++ Bradford Rarer & Underplayed Soul Club ++

An early shout for the second instalment of rarer & underplayed soul sounds in Bradford at our new home!

The Presidents Suite

East Bowling Unity Club

Leicester Street

Bradford

BD4 7JS

The first one was a cracking night, superb atmosphere and listening to all the positive feedback, it seems this venue was the right choice for the future of the events.

Friday 9th April

As usual, we have different guest DJs at every event and for this one we have the following joining us to spin their vinyl:

John Horsler

Kyle Magill

Tony Taylor

Derek Pearson

Tim Smithers

8 till 1am

£5 door tax

Close to M606 / M62, easy to find...

Hope to see you there!

cheers paul

• Replies 81
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest coltaylor1

An early shout for the second instalment of rarer & underplayed soul sounds in Bradford at our new home!

The Presidents Suite

East Bowling Unity Club

Leicester Street

Bradford

BD4 7JS

The first one was a cracking night, superb atmosphere and listening to all the positive feedback, it seems this venue was the right choice for the future of the events.

Friday 9th April

As usual, we have different guest DJs at every event and for this one we have the following joining us to spin their vinyl:

John Horsler

Kyle Magill

Tony Taylor

Derek Pearson

Tim Smithers

8 till 1am

£5 door tax

Close to M606 / M62, easy to find...

Hope to see you there!

cheers paul

wot no crossover ?

cant wait well be there

Gonna be a fab one, last one was magic (especially the 9-10 slot!) nice venue, ace tunes, great crowd and cheap bevvie!

Hey Paul, know you wanted a niter atmos hence the no lights thing but I couldnt see a feckin thing - do like Lesley Pell's idea of T-lights on the table (for that posh chicken in a basket feel) though....

Cannie wait! See ye there!

Mark

Edited by mark w.
Guest rosemary

Gonna be a fab one, last one was magic (especially the 9-10 slot!) nice venue, ace tunes, great crowd and cheap bevvie!

Hey Paul, know you wanted a niter atmos hence the no lights thing but I couldnt see a feckin thing - do like Lesley Pell's idea of T-lights on the table (for that posh chicken in a basket feel) though....

Mark

Hello Mark...... you know I like the dark atmosphereyes.gif...... but I'll bring some tea-lights for the 'Bernie Inn' look....... and agree with the cheap beeryes.gif. We only spent £10 and I was 'fresh as a daisy'laugh.gif.

And looking forward to my lovely hubby DJing and he's on later so I can have a dancesmile.gif.

So see you soon x

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the comment, I didnt realise it was that dark, i'll sort it for this one. :thumbup:

Also going to move the record sales area and tweek a couple of other things...

See you on the 9th... :thumbsup:

Guest Paul Brennan

Hey Paul, know you wanted a niter atmos hence the no lights thing but I couldnt see a feckin thing

Mark

Hello Mark...... you know I like the dark atmosphereyes.gif...... Rosemary

Hi Mark

Thanks for the comment, I didnt realise it was that dark, i'll sort it for this one. yes.gif

Of course it was dark Mark and for very good reason. However do not let those two consorting Bratfortites deceive you with their charm and trickery, for all is not as it seems.

This tale starts many moons ago at a chilling and deeply disturbing house of ill repute whereupon all manner of depravity was both sought and freely engaged in by the wicked, licentious throng who monthly gathered therein, shedding themselves of even the slightest thread of decency................bounders, ne'er-do-wells, thieves, vagabonds, strumpets many would call them and yes it would be no lie, no lie at all I tell you!

Ultimately it was only a matter of time before some terrible ill should befall such a terrible, evil house and there lurking grotesquely in the shadows was its nemesis' a man made monster, spilling out its vile poison of choking fumes and toxins, unbeknown to the decadent revellers gathered nearby - yes indeed, the chemical works

post-4169-1269548642307_thumb.jpg

Deeply disfigured these poor wretched creatures are forced to hide themselves deep underground seeking the dark, only able to venture forth once the dark night has fallen and the uv rays can no longer torture their francium.

YES MARK YOU ARE DANCING WITH THE DARKSEEKERS

post-4169-12695489890943_thumb.png click to enlarge

post-4169-12695491047867_thumb.png click to enlarge

Guest rosemary

Hey Paul, know you wanted a niter atmos hence the no lights thing but I couldnt see a feckin thing

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the comment, I didnt realise it was that dark, i'll sort it for this one. yes.gif

Of course it was dark Mark and for very good reason. However do not let those two consorting Bratfortites deceive you with their charm and trickery, for all is not as it seems.

This tale starts many moons ago at a chilling and deeply disturbing house of ill repute whereupon all manner of depravity was both sought and freely engaged in by the wicked, licentious throng who monthly gathered therein, shedding themselves of even the slightest thread of decency................bounders, ne'er-do-wells, thieves, vagabonds, strumpets many would call them and yes it would be no lie, no lie at all I tell you!

Ultimately it was only a matter of time before some terrible ill should befall such a terrible, evil house and there lurking grotesquely in the shadows was its nemesis' a man made monster, spilling out its vile poison of choking fumes and toxins, unbeknown to the decadent revellers gathered nearby - yes indeed, the chemical works

Deeply disfigured these poor wretched creatures are forced to hide themselves deep underground seeking the dark, only able to venture forth once the dark night has fallen and the uv rays can no longer torture their francium.

Brilliant Mr Brennanlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif..........

Yes we do 'glow' on a nightsmile.gif and that chemical works turned all the dogs yellowlaugh.gif......

hope to see you soon xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark

Hi Mark

wow!!! looks like a box office smash,might just give it a try,Mr Pearson back behind the wheels of steel as well............oh go on then
Guest rosemary

GOT MY ROOM BOOKED AT MAGILL MANSIONS FOR THE NIGHT, LOOKING FORWARD TO CATCHING UP WITH EVERYONE AGAIN

JANETTE X

hi Janettesmile.gif...... yes your room is booked, also have another booking for a Mr and Mrs Fearnheadsmile.gif......

see you on the 9th for fun, fun and even more funlaugh.gif

Guest toffee lady

post-4169-12695489890943_thumb.png

You coming then Mr B?, oh go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!

You know you want to !

Paul looks quite good in his new all niter co-promoter outfit

Janette x

Edited by toffee lady
Guest xsquadie

Hi All

Wendy and me will defo be at this one...

Plus if anyone out there in cyber land knows me and wendy I am celebrating my 50th( hard to belive I know) at this top night. I get the feeling it might get messy!!!!! So hopefully will see some of the usual suspects at Bradford.

Mines a Cider

Simon and Wendy

Hi All

Wendy and me will defo be at this one...

Plus if anyone out there in cyber land knows me and wendy I am celebrating my 50th( hard to belive I know) at this top night. I get the feeling it might get messy!!!!! So hopefully will see some of the usual suspects at Bradford.

Mines a Cider

Simon and Wendy

Hi Simon

Lookin forward to seeing you both again!

There's a few birthdays that we'll be celebrating on the night, so it should be an even dafter night than usual...lol :thumbsup:

cheers paul

Guest Paul Brennan

wow!!! looks like a box office smash,might just give it a try,Mr Pearson back behind the wheels of steel as well............oh go on then

Yes, quality line up Mick, one not to be missed.

Hi Simon

Lookin forward to seeing you both again!

There's a few birthdays that we'll be celebrating on the night, so it should be an even dafter night than usual...lol :lol:

cheers paul

so many birthdays, its gonna be a good 1, i will be celebrating my 50th at this soul party, so paul if you know anyone else whos having a 50th that weekend we could join forces + try + get a telegram off the queenlaugh.giflaugh.gif cya soon mate..RICHARD

Guest rosemary

so many birthdays, its gonna be a good 1, i will be celebrating my 50th at this soul party, so paul if you know anyone else whos having a 50th that weekend we could join forces + try + get a telegram off the queenlaugh.giflaugh.gif cya soon mate..RICHARD

Richard and Simon's 50th Birthdayssmile.gif...... I'll have to make a cakeyes.gif.

but I'm not buying 100 candles laugh.gif.

Richard and Simon's 50th Birthdayssmile.gif...... I'll have to make a cakeyes.gif.

but I'm not buying 100 candles laugh.gif.

It's also my very special mate... Wendy Fearnheads birthday too !

I might splash out and buy a couple of bags of crisps... :thumbup::yes:

Its gonna be another top night :thumbup:

Guest rosemary

It's also my very special mate... Wendy Fearnheads birthday too !

I might splash out and buy a couple of bags of crisps... :lol::yes:

Its gonna be another top night :yes:

And Wendy's birthdayyes.gif...... this cake I'm baking will be enormous Mr Harris, you'll be able to jump out of itlaugh.gif.

Guest Paul Brennan

You coming then Mr B?, - Maybe, but I'm on a late next Friday, I will give you a call & sort something out.

Paul looks quite good in his promoter outfit - Yes all those visits to gym seem to be paying off finally, unless he's been on 10 years younger and not let on?

Paul xx

Guest rosemary

hi rosemary, dont worry about the candlesthumbsup.gif im sure i,ve got an old miners lamp we could usebiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Richard, I've an old Davy lamp....that'll will do the trickthumbsup.gif.

see you next Friday, you'll love the new venuethumbsup.gif...... its in a basement, our own entrance/bar/toilets etc and its very very darkyes.gif

Here is a reminder for the directions from the M62 - M606:

At the end of the M606, take the Ring Road East, turn Left past McDonalds

You will then pass Yorkshire Building Society, continue straight forward over the roundabout past Asda & The Cross Keys Pub all on your left

At the next Roundabout take the first left A650 (City Centre)

Go past The Gallopers Pub on your left to roundabout and take the second exit, when you see The Churchill Pub on your right, turn immediate left onto Leicester Street.

Please Note There Are two Clubs On Leicester Street, go to the second club on your right.

The entrance to The Presidents Suite is the second door down the right hand side of the venue, you do not need to go into the main club.

The main car park is at the rear left hand side of club and there are also additional car parking spaces around the venue

The Presidents Suite

East Bowling Unity Club

Leicester Street

East Bowling

Bradford

BD4 7JS

It's easy to find!

Guest rosemary

Well this is getting rather close now, so i thought i would do a bit of digging in my record boxes and sort a few tunes out that i might play on the nite, hopefully a little different, giving Bradford a taste of south coast soulthumbsup.gif

Hi Tim, looking forward to hearing the 'south coast soul'thumbsup.gif

Not long now til the rare/underplayed nightyes.gif and the three birthdaysyes.gif..... it's going to be fun and frolics biggrin.gif

Well this is getting rather close now, so i thought i would do a bit of digging in my record boxes and sort a few tunes out that i might play on the nite, hopefully a little different, giving Bradford a taste of south coast soulthumbsup.gif

Really looking forward to it Tim, its always good to hear other peoples selections :hatsoff2:

Guest rosemary

Soz Tony, I couldnt resist...lol.. :hatsoff2:

We're having a circus as wellph34r.gif, great news Mr Harristhumbsup.gif........ can I be the lion tamer cause I've already got a whipwicked.gifwicked.gif....... laugh.gif