• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest stazoftod

What an afternoon it just gets better and better. The archive film footage was fantastic. More than 700 people there, John youll soon have to open up another room as this event grows and grows. Enjoy your holiday.

Another fantastic day at the Wheel...thumbup.gif

Usual trip detail for us. Train from York arr Manchester Piccadilly 1230. Straight into the Bull across the road for a lovely Sunday Dinner. Washed down with a few bottles of Newky Brown, then Mega excited 1 minute walk around the corner to queue up at 3pm for what was yet again an "Awesome" day.

Bonus from December, there was lots of bar staff at all three bars and it was appreciated by people we spoke to that we hardly had to wait to be served for the entire 5 hours....hatsoff2.gif For a place that has 700+ soulies there, the staff did a fantastic job...thumbsup.gif Well done and Thank You from The York Crew.

We can't make March, but we will be back in April.

KTF............... Bridgey & Linda....biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest mvb031259

This Club IMHO is without doubt the best Soul club, Bar None!!!..... Every single time i go (Don't miss very often but devestated when i do) you have the most fantastic time and it's a 160 mile round trip for us which i'd walk if i had to...... No polotics in the club, no music policy gripes it's back catalogue only!!, if it's modern your after....forget it it don't happen at the Wheel, just great folk up for a great time dancing to 6T's soul, and to be in the original club is just breath taking..... Pete Roberts with the help of John, Jackie and guests has reserected the most amazing club giving all us punters so much pleasure he should be knighted hatsoff2.gif. Any Soul fan who hasn't been you just gotta go and you'll be back time and time again, 6T's soul at it's very very bestthumbup.gifthumbup.gif. If you want a Wheel fix in the week try Pete's Twisted Wheel radio show every Wednesday 6pm to 8pm radio manchester 106.6 or listen on line @https://www.northmanchesterfm.org/good.gif

Edited by mvb031259
Guest Kazza26

Had a brill day once again

enjoyed the video footage

great company

what more can you ask for on a sunday afternoon & a week off thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

My first time at the Sunday session - brilliant atmosphere and tunes, just wish there was more room on the dance floor!!

was great meeting up with your crowd, fantastic company with more than a few laughs along the way ..... especially dancing in Monroes afterwards to the over 70's karaoke haha!

Thanks for a great day Joyann. Enjoy your week off. Karen xx

Guest kellys99

It was our first visit to the Twisted Wheel (as we are soft Southerners from Southampton) and it was awsome especially guest DJ VJ 'Jos' [Amsterdam Soul Club] and the amazing videos that accompanied each great tune! Will have to start saving again for another trip!

Fantastic - will defo be back!

post-10614-12664325042391_thumb.jpg

post-10614-12664325042391_thumb.jpg

Thanks everybody for a wonderful afternoon last Sunday.

And thanks to Pete & John for giving me the opportunity to do something different. They took a chance with me and I am grateful for that.

It was one of the best DJ experiences of my life, thanks everybody for the nice comments.

Next time I will be on the mike a bit more to ask people not to bring their drinks on the dancefloor.

And it was my fault it was that hot upstairs. My dozens of cases obscured all the aircon switches. Mind you it was hottest in the booth.

Jos (Amsterdam Soul Club)

PS if you liked what you saw (and heard), try to visit us in Amsterdam. We'll have a weekender with a cruise at easter.

www.amsterdamsoulclub.nl

The Wheel is where I cut my teeth on the soulscene, as a Manchester lad I was priveledged to attend the birthplace of Northern Soul (as named by Dave Godin) in my teens including the last all nighter in 1971 with Edwin Starr headlining. It looks like I'm going to have to return for blast from my youth, can't wait!

KTF.

The KiD.

Guest familytree

our first trip to the wheel but certainly not the last... we loved it! great music, smiley happy people wall to wall, what a great place! loved the footage in sinc with the sounds playing... well done all involved for creating such a healthy happy vibe.... save me that shelf to dance on next month :thumbup:

love x

Source Advert