2010-05-02: Pete Robinson Memorial Allnighter

Guest toby

Errr, the one on the corner of the street that the Marrs Bar is in, it's called the Postal Order, or Postage Stamp, or Postal Strike. Something to do with mail anyway.

I should be there around 7pm myself

Dave enjoy your birthday(belated ) drink in the mail roomlaugh.gif ,

I had booked tickets with Mr Weston as you know,but unfortunatly i cant make it for later on,having a bad day (you know the reasons Dave),so sorry i cant be with you ,but enjoy it i know you will

speak soon young man

Toby

• Replies 83
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dave enjoy your birthday(belated ) drink in the mail roomlaugh.gif ,

I had booked tickets with Mr Weston as you know,but unfortunatly i cant make it for later on,having a bad day (you know the reasons Dave),so sorry i cant be with you ,but enjoy it i know you will

speak soon young man

Toby

Due to unforseen circumstances we have not been able to go either.:(

I know that by now the place will be rocking & we're missing a great night.:lol: I will donate some money to the charity thats being supported tonight anyway & i'll be raising my cup of tea to Pete tonight.:D

Oops..Ian left himself signed in!:lol: It's Kylee.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Simsy

A fitting tribute to Pete, i'm proud of you young Mr Weston.

Nice to see many of the old faces back in attendance, to you all thanks!!

DJ's were all on form, with the floor full once people began to arrive in numbers, not gonna pick out anyone, you were all great.

We did i'm afraid get a few local piss heads in, and as in the past they acted like arses, particulally towards the dancers, by the stage, thankfully they were encouraged to leave, just when there was a look of deja' vu in some peoples faces, and it didnt detract from the night.

Some great and richly deserved tributes paid to Pete, for me my lasting memory of the Marrs will be that last morning as he played for just Sandi and i, and we said look were good why not get off home, the last two records he played, were two he always aired for us, Sandi's was Magic Night, and for me Life "Tell me why", not gonna read too much into that other than they were records we three all loved.

I'm glad to say at our final meeting i was able to reply, as after my spot at USOS Pete thanked me for playing two of his faves, Marvin Holmes and Oscar Perry, Main string...it was that love of 70's music that made us initially hit it off....and will be my abiding memory of a genuine "nice" man

Respect

Harpo

A fitting tribute to Pete, i'm proud of you young Mr Weston.

Nice to see many of the old faces back in attendance, to you all thanks!!

DJ's were all on form, with the floor full once people began to arrive in numbers, not gonna pick out anyone, you were all great.

We did i'm afraid get a few local piss heads in, and as in the past they acted like arses, particulally towards the dancers, by the stage, thankfully they were encouraged to leave, just when there was a look of deja' vu in some peoples faces, and it didnt detract from the night.

Some great and richly deserved tributes paid to Pete, for me my lasting memory of the Marrs will be that last morning as he played for just Sandi and i, and we said look were good why not get off home, the last two records he played, were two he always aired for us, Sandi's was Magic Night, and for me Life "Tell me why", not gonna read too much into that other than they were records we three all loved.

I'm glad to say at our final meeting i was able to reply, as after my spot at USOS Pete thanked me for playing two of his faves, Marvin Holmes and Oscar Perry, Main string...it was that love of 70's music that made us initially hit it off....and will be my abiding memory of a genuine "nice" man

Respect

Harpo

You said it all Harpo:thumbup:

Arrived home about 1 this afternoon but my brain still hasn't landed so will keep it short for now.

There was enough energy in the Marrs Bar last night to light up the cathedral for a week and that was just Sean and Molly:laugh: and with the energy from all the other DJs and punters we could of lit the the whole city up.

Great job Mr Weston for pulling it off and giving Pete the true soulie benefit gig he deserved :wink:

QoFxx

Guest sandi

Yes Paul has basically said it all, l'm glad that we make the trip to be there lastnight it was well worth the effort to be apart of such a meaningful tribute to a fantastic guy.

John you did pete proud.

sandi x

Yes Paul has basically said it all, l'm glad that we make the trip to be there lastnight it was well worth the effort to be apart of such a meaningful tribute to a fantastic guy.

John you did pete proud.

sandi x

...............Thanks for saving my life last night, was a bit worried I would of scared everyone away without any war paintlaugh.gif

QoFxx

...............Thanks for saving my life last night, was a bit worried I would of scared everyone away without any war paint:laugh:

Actually i must admit i got soap in my eyes a used smokers toothpaste, instead of my blusher, luckily it was the pink one, so i looked suprisingly rosy cheeked , no doubt people put that down to the country air, however i now fing all my freckles have dissapeared!!!!

ph

Guest ang b

What a fantastic nite, the music, the atmosphere, everything was great, couldn't fault it except for the few piss heads taking the piss, ive not dance so much in years & im suffering now, laugh.gif well done John you did him proud lad, thumbsup.gif not forgetting the man himself, god love him x

Edited by ang b
Guest SteveC

A great night with a mix of old and new soul and a great crowd who were up for a serious dance!!! Thanks to Julia for ensuring my hands will be swollen for the next few days (ain't heard clapping like that at a niter for a while and boy can that girl thunderclap!!!)

All the DJ's pulled out stuff that was both floor packing and some bits that were interesting and fresh. Thanks to Des for the "Tippin" track - really enjoyed that one. Alan...sorry Mark Freeman played The Soulville Allstars, Nobody to blame and probably made me understand why not many hit the floor to stomp to it when I play it out...thought I was gonna die dancing to it - "pitch" springs to mind for the next time.

Great to talk to Shorny and Chris prior to next weeks Groovesville. Look forward to a crazy night fellas.

Last but not least many thanks to Harpo, Sandi and Willie for looking after the lady and getting her home safe. See ya all next week.

Thanks John Weston. A great job and it was truly a picture to see your imposing stature on the stage, pint in hand, overlooking the event as the promoter/bouncer et al. Pete would have been proud!!!

Edited by SteveC

was hopeing for a goodturnout and a top nite and wasnt dissapointed...despite being the third nite out in a row for me i managed to move my bones to some top tunes till des finished at 6ish...was it ?

liked daves request "will someone throw those two twats out !"....laugh.gif

big thanx to all who had a hand in putting this nite on....

dean

was hopeing for a goodturnout and a top nite and wasnt dissapointed...despite being the third nite out in a row for me i managed to move my bones to some top tunes till des finished at 6ish...was it ?

liked daves request "will someone throw those two twats out !"....:thumbsup:

big thanx to all who had a hand in putting this nite on....

dean

Perhaps I'd better explain that :lol:

John Weston was saying a bit about Pete and thanking everyone for coming, and whilst he was doing that two pissed up locals were acting the idiot on the dance floor. He passed the mic back to me, and what I actually said was "Will someone throw those two twats out NOW". I also gave another two a bollocking about having drinks on the dancefloor, but in fairness to them, they disappeared and the next time I saw them they were dancing away without drinks in their hands.

I thought it was a brilliant night, back to how the Marrs Bar used to be, the faces were happy, the dancefloor was full, and all the money went to charity.

Had to laugh at Mick H's ambulance crew, sorry mini bus crew. They were in such a state after the weekender, that most of them just stayed on the minibus and slept (Which is why Mick and I swapped spots, so that he could leave early)

Thanks to Jock for the lift home, and most of all thanks to Johnny boy Weston. He worked hard at this one, and even stayed sober all night :lol:

WELL DONE JOHN. YOU DID PETE PROUD, HE WOULD OF LOVED IT !!! IT WAS A BRILLIANT NIGHT. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR BRILL MUSIC, GREAT FRIENDS, HAD A GREAT TIME ON THE DANCE FLOOR, THANKS TO ALL MY CO-DANCERS & NUTTERS. I EVEN BECAME A BOUNCER:boxing: A FEW TIMES HA HA. (STILL WAITING FOR MY WAGES JOHN). I ONLY LEFT THE MAIN ROOM TWICE FOR A QUICK CIGGIE, SCARED I MIGHT MISS SOMETHING, BUT CARRIED ON SINGING OUTSIDE. HANDS ARE NOW A BIT SORE, & MY VOICE IS STILL A BIT CROAKY, WOULD I DO IT ALL AGAIN ???.... YOU BETCHA, I WOULD. FAN-DABBIE-DOZZIE. :lol:

LOVE JULIA. :thumbsup: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A great night with a mix of old and new soul and a great crowd who were up for a serious dance!!! Thanks to Julia for ensuring my hands will be swollen for the next few days (ain't heard clapping like that at a niter for a while and boy can that girl thunderclap!!!)

All the DJ's pulled out stuff that was both floor packing and some bits that were interesting and fresh. Thanks to Des for the "Tippin" track - really enjoyed that one. Alan...sorry Mark Freeman played The Soulville Allstars, Nobody to blame and probably made me understand why not many hit the floor to stomp to it when I play it out...thought I was gonna die dancing to it - "pitch" springs to mind for the next time.

Great to talk to Shorny and Chris prior to next weeks Groovesville. Look forward to a crazy night fellas.

Last but not least many thanks to Harpo, Sandi and Willie for looking after the lady and getting her home safe. See ya all next week.

Thanks John Weston. A great job and it was truly a picture to see your imposing stature on the stage, pint in hand, overlooking the event as the promoter/bouncer et al. Pete would have been proud!!!

GREAT NIGHT STEVE, IT'S GREAT TO SHARE THE DANCE FLOOR, WITH LIKE MINDED SOULS. :lol::thumbsup: SEE YOU SOON. LOVE JULIA. :lol: XXXXXXXXX

Edited by julia123

Due to unforseen circumstances we have not been able to go either.:(

I know that by now the place will be rocking & we're missing a great night.:lol: I will donate some money to the charity thats being supported tonight anyway & i'll be raising my cup of tea to Pete tonight.:)

Oops..Ian left himself signed in!:lol: It's Kylee.:thumbsup:

KYLEE, YOU MISSED A GOOD-UN.

LOVE & KISSES

FOG HORN LEG HORN

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mr john weston you should give yourself a pat on the back. a corking nite had by all about 150 soulies in :thumbsup: make it truely a wonderful nite only 1 or 2 twats in.

spoke to mr marrs himself told me he was a happy chappy.well done to all who turned up. fantastic sounds played by all dj's and they never got paid a penny :lol: legs totally fu.... must say one of the best marrs bar i've been to PETE WOULD OF BE PROUD :lol:

Edited by rob english
Guest soul elite

We had a brilliant, memorable night. All the Dj's played thier little socks off. Danced so much i'm still shattered and walking around work like i'm drunk blush.gif

It certainly was a night to rememberbiggrin.gif

Ps Julia 123, wish i had that zimmer frame now!! xxx

Cant say enough how pleased i was for John Weston that Robbos Memorial night went with a bang!

I was proud to be one of Petes Residents at the Marrs ,,in its day we had some banging nights there

I had to leave early but when i left the place was rocking and the dancefloor was hummin !!

I can just see Pete Robinson and Nige Shaw (ex Resident) looking down with their huge smiles!!

Thank you everyone who supported the Marrs for Robbo just one more time!!thumbsup.gif

Theyl be some piccis in the gallery in a bit!

Nige B

post-1851-12729872022616_thumb.jpg

post-1851-12729872022616_thumb.jpg

We had a brilliant, memorable night. All the Dj's played thier little socks off. Danced so much i'm still shattered and walking around work like i'm drunk :blush:

It certainly was a night to remember:D

Ps Julia 123, wish i had that zimmer frame now!! xxx

OH, MY POOR DARLING, I'LL BUILD YOU ONE FOR NEXT TIME, I'M QUITE HANDY YOU KNOW..

OR YOU COULD BE VERY VERY BRAVE & SIT IN AN ICE BATH FOR 15 MINUTES.

LOVE JULIA XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Guest matt tees

Definately The Marrs Bar of old and a superb atmosphere for the last time. All Djs did the bizz with a really up for it dance floor floor, even the balcony was buzzing once again. Over the six years at the Marrs there were some excellent nights and this as good as any previous night. I was also honoured to be a resident for those six years!!! Pete would have been chuffed "Just Like That"" A massive thanks to one of the soul scene's loyal and well respected nice guys! Mr John Weston WELL DONE Mate you played a Blinder plus loads of dosh raised for charity. Well done everyone who came out one last time to support this fantastic night.

Everything has been said in the previous postings, what an excellent night I just couldn't stop dancing, every DJ was playing my top favourites, the place was buzzing start to finish, John you did Pete proud looking down on you, with a big smile on his facehatsoff2.gif, it was nice to meet Chrissie, saying hi to Katrina, and Mrs Soul three lovely ladies, Harpo I will speak to you during the week if you looking in. Billy P.S. I must say the Marrs went out with a BIG HAPPY BANG

Guest Mrs Simsy

KYLEE, YOU MISSED A GOOD-UN.

LOVE & KISSES

FOG HORN LEG HORN

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:no:

Gutted to miss it but with just couldn't make it.sad.gif Sounds like everyone had a corker though. Glad that it went well.:thumbsup:

See you soon!xxx

THANX TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS EVENT,THE DJ'S WHO GAVE THEIR TIME FA NOUT SOME WHO CAME UP FROM NEWQUAY IN AN AMBULANCElaugh.gif BRIAN MARR FOR LETTING US HAVE THE MARRS BAR,PETE FRENCH FOR ARANGING THE SOUND SYSTEM AND ALL YOU LOVERLY SOULS WHO TURNED UP,PETE WOULD HAVE LOVED IT I'M GLAD I CAN SAY I THINK WE DID HIM PROUDthumbup.gif

THERE WERE 163 TICKETS SOLD AND AFTER ALLOWING FOR EXPENCES SUCH AS DOOR STAFF,TICKET PRINTING ETC THERE IS £1500 GOING TO CHARITY AND I WILL POST UP A RECIEPT WHEN I GET IT.

OH AND DAVE WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SAID WAS WILL SOMEONE GET THOSE TWO RSOULS OUT OF EREyes.gif

ONCE AGAIN THANX TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS NIGHT A SUCCESS.

THANX TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS EVENT,THE DJ'S WHO GAVE THEIR TIME FA NOUT SOME WHO CAME UP FROM NEWQUAY IN AN AMBULANCElaugh.gif BRIAN MARR FOR LETTING US HAVE THE MARRS BAR,PETE FRENCH FOR ARANGING THE SOUND SYSTEM AND ALL YOU LOVERLY SOULS WHO TURNED UP,PETE WOULD HAVE LOVED IT I'M GLAD I CAN SAY I THINK WE DID HIM PROUDthumbup.gif

THERE WERE 163 TICKETS SOLD AND AFTER ALLOWING FOR EXPENCES SUCH AS DOOR STAFF,TICKET PRINTING ETC THERE IS £1500 GOING TO CHARITY AND I WILL POST UP A RECIEPT WHEN I GET IT.

OH AND DAVE WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SAID WAS WILL SOMEONE GET THOSE TWO RSOULS OUT OF EREyes.gif

I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU WORK SO HARD :lol: YOU DID A GREAT JOB, WELL DONE, AND YES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SO PROUD TO SEE A HAPPY AND FULL NITER WITH EVERYONE ENJOYING IT SO MUCH, AND THATS ALL HE EVER WANTED!MUSIC WAS BRILL, AND GREAT TO SPEAK TO YOU BILLY :thumbup: BUT CELABRATING MR RIMMERS BITHDAY, GAVE ME AN ALMIGHTY HANGOVER, :yes:

I think it is fair to say that Pete had a real passion for his nights at the Marrs bar, and we watched as, if we're honest, the nights disintegrated. I think what you did on Sunday, John, not only paid full respect to Pete, but allowed his "baby" to go out in style, as Pete would have wanted, but never got the chance to do. Thank you, for including me in the night, and thank you for doing the right thing for Pete and his "Marrs Bar" legacy. On top of that, it was a superb night, with superb music and a superb crowdthumbsup.gif

Des Parker

I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU WORK SO HARD :thumbsup: YOU DID A GREAT JOB, WELL DONE, AND YES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN SO PROUD TO SEE A HAPPY AND FULL NITER WITH EVERYONE ENJOYING IT SO MUCH, AND THATS ALL HE EVER WANTED!MUSIC WAS BRILL, AND GREAT TO SPEAK TO YOU BILLY :D BUT CELABRATING MR RIMMERS BITHDAY, GAVE ME AN ALMIGHTY HANGOVER, :hatsoff2:

MRS SOUL, I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT WE MISSED EACH OTHER AT THE MARRS. MIND YOU NEVER LEFT THE BIG ROOM ALL NIGHT, HA HA.

I HAD YOUR MEDAL IN MY BAG, JUST IN CASE I BUMPED INTO YOU. BIG SORRY. I PROMISE YOU SHALL HAVE IT SOON.

KEEP EM SPINNING. LOVE. JULIA. XXXXXX

Guest ruppy

A sad night but a joyful night in memory of a great guy Pete Robbo,well done to John Western for putting this Nighter on

to all the Pete,s resident djs who served him proud,well done lads credit to you for making it a special night

RIP Pete we will miss ya

Mick H

Hi John and all. Just got onto the comp this morning. Want to say that John like everyone else you did an excellent job. However in memory of Peter, we all did him proud by either playing, dancing and by just being there. For those who did not make it were thinking of Peter one way or another.

Like John and so many others I still miss someone who I was proud to call a friend. We all did Peter proud by remembering him when it counted...

John. You stood up to be counted and was there for Peter Robinson