The Tempest

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

g.gif

Quite rare (and also quite in-demand) because it was only issued in Japan. Mint copies usually sell for £100+

Most (or all) of the tracks have since been issued in the UK on CDs.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Seen this go back in 2007 for just under $400, and like Pat says an essential LP, worth $400 alone for the incredible 'I can't do without you baby'.

Social source share

I do think that £200 is a bit too expensive and i'm more in line with Paul and Dave's view that its £100-130.

A while ago this LP never seemed to turn up, but in recent years and with the advent of the Internet, they do come up periodically.

I do agree that it's a rare record and have seen more "Four Tracks" and other "rarer records" come up for sale in larger quantities than this.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Guys,

I do think that £200 is a bit too expensive and i'm more in line with Paul and Dave's view that its £100-130.

A while ago this LP never seemed to turn up, but in recent years and the advent of the Internet, they do come up periodically.

I do agree that it's a rare record and have seen more "Four Tracks" and other "rarer records" come up for sale larger quantities than this.

I know what you're saying John, but i know through experience i have bidded on records in recent years ebay, plus other auctions, thinking something is only worth this and that, only to be left holding nothing...sometimes if you want something, you have to go that extra yard and bite the bullet etc.

Brett

Social source share

Hello again,

This album was on ebay just last week, I tipped a friend to it (Adam Garbutt). It had a "buy it now" price of $200.00 USD (equal to about £124.00 at the time) but I'm not sure if it sold.

All of the tracks have since been issued in the UK on CDs from Soulscape and Grapevine etc.

I think the Soulscape album of the same name ('Hold On') features all tracks - plus others of course.

I should know exactly but I haven't got a full tracklisting of the Japanese LP handy.

As for value, I think £100 is a very good price these days. Looking on ebay recently it seems prices are still falling (or reverting to their "true sensible values" if you know what I mean).

Perhaps Soulscape should consider a limited vinyl issue ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!