Modern Soul Cd Swap

Wrongcrowd

I have so far received five discs from four different people: Lars, Brett, Gary, and the two CDs from Robert (SOULWV10), yes, Robert sent out two discs, a wonderful bonus.

Enjoying these discs, I have listened to all five of them already, couldn´t wait, and I am glad to say that they were all top notch, you´ve set the standards very high gents :smile:

My CDs won´t be ready until the end of the month, but within the timeframe that has been set, unless something very unexpected happens, like me falling from a cliff breaking legs and arms or something similar. It will take some time to select the tracks, burn the CDs, compile tracklist, put addresses and stamps on the envelopes etc. Will let you know when they´re done and/or has actually been sent out - and everytime a new parcel drops on my doormat I will let you know in this thread as to confirm that they´ve arrived safely and also post some comments on the actual tracks if I can find the time.

Once again thanks for the CDs I have received so far!

Cheers,

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

• Replies 162
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Been playing Lars' CD in the car today to and from work, at lot on there I didn't know, not a bad track on it, but Toast 'It's Just An Illusion' and The Reason Why 'Step Into My World' are absolutely outstanding pieces of music. I presume they're 45's, or would they be LP tracks with any any luck (seeing as I don't collect 45's)?

Roger

Social source share

Brett, thanks for the Mondo Grosso version of Family mate, I wasn't aware they'd covered that, love it. thumbsup.gif

Roger

Blimey, I was going to pop some mondo grosso stuff in my CD... thats if you all allow me to get involved in this swap, Wrongcrowd???

Mal.C.

Social source share

Blimey, I was going to pop some mondo grosso stuff in my CD... thats if you all allow me to get involved in this swap, Wrongcrowd???

Mal.C.

Hi Mal, Sorry I missed your earlier post.... where've you been, we had last shouts out for this swap weeks ago...whistling

PM me with your address details and I'll forward to all the swappers.....

Right that's Mal and AJB signed up.....door finally, finally, absolutely closed.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Social source share

Been playing Lars' CD in the car today to and from work, at lot on there I didn't know, not a bad track on it, but Toast 'It's Just An Illusion' and The Reason Why 'Step Into My World' are absolutely outstanding pieces of music. I presume they're 45's, or would they be LP tracks with any any luck (seeing as I don't collect 45's)?

Roger

I've got the Reason Why Roger. Yes, it's a 45 (Polydor), and silly money. Great minds and all that, because the Toast track caught my ear too, loved it.hatsoff2.gif

PS. I'll start working on mine next week, and hopefully have them in the post within 10 days or so.

Edited by phillyDaveG
Social source share

Glad you like my selection, I tried to be as obscure as possible.

The Reason Why is a Willie Hutch production, might be one of the rarest Major label releases, the flipside is fantastic too.

I found my copy for next to nothing in a record store in my hometown Hamburg.

I'm not home for a week and I just got Brett's CD so far, I've listened to it about 5 times now. Great stuff and many unknowns to me, can't wait to get home and check my mailbox for more CDs!

regards, Lars

Social source share

Guest Brett F

The Reason Why is a Willie Hutch production, might be one of the rarest Major label releases, the flipside is fantastic too.

I'm not home for a week and I just got Brett's CD so far, I've listened to it about 5 times now. Great stuff and many unknowns to me, can't wait to get home and check my mailbox for more CDs!

regards, Lars

Hi Lars, good stuff, likewise on your cd mate, brilliant tunes all the way, see you are playing at Chris Andertons night, well i'll have to come across and meet you in person.

Cheers Brett

Social source share

OK, my addy is sent, the tracks already selected, I'm very excited about this one cause I went down the shed and grabbed a hundred or so 12 inchers, which i had not touched in years, I mean a very very long time, anyhow they were all in order, every one a winner just there ready to record..

very excited and Matto Grosso : Star Suit deffo goes in as well..

Mal.C.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

regards, Lars

The Jimmy Jules is superb as well, as are the Taste, Derwin Daniels and Ladee Luv tracks.

And on Brett's CD I'd forgotten how good the Little Anthony cut was as well, that was a serious return to form for him, in fact one of the best things I've ever heard from him.

Good start gents, it has to be said. yes.gif

Should be able to despatch my effort on Monday, all being well.

Roger

Social source share

Hi Lars, good stuff, likewise on your cd mate, brilliant tunes all the way, see you are playing at Chris Andertons night, well i'll have to come across and meet you in person.

Cheers Brett

Would be nice to meet you Brett, I'll get you a pint, when you come around!

I'm not too much into LPs these days and Brett's CD is a proof, how many fabulous songs you miss, when focussing on 45s. Tommy Tate's "I Can't Do Enough For You Baby" for example was new to me and boy what a tune this is! As is the Ray Alexander Technique and I really like the soulful side of J.B.....Keep 'em coming gents

Social source share

Lars,

It's a great double sider, don't really know which one I l like better "Step Into.." or "So Long Letter".

I was going to post it up but its already in refosoul.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/more/soul-library/the-reason-why-so-long-letter

Social source share

Hi Mal, Sorry I missed your earlier post.... where've you been, we had last shouts out for this swap weeks ago...whistling.gif

PM me with your address details and I'll forward to all the swappers.....

Right that's Mal and AJB signed up.....door finally, finally, absolutely closed.....rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

first 3 cds top draw stuff,looking forward to the others , i don't have a address for mal and ajb to send them a cd could you email or pm me please

Social source share

first 3 cds top draw stuff,looking forward to the others , i don't have a address for mal and ajb to send them a cd could you email or pm me please

I am soon done, have written addresses on the 21 envelopes, didn´t know there were more swappers involved.

if the official number is now 23 (hasn´t been confirmed yet I think), that´s no problem for me, just need to have those addresses please.

I´ll await confirmation from Cliff who initiated the CD-swap or Pms from the two bonus swappers smile.gif

Social source share

Having enjoyed the first 5 discs i have really struggled to come up with something i think will pique everyones interest. Still it's in the can as they say and will be sent out next week, hopefully there are one or two items that will induce some chin stroking rolleyes.gif

Cannot express how happy i am listening to the first discs i have recieved, must be at least 75% unknown to me........awesome start everyone.

Edited by EmJayGee
Social source share

Have posted the 21 CDs today, going off in different directions: England, Scotland, Finland, Sweden and Spain.

Would appreciate some sort of confirmation later to verify that the discs have all arrived safely.

I like to have some sort of theme for the CDs I make, and this time I have opted for "blue-eyed soul".

And don´t worry, or rather: listen without prejudice, most or all of these artists sound really "black"...LOL...

Quite simply this is a collection of some my most treasured blue-eyed soul favourites, hope you enjoy folks :smile:

Regards,

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Thanks for the cd's so far. So far I've received 5 cd's and all sounded great. Definately some tunes to ever growing want list.

My cd's will hopefully fly away tomorrow when I got all finished. It was quite a job to burn over 20 cd's but I'm sure it's worth the trouble.

Social source share

Have posted the 21 CDs today, going off in different directions: England, Scotland, Finland, Sweden and Spain.

Would appreciate some sort of confirmation later to verify that the discs have all arrived safely.

I like to have some sort of theme for the CDs I make, and this time I have opted for "blue-eyed soul".

And don´t worry, or rather: listen without prejudice, most or all of these artists sound really "black"...LOL...

Quite simply this is a collection of some my most treasured blue-eyed soul favourites, hope you enjoy folks smile.gif

Regards,

Melismo

just to confirm i have received your cd today safe and sound looking forward to playing it later thumbsup.gif will send you a dvd/mp3 nent week

Social source share

Just a thought if you feel like it. Swappers how about posting up our track listings so we can show the others what they are missing.

Cheers

Pat

PS - Great CD's so far, think this one has all the ingredients of one the best swaps I have been involved in. Of the CD variety of course whistling.gif

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi received Melissimo's ( is this Mats ?) and Ismael Garcia's, still listening through them, very nice tunes and plenty of things i don't know and i am enjoying, plus got Gary Kingston's as well (i don't know who's who on here at times, wish you lot would use your real names:yes:) and that is very good too, Garys is the most upfront modern one i've received and i hardly know any, but it was good and refreshing to hear, very similar to what my old mate Martin Dixon enjoys.

all good up to press fellas'.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

ps Rob Brown, tell me when you are next playing records, because i have to come and listen, some of my all time favourites (and wants) on that Cd.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi received Melissimo's ( is this Mats ?) and Ismael Garcia's, still listening through them, very nice tunes and plenty of things i don't know and i am enjoying, plus got Gary Kingston's as well (i don't know who's who on here at times, wish you lot would use your real namesyes.gif) and that is very good too, Garys is the most upfront modern one i've received and i hardly know any, but it was good and refreshing to hear, very similar to what my old mate Martin Dixon enjoys.

all good up to press fellas'.

Brett,

will speak at Soul Essence, think a few of us in the swap will be there.

Gary

ps. nice to have the Carmelita track on a CD at home now, that ones always been out of my price range.

Edited by Gary Kingston
Social source share

Hi received Melissimo's ( is this Mats ?) and Ismael Garcia's, still listening through them, very nice tunes and plenty of things i don't know

Cheers mate! Yes, my real name is Mats, but in soul music circles I am known as Melismo.

Right now listening to Ismael Garcias´s CD, which arrived the other day, quality from start to finish.

Best,

M

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Gary, I don't think Brett knows who you are on here, can you let him know your real name mate.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif...very funny.......err......soulsorts.............................

Social source share

Cheers mate! Just received the addresses for the two bonus swappers so will send out CDs 22-23 sometime next week.

also now got the last two address so will be posting them this week ,also got Ismael cd now excellent tunes all round on all the cds up to now looking forward to the rest

Social source share

Ok. I've sent them all out today, nothing to rare, so you at least have a chance of finding them if you like one of the tracks.

Sorry, but had no idea there were 2 more people. These will have to wait awhile as I didn't save a copy of the CD on the PC and will have to start from scratch!

Social source share

Sorry, but had no idea there were 2 more people. These will have to wait awhile as I didn't save a copy of the CD on the PC and will have to start from scratch!

Today I posted the two discs for the bonus late addition swappers, Malcolm and Alan.

Do they have OUR addresses as well and do they know that they are now officially part of the swap?

Have my CDs arrived yet, folks? Have received two confirmations so far.

Thanks for all the CDs I have received so far, looking forward to the ones that will arrive within the next week or so.

Cheers,

Melismo (Mats)

Social source share

Today I posted the two discs for the bonus late addition swappers, Malcolm and Alan.

Do they have OUR addresses as well and do they know that they are now officially part of the swap?

Have my CDs arrived yet, folks? Have received two confirmations so far.

Thanks for all the CDs I have received so far, looking forward to the ones that will arrive within the next week or so.

Cheers,

Melismo (Mats)

hi matts yes your cd arrived safe and sound , i will be posting out the last swap tomorrow for malcolm hope every one has received there cds of me by now if not please let me no and i will resend them,top tunes up to now and looking forward to the resthatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Not looking to seem cheap, but with Easter and the potential train strikes next week, I'm convinced that these factors will delay the post. I was wondering how many of the swappers are going to Essence next week? Might be worth taking some up there to exchange?

Cheers,

John

Social source share

Ok. I've sent them all out today, nothing to rare, so you at least have a chance of finding them if you like one of the tracks.

How the fkuc I've lived without Leslie Drayton 'When Will You Be Mine' for all these years, what a TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!ohmy.gifthumbup.gif Top tune out of all the swaps for me so far, fan-fookin'-tastic, surely this would pack a northern soul dancefloor wouldn't it (unless it already does)? Proper awesome piece of feelgood soul music to my ears.

Is that on an LP, Dave? Got to get myself one of these mate, nice one. hatsoff2.gif

Regarding my own CDs, got them all sorted complete with posh cover and everything, put them in my rucksack to take to work to post at lunchtime yesterday and like a twat I knocked a cup of coffee onto my bag and ruined 75% of the covers, so I'll re-do them over the Easter break and get them all out early next week.

Roger

Edited by Soulsorts
Social source share

Not looking to seem cheap, but with Easter and the potential train strikes next week, I'm convinced that these factors will delay the post. I was wondering how many of the swappers are going to Essence next week? Might be worth taking some up there to exchange?

Cheers,

John

Post them ya tight sod !!

Gary

Social source share

now get those stamps stuck on both of ya !

A man with two hobbies Soul music and philately.

So what gives you the bigger buzz, finding a great tune or the sniff of melting solvent as you carefully steam off those elusive stamps........wink.gif

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Hi Mats

Yes Blue Eyed Soul arrived safely in Surrey and is getting lots of plays in the car to and from work. Great stuff mate thumbsup.gif

Just checking you received my EMS Swap CD okay ? (from the other side )

My effort will be going out next week folks.

Hi Pat!

Glad you liked the CD, and YES, your EMS Swap CD arrived safely sometime ago mate - great tunes throughout - thank you!

Looking forward to receiving the disc you´ve put together for the current swap here on Soul-Source :O)

Cheers,

M

Social source share

hi matts yes your cd arrived safe and sound

Hi Rob!

Thanks for confirming, the word "sound" here has a double-meaning when it comes to soul CDs...lol...

Jussi Broberg´s disc has been on heavy rotation in my CD-player since the disc dropped on my doormat

earlier today. Great tunes from Jussi AKA Big Bamboo and classy cover art too!

Cheers,

M

Social source share

How the fkuc I've lived without Leslie Drayton 'When Will You Be Mine' for all these years, what a TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!ohmy.gifthumbup.gif Top tune out of all the swaps for me so far, fan-fookin'-tastic, surely this would pack a northern soul dancefloor wouldn't it (unless it already does)? Proper awesome piece of feelgood soul music to my ears.

Is that on an LP, Dave? Got to get myself one of these mate, nice one. hatsoff2.gif

Regarding my own CDs, got them all sorted complete with posh cover and everything, put them in my rucksack to take to work to post at lunchtime yesterday and like a twat I knocked a cup of coffee onto my bag and ruined 75% of the covers, so I'll re-do them over the Easter break and get them all out early next week.

Roger

Agree it's a top tune Roger, it had some small plays when it first turned up way back, and long overdue for some proper plays... been playing it out myself for a short while to some very positive floors and head nodders....yes.gif

Coffee and CDs should always be kept well apart...though Starbucks often have some nice soulful jazz tunes on their compilations......biggrin.gif

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

Have enjoyed the following CDs during the last few days - the ones from Phillydave Grimes, Cliff Steele, Mark EmJayGee, and Karl Marthon. Great discs all of them, makes me really glad that I entered this CD swap, because those discs are crammed with goodies all of ´em smile.gif

Have received very few confirmations as to whether other swappers have actually received my discs which I sent out a couple of weeks ago?!?!

Look forward to the rest of the CDs, guess they will drop on my doormat anyday next week, since I believe the agreed on last date for the CDs to be sent out was end of March...lol...

Cheers,

Melismo

Social source share

Guys, please bear with me on this swap. I will get them done and out as soon as I can. I have some pretty serious problems in my life at the moment as you will be able to see if you read my post in the Freebasing section.

hi tony no problem with the cd mate ,hope you get all the other stuff sorted out soon. also if any of the others Cd swapers haven't received my disk please let me no and i will resend it

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert