Rob Wigley

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello!

In my avatar me and my lovely wife are sat in the Beauty Bar Brooklyn. Boogaloo Shampoo is on every Thursday! There a Subway Soul club Nighter on 3rd Friday also in Brooklyn. I have posted links below. We're going over in August (go every year) I love New York!!!!

Comrade Moustache

https://www.subwaysoul.com/drupal/drupal-5.7/

https://www.beautybar.com/brooklyn/calendar/calendar.php?mode=view&id=164

Social source share

Hi. We haven't done an Empire State Soul Club night since 2001, unfortunately. The Subway Soul Club is going strong, as is Honky and Pomonkey's monthly 'Dig Deeper' night, featuring a live act plus some of the best, rarest 45s in the world.

SELF-PROMOTION ALERT!

I DJ every Wednesday night in a dumpy little bar called Botanica, at 47 East Houston Street in Manhattan, from 10 o'clock till 2 or 3 in the morning. It's more a drink-and-listen-and-socialize thing than a dance party, though people have been dancing a bit lately now that the friggin anti-dancing law is seemingly no longer being enforced. I play across-the-board soul 45s, late-50s to mid-70s, including R&B, blues, deep soul, sweet soul, gospel, funk, and, yes, 'northern.' I've been doing this night for 14 years, and in that time it has been, uh, graced by the presence of Keb, Butch, Guy, Randy Cozens, Tim B., John M., Ian W., and plenty of others. Sebastian from this board came through a few months ago and played some records with me. Check it out. Say hi and I'll buy you a beer. It's a lot of fun.

M

Edited by weingarden
Social source share

SELF-PROMOTION ALERT!

I DJ every Wednesday night in a dumpy little bar called Botanica, at 47 East Houston Street in Manhattan, from 10 o'clock till 2 or 3 in the morning.

Definitely check out Matt's night if you're in town. I had a blast and can't think of a better way to spend a wednesday night in NYC! :(

Social source share

Hi. We haven't done an Empire State Soul Club night since 2001, unfortunately. The Subway Soul Club is going strong, as is Honky and Pomonkey's monthly 'Dig Deeper' night, featuring a live act plus some of the best, rarest 45s in the world.

SELF-PROMOTION ALERT!

I DJ every Wednesday night in a dumpy little bar called Botanica, at 47 East Houston Street in Manhattan, from 10 o'clock till 2 or 3 in the morning. It's more a drink-and-listen-and-socialize thing than a dance party, though people have been dancing a bit lately now that the friggin anti-dancing law is seemingly no longer being enforced. I play across-the-board soul 45s, late-50s to mid-70s, including R&B, blues, deep soul, sweet soul, gospel, funk, and, yes, 'northern.' I've been doing this night for 14 years, and in that time it has been, uh, graced by the presence of Keb, Butch, Guy, Randy Cozens, Tim B., John M., Ian W., and plenty of others. Sebastian from this board came through a few months ago and played some records with me. Check it out. Say hi and I'll buy you a beer . It's a lot of fun.

M

I'll take you up on that mate, hopefully coming over in Octoberthumbsup.gifbeer.gif

Social source share

All of the above are great (although have not ventured to Mr. Toubin's) for sure! I met most of my close friends in NYC (including my wife Lynne) at Subway Soul, and Matt's night is always stellar (sadly travel for work and too much Dig Deeper planning have kept me away for far too long).

Our upcoming Dig Deeper nights are this Saturday Feb 27 with Tami Lynn, March 27 with Billy Prince of the Precisions, and April 24 with Kings Go Forth. On our myspace page, you can find some recordings of our last two shows with Darrow Fletcher and Walter and the Admerations / the Green Berets, as well as some DJ playlists in the "blog" section:

https://www.myspace.com/digdeepernyc

You just need to stop the second player partway down the page that is broadcasting the Tami Lynn records before playing the myspace player. There are a ton of photos and videos from past shows, too - the Darrow Fletcher videos should be going up in the next week or so.

Hope your trip coincides with one of our nights (typically 4th Saturday of the month)!

Cheers,

- honky

Social source share

Hello!

In my avatar me and my lovely wife are sat in the Beauty Bar Brooklyn. Boogaloo Shampoo is on every Thursday! There a Subway Soul club Nighter on 3rd Friday also in Brooklyn. I have posted links below. We're going over in August (go every year) I love New York!!!!

Comrade Moustache

https://www.subwaysoul.com/drupal/drupal-5.7/

https://www.beautybar.com/brooklyn/calendar/calendar.php?mode=view&id=164

Me and Lydia hope to be over too, this couple need looking after :thumbup:

Thanks for the info....

Social source share

Don't Know how to do that grabby other peoples messages and comment on them thingy (Like Steve has done with mine!). So here's 2 replies.

1. Steve and Lydia, If that means you're coming Brilliant!!!

2. Mr Finewine or Matt is it? I will be popping in to the Botanica to claim my freedrink on Wednesday next week (March 10th)!

Oh yes back to New York!!!!

Comrade Moustache

Social source share

You can call me anything you want...just don't call me late for dinner! I will be there on that Wednesday....It should be a good night. Got TWO guests coming in with records, from Minneapolis and New Orleans! Please be sure to say hello. I'm the fellow with the glasses and the salt-and-pepper goatee.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!