Ron Banks R.i.p

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ruby Andrews just posted on her Facebook page that Ron Banks, legendary lead singer of the Dramatics, has passed away in Detroit at the age of 59.

R.I.P.

A truly awful piece of news.

For the record, Ron was well over 70, not 59.

I have the interview he did with me for Sky Channel 0129 back in 2004.

I remember going to see The Drams in 81 with Frankie Crocker at the Apollo, NYC, witnessing the

most amazing routine to 'Whatcha See'... The group all threw their jackets onto a coat stand in perfect timing and straight too!

A fabulous person!

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

I will scan the full audio of the interview we did in 04.

In fact, I hope to re-run it on Sky this Saturday 10am-12 noon. I believe he was much older than 59. Although his discography suggests May 10,1951 as a birthdate. He formed the Dramatics in 1962.

Either way....awful news.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

DRAMATICS - FALL IN LOVE LADY LOVE - VOLT 7" -

Bizarrely one I put up almost 2 years to the day, one of my favourites of theirs as it has some great memories attached to it.

Sad news indeed, brill lead vocalist - maybe we'll here Dramatics tributes on this weekend's decks?

RIP RB

Social source share

DRAMATICS - IN THE RAIN - VOLT -

And my all time favourite of theirs, great memories of Southport, sure I still have some great old pictures of then that I need to find

RIPpost-1463-12677429100384_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joko

Was playing this tune of late.... really special, the top tune of my mate Dave, i will pass on the news...

respect indeed.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZcF4WIFkI

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

DRAMATICS - IN THE RAIN - VOLT -

And my all time favourite of theirs, great memories of Southport, sure I still have some great old pictures of then that I need to find

RIPpost-1463-12677429100384_thumb.jpg

I was there Jock a fantastic weekend and I love this record so much. another sad loss to music. Not sure if Ron was on the Dells Dramamtics - love is missing from our lives, but it would be up there with my all time faves.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Ruby Andrews just posted on her Facebook page that Ron Banks, legendary lead singer of the Dramatics, has passed away in Detroit at the age of 59.

R.I.P.

A very sad loss to our music, The Dramatics were the masters in there own right. A hell of an outfit watched live - look at the other group members, who performed with Ron, Willie Ford, Lenny Mayes, L J Reynolds and Ronnie McNeir arranging and playing behind this powerhouse of a group also.

R I P - Ron Banks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert