Groovesville Soul Club

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A LIMITED CAPACITY EVENT

CAPACITY IS SET AT 160, NO MORE...!!!!

IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING ANY DISTANCE THEN YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SPEAK TO EITHER TOBY (07974 572295) OR MYSELF (07833 798720) TO PUT YOUR NAME ON THE DOOR

IF YOU HAVE NOT PUT YOUR NAME DOWN AND CAPACITY IS REACHED YOU WILL NOT GAIN ENTRY

Very important news.........

Groovesville soul club has moved to a new venue 200 yards down the road to THE GALLERY,in Bedford town centre in the square ...

Our normal venue THE ANGEL has had a few problems of late ie licence issues(more on this later)..

ITS THE SAME DJ LINE UP AS PER FLYERS,THE SAME ENTRY FEE AS PER FLYERS,BUT IN A NEW VENUE "THE GALLERY"

THE PARKING IS NOT A PROBLEM,JUST PARK IN YOUR USUAL PLACE ITS ONLY A 5 MINUTE WALK FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD,AS NOT TO UPSET ANY FURTHER THE LOCAL PLOD & COUNCIL WE ARE CLOSING AT 03.30 AM INSTEAD OF OUR NORMAL 4 AM FINISH(ONLY 1/2 HOUR LESS),BUT STILL THE SAME QUALITY TUNES BY EXCEPTIONAL DJS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT ETC,

WE HAVE MOVED FROM THE ANGEL TO "THE GALLERY"...200 YARDS FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD.

WE ARE SORRY FOR PROBLEMS THIS MAY CAUSE YOU,BUT IT IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.......................

SEE YOU ALL AT GROOVESVILLE SOUL CLUB @ THE GALLERY BEDFORD ON 8 TH MAY..

ANY ISSUES REGARDING PARKING,HOTELS,DIRECTIONS PLEASE PHONE US.

ANDY KEMPSTER 07833 798720 / TOBY 07974572295.

THANKS FOR BEING UNDERSTANDING

TOBY

GROOVESVILLE SOUL CLUB RETURNS TO THE ANGEL IN BEDFORD FOR ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT OF TOP DRAWER UPTEMPO RARE 60s AND 70s SOUL

YOUR GUEST DJs ON THE NIGHT WILL BE

KARL HEARD

TED MASSEY

STEVE CSORDAS

ALONG WITH RESIDENTS

STEVE GUARNORI

MOLLY

CLIFFE STEEL

DR PICKLES

AND AS A SPECIAL TREAT SHORNY AND CHRIS PLAYING SOMETHING SPECIAL FROM THEIR MYSTERY BOX

THE ANGEL MUSIC VENUE

30 THE BROADWAY

BEDFORD

MK40 2TH

8PM TIL 4AM

£6 ON THE DOOR

Edited by Andy Kempster
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy Kempster

GROOVESVILLE SOUL CLUB RETURNS TO THE ANGEL IN BEDFORD FOR ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT OF TOP DRAWER UPTEMPO RARE 60s AND 70s SOUL

YOUR GUEST DJs ON THE NIGHT WILL BE

KARL HEARD

TED MASSEY

STEVE CSORDAS

ALONG WITH RESIDENTS

STEVE GUARNORI

MOLLY

CLIFFE STEEL

DR PICKLES

AND AS A SPECIAL TREAT SHORNY AND CHRIS PLAYING SOMETHING SPECIAL FROM THEIR MYSTERY BOX

THE ANGEL MUSIC VENUE

30 THE BROADWAY

BEDFORD

MK40 2TH

8PM TIL 4AM

£6 ON THE DOOR

Guest Dr Pickles

Now that's what I'm talking about.

If this line up don't have the roof off and sweat running down the walls, I'll eat my hat.

eating-cat-meat.jpg

See you there

Doc

Guest gordon russell

looking forward to some ...kicking vibe music ......cause the last place we went to played rare and boring sets all nightthumbsup.gif

Edited by gordon russell
Guest gordon russell

Told you not to play your tunes Dave, but Jan cooked a nice tea.

Looking forward to Groooovesville tho.

NO IT WAS DEFFO LAST WEEKwink.gif ..............STILL THEY KNOW IT,S STILL A DANCE SCENE AT GROOVESVILLE.....KARL HERD...........COME ON

Guest Andy Kempster

NO IT WAS DEFFO LAST WEEKwink.gif ..............STILL THEY KNOW IT,S STILL A DANCE SCENE AT GROOVESVILLE.....KARL HERD...........COME ON

word on the street (karl and shorny) is they plan to tear the place up for this night....cant wait to see what those boys have in store

hold on to your hats boys and girls.......

Guest gordon russell

great.....cos we wanna dance ALL night long.........not sit around listening to floaty,floaty music whilst waiting for the bingo to start lollaugh.giflaugh.gif

great.....cos we wanna dance ALL night long.........not sit around listening to floaty,floaty music whilst waiting for the bingo to start lollaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hey Tezza, change your event to "Groovesville" then rather than that "wussy" "nowhere left to go" logo you are carrying around with every posting. :thumbsup:

Guest gordon russell

Hey Tezza, change your event to "Groovesville" then rather than that "wussy" "nowhere left to go" logo you are carrying around with every posting. :laugh:

Hey up steve.........l might just do that IF you can prove your kicking set last time was not a fluke lol......and you don,t go back to that floaty sh*te you try and palm us off with :laugh: ..........you know the stuff....super rare and super dreary lol :laugh::laugh: ......see ya on the 8th mate..........

p.s......try and last all night this time..........children of the night and all that:laugh::laugh:thumbsup.gif

Hey up steve.........l might just do that IF you can prove your kicking set last time was not a fluke lol......and you don,t go back to that floaty sh*te you try and palm us off with laugh.gif ..........you know the stuff....super rare and super dreary lol laugh.giflaugh.gif ......see ya on the 8th mate..........

p.s......try and last all night this time..........children of the night and all thatlaugh.giflaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

And there was I going to dedicate Andy Fisher "My heart's beating stronger" especially for you Terry :thumbsup: Followed by Eddie Billups "Ask my heart" :shades:

Anyway on a more serious note got some nice funky edged stuff this time too.

Guest gordon russell

And there was I going to dedicate Andy Fisher "My heart's beating stronger" especially for you Terry laugh.gif Followed by Eddie Billups "Ask my heart" laugh.gif

Anyway on a more serious note got some nice funky edged stuff this time too.

ha ha.......both andy fisher and eddie billups.......are great soulful tunes and l love em both,but a whole set of that kinda stuff...........get the rope outlaugh.gif .......glad you've finally got it mate lol........your spot last time was good and kicking........BUT YOU'LL BE UP AGAINST THE MASTER.....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ....til the 8th....daily practise for youbiggrin.gif

Guest Andy Kempster

seems like we have a bit of healthy contest on to get the place moving, i know shorny and chris have been getting some super tunes together for their set and having spoken to pickles on saturday he is also bang up for it...steve c the same and cliffe so shouldnt be a dull moment all night...cant believe its come around again so soon but seriously pleased it has

Im back and raring to go.........COME ON GROOVESVILLE......

Tezza........you aint been let down yet with our policy of music,and it aint gonna start now,so get your kick arse dancing head on,as you said the master of kick arse sounds is on Mr Karl Heard,

All our DJs give it the best they can,and never let anyone down on the dance floor,our resident DJs are ALL at the top of their game,

All our DJs are CONFIRMED to play out for your musical enjoyment,Karl Heard...Ted Massey...Steve Guarnori....Cliff Steele...Dr Pickles...Steve Csordas...Molly......and by special arrangement we bring you the "Soul Spinners....SHORNY & CHRIS,boy are them two fellas gonna let you lot have it or what...

As you know Groovesville is dark,seedy,just right for a night of quality tunes.

Opening up at 8.00pm thru' till 04.00am,bar open till 04.00am,

DJ times will be posted soon ,once ive got it right(the mix etc).

Toby

Can't make this one due to commitments elsewhere, but that's some DJ line up you guys have got yes.gif. When's the next date, as think it's about time I made a visit :lol:

Guest Sean Haydon

great.....cos we wanna dance ALL night long.........not sit around listening to floaty,floaty music whilst waiting for the bingo to start lol:laugh::laugh:

Terry, if there's any floaty, floaty music played, It wont be out of my box mate. I know what you like and you'm havin it!!

Can't wait!

If anyone fancies a taster, come along this Sunday to:

The Sunday Soul Session

Junction 2 Soul Club

Birchley Sports & Social Club

Brunel Road

Off Newbury Road

Oldbury

West Mids (Near Junction 2 of the M5)

4 til 10pm (i'm on at 8):wink:

Toby's gonna be in attendance to keep a watchful eyeshades

Hope to see you there.

Sean

Can't make this one due to commitments elsewhere, but that's some DJ line up you guys have got :yes:. When's the next date, as think it's about time I made a visit thumbsup.gif

Hi ya,

Our next confirmed dates are..

Saturday August 21st 8.00 - 04.00am Resident DJs Cliff Steele,Steve Guanori,Dr Pickles,

Guest DJs Ezzie Brown,Steve Green,Bob Charnock,the bloke wiv the hat,John Mclurre,Mrs Soul.

Saturday October 23rd 8.00 - 04.00am Resident DJs as per normal.

Guest DJs Andy Dyson,Colin Wood,Cliff Camfield plus one other special treat.

Yes its well worth a visit(wellim biased anyway).

Easy free parking,Cheap bar prices,Great people in attendance,Fantastic tunes,Friendly vibes and me:laugh:

Toby.

Guest MOLLY

Hi ya,

Our next confirmed dates are..

Saturday August 21st 8.00 - 04.00am Resident DJs Cliff Steele,Steve Guanori,Dr Pickles,

Guest DJs Ezzie Brown,Steve Green,Bob Charnock,the bloke wiv the hat,John Mclurre,Mrs Soul.

Saturday October 23rd 8.00 - 04.00am Resident DJs as per normal.

Guest DJs Andy Dyson,Colin Wood,Cliff Camfield plus one other special treat.

Yes its well worth a visit(wellim biased anyway).

Easy free parking,Cheap bar prices,Great people in attendance,Fantastic tunes,Friendly vibes and melaugh.gif

Toby.

Hi Tobes,

Can't come soon enough for me, and the rest of this years dates. Top line up of future guests to wet everyone's appetite, with quality Soul music all round. Bring it on..... thumbup.gif

Best

Molly

Hi Tobes,

Can't come soon enough for me, and the rest of this years dates. Top line up of future guests to wet everyone's appetite, with quality Soul music all round. Bring it on..... :thumbup:

Best

Molly

GOOD ON YA MOLLY,NOT SEEN YOU ABOUT FOR AGES,ARE YOU BOTH WELL ? see ya on the day then yep!!!

Toby.

Guest Andy Kempster

Hi Tobes,

Can't come soon enough for me, and the rest of this years dates. Top line up of future guests to wet everyone's appetite, with quality Soul music all round. Bring it on..... thumbup.gif

Best

Molly

allright there fella, cant wait either, be good to see you and lorraine, its been a while

Edited by Andy Kempster
Guest SteveC

Really good to see you at the 100 Saturday Toby. Thanks for being a small part of my recovery programme :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to this - purchased a couple beat ballads for Terry at the weekend :ohmy: and I look forward to playing them out.

Very important news.........

Groovesville soul club has moved to a new venue 200 yards down the road to THE GALLERY,in Bedford town centre in the square ...

Our normal venue THE ANGEL has had a few problems of late ie licence issues(more on this later)..

ITS THE SAME DJ LINE UP AS PER FLYERS,THE SAME ENTRY FEE AS PER FLYERS,BUT IN A NEW VENUE "THE GALLERY"

THE PARKING IS NOT A PROBLEM,JUST PARK IN YOUR USUAL PLACE ITS ONLY A 5 MINUTE WALK FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD,AS NOT TO UPSET ANY FURTHER THE LOCAL PLOD & COUNCIL WE ARE CLOSING AT 03.30 AM INSTEAD OF OUR NORMAL 4 AM FINISH(ONLY 1/2 HOUR LESS),BUT STILL THE SAME QUALITY TUNES BY EXCEPTIONAL DJS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT ETC,

WE HAVE MOVED FROM THE ANGEL TO "THE GALLERY"...200 YARDS FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD.

WE ARE SORRY FOR PROBLEMS THIS MAY CAUSE YOU,BUT IT IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.......................

SEE YOU ALL AT GROOVESVILLE SOUL CLUB @ THE GALLERY BEDFORD ON 8 TH MAY..

ANY ISSUES REGARDING PARKING,HOTELS,DIRECTIONS PLEASE PHONE US.

ANDY KEMPSTER 07833 798720 / TOBY 07974572295.

THANKS FOR BEING UNDERSTANDING

TOBY

Guest Dr Pickles

The Gallery

1-3 Silver Street

Bedford

MK40 1SY

Toby

The Gallery looks like an even better club.

Could be a blessing is disguise.thumbsup.gif

I've dropped the address and postcode above.

Let me know if I've got the details right.

See you there

Doc

Guest Andy Kempster

The Gallery

1-3 Silver Street

Bedford

MK40 1SY

Toby

See you there

Doc

SPOT ON CHRIS, i WAS JUST ABOUT TO ADD THAT TO THE TOP MESSAGE....GOOD LAD

The Gallery

1-3 Silver Street

Bedford

MK40 1SY

Toby

See you there

Doc

Thanks Chris(Dr Pickles)yes the details are correct,I agreethe Gallery is a much nicer venue,not seedy,not grubby and no unwanted visiters,nice one,as you say Chris this could be our new home,BTW the sound system in this club is top notch.

Toby

Guest Andy Kempster

It's gonna be brilliant wherever you hold it. There's a great Buzz about this night already. Expect a packer lads!thumbup.gif

cheers shorny, really looking forward to what you and chris have up your sleeves

Hi all Groovesville fans........

I thought it was about time i got my scraggy arse moving and sort out the times for SATURDAY 8th MAY

here goes

8.00 - 10.00...Shorny & Chris,

10.00- 10.50...Steve Guarnori,

10.50 - 11.30...Steve Csordas,

11.30 - 12.20..Ted Massey,

12.20- 01.20...Cliff Steele,

01.20- 02.20...Karl Heard,

02.20 - 03.00...Dr Pickles,

03.00--End...Molly,

I do hope this is all ok for you lot out there,i have thought long and hard about the mix of DJs for your enjoyment,they WILL bring something for everyone,

note......times could be subject to a slight change,but i hope not

And dont forget Bidds allnighter is on after us,if you fancy a bit more just pop up to Bidds and mention to MACE that Toby sent you,and he'll let you in

thanks

Toby...

Guest gordon russell

Hi all Groovesville fans........

I thought it was about time i got my scraggy arse moving and sort out the times for SATURDAY 8th MAY

here goes

8.00 - 10.00...Shorny & Chris,

10.00- 10.50...Steve Guarnori,

10.50 - 11.30...Steve Csordas,

11.30 - 12.20..Ted Massey,

12.20- 01.20...Cliff Steele,

01.20- 02.20...Karl Heard,

02.20 - 03.00...Dr Pickles,

03.00--End...Molly,

I do hope this is all ok for you lot out there,i have thought long and hard about the mix of DJs for your enjoyment,they WILL bring something for everyone,

note......times could be subject to a slight change,but i hope not

And dont forget Bidds allnighter is on after us,if you fancy a bit more just pop up to Bidds and mention to MACE that Toby sent you,and he'll let you in

thanks

Toby...

well thought out toby.........looks like it,s gonna rockin allthe right places:D

thanks

Toby...

Hi Toby.

I've received a couple of P.M.s about this tonight, so thought I'd best clarify that unfortunately I am not able to offer any freebies or discounted admission to anyone coming over to Bidds after prior attendance at any soul nights.

Would love to be able to, but as I prefer to keep my door tax down to £10, the costs usually devour all the doortakings.....and besides which, any profit is usually spent on pizzas laugh.gif

Thanks for the mention anyway Toby, appreciate it....hope you all have a great night :ohmy:

Regards

Mace

Guest Dr Pickles

oooh chris....you're on straight after karlwink.gif

no pressure mate

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww swoon.gif .

Thanks for that you two.

However, I shall rise to the challenge and play my own twist on all things fast paced, gritty, dirty and danceable.

Taxi for Dr Pickles..........................

Really looking forward to it.

Make sure you get that room nice and dark. It's looking like a top night.

See you there

Doc

Hi Toby.

I've received a couple of P.M.s about this tonight, so thought I'd best clarify that unfortunately I am not able to offer any freebies or discounted admission to anyone coming over to Bidds after prior attendance at any soul nights.

Would love to be able to, but as I prefer to keep my door tax down to £10, the costs usually devour all the doortakings.....and besides which, any profit is usually spent on pizzas laugh.gif

Thanks for the mention anyway Toby, appreciate it....hope you all have a great night thumbsup.gif

Regards

Mace

Hi Mace,I said that you would let them in to your venue even at a late hour,not free entry(even im not that generous)laugh.gif ,

Ive had a few peeps asking that we close is it worth going on to Bidds,to finish off the night etc.......ive said go for it Mace will give a real good time at Bidds

sorry for any confusion or missunderstanding on my part my ole mate Mace

Toby

Guest Andy Kempster

Have a good one Shorny Mate .. I Know you will .. Shorny will play a top Northern set like he did at Jct 2thumbsup.gif ...... great little soul club run by two nice Guys Tobi and Andy going to try and pop down soon .

be good to see you down here chalky, its been a while mate

Guest toby

Just a quick reminder,

This coming Saturday 8th May at Groovesville Soul Club,has now moved to The Galley,only 200 yards further down the road.

All DJs are confirmed and looking foward to playing out for your musical pleasure.

on a different note

I shall be in hospital in the morning of the 8th,for more tests etc,but never fear i SHALL be at Groovesville or in a pub very close by before hand with Andy & Melv,

At the old venue The Angel a poster will be put on the doors giving directions to the new venue etc,plus no doubt Andy will be hanging around the area so to make sure none of you get lost (he will im sure)

Toby

Guest Dr Pickles

seems like we have a bit of healthy contest on to get the place moving, i know shorny and chris have been getting some super tunes together for their set and having spoken to pickles on saturday he is also bang up for it...steve c the same and cliffe so shouldnt be a dull moment all night...cant believe its come around again so soon but seriously pleased it has

Let the games begin.

I'd like to express the music I'll be playing in a visual way......................

71226288_4bed47b736.jpg

Doc

Guest Dr Pickles

Just a bit of fun but maybe this can explain the type of music you will hear on Saturday...................

33_3734.jpg

Guest Bearsy

Totally gutted to say this but unfortunately we can make this as we will be in Liverpool as we have Church on Sunday morning at 9-30am :huh: honestly we have :yes: bloody family :rolleyes: but in the mean time you lot have a great night its gonna be awsome and some i just know it :sad: see you all soon :hatsoff2:

Bearsy & Marie

Just a quick reminder,

This coming Saturday 8th May at Groovesville Soul Club,has now moved to The Galley,only 200 yards further down the road.

All DJs are confirmed and looking foward to playing out for your musical pleasure.

on a different note

I shall be in hospital in the morning of the 8th,for more tests etc,but never fear i SHALL be at Groovesville or in a pub very close by before hand with Andy & Melv,

At the old venue The Angel a poster will be put on the doors giving directions to the new venue etc,plus no doubt Andy will be hanging around the area so to make sure none of you get lost (he will im sure)

Toby

hello Toby..hope yr ok :hatsoff2:

have checked with liitle bro, that he will see to me mum on sat, so you may see us with Ted :hatsoff2:

not 100% sure , as it all depends on how things pan out on sat, one or two things going on here, all boring :thumbsup:

Looking forward to Saturday, with this fantastic top notch dj line up it's gonna be a blast, also a bit of a partay hypo.gif going on, people celebrating their birthday's, myself, Sharon and a couple of other's who's name's I can't remember (ole' age creeping in lol)unsure.gifblink.giflaugh.gif.

Cya there

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit
Guest soul elite

Looking forward to Saturday, with this fantastic top notch dj line up it's gonna be a blast, also a bit of a partay hypo.gif going on, people celebrating their birthday's, myself, Sharon and a couple of other's who's name's I can't remember (ole' age creeping in lol)unsure.gifblink.giflaugh.gif.

Cya there

Willie

See you there Willie, look forward to all of these birthdays! xxx