgeous soulie friends Bev & Manusthumbup.gif . I loved the freestyle room and spent most of the evening in there. It was great to catch up fellow Soul Sourcer's Theresa, Justin. Julia, Tabs, Phil Rains, Warran (I do have a strategy and it involves a tape and photographlaugh.gif !), Kylie, Simsy, Bearsy, Maria and meet KevH, Webby and the very lovely Kev Newry for the first time. I'm really looking forward to the next eventyes.gif .

Nicki XXXX

Sian. On behalf of myself n Lou and the Calgary Soulies ( Rob n Jue ) hatsoff2.gif We had a fantastic night could possibly say the best Rugby i ever been. The freestyle room was awesome, even better than when i was on in there whistling.gif didnt know half the tunes that where played in there, Superb. Ventured into the main room a few times and once again pure class thumbup.gif

Webby talks even more than me shhh.gif but it was great to finally meet him and he will never keep quiet unless he,s asleep shades.gif Great to put some more names to faces on here, i even remembered who i was yes.gif Far to many to mention or even remember but big thumbup.gif to Rich n Cat ( mad as nits the pair of em )

Nogger great to see you out and about again. Adam had me again in the record bar yes.gif Dolly on top form managing to rebuff Adams requests. How do you resist g.gif Missed loads of people to chat to. Get you next time tongue.gif

Thanks again Sian and the gang

Steve

First time for me and was very pleasantly surprised. Much bigger than I thought it would be (like a Crossfire event with a main hall and side room) and very friendly to boot. Due to other dj duties, didn't get there till after 1 and spent the first hour and a half in the record room. Trying to cut back on the spending at the mo but have to admit was severely tempted by a couple of tunes. Met Adam (and resisted his poetic reasoning for buying some of his tunes) - what a nice bloke.

Bumped into too many to mention and nice to meet Theresa, at last and hope Nilkki rethinks her strategy for next month's Boogaloosoul (bit of an in-joke there) :lol: Took me two hours to get home but bet I got there before Denise who I left in Kylee's car surrounded by battery cables.

Enjoyed the main room. Great selection of rare and classic - something for everyone. Spent most of the rest of the night in the Freestyle room, tho. Thought it was excellent - real 'want listheaven. All in all I thought it was an excellent way to spend a Saturday night having your cherries popped. Well done folks - when's the next one?

Was great to meet you Warren and thanks very much for the record :thumbup:. Really thought my description of that instrumental I made you listen to as 'a funky, boogaloo 70s, RnB dancer with bit of a disco feel...so it's pure northern soul sort of thing' was guaranteed to get some of my ££s back from you :lol: :lol:

Always enjoy my nights at Rugby and Saturday was no exception........well don't think it was, I ever so slightly (and unintentionally) overdid it....arrived late at 12ish and anything after about 2am is a mystery to me wacko.gif. So apologies to anyone that got either talked to death or instead of any kind of sensible conversation got just a blank glazed over look. All of which means I can't really comment on the posts made earlier regarding the music/DJs in the main room....except to say the only comments I remember from people were very positive especially about the freestyle room, no surprise as the DJ line up in there was superb. Do remember listening to some of Phil Rains' second set and being very impressed (playlist is superb Phil).

Looking forward to the next one in April, going to have a clear head for it.........much easier to think of good heckling insults to yell at those Attic boys with a clear head :thumbsup::D

Guest soul elite

A particularly social anniversary evening at Ruggers last night, with plenty of laughs, dances and Soul Source members out in force. The South London Massive plus South Coast hangers-on thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks to Sian & Dean for impeccable organisation as always, and a great CD. Have posted a few pics up in the gallery. The only sad part of the night was realising how empty the record bar seemed without Dave & Margie Rimmer present sad.gif

No surprise in my favourite set of the night which was Adam & Mark Randle's double decking hour. Thanks to Adam for psychically predicting I'd want the Intrepids, thus eliminating the need for me to make any formal requests & thereby possibly gain a reputation as demanding and difficult to please whistling.gif And just to be controversial we were only saying in the car on the way home how much we enjoyed boy wonder Matt Smart's set.

A pleasure as always to see my SSLAAS ladygirls & boys, KevH & the Attic crew, Toby, Spirit, Melv, John from St Ives, Manus, Nicki Bintofsoul, Stu Cheetham & Katie, and top Irish crumpet Kevnewry. Great to meet Incognito, Isis, Joy, Clanger, Claire S, Harpo & Christy from Dublin and Warren Boogaloo. And how nice was it to see Nogger? Well done Di & Harry for organising to bring him. Webby was his usual calm, measured self, seemed to enjoy his birthday celebrations and only got into one fight throughout. Well done that lad.

Best quotes of the night - from Katrina: "Would you like to see my new tits?", and Del's response of "Which one?" when asked whether her love interest was coming along. An honourable mention to Derek for his assertion that half an hour was a reasonable amount of time for a woman to take to get ready for a night out. Plus Julia's retort of "But it takes me an hour and I'm a lesbian!" laugh.gif

Thank you for flying Theresa airlines, we are currently cruising at 36000 feet. Expect a crash landing sometime on Hanging Tuesday tongue.gif

CHEERS, THANKS FOR THAT!!!

ps they'll will All be wanting to see them now.shhh.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by soul elite

CHEERS, THANKS FOR THAT!!!

ps they'll will All be wanting to see them now.shhh.gifwhistling.gif

laugh.gif ...True, I saw them too but I thought you were quite mean not letting the men see them,

I'm sure they would have been just as appreciative...yes.gif

The weekender's nearly fiished here...sad.gif

I've just took Webby and Kev to the station...in my dressing gown...one up on the time I took Keith Money in my slippers...laugh.gif

Only five of us left now.

Matt Smart's comp is knackered, so I will get him to do his playlist as soon as poss and post it up...thumbsup.gif

Adam had me again in the record bar yes.gif Dolly on top form managing to rebuff Adams requests. How do you resist g.gif

Steve

Ummm, just to clarify Steve's comment above, it is about buying/selling records :thumbup::thumbsup:. Dolly lost eventually as well and went home with less money but with a new 45 :lol: