• Replies 83
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul elite

TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR THIS EVENT WHICH WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 2ND MAY AT THE MARRS BAR,WORCESTER.8 TILL 6AM DJ'S NIGE BROWN,MICK H,TED MASSEY,MOLLY,DES PARKER,SEAN CHAPMAN,DAVE RIMMER,MARK FREEMAN,JOHN WESTON AND TEZZA.

TICKETS ONLY PRICED £10 FROM JOHN WESTON 07818413838.

ALL PROFFITS GOING TO CHARITY

Really looking forward to keeping Peter's name alive. A good friend and one who always kept an eye on me. Miss our boys Friday nites out, as I am sure Johnno, Des will testify too. I am sure he will be playing tracks right now at the Big Gig in the sky..... Better even than Kingshall, and no disrespect meant by that...

Tezz

Guest matt tees

TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR THIS EVENT WHICH WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 2ND MAY AT THE MARRS BAR,WORCESTER.8 TILL 6AM DJ'S NIGE BROWN,MICK H,TED MASSEY,MOLLY,DES PARKER,SEAN CHAPMAN,DAVE RIMMER,MARK FREEMAN,JOHN WESTON AND TEZZA.

TICKETS ONLY PRICED £10 FROM JOHN WESTON 07818413838.

ALL PROFFITS GOING TO CHARITY

MONSTER LINE-UP and tickets will sell out so make sure you do not miss this fantastic night dedicated to Tommy(Pete Robinson) Cooper. There are only 200 tickets available!!!

Edited by matt tees
Guest soul elite

MONSTER LINE-UP and tickets will sell out so make sure you do not miss this fantastic night dedicated to Tommy(Pete Robinson) Cooper. There are only 200 tickets available!!!

thumbup.gifthis is going to be a brilliant and emotional night for everyone, can't wait for it!

Katrina x

• 2 weeks later...

THOUGHT I HAD BETTER BUMP THIS AS JOHN IS GETTING A LITTLE CONCERNED, TICKET SALES ARE CRAP TO SAY THE LEAST, PETE WAS ONE OF THE SCENES NICE GUYS AND DESERVES A GREAT SEND OF SO CUM ON YOU LOT GET YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS AND SUPPORT IT ITS ALL GOING TO CHARITY, THE WAY IT GOING IT MAY HAVE TO BE CANCELLED:ohmy:

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL A FEW TICKETS PLEASE CONTACT JOHN TO WORK SOMETHING OUT

Guest soul elite

THOUGHT I HAD BETTER BUMP THIS AS JOHN IS GETTING A LITTLE CONCERNED, TICKET SALES ARE CRAP TO SAY THE LEAST, PETE WAS ONE OF THE SCENES NICE GUYS AND DESERVES A GREAT SEND OF SO CUM ON YOU LOT GET YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS AND SUPPORT IT ITS ALL GOING TO CHARITY, THE WAY IT GOING IT MAY HAVE TO BE CANCELLED:ohmy:

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL A FEW TICKETS PLEASE CONTACT JOHN TO WORK SOMETHING OUT

WE'RE GOING TO SELL SOME BECAUSE WE CAN'T LET THIS BE A FAILURE FOR SUCH A SMASHING GUY! :no:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mrs Simsy

ticket sales are steady now over the last week thumbsup.gif i will be at rugby on saturday if anyone needs any

I'll badger inquire as to whether people would like to purchase a ticket on Saturday. I'll take Tee round with me. She can be very persuasive!:thumbup:

Would hate to see this cancelled. The Marrs Bar was my favourite do for a long while and where i got my dancing feet. Pete deserved a great turn out!yes.gif Roll up people...roll up!:lol:

Guest Bearsy

bought our tickets at USOS of spaghetti for such a worthy cause and in memory of a top fella so come on everyone what you waiting for its gonna be awsome thumbsup.gif

Guest soul elite

bought our tickets at USOS of spaghetti for such a worthy cause and in memory of a top fella so come on everyone what you waiting for its gonna be awsome thumbsup.gif

biggrin.gifNot long now, I know we're going to hear the most awesome tracks there are around!! yes.gif

Edited by soul elite
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Sean Haydon

Hiya John, I've been speaking to a few people over the weekend since we chatted about this on Friday, it seems that most people I mention it to want to come but either are unaware that it's tickets or just haven't realised that it's coming up so quick. We need to spread the word!!! Not just on Soul Source.

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hiya John, I've been speaking to a few people over the weekend since we chatted about this on Friday, it seems that most people I mention it to want to come but either are unaware that it's tickets or just haven't realised that it's coming up so quick. We need to spread the word!!! Not just on Soul Source.

Hmm, thread isnt going very far..g.gif

Now then, its a top line up, a great venue & in aid of Mind charity in memory of Pete Robinson. I refuse to believe that there's only 17 people or however many people have replied to this thread going. I think that if the word gets out a bit more then John will sell out of tickets & the place will be deservedly rammed. I'm off to start a Facebook group!:g:

Hmm, thread isnt going very far..:thumbsup:

Now then, its a top line up, a great venue & in aid of Mind charity in memory of Pete Robinson. I refuse to believe that there's only 17 people or however many people have replied to this thread going. I think that if the word gets out a bit more then John will sell out of tickets & the place will be deservedly rammed. I'm off to start a Facebook group!:lol:

spoke to john tickets are selling well so far over 100+ guna be a good and a hot night hope u r up for it lol billy

Hi all, just a remider to get your tickets for Peter's gig. A lot of hard work as gone into planning and getting the joks to play in memory of a guy who was a friend, mate or just an aquaintance of this lovely guy who always made time for us all. So lets make time in his memory.

Miss him and his jesting about, and the support he gave me as some of you know.

Ps.

See ya next week : Julia123 xx

Hotel booked, tickets reserved, new frock, new shoes and can't wait to hear, what must be one of the best line ups in the world this weekend:thumbup:

This will be a great night for us to celebrate the life of a great pal and raise money for a charity that is very close to me through my own personal experiences having been a sufferer of mild bi-polar for most of my adult life.................and no, I don't care who knows it.:tongue:

John, will there be tin rattling. I have a number of official secure collection boxes that can be labelled up for the night if you would like me to bring them. PM me if so and let me know what you want on the labels.

Des, if I don't see you Friday at SHS I haven't forgotten I still owe you £15. Maybe in the market for a couple of toons this weekend so start looking for some of those girlie specials for me, need some <£25 ready for when we grace the decks of Cheap as Chips in June.....same goes to you to Sean:D

QoFxx

Spoke to our old mob, expect the alcove atop the stairs to have that familiar messy look to it, was a real social event for us, and lets be honest far less pissed and obnoxious proper soul heads, never managed to intimidate many of that crowd, sadly it became intolerable, particularlly for the dancers, in the end with the usuals and a few yobs seeing out the night. With the botle thrown, and the obnoxious locals IDIOCY!! we said to Pete at the last one, you may as well finish now, only Sandi and i were left, but it was just endemic towards the end, Pete had lost the will, thanks to no backing from the owners.

However, since the tragic events that followed i feel it right that one last time we do it, celebrating past nights, and Petes memory, is a far better cause, so get your asses down there!

Ironically, the only person ever banned was Smokey, who had to stop a bouncer manhandling a totally innocent soulie, Smoke let it go, imagine if it had been the case years ago, mmmmmmmmmm!!!!

WELL THE DJ TIMES GO SUMMAT LIKE THIS.

8 TILL 9 JOCK

9 TILL 10 NIGE BROWN

10 TILL 10.50 TEZZA

10.50 TILL 11.40 A MYSTERY GUEST

11.40 TILL 12.30 DAVE RIMMER

12.30 TILL 1.20 TED MASSEY

1.20 TILL 2.10 SEAN CHAPMAN

2.10 TILL 3 MICK H

3 TILL 3.50 MOLLY

3.50 TILL 4.40 DES PARKER

4.40 TILL 5.30 MARK FLUFF FREEMAN

5.30 TO CLOSE SPAGHETTIO

Guest soul elite

WELL THE DJ TIMES GO SUMMAT LIKE THIS.

8 TILL 9 JOCK

9 TILL 10 NIGE BROWN

10 TILL 10.50 TEZZA

10.50 TILL 11.40 A MYSTERY GUEST

11.40 TILL 12.30 DAVE RIMMER

12.30 TILL 1.20 TED MASSEY

1.20 TILL 2.10 SEAN CHAPMAN

2.10 TILL 3 MICK H

3 TILL 3.50 MOLLY

3.50 TILL 4.40 DES PARKER

4.40 TILL 5.30 MARK FLUFF FREEMAN

5.30 TO CLOSE SPAGHETTIO

Thats intriguing Mr Weston ......... mystery Dj ??????? :huh:

:D XXX

Guest matt tees

Just spoke to John and tickets are really going well and a cracking will be in store for such a emotional charged night with some of the UK Top jocks ready to let rip on that dance floor. I will be selling and hope we can get that balcony packed with dealers like it used to be, it was like a nighter within a nighter!!! Gonna be a Top Night with Top people for such a TOP GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cu all there and let's make it very special!!

Guest soul elite

Just spoke to John and tickets are really going well and a cracking will be in store for such a emotional charged night with some of the UK Top jocks ready to let rip on that dance floor. I will be selling and hope we can get that balcony packed with dealers like it used to be, it was like a nighter within a nighter!!! Gonna be a Top Night with Top people for such a TOP GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cu all there and let's make it very special!!

:sad:I think we'll have to take lots of tissues because its it going to be emotional nite :D:D:D xxx

spot on matt, pete was always at the top of the stairs with a handshake. always said nice to see u bill looks like it is going to be a good night and it was always.

Billyhatsoff2.gif

Guest soul elite

spot on matt, pete was always at the top of the stairs with a handshake. always said nice to see u bill looks like it is going to be a good night and it was always.

Billyhatsoff2.gif

angry.gif Not happy, I thought it was Friday today! Hmmph, have to wait another day now !! angry.gif

As you know, I don't usually drinkno.gif but if you fancy a pint I will be in worcester by about 7.00, which pub and what time?

QoFxx

Errr, the one on the corner of the street that the Marrs Bar is in, it's called the Postal Order, or Postage Stamp, or Postal Strike. Something to do with mail anyway.

I should be there around 7pm myself