• Replies 81
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Simple really.

Buy the cd. Carve some of the tracks to vinyl. Pitch e'm up or down (see other thread). Cover e'm up as something like the Motown horns & bob's your uncle.

The next big thing on the Northern DJ'ing circuit.

:thumbup:Great Idea, gotta be a money maker.

Social source share

Simple really.

Buy the cd. Carve some of the tracks to vinyl. Pitch e'm up or down (see other thread). Cover e'm up as something like the Motown horns & bob's your uncle.

The next big thing on the Northern DJ'ing circuit.

brill, could make a feckin fortune:thumbup:

Social source share

Would be a fab introduction into Northern/Rare Soul for a Soul virgin like me........ whistling

Off to my dance class now. :laugh:

No, No, No, Don't get the CD, listen to the music posted on this site if you're a soul virgin,

can keep up the dance classes though, good luck.

Social source share

No, No, No, Don't get the CD, listen to the music posted on this site if you're a soul virgin,

can keep up the dance classes though, good luck.

I was by no means serious, Tony...... you see, I signed up on here over a year ago in order to listen to the music...... :thumbup:

I wouldn't dream of buying that cd, nor would I take dance classes......

Nice to meet you all by the way. :wave:

Social source share

Guest Marsha Gee

Karaoke nights have already been done on the scene, it was early 90's I think.

Who did them, was it Mr Roberts & Goldsoul?

Social source share

Guest Marsha Gee

don't think so, sure I have the flyer somewhere. memory if serves me right says was in Stoke and Dave Evison if not involved DJ'ed.

Would love to see the flyer Chalky. Interesting part to the thread.

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

Karaoke nights have already been done on the scene, it was early 90's I think.

Yes but those I*n L*v*ne (name protected for legal reasons) CD's weren't much cop, this is bound to sound better

Social source share

We bought one and have hours and hours of fun, my vocal on 'Out On The Floor' is the dogs bollocks or is it just bollocks can't remember, I won't have a bad word said about this stunning item.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

so your the fecker whose bought the only one out of the stock they had, my missus told me to buy it cos she likes the formations , at the top of the stairs. so i pushed her down the b-stards. ha ha lolwicked.gif

Social source share

Yes but those I*n L*v*ne (name protected for legal reasons) CD's weren't much cop, this is bound to sound better

Weren't much cop, is too polite, they were dogshite and now for sale at £2 in every supermarket in the country. To a lot of people this is there introduction to the musicunsure.gif and just like this karaoke crap a complete mockery.boxing.gif

Social source share

:D

This made me smile, quite a lot...

What about another room at weekenders for this... It would work for sure....

Please find the flyer Chalky for the Stoke event, missed out on that one....

Its Northern Soul tat, plenty of it around... why be shocked.... :D

Well maybe if i did see " keep the faith colostomy bags for sale "... Now that would be taking the piss

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

don't think so, sure I have the flyer somewhere. memory if serves me right says was in Stoke and Dave Evison if not involved DJ'ed.

I seem to remember this Chalky.

Was it at the Cheshire Cat too?

Or should that be the Strangled Cat :D

Edited by jumpinjoan
Social source share

Guest Beeks

Don't know what the fuss is about...EXTREMELY surprised it's not been done before...good idea IMO...I bet everyone on here at some point has engaged in pissed up Karaoke...so why not with tunes you enjoy! :thumbup:

Social source share

Don't know what the fuss is about...EXTREMELY surprised it's not been done before...good idea IMO...I bet everyone on here at some point has engaged in pissed up Karaoke...so why not with tunes you enjoy! :thumbup:

If you got this going at The Hideaway, you could have a go Beeks and instead of singing "Paris Blues", you could change the words to "Sky Blues" or "Blue Moon".... LOL

Social source share

Guest Beeks

If you got this going at The Hideaway, you could have a go Beeks and instead of singing "Paris Blues", you could change the words to "Sky Blues" or "Blue Moon".... LOL

:laugh:

Social source share

Don't know what the fuss is about...

Well if I can shed a light on that...... This cd implies it presents 'The Best of Northern Soul'. What am I supposed to think of that, as a Soul newbie, exploring the music? Being actually quite smitten by the music?

To illustrate, I've been into Folk music for many years now, it was still quite underground when I started off as a musician in 1993. A relatively small 'scene' with indigenous instruments etc. Until the Riverdance came along. And boom....... Folk music became a commercial thing. What a shame. I gradually lost the inspiration to keep performing because of it. There is still a vast group of us that avoid those 'Best of Celtic Music' thingies that started appearing at every supermarket and drug store over here in Holland. And on eBay. I cringe whenever I come across stuff like that. To me it is so disrespectful to true Folk music.

Believe me, even I can see what the fuss is about. But hey....... each to their own......:hatsoff2:

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the Soul music I track down on here, and on other sites. :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Well if I can shed a light on that...... This cd implies it presents 'The Best of Northern Soul'. What am I supposed to think of that, as a Soul newbie, exploring the music? Being actually quite smitten by the music?

To illustrate, I've been into Folk music for many years now, it was still quite underground when I started off as a musician in 1993. A relatively small 'scene' with indigenous instruments etc. Until the Riverdance came along. And boom....... Folk music became a commercial thing. What a shame. I gradually lost the inspiration to keep performing because of it. There is still a vast group of us that avoid those 'Best of Celtic Music' thingies that started appearing at every supermarket and drug store over here in Holland. And on eBay. I cringe whenever I come across stuff like that. To me it is so disrespectful to true Folk music.

Believe me, even I can see what the fuss is about. But hey....... each to their own......:hatsoff2:

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the Soul music I track down on here, and on other sites. :thumbup:

:laugh:

I think you're looking a bit too much into it luv

It's a f*cking Karaoke CD...not the death of soul as we know it :laugh::rolleyes:

Social source share

laugh.gif

I think you're looking a bit too much into it luv

It's a f*cking Karaoke CD...not the death of soul as we know it laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

I have a mate who plays in a well - known South Yorkshire based clubland band , who will from time to time , ring me or call asking me to burn a CD with a NS record the band wanted to incorperate in their stage show ..

The last one he asked for was " More Today Than Yesterday " ......

During one visit , I played and proposed to him " Ton Of Dynamite " , to which he told me to ferk off :D

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert