'holy Grail' & 'big Boy Tunes'

Paul-s

I often see these terms in sales sections or reviews

Holy Grail - What does this mean? Is it a track associated with religious iconogaphy?

Big Boy Tune - Do you have to be a certain size to own it!

Can anyone help me out and elabortate please? Are there 'Big Girl Tunes' aswell? Or 'Shroud Of Turin Turntables' to play the 'Holy Grail' on?

As a record collector im always baffled by these terms?:mellow:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Holy Grail - What does this mean? Is it a track associated with religious iconogaphy?

Can anyone help me out and elabortate please? Are there 'Big Girl Tunes' aswell? Or 'Shroud Of Turin Turntables' to play the 'Holy Grail' on?

As a record collector im always baffled by these terms?mellow.gif

You should know mr Sadot you own all the big girl tunes :hatsoff2::thumbup:

mark

Social source share

you should know the answer to that one paul, because everytime you dj its staring you in the face and it attracts admiring glances from other djs, collectors and punters....you spend a lifetime putting it together so possess a holy grail, its just that you dont realise how good it is because youre always trying to improve it...itll probably never take your breath away but others will be praising the heavens....guess we all think our record collection is like that.

rob.h

Social source share

"The Holy Grail is a sacred object figuring into literature and certain Christian traditions, most often identified with the dish, plate, or cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper and said to possess miraculous powers"

Don't know how that relates into a piece of vinyl Paul but thats what google brings up yes.gif interprit as you wishg.gif

needless to say ....it's not Bill Bush ...........your description sounds betterbiggrin.gif

Seriously ,it's a sales pitch to those who don't know any betterwink.gif

Social source share

Guest daz mycroft

surely dont you remember Frank Wilson on the soundtrack to the Monty Python film ?

Social source share

Northern Soul holy grail -Bill Bush

$633.41 - 4 day 2 hrs 36 mins

heres an example 'Holy Grail'....or is that the label. I hate the bloody monotonous droning tune, so dont know?

got to agree its more like the Holy Grate on my ears its battered out that much the last few years yes.gif

Holy grail is finding that elusive one off thingy majig whatever it may be not the 278 edittion huh.gif

Social source share

"The Holy Grail is a sacred object figuring into literature and certain Christian traditions, most often identified with the dish, plate, or cup used by Jesus at the Last Supper and said to possess miraculous powers"

Don't know how that relates into a piece of vinyl Paul but thats what google brings up yes.gif interprit as you wishg.gif

needless to say ....it's not Bill Bush ...........your description sounds betterbiggrin.gif

Seriously ,it's a sales pitch to those who don't know any betterwink.gif

most often identified with the dish, plate, or cup?

Does that mean holy grail is a dished record that cost too much?:(

Social source share

laugh.gifyes.gifIm proud to wear that vinyl skirt.ha!

Eyup Paul, do you have one of those vinyl handbags made out of an old LP ? seen em here on Fremantle market lol. Send you one to go with the skirt if you want ! What title would you like ? Stay soulful mate, hope to see you in OZ again soon. Tony.

Social source share

Isn't the holy Grail something we will never have?

Bill Bush hardly up there with the rarest of the rare!

And i thought the Holy Grail was something Indiana Jones and the Nazis were competing for in ' Raiders of the Lost Ark ' You know the Holy Covenant and all that. How silly of me !! Christ i hope i don't get a load of bad spirits flying out when i open my record box ha !!

You gotta admit though, it was a great film. Keep it clean !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!