Codfromderby

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

here's a scan of Love Can't Be Modernized off Benji's site....

post-225-1266486280798_thumb.jpg

post-225-1266486280798_thumb.jpg

There's That Mountain is on JM's ROTR but its that small you can hardly see owt! https://www.raresoulm...f-the-rare/T/13

There is a red Soultown one HERE

Here's the Red Soultown copy with the Matrix Mark, not sure which Matrix that is, Unusual.

Soultown_S-716-A_Matrix.gifSoultown_S-716-B_Matrix.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

This has been discussed in depth (almost!) on another thread from last year I think. Me and Pottsy think the Soultown release is a legit copy, mainly because of the stamp (thanks 45cellar) and the different cut of 'LCBM'.

As far as I know, the Soultown issue is a sound legit release. Agree with the points above by Slider.

Cheers,

Greg. :thumbup:

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

whistling.gifwas always lead to believe scratch matrix where boots whether stamp m? or not regards johno any one else on here help!

Yellow Soundville label has a raised H in the dead wax not a raised M as previously mentioned. The boot of the soundville is a exact replica but does'nt have the raised H.

Hope that helps.

Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

whistling.gifwas always lead to believe scratch matrix where boots whether stamp m? or not regards johno any one else on here help!

John.....Beaten to it, but my Soultown copy is as the scans above.......PaulB *(Aka DanDArethumbup.gif )

Social source share

Hi John, I bought a copy of this a few years back from a well known dealer in the states, when it arrived I was certain it was a boot, so I took it round to John Phillips to compare it with his copy as I knew he had an original, and as you say his copy had the number machine stamped in the runout and the copy I had bought had the number scratched into the runout. I returned the record and received a full refund.

Social source share

Were't the red ones re-issues??

Well, I bought the Soultown copy in the 70's, think it was 90p

To buy the Soundville Look-A-Like in the 70's I think was £1

the Soundville Look-A-Likes had a Full Label over a Tri-Center,

The Paper label would have needed to be sliced through with a sharp knife & plastic center & paper removed to make it Large center.

So I bought the Soultown copy &

I thought at the time that both were BOOTs 100%,

However, that stamp is Intriguing & apparently the same as The Sweets,

so the Soultown as a re-issue from Source, I would say is almost certain.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Well, I bought the Soultown copy in the 70's, think it was 90p

To buy the Soundville Look-A-Like in the 70's I think was £1

the Soundville Look-A-Likes had a Full Label over a Tri-Center,

The Paper label would have needed to be sliced through with a sharp knife & plastic center & paper removed to make it Large center.

So I bought the Soultown copy &

I thought at the time that both were BOOTs 100%,

However, that stamp is Intriguing & apparently the same as The Sweets,

so the Soultown as a re-issue from Source, I would say is almost certain.

stamps and all that aside, i,m now confused about the soundville look a likes with a full label, do you mean like a british label ? i,m sure the one i had was styrene with "bubbly" paper label

Social source share

stamps and all that aside, i,m now confused about the soundville look a likes with a full label, do you mean like a british label ? i,m sure the one i had was styrene with "bubbly" paper label

Yes Like a British Label with a Plastic Tri-center like this one under the labels.

Center.jpg

Both sides the center of the Look-A-Like Label could be removed with a Sharp Knife,

Plastic Tri-Center then flipped out

to make a Large Center Disc.

Not sure if all were like this though, but the few that I saw were for some reason.

A little bit like this, but not by using the sticker, Just a full label STUCK over eack side.

DJ_003.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!