Modern Soul Cd Swap

Wrongcrowd

There's more than a few on here from the darkside, or at least have one foot in there, so I guess that some could be up for modern soul CD exchange...

Anything post 1970, any style.... deep through soulful house, and maybe even some jazz ...any tempo, but let's not make 'em to obvious, some deeper digging would be doing it justice....

Sign up here, and PM me with address details, so's I can compile the darkside swappers.........thumbsup.gif

Just one last thing....please only sign up if you're gonna do the right thing and send your CDs out.....ta.

Social source share

• Replies 162
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

I'm game, have i missed the cut ?, happy to do a full CD with post 1970 tracks taken from my own record collection.

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Thanks to everyone who've joined up on the swap, the response has been outstanding, and all the signs are right for some very tasty CDs.........thumbup.gif

So the gate's now closed with final darkside entrants from Soul SV10, and Brett F, making us a final group number of 22...guys please PM me with your address details...ta...thumbsup.gif

I'll round up all of the addresses and confirm details via PM to everyone by the end of the week.

Yowsah...

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Right i've got my final draft for the cd swap, 24 tracks all vinyl except one cd only track, just started burning the first of the 21 needed, need some gloss paper for cover and listing then i'm ready to go to press, just need those addresses.

Brett

ps.. it is tough, when trying not to be too obvious, you end up thinking ' oh they are bound to know this and that'

but i sort of went down that route, hopefully everyone will find the odd thing they haven't got (know) and enjoy them.

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

I would like to be 2nd reserve if possible,

in case someone gets cold feet realising

that they won´t have time to complete a disc,

I can step in. Please let me know if the opportunity arises.

unsure.gif

Melismo, living on the dark side

+ Or the techy-minded and computer-literate people can post a zipped/RAR-file

for people to download the tracks, thus no need for CD-Rs, stamps or envelopes... +

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Blimey Brett I haven't decided what were going to have for dinner tonight let alone choose the tracks and burn 20 CD's

I'm always early John..always...........thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Just completed a final round-up of swappers and details, and found that I'd mis-counted....whistling.gif . So PhillyDaveG and djmelismo are also in, making a final total of 21.

Only 3 more addresses to collect and I'll have the mailing list out to everyone tomorrow...thumbsup.gif

Thanks Cliff, have PM:ed you my address,

putting it here in the thread too:

Mats Olofsson

Torget 1A

264 32 KLIPPAN

SWEDEN

And just to clarify, I´m DJ Melismo on here, well, it´s the moniker I always use in soul music circles, but as you can see above my real name is Mats :O)

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Ok fellas' , 21 cd's done each a 21 track affair, mainly 70's a few 80/90's plus one from last year, all with sleeve, disc artwork, track listing, label info etc, all ready to post tomorrow.

Keep an eye on the post.

Brett

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

My CDs go out this afternoon as well...

Won't be able to burn the stuff till next weekend, I just moved into a new flat and it's a big mess!:thumbsup:

Will do the selection this weekend and maybe record it during the week!

Looking forward to the cd's!!

Social source share

For many years been buying the same type of FUJI CD-Rs, never had any problems, bought a packet of TDK CD-Rs now and the first disc I burned skips somewhere halfway through. Strange... Maybe have to go to town to buy those FUJI ones after all, since they have never given me any grief in the past.

Any guidelines apart from the obvious - modern soul is mid-70´s and onwards up until brand new releases, I supply tracklisting with year, label and format, and I try to dig a bit deeper and come up with some overlooked gems?!

I suggest people make a tracklisting like

because otherwise it´s hard to find the right track. Was part of another CD swap, was sitting in the car and wanted to play a certain track and it was very complicated because the tracks weren´t numbered so hard to locate.

In case someone happens to supply insufficient postage, especially when there are a few `international´ participants in a CD swap, always a good idea to write "sender" and your address on the backside of the envelope, in case something´s wrong (in some cases the letter may be damaged and the address becomes unintelligible) then the letter will be returned to sender.

My local post office would like me to give as much information as possible, so hopefully I can make out which ones are UK addresses, and they even want me to state whether the letters are supposed to go out to England, Scotland etc.

Best,

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

For many years been buying the same type of FUJI CD-Rs, never had any problems, bought a packet of TDK CD-Rs now and the first disc I burned skips somewhere halfway through. Strange... Maybe have to go to town to buy those FUJI ones after all, since they have never given me any grief in the past.

Any guidelines apart from the obvious - modern soul is mid-70´s and onwards up until brand new releases, I supply tracklisting with year, label and format, and I try to dig a bit deeper and come up with some overlooked gems?!

because otherwise it´s hard to find the right track. Was part of another CD swap, was sitting in the car and wanted to play a certain track and it was very complicated because the tracks weren´t numbered so hard to locate.

In case someone happens to supply insufficient postage, especially when there are a few `international´ participants in a CD swap, always a good idea to write "sender" and your address on the backside of the envelope, in case something´s wrong (in some cases the letter may be damaged and the address becomes unintelligible) then the letter will be returned to sender.

My local post office would like me to give as much information as possible, so hopefully I can make out which ones are UK addresses, and they even want me to state whether the letters are supposed to go out to England, Scotland etc.

Best,

Melismo

i have listed mine 1 2 3 etc and will make sure postage is right when i send them today and enclose address etc

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Best,

Melismo

Hi Melismo, i have individually recorded (over a period of time) some of my vinyl from my deck to a pioneer CD recorder (all on memorex audio/music CDR's) then downloaded them into my laptops itunes (in AAC format 128kb) then burnt to a CDR (with full text, number/ artist /title /label ), i have also printed full information on paper as well. Now this is the tricky bit the final CDR will play in my laptop and also the Pioneer CD recorder separate (plus my Toshiba DVD player), but they will not play in my older Marantz CD player (hi fi separate)...But i have done all my CDR's in recent years the same way and other folks have been able to play them on their own set-up.....Just think any older CD players were not as advanced to cope with plain CDR's........(what's annoying is the Marantz cost me a bloody fortune when i got it, just shows how fast technology moves on ).

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

There's more than a few on here from the darkside, or at least have one foot in there, so I guess that some could be up for modern soul CD exchange...

Anything post 1970, any style.... deep through soulful house, and maybe even some jazz ...any tempo, but let's not make 'em to obvious, some deeper digging would be doing it justice....

Sign up here, and PM me with address details, so's I can compile the darkside swappers.........thumbsup.gif

Just one last thing....please only sign up if you're gonna do the right thing and send your CDs out.....ta.

I'm interested if its still open ?? I pulled a modern selection for the one we just did, but plumed for a sixties CD in the end..

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Cheers guys, glad the CD's arrived safely (and play), i have received Lar's and Rob's so far and both members have incredible taste, thank you fella's, i am eager for the following swaps.

Cheers Brett

Social source share

Enjoyed lars cd last night, some standout tunes on there, love that new year track......

Don't miss lars at the next dab of soul night on April 17th!

Chris

I have Lars' CD playing now.....some very nice tunes, and future bank balance impact...yes.gif

Rob's CD duo arrived yesterday, so I'll be getting into them over the weekend...

Social source share

Cheers guys, glad the CD's arrived safely (and play), i have received Lar's and Rob's so far and both members have incredible taste, thank you fella's, i am eager for the following swaps.

Cheers Brett

Brett, thanks for the Mondo Grosso version of Family mate, I wasn't aware they'd covered that, love it. thumbsup.gif

Roger

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!