Julianb

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Lucky Lucky Me (William Stevenson-Ivy Jo Hunter-Henry Cosby-Sylvia Moy) publ. Jobete

Marvin Gaye; rec 06-Jul-66 ; produced by Ivy Jo Hunter

28-Mar-94; CD: Motown 31453 0292-2 The Very Best Of Marvin Gaye

21-Jun-94; CD (M): Motown 31453 0319-2 Love Starved Heart- Rare And Unreleased

22-Jul-96; CD (M): Spectrum 552 118 2 Early Classics [ UK ]

28-Sep-99; CD (M): Motown 153 868 2 Love Starved Heart - Expanded Edition

Social source share

Guest phillybuster

It came out on a UK 45 TMG1426, but not the original version.It was remixed to bring it up to date.One side Radio edit,the other Pure Soul mix.

Social source share

it did & officially licenced . B side to Jackie Ross 'trust in me' . Fantastic 45 . Sean Chapman has a demo for sale .

Can't see this on Sean's site, Andy. Have you a direct link? thanks.

Social source share

Don't think so. It doesn't sound like him.

I agree but checking on Don't Forget The Motor City there's this info

Jimmy Ruffin; rec 09-Feb-65 ; produced by William Stevenson, Henry Cosby

03-Jun-02; CD (M): UMO 544 619 2 A Cellarful Of Motown [ UK ]

12-Jan-04; CD (S): Motown 981 200 6 Jimmy Ruffin - The Ultimate Motown Collection [ UK ]

Social source share

I agree but checking on Don't Forget The Motor City there's this info

Jimmy Ruffin; rec 09-Feb-65 ; produced by William Stevenson, Henry Cosby

03-Jun-02; CD (M): UMO 544 619 2 A Cellarful Of Motown [ UK ]

12-Jan-04; CD (S): Motown 981 200 6 Jimmy Ruffin - The Ultimate Motown Collection [ UK ]

[/quo

It definitely is not him. As I said it's unreleased. Maybe yet another tune that Motown either hasn't got or refuse to release. Maybe they don't know who it is either?!

Social source share

I'm sure I bought it on a 12" at the same time (mid 90s). Not home for a couple of days but will have a nose then and report back...

Rich

Certainly did Rich. Got the 12" at home, it's the same as the re-mixed 7" which was UK release i think, but has some rather great sounding reggae style mixes on it as a bonus.

The original which has now thankfully been brought out on a legitimate issue by Neil Rushton is spectacular. First heard it on a CD Biff gave me almost 10 years ago. Took me a long time to establish that version was unreleased (shoulda probably just asked Biff and saved myself some bollock ache!!). Did a similar thing with Jackie Ross too but took less time to suss it was unreleased.

Is there any difference between the singles now on general sale compared to the ones delivered with the book does anyone know?

Azza

Social source share

Certainly did Rich. Got the 12" at home, it's the same as the re-mixed 7" which was UK release i think, but has some rather great sounding reggae style mixes on it as a bonus.

The original which has now thankfully been brought out on a legitimate issue by Neil Rushton is spectacular. First heard it on a CD Biff gave me almost 10 years ago. Took me a long time to establish that version was unreleased (shoulda probably just asked Biff and saved myself some bollock ache!!). Did a similar thing with Jackie Ross too but took less time to suss it was unreleased.

Is there any difference between the singles now on general sale compared to the ones delivered with the book does anyone know?

Azza

I think it's the colour, yellow with the book and the white one's on general sale, not sure though?

I have seen a white one advertised as a Demo (1 of 150)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!