2010-07-30: Monumental Soul On Sea July 30Th-1St Aug

Dearest MonuMENTAL Soul people,

Gluttons for punishment that we are, We have now finalised all the arrangements for the second MonuMENTAL Soul-On-Sea, Quality Crossover & Modern Soul Weekend at The Grove Bar, Clacton-On-Sea on the Essex Sunshine Coast on Friday 30th July 2010.

We have exclusive use of 4 hotels adjacent to the venue and only seconds from Clacton beach, and the famous Clacton Pier. All hotel rooms are en-suite, comfortable and well decorated in a contemporary style with TV and tea & coffee making facilities.

The Grove bar is a MonuMENTAL seaside home from home, with a wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff, leather sofas & a wooden floor made for dancing.....

The weekend starts at 4pm on Friday 30th July through to 6pm on Sunday 1st August, with at least 2am finish on Friday and Saturday nights. There will also be an alternative room this year, although we haven't exactly decided on a format yet - it will just be a bonus.

A summer weekend of great soul music and great company at a great venue....

Your MonuMENTAL DJs for the weekend are:

Bully

Steve Cole

Gareth Donovan

Neil "Nelly" Forbes

Niki Golding

Mark Houghton

Andy Jones

Ivor Jones

Mole

John Pearson

Andy "Tats" Taylor

Mark "Binsy" Taylor

Paul Thrower

plus guest collectors**

£95 weekend pass with two nights accommodation including full english breakfast (Ocean Club & Langtry Hotels)

£85 weekend pass with two nights accommodation without breakfast (Lemon Tree & Pier Hotels)

£40 weekend pass no accommodation

£20 day pass only

£20 deposit secures place. Balance payable by 30th June 2010.

We have reserved all 68 rooms in the above four hotels to ensure we have exclusive use. The Lemon Tree hotel is the venue hotel and The Pier Hotel is directly opposite. The Ocean Club and Langtry Hotels are lovely hotels, a bit more genteel and serve breakfast.

We are using the Lemon Tree dining room as a second room/record sellers room therefore decided against doing breakfasts here. There is a cafe in The Pier Hotel or Weatherspoons round the corner where you can get breakfast for less than three quid - at any time of the day.

You decide which hotel you prefer. We will do our utmost to meet all your requests for being in a particular hotel, the same hotel as your mates etc so let us know as you book. There are a very limited number of singles (some will have a supplement to pay) and trebles. First come first served.

We are a little more limited on space than we were last year so numbers will be strictly limited to 150 people. Those who came last year will have priority to book until Sunday 14th March, then bookings will be open to all after Monday 15th. Weekend and day passes will be available, but there will be absolutely no 'walk in' admittance for the entire weekend.

£20 deposit per person secures place. E-mail, phone or text me (Niki: 0207 538 5503 or 07960 953008) and let me know the cheque is in the post and I'll reserve your room/s. Cheques preferred this year, we will accept PayPal but unfortunately there will have to be a small booking fee for this (e.g. 70p for £20 deposit) sorry. See www.monumentalsoul.co.uk/booking.htm for address details and PayPal Button link.

**If you would like a collectors spot please register your interest. We are not sure exactly how many spots will be available this year, but priority will be given to those who did not do a spot last year. You must let us know if you are already down to play at any other soul weekends!

Record sellers welcome at no additional charge and secure overnight room available, please reserve a space.

The buzz last year was amazing and the response afterwards was phenomenal. It is fair to say we encountered a few problems last year, but we have gone to great pains to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible this year and we don't promise anything we can't deliver. We hope all our MonuMENTAL friends can join us for what promises to be another memorable weekend!

Niki, Girth & Mole

xx

Website www.monumentalsoul.co.uk

Join Our Facebook Group https://www.facebook....?gid=5453183110

Podcasts https://www.podomatic.../monumentalsoul

post-1482-12679574688045_thumb.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dearest MonuMENTAL Soul people,

Gluttons for punishment that we are, We have now finalised all the arrangements for the second MonuMENTAL Soul-On-Sea, Quality Crossover & Modern Soul Weekend at The Grove Bar, Clacton-On-Sea on the Essex Sunshine Coast on Friday 30th July 2010.

We have exclusive use of 4 hotels adjacent to the venue and only seconds from Clacton beach, and the famous Clacton Pier. All hotel rooms are en-suite, comfortable and well decorated in a contemporary style with TV and tea & coffee making facilities.

The Grove bar is a MonuMENTAL seaside home from home, with a wonderful atmosphere, friendly staff, leather sofas & a wooden floor made for dancing.....

The weekend starts at 4pm on Friday 30th July through to 6pm on Sunday 1st August, with at least 2am finish on Friday and Saturday nights. There will also be an alternative room this year, although we haven't exactly decided on a format yet - it will just be a bonus.

A summer weekend of great soul music and great company at a great venue....

Your MonuMENTAL DJs for the weekend are:

Bully

Steve Cole

Gareth Donovan

Neil "Nelly" Forbes

Niki Golding

Mark Houghton

Andy Jones

Ivor Jones

Mole

John Pearson

Andy "Tats" Taylor

Mark "Binsy" Taylor

Paul Thrower

plus guest collectors**

£95 weekend pass with two nights accommodation including full english breakfast (Ocean Club & Langtry Hotels)

£85 weekend pass with two nights accommodation without breakfast (Lemon Tree & Pier Hotels)

£40 weekend pass no accommodation

£20 day pass only

£20 deposit secures place. Balance payable by 30th June 2010.

We have reserved all 68 rooms in the above four hotels to ensure we have exclusive use. The Lemon Tree hotel is the venue hotel and The Pier Hotel is directly opposite. The Ocean Club and Langtry Hotels are lovely hotels, a bit more genteel and serve breakfast.

We are using the Lemon Tree dining room as a second room/record sellers room therefore decided against doing breakfasts here. There is a cafe in The Pier Hotel or Weatherspoons round the corner where you can get breakfast for less than three quid - at any time of the day.

You decide which hotel you prefer. We will do our utmost to meet all your requests for being in a particular hotel, the same hotel as your mates etc so let us know as you book. There are a very limited number of singles (some will have a supplement to pay) and trebles. First come first served.

We are a little more limited on space than we were last year so numbers will be strictly limited to 150 people. Those who came last year will have priority to book until Sunday 14th March, then bookings will be open to all after Monday 15th. Weekend and day passes will be available, but there will be absolutely no 'walk in' admittance for the entire weekend.

£20 deposit per person secures place. E-mail, phone or text me (Niki: 0207 538 5503 or 07960 953008) and let me know the cheque is in the post and I'll reserve your room/s. Cheques preferred this year, we will accept PayPal but unfortunately there will have to be a small booking fee for this (e.g. 70p for £20 deposit) sorry. See www.monumentalsoul.co.uk/booking.htm for address details and PayPal Button link.

**If you would like a collectors spot please register your interest. We are not sure exactly how many spots will be available this year, but priority will be given to those who did not do a spot last year. You must let us know if you are already down to play at any other soul weekends!

Record sellers welcome at no additional charge and secure overnight room available, please reserve a space.

The buzz last year was amazing and the response afterwards was phenomenal. It is fair to say we encountered a few problems last year, but we have gone to great pains to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible this year and we don't promise anything we can't deliver. We hope all our MonuMENTAL friends can join us for what promises to be another memorable weekend!

Niki, Girth & Mole

xx

Great news put me down for a collectors spot if i may be so bold wicked.gif representing the Northwest contingent

already in mine and Debs diary bring it on

Great news put me down for a collectors spot if i may be so bold wicked.gif representing the Northwest contingent

forgot to mention also think tracy and taffy will be there and we reckon the genteel hotel will suit us cave dwellers how do we pay depositthumbup.gif

forgot to mention also think tracy and taffy will be there and we reckon the genteel hotel will suit us cave dwellers how do we pay deposit

Hiya Flanny,

Putting you down on the 1st reserve list. You playing any other weekends this year? whistling.gif

Genteel hotel it is. Stick a kite in the post if possible. Check https://www.monumentalsoul.co.uk/booking.htm for everything you need to know.

The Grove Bar has got Speckled Hen on tap btw.........

Niki

x

Missed this last year because ......doh!!!

So can I please put my name down on the "reserve" list for myself & the lovely Victoria, at one of the more "genteel" hotels - I do like my breakfasts, same hotel as Flanny & the Flanettes, would be great.

Thanks very much,

Kev

Kev,

Will be great to see you there. Will try my best to put you all in the same hotel, but they are all within seconds of each other anyway. A lovely little cosy seaside set up!!!

Niki

x

Looking forward to it already - nice hot sunny weekend in Essex

Bring it on

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Debs x

We have ordered up the sunshine for this year again Debs! shades.gif

Accommodation in our reserved hotels is now extremely limited. We have 14 rooms left as follows:

(without breakfast)

Lemon Tree 1 x twin

Pier 4 x twin, 4 double, 1 x treble

(with breakfast)

Ocean Club 1 x treble

Langtry 2 x twin, 1 x single

Please contact me (Niki: 0207 538 5503 or 07960 953008) before booking to confirm availability of your room choice.

Cheers

Niki

x

• 2 months later...

Here we go people, just a few weeks away from Mental on Sea Two, looking forward to getting some new pictures of myself in a stoopid hat, and maybe taking a dip in the sea....... very few rooms left available now - after that just weekend & day passes left, you'll have to sort your own accommodation.

More details of our guest collectors coming very soon.......watch this space and get your soul ready for a top up.....

Here we go people, just a few weeks away from Mental on Sea Two, looking forward to getting some new pictures of myself in a stoopid hat, and maybe taking a dip in the sea....... very few rooms left available now - after that just weekend & day passes left, you'll have to sort your own accommodation.

More details of our guest collectors coming very soon.......watch this space and get your soul ready for a top up.....

Last years was great fun, loads of nonsense, drinking and even some great music playedhatsoff2.gif

Last years was great fun, loads of nonsense, drinking and even some great music playedhatsoff2.gif

Loads of nonsense music, and i'm sure we'll all be fighting over that honeymoon suite you had the pleasure of enjoying.........i'm off now to have another look at THAT picture..... :lol:

Girf

Loads of nonsense music, and i'm sure we'll all be fighting over that honeymoon suite you had the pleasure of enjoying.........i'm off now to have another look at THAT picture..... :ph34r:

Girf

When we saw that room we knew only one one person would appreciate the "Pink Palace" as the picture confirm.

Would have made a great Denise La Salle album cover!

Johnny.

We have now SOLD OUT of rooms for Monumental Soul-On-Sea Two for the weekend of July 30th.

Weekend and day passes are still available. Please contact us to reserve. If you have yet to pay your balance for the weekend, we would be really grateful if you could get cheques to us as soon as possible. See you in exactly one month!Niki, Gareth & Mole

www.monumentalsoul.co.uk

It was the Binsy "Pink Palace" photo that did it :ohmy: !!

Mark H

Guest Brett F

Only a matter of weeks, if anyone hasn't been to Monumental or the Filthy Soul events in London, then from a northern viewpoint (geographical reference only) this is for me one of the best weekenders in the UK today, i wouldn't miss it for anything, great line up of dj's, and a genuine friendly vibe surrounds this top drawer event, bring it on.

Brett

Guest Niki

Only a matter of weeks, if anyone hasn't been to Monumental or the Filthy Soul events in London, then from a northern viewpoint (geographical reference only) this is for me one of the best weekenders in the UK today, i wouldn't miss it for anything, great line up of dj's, and a genuine friendly vibe surrounds this top drawer event, bring it on.

Brett

High praise indeed Mr. Franklin.... is this because you know we're finalising the DJ spots? wink.gif Don't forget to bring your F J Jones and Brad Lundy....:ohmy:

Guest Niki

We have another fantastic line up of guest collectors honouring us with sets at this year's MonuMENTAL Soul-On-Sea... including

Tracy Mulholland and Debbie Flanders on their MENTAL debut, Kevin Oxberry, Little Reg Stickings, Pat Biggerstaff, Blake Helliwell and Chris Bangs.

Full DJ times tomorrow!

Guest Niki

DJ Times

MAIN ROOM

Fri 4 Andy Jones

5 John Pearson

6 Mole

7 Stevie Cee

8 Mark Houghton

9 Niki

10 Binsy

11 Gareth Donovan

12 Paul Thrower

1 Tats & Bully

Sat 10 Del & Spenny

11 Mark Piggott

12 Reg Stickings

1 Blake Helliwell

2 Tracy & Debbie

3 Flanny

4 Kevin Oxberry

5 Pat Biggerstaff

6 Bully

7 Binsy

8 Neil Forbes

9 Tats

10 Niki

11 Ivor Jones

12 Mole

1 Andy Jones

Sun 10 Alan Cottee

11 Geoff Green

12 Lee Rothman

1 Wayne Arbon

2 Brett Franklin

3 John Pearson

4 Neil Forbes

5 Niki Girth & Mole

ALTERNATIVE ROOM

Fri 6 Gareth & Del

7 Gareth & Del

8 Tats

9 Bully

10 Neil Forbes

11 Chris Bangs

Sat 4 Paul Murphy

5 Marcus Bell

6 Gareth Donovan

7 Paul Thrower

8 John Pearson

9 Mark Houghton

10 Stevie Cee

11 Del

Guest Niki

Nelly, Girf and I will be up at Just Soul tomorrow. If anyone is interested in day or weekend passes - collar us up there.

For those asking for details of nearby accommodation, we recommend The Comfort Hotel as the next nearest and nicest.

Comfort Hotel

6-8 Marine Parade West

Clacton-on-Sea

CO15 1RD

Tel: 01255 422716

www.comforthotelclacton.co.uk

Please don't delay looking for accommodation as Clacton does get very busy during peak season and the hotels do get busy. Of course there are loads of Hotels and B&Bs in Clacton, try to get one near to Clacton Pier and the Central Seafront area to be near to our venue (Orwell Road/Marine Parade East).

If you are looking for a room, do let us know in case we get any cancellations or spare rooms coming up.

Only three weeks...... :o)

Guest Niki

Please don't delay looking for accommodation as Clacton does get very busy during peak season and the hotels do get busy.

........... or you may end up in a pink palace like Binsy did last year :lol:

I've just gone blind........

Why? Did a half naked Binsy languishing on a pink bedspread help you reach the money shot :hatsoff2: Or was it the pine wardrobes...

So sorry we can't make it - it clashes with the annual week/weekend that my mother goes on a residential thing near Preston (so can't have my children) AND my baby boy is 8 on the Monday

Maybe next year, I could persuade the children we should have a "holiday in Clacton that involves meeting lots of odd people and listening to Mum and Dad music til late at night" Or as they'll be a little older I may be able to persuade a friend to have them for the weekend :hatsoff2:

Hope everyone has a fab time - especially the girls that will be debuting their double act 2pm Saturday

Dear MonuMENTAL: people,

Just over two weeks to go now to our second annual jolly to Clacton-On-Sea. We still have a few weekend or weekend passes, just contact us to reserve. For those asking for details of nearby accommodation, the following Hotels/B&B are closest to the venue:

Comfort Hotel

6-8 Marine Parade West

Clacton-on-Sea

CO15 1RD

Tel: 01255 422716

www.comforthotelclacton.co.uk

Esplanade Hotel

27-29 Marine Parade East

Clacton-on-Sea

CO15 1UU

Tel: 01255 220450

www.esplanadehoteluk.com

The Sandrock Guest House

1 Penfold Rd

Clacton-on-Sea

CO15 1JN

Tel: 01255 428215

www.sandrockhotel.com

Please don't delay looking for accommodation as Clacton does get very busy during summer season and the hotels do get busy. Of course there are loads of Hotels and B&Bs in Clacton, try to get one near to Clacton Pier and the Central Seafront area to be near to our venue (Orwell Road/Marine Parade East).

Niki and Gareth will be at Soulgate this weekend if you require a day/weekend pass.

See you in a fortnight!

Niki, Girf & Mole

Guest Brett F

It's only a matter of days away, and I've just seen that photograph of young Binsy on that Brothel inspired fuchsia bed spread, and it's given me a bad case of the soaking sweats. This year I'm bringing my own personal mental health nurse with me, Mark Etheridge is an excellent professional and has been instructed to use a chemical cosh on me at any given moment. A considerableYorkshire incursion is awaiting this coastal resort, I have a 24/7 hotline to my own lawyer Mr Richard Buckley, he is wrapped up in a heinous case at the Old Bailey, but assures me that I will probably need him at some God forsaken hour. We intend to hit the floor running at 4pm on the Friday and not sleep while the following Monday, I have also got detailed medical advice from my long suffering Doctor, who has supplied me with vitamin enhanced fluids, this will be the only solids I'll need or even get during a weekend of pure mayhem. I fully expect to be arrested back on my arrival in South Yorkshire; I'll have broken no law......Except every one of Man and God………. Oh and the music will be good too…………..

Brett

Edited by Brett F

It's only a matter of days away, and I've just seen that photograph of young Binsy on that Brothel inspired fuchsia bed spread, and it's given me a bad case of the soaking sweats. This year I'm bringing my own personal mental health nurse with me, Mark Etheridge is an excellent professional and has been instructed to use a chemical cosh on me at any given moment. A considerableYorkshire incursion is awaiting this coastal resort, I have a 24/7 hotline to my own lawyer Mr Richard Buckley, he is wrapped up in a heinous case at the Old Bailey, but assures me that I will probably need him at some God forsaken hour. We intend to hit the floor running at 4pm on the Friday and not sleep while the following Monday, I have also got detailed medical advice from my long suffering Doctor, who has supplied me with vitamin enhanced fluids, this will be the only solids I'll need or even get during a weekend of pure mayhem. I fully expect to be arrested back on my arrival in South Yorkshire; I'll have broken no law......Except every one of Man and God.......... Oh and the music will be good too..............

Brett

:yes::boxing:

Despite the above revelations, I'm still looking forward to this one :boxing::thumbsup: ....

DJ Times

MAIN ROOM

Fri 4 Andy Jones

5 John Pearson

6 Mole

7 Stevie Cee

8 Mark Houghton

9 Niki

10 Binsy

11 Gareth Donovan

12 Paul Thrower

1 Tats & Bully

Sat 10 Del & Spenny

11 Mark Piggott

12 Reg Stickings

1 Blake Helliwell

2 Tracy & Debbie

3 Flanny

4 Kevin Oxberry

5 Pat Biggerstaff

6 Bully

7 Binsy

8 Neil Forbes

9 Tats

10 Niki

11 Ivor Jones

12 Mole

1 Andy Jones

Sun 10 Alan Cottee

11 Geoff Green

12 Lee Rothman

1 Wayne Arbon

2 Brett Franklin

3 John Pearson

4 Neil Forbes

5 Niki Girth & Mole

ALTERNATIVE ROOM

Fri 6 Gareth & Del

7 Gareth & Del

8 Tats

9 Bully

10 Neil Forbes

11 Chris Bangs

Sat 4 Paul Murphy

5 Marcus Bell

6 Gareth Donovan

7 Paul Thrower

8 John Pearson

9 Mark Houghton

10 Stevie Cee

11 Del

Some heavyweight spinners on there Niki and Neil (the Tats & Bully Friday Night session must be approaching 50 stone! :yes:)

Seriously guys, that looks a fantastically soulful weekend coming up, which I'm only sorry I won't be able to attend, due to other (sh*te) commitments.

Have yourselves a great one!

:thumbsup:

Sean

We have just had a single room come free in The Ocean Club.... unfortunately poor Ady Pountain came off his bike and broke his arm so he won't be able to make it. We wish him a speedy recovery.

If there is anyone thinking of coming and wanting a single give me a call on 07960 953008

Dear MENTAL people,

Only two days away from the wonderous event that is MonuMENTAL Soul-On-Sea 2010. For those who can't make it we will be broadcasting live on www.starpointradio.com at various times over the weekend - including our live finale from 4pm to 6pm on Sunday afternoon. Starpoint times are highlighted in BOLD on the schedule below.

But don't sit at home on your Jack Jones listening to the radio. Come on down to Clacton and join the friendliest crowd you could wish to meet and hear some great music. The T-shirts are being printed - we'll be getting ours...

DJ Times

MAIN ROOM

Fri 4 Andy Jones

5 John Pearson

6 Mole

7 Stevie Cee

8 Mark Houghton

9 Niki

10 Binsy

11 Gareth Donovan

12 Paul Thrower

1 Tats & Bully