2010-07-30: Monumental Soul On Sea July 30Th-1St Aug

Well everyone either seems to be Too Hungover or just scared to comment on the Weekend, so I will be the first to add my two peneth' worth on my take on it....!

Arrived at around 5:15 on Friday at the gig, and it was certainly a lot cleaner than the venue last year...with Darcy & Nelly being unemployed this year ..............the light sockets did not have any bare wires hanging out of them........LOL !

There seemed to be a good open minded crowd there, who were up for anything, the problem for me was that the bar was open and to be fair was very reasonably priced, and no one had ordered me about having a bath in Stella, before Tats & My spot........ So the end of Friday Night, saw the Bulmeister General applying some very nifty Torch Moves...............no not the venue in Stoke, but the battery powered variety.....you had to be there!

To be quite honest.................Later On on Friday is very much of a blur...............! Cannot remember getting home....... took Mark Houghton's record bag........Very Messy, and that was just the contents of Mark's bag.

Saturday...........up with the lark... caught a spot of breakfast and very nice it was too, then out for an early morning brace walk to shake of the cobwebs......... and what was left of the Stella Bath the night before. Darcy came with me, had a walk round Clacton..................... I think that I once spent a week there one tuesday afternoon.........makes Skegness look plush!

Anyway, me and Darcy spent an hour putting the world to rights and then we went into the venue at around 10:50 and I started with an hair of the dog, which although it took some getting down, got me back into the swing of things.................. had a great crack on Saturday dinner, Ivor Jones made an early arrival and got covered in seagull shit all over his shorts which went rather fetching with his "Care in the Community" style shoes he was fashioning.... said that he had tried to get another pair, but couldn't........................lucky bugger!

Raided Taffy's bargain boxes and got quite an haul from them, happy days...........!

Went into the main room and caught Blake Helliwell's spot which was very very good.........! Then came on Traci & Debbie, again a great spot, then Flanny & Oxo after them, and Pat Biggerstaff who was allowed a 5 hour window of opportunity from his Mrs................so was racing about like Lewis Hamilton.......... I then played, and really enjoyed playing my spot Thanks for that Niki, Girth & Mole.......... and it is nice to be able to see your records without a torch....LOL!

Binsy came next and I really enjoyed Binsy's spot, some really nice tunes played by the Binsmeister!............... Nice One Centurion!

I missed Nelly's spot, because I went back to get changed etc....!

Saturday Night, I got to witness a master class from two of the best DJ's on the scene..... Tats lifted the place to another level when he came on, and then when Ivor came on he just played a blinder.............. Ivor's first record master stroke.........totally out of the blue..! PAR EXCELLENCE!

When you watch guys like Ivor & Tats it is a real pleasure, to see them work a floor................. some can, some can't, I just wish I could like these two...........I feel it is a case of Moses Smith...................."Keep On Striving"

Saturday, the Stella was on hold and I was drinking the Mixed Fruits Kopperberg..........so my memory can still hold some of the experience..........!

Great Times!

All in All, a Blinding Weekend................Blinding Drunk for most of it...!

Roll On Next Year............. !

Bully.................Torch Boy Supremewink.gif

• Replies 82
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Torchy the Battery Boy - hahahahhahhahhaaaaaaaaaaa :yes:

Absolutely brilliant weekend! Too zonked to reply properly just yet, but will be back with playlists, photos, videos etc later. Can somebody look after my child and my dog while I sleep for a few days please?

Torchy the Battery Boy - hahahahhahhahhaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Absolutely brilliant weekend! Too zonked to reply properly just yet, but will be back with playlists, photos, videos etc later. Can somebody look after my child and my dog while I sleep for a few days please?

Fantastic company, some wonderful spots from a lot of people. Got to agree with Bully regarding Tats and Ivor. Just glad to be part of such a great group of people. So many funny,drunken,touching moments I'd need a few hours to tell it all.

Just feel priveliged to have such great friends.

Edited by binsy

Well I have almost recovered from a truly memorable, and completely stress free (from an organisers pont of view), weekend. I must say my thank yous:

First and foremost to everyone that attended. Thank you for your company. What a wonderful atmosphere, and what happy friendly soul people. Up dancing before 11am and calling for one more at the end of every session. We even got some tears at the end. You did us proud. We really could not wish for better people. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the fun and laughs all weekend. Must say an honourable mention to the Wakey crew - legends all. Happy 50th to Chris and thanks for all the laughs. Also, to John & Linda you were missed, sending you all our love and support at this sad time.

Thanks to ALL the DJs. Kept me smiling, dancing and singing my head off from start to finish. Fantastic. All those guest collectors who truly honoured us with their music. Honourable mentions to Tracy Mulholand and Debbie Flanders for their brilliant Saturday afternoon - their first ever DJ set in front of discerning crowd and they were fantastic. No stopping them now! Also to Chris Bangs for sorting out the sound in the Alternative Room on Friday and playing a couple of perfect "alternative" sets for us in there. Superb.

Thanks to Terry Madhatter and Alan Cottee for the great T-shirts and to all the record sellers and collectors for a memorable "Open Decks" session in the other room. Gotta say thanks to Taffy and his £3 records (somehow acquired an old record shop stock of 65,000 mint 45s!). Gareth played The Dells "Closer" during the last hour and suddenly Taffy got a run on Dells sevens. Hilarious.

Thanks to Del & Spenny for the crisp sound system, which could be heard a few streets away. The sound really is awesome and does justice to our music - drunken DJs notwithstanding. LOL. And thanks to Carl & Spot at Starpointradio for broadcasting our little weekend to the World, and to Zane Hunter for taking the time and trouble to record those Starpoint broadcasts so we can all relive the experience.

And lastly the apologies.... sorry the sun didn't shine as much as last year.... sorry about the Seagulls waking us up at 6am every morning.... :oS.... will do better next time! ;o) Seriously, I can't think of anything else but if you have any suggestions we will take all your comments on board and strive for an even better experience NEXT YEAR. Yes.... MonuMENTAL Soul-On-Sea 3 - August 5th to 7th 2011. Save the date, but we won't be collecting money until next year. This year's attendees will have priority booking again of course.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6645151&l=19a5bcb3bf&id=677300048

Look out on Facebook and You Tube for photos and videos.

See you next year!

Niki

xx

Have to say what a weekend,some great sets,good company and plenty of laughs.Really enjoyed our little double deck with Brett on Sunday:thumbsup: .

Is it me or is it taking longer to recover these days:ohmy: .Big thx to Niki,Girth and Mole for putting on a great weekend,roll on 2011:beer: :thumbsup: .

Wayne.

Guest Brett F

Absolutely top drawer weekender, i had a ball, had great fun double decking with Wayne on the Sunday, thanks to all the organisers for putting all the effort into gathering a special selection of soul fans all under one roof, sorry to my mate Mark E who i locked out of the room all night !!,Thanks to Bully for breaking my leg and buying me one of those Dells singles from Taffy, and special mention to Del for giving me one of the best records i've ever had.........KILLER...mate.

Brett thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Well I have almost recovered from a truly memorable, and completely stress free (from an organisers pont of view), weekend. I must say my thank yous:

First and foremost to everyone that attended. Thank you for your company. What a wonderful atmosphere, and what happy friendly soul people. Up dancing before 11am and calling for one more at the end of every session. We even got some tears at the end. You did us proud. We really could not wish for better people. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the fun and laughs all weekend. Must say an honourable mention to the Wakey crew - legends all. Happy 50th to Chris and thanks for all the laughs. Also, to John & Linda you were missed, sending you all our love and support at this sad time.

Thanks to ALL the DJs. Kept me smiling, dancing and singing my head off from start to finish. Fantastic. All those guest collectors who truly honoured us with their music. Honourable mentions to Tracy Mulholand and Debbie Flanders for their brilliant Saturday afternoon - their first ever DJ set in front of discerning crowd and they were fantastic. No stopping them now! Also to Chris Bangs for sorting out the sound in the Alternative Room on Friday and playing a couple of perfect "alternative" sets for us in there. Superb.

Thanks to Terry Madhatter and Alan Cottee for the great T-shirts and to all the record sellers and collectors for a memorable "Open Decks" session in the other room. Gotta say thanks to Taffy and his £3 records (somehow acquired an old record shop stock of 65,000 mint 45s!). Gareth played The Dells "Closer" during the last hour and suddenly Taffy got a run on Dells sevens. Hilarious.

Thanks to Del & Spenny for the crisp sound system, which could be heard a few streets away. The sound really is awesome and does justice to our music - drunken DJs notwithstanding. LOL. And thanks to Carl & Spot at Starpointradio for broadcasting our little weekend to the World, and to Zane Hunter for taking the time and trouble to record those Starpoint broadcasts so we can all relive the experience.

And lastly the apologies.... sorry the sun didn't shine as much as last year.... sorry about the Seagulls waking us up at 6am every morning.... :oS.... will do better next time! ;o) Seriously, I can't think of anything else but if you have any suggestions we will take all your comments on board and strive for an even better experience NEXT YEAR. Yes.... MonuMENTAL Soul-On-Sea 3 - August 5th to 7th 2011. Save the date, but we won't be collecting money until next year. This year's attendees will have priority booking again of course.

https://www.facebook....bf&id=677300048

Look out on Facebook and You Tube for photos and videos.

See you next year!

Niki

xx

Thanks sooo much Niki for your lovely comments on what was a truely memorable experience and your bravery for letting us loose on the decks::lol: :

The whole weekend was amazing from start to finish Great music Great company and a Great big hangover::thumbsup: roll on next year.

Respect

Debbie Flanders

Edited by Flanny

Sad we didn't make it, but this might help

Here are download links for the Friday sets that were on Starpoint:

DJ Times - MAIN ROOM

9 Niki

https://MonuMENTALNiki30Jul10.notlong.com

10 Binsy

https://MonuMENTALBinsy30Jul10.notlong.com

11 Gareth Donovan

https://MonuMENTALGarethDonovan30Jul10.notlong.com

12 Paul Thrower

https://MonuMENTALPaulThrower30Jul10.notlong.com

Full Recording

https://MonuMENTALweekendFullFriday.notlong.com

Sat 10

1 Blake Helliwell (sadly, only the second half of Blake's set, as I hadn't been aware that it was being broadcast)

https://MonuMENTALBlakeHelliwell31Jul10.notlong.com

2 Tracy & Debbie

https://MonuMENTALTracyDebbie31Jul10.notlong.com

3 Flanny

https://MonuMENTALFlanny31Jul10.notlong.com

4 Kevin Oxberry

https://MonuMENTALKevinOxberry31Jul10.notlong.com

More to follow when I can get a chance.....

Best wishes,

Zane

Guest judithcashelle

Just about come round from what I can only describe as one of the smoothest events I have been to, it was as Brett says truely top drawer, with every DJ playing outstanding tunes for us!!!!! Fanbloodytasticthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif fantastic like minded people who would wish for anything more!!!!!

It was our first monumetal experience but most certainly won't be our last, put our names on the list for next year, we will stay over on the sunday night as we hated having to leave while it was still going on!wink.gif

I just want to thank whoever it was that mentioned we should give it a go, while stood outside Just Soul ( Sorry I can't remember your name .........full of Gin again ! )

Special thanks to Del for groovinhatsoff2.gifand Bully let me have your address for the physio bill for the bleedin dead leg!!!!!

hope to see you all soon

love

Susan & Gary ( Sheffield )

Guest Brett F

CURTIS DAVIS AND THE ARKETTS CROSSFIRES BAND – TELL ME – RONNIE

THE 107TH STREET STICKBALL TEAM – ON OLD BROADWAY – DORADO

GLEN MILLER – WHERE IS THE LOVE – DOCTOR BIRD (UK)

ARTHUR ALEXANDER – I NEED YOU BABY – MONUMENT (DEMO)

LOREZ ALEXANDRIA – I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE - PZAZZ (DEMO)

THE WHISPERS – IT ONLY HURTS FOR A LITTLE WHILE – DORE'

HI- FI WHITE – I NEED SOMEBODY – SANDMAN

JOHNNIE MAE MATTHEWS – I HAVE NO CHOICE – BIG HIT

WILLIE WADE – COME INTO MY WORLD – NITE LIFE

THE VALS – IM STEPPING OUT WITH MY MEMORIES – ASCOT (DEMO)

BOBBY SHANNON – YOU'RE AN UPLIFT – TO-MAR

SHIRLEY BROWN – I CAN'T GIVE YOU UP – STAX UK (DEMO)

TONY BORDERS – PROMISE TO MYSELF – QUINVY

AL CHRISTIAN – I'M A LONELY MAN – CHANT

BRENDA STARR- SATAN, LET ME SEEP TONIGHT – POLYDOR (DEMO)

LITTLE SAMSON – DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVE – EL D

JOHNNY VANNELI – SOMETHING TO SLEEP ON – TOP TEN

JESSE HARRISON – NO MAN IS AN ISLAND – PACEMAKER

NOONEY RICKETT – PLAYER, PLAY ON – IT

JAMES SHORTER – MODERN DAY WOMAN – LA BEAT

TED TAYLOR – I WANT TO BE A PART OF YOU – RONN

BARRY SCRUGGS – AFTER ALL –EATON.

That was my spot in the alt room Saturday, mainly a mid-tempo 60's thing with a few xover killers………. Mainroom Sunday 2 hour special double-deck up with Wayne Arbon will follow.

BRETT

Edited by Brett F
Guest Brett F

Just a quick last word from me, I have the Friday recording of the show on (awesome stuff)…one memory came back, after Bully had taken me out with a vicious dead leg and put Gary Wade in an orthopedic bed all this week with the same foul move, I'm sure I saw the brute walk outside and fell a poor cripple called Timmy with the self same evil precision ( I may have made that last one up)laugh.gif…but this is the true bit, Bully went into the toilets ahead of me, I went to a standing position surrounded by more wounded souls,meanwhile our anti-Christ went to a cubicle and pulled the door behind him, I screamed 'I hope the b****** is sat down we can turn the **** over'…A voice boomed out…'I'm f****** stood up'…..then in a flash the door opened and I felt a shovel size fist hit my kidneys………………laugh.gif

It was that sort of a weekend, and I wouldn't change a thing.thumbsup.gif

LOLlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Brett F

Just a quick last word from me, I have the Friday recording of the show on (awesome stuff)...one memory came back, after Bully had taken me out with a vicious dead leg and put Gary Wade in an orthopedic bed all this week with the same foul move, I'm sure I saw the brute walk outside and fell a poor cripple called Timmy with the self same evil precision ( I may have made that last one up)laugh.gif...but this is the true bit, Bully went into the toilets ahead of me, I went to a standing position surrounded by more wounded souls,meanwhile our anti-Christ went to a cubicle and pulled the door behind him, I screamed 'I hope the b****** is sat down we can turn the **** over'...A voice boomed out...'I'm f****** stood up'.....then in a flash the door opened and I felt a shovel size fist hit my kidneys..................laugh.gif

It was that sort of a weekend, and I wouldn't change a thing.thumbsup.gif

Old Bully was rather lively on Friday night,i was being used has a punch bag in the hallway :ohmy: .When i tried to knee him back he went into overdrive with a treble special:lol: .

Good news was i got him back at breakfast in the morning and he could`t do nothing back cos he was under orders:ph34r: :thumbsup:

Have you remembered your play list part 2 yet Brett?:D

LOLlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I`m now finally beginning to recover from the weekend (it doesn`t help having Majestic Soul the day before and then working early the day after !!:no: )

In a nutshell Wow !!

Venue was great and ideal

Musically as expected was fantastic

A weekender full of great people singing, dancing (including All the dj`s) , drinking , laughing , eating (including a sunday afternoon chipfest !!:D ), buying records and talking (nonesense in many cases !! :lol: ............or was that just me !)

It was the only the second Monumental Soul on Sea but already it has firmly established itself as "must go" event on the Soul calender

Roll on number 3 !! :yes::thumbsup::D:ohmy:

Mark H

I can only echo what has already been said, a fantastic weekend,

thank you very much to Niki, Girth & Mole for all the hard work over

many months, it paid off ten fold.

The overriding factor for me is the lack of "egos" and its true to say

the music is the star here! You hear the records you think 'why do you

never hear that played out', a classic example being Paul Thrower

dropping Al Green's Love and Happiness to a rammed floor.

My Bully injury was being clamped by the neck and a big sloppy kiss

from him!!!

Top funny was Paul Stead complaining to the young barmaid that he had

lost his money in the vending machine in the gents, he said it was for

Chris Mcfails birthday present!

The gang gave me a spot on Saturday afternoon (checkout the

download) here's what I played.

William Bell, Yesterday I lied, Mercury LP

The Albert, One Life, Perception LP

Robert Upchurch, Devil made me do it, PIR

Harold Melvin, You know how to make me feel good, PIR

C M Lord, Oh Mama, Capitol

Phillip Mitchell, Little Things, Hi

Walter Heath, You know your wrong don't you brother, Buddah

Connie Austin, Ball of fire, King

Rick Thomson, What do I have to do, Columbia

Leroy Hutson, Right or wrong, RSO

Sharon Ridley, where did you learn to make love, Sussex

Wee Willey Walker, I don't want to take a chance, Kent

Freddie Scott, Girl I love you, Probe

Billy Kent, Take it all this time, Expo

Aretha Franklin, Cry like a baby, CBS

Tyrone Davis, Can I change my mind, Dakar

Charlie Mitchell, After Hours, Janus

Maze, The look in your eyes, Capitol

Dynamic Superiors, One Nighter, T Motown

Geraldine Hunt, Never never leave me, Roulette

Blake + Nicky

PS Massive thanks to Sonia for driving

Guest Brett F

DENNIS LEE/NOTABLES – SUNDAY AFTERNOON– JENMARK

GENE TOWNSEL – I'M WALKING AWAY – DOBRE (LP)

SAM NESBIT – CHASE THOSE CLOUDS AWAY – AMOS (DEMO)

ARETHA FRANKLIN – DAY DREAMING– ATLANTIC

DARROW FLETCHER – IT'S NO MISTAKE – CROSSOVER

CARMELITA – ROSEBUD – CARMEN

PAMOJA – OOOH BABY – KEIPER

TONY FOX – LOVE, LET LOVE AND BE LOVE – BLASTER (LP)* request

JACKIE WILSON – BEAUTIFUL DAY– BRUNSWICK (DEMO)

THE TERRIBLE FRANKIE NIEVES –TRUE LOVE – SPEED * request

MAXINE WELDON – I WANT SUNDAY BACK AGAIN – MONUMENT (DEMO LP)

DOLLY GILMORE – DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR'E THE YES – DOVE

RUBY – FEMININE INGENUITY –GOLD TOKEN

REY VILLAR AND THE ROYAL FLUSH – HEAVEN IS MY WITNESS – ECOBOLIC

NATE EVANS – MAIN SQUEEZE –TWINIGHT (DEMO)

RENALDO DOMINO – LET ME COME WITHIN – TWINIGHT

BOBBY SHANNON – I GET MY GROOVE FROM YOU – TO-MAR

BRAD LUNDY – I WANT TO SHARE –LUNDY

JERRY WASHINGTON – DON'T WASTE MY TIME – GLADES

MAIN ROOM SPOT SUNDAY…(think that was it, my have missed odd one ?)

PS big thanks to Del & Spenny for their top sound system and support.

Edited by Brett F

CURTIS DAVIS AND THE ARKETTS CROSSFIRES BAND - TELL ME - RONNIE

THE 107TH STREET STICKBALL TEAM - ON OLD BROADWAY - DORADO

GLEN MILLER - WHERE IS THE LOVE - DOCTOR BIRD (UK)

ARTHUR ALEXANDER - I NEED YOU BABY - MONUMENT (DEMO)

LOREZ ALEXANDRIA - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE - PZAZZ (DEMO)

THE WHISPERS - IT ONLY HURTS FOR A LITTLE WHILE - DORE'

HI- FI WHITE - I NEED SOMEBODY - SANDMAN

JOHNNIE MAE MATTHEWS - I HAVE NO CHOICE - BIG HIT

WILLIE WADE - COME INTO MY WORLD - NITE LIFE

THE VALS - IM STEPPING OUT WITH MY MEMORIES - ASCOT (DEMO)

BOBBY SHANNON - YOU'RE AN UPLIFT - TO-MAR

SHIRLEY BROWN - I CAN'T GIVE YOU UP - STAX UK (DEMO)

TONY BORDERS - PROMISE TO MYSELF - QUINVY

AL CHRISTIAN - I'M A LONELY MAN - CHANT

BRENDA STARR- SATAN, LET ME SEEP TONIGHT - POLYDOR (DEMO)

LITTLE SAMSON - DON'T TAKE YOUR LOVE - EL D

JOHNNY VANNELI - SOMETHING TO SLEEP ON - TOP TEN

JESSE HARRISON - NO MAN IS AN ISLAND - PACEMAKER

NOONEY RICKETT - PLAYER, PLAY ON - IT

JAMES SHORTER - MODERN DAY WOMAN - LA BEAT

TED TAYLOR - I WANT TO BE A PART OF YOU - RONN

BARRY SCRUGGS - AFTER ALL -EATON.

That was my spot in the alt room Saturday, mainly a mid-tempo 60's thing with a few xover killers.......... Mainroom Sunday 2 hour special double-deck up with Wayne Arbon will follow.

BRETT

Sorry I missed this Brett, must have been in the other room, the Vals, what a record!

Here`s me Sat.afternoon spot in the record/t-shirt room in no particular order:

The Echo-The Epsilons 7".

That`s when i`ll stop loving you-Belita Woods 7".

There must be something-Friday,Saturday,Sunday 7".

Don`t listen to your friends-Samson and Delilah 7".

Let`s make love-Klas 7".

I found joy-Unlimited Gospel lp.

Come inside-Pleasure Seekers 7".

The best is yet to come-David Hudson lp.

I`ll go crazy-September 7".

There`s a cold in me-John Byrd 7".

Single girls-Harvey Scales 7".

Love can be happy-E.k.o 7".

The best is yet to come-David Hudson lp.

Wayne.

Thanks to Niki, Nelly, Girth and Mole for putting on a superb event, some fantastic choons played by all throughout the weekend and a great atmosphere.

Thought the venue was ideal for the number of people there.

Only complaint we have is the same as at all weekenders and that is having to miss some excellent spots through having to eat and freshen up for the night but thanks to Zane's downloads we can now listen to what we missed and listen again to others that we were part of.

Thanks to everyone who we spent time with over the weekend, you were all great company and thanks again to all Promoters and DJ's for a top weekend

Hope to see you all at the next one

Paul & Sue. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest Marcus B

Ditto to all thats been said already.

Another Brill weekend of top music and top company to boot.

Can't ask for any more really for a Music weekend away.....HAPPY DAYS!!!!

:thumbsup:

Here's my two pennies worth on Sat afternoon 5 - 6 in

the Alternative room.......so I played Alternative! lol

Marcus Playlist Monumental Clacton Aug2010

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dyson's Faces - Try Me Baby - LP

Perry & Sanlin - Since You(came into my life) - LP

By All Means - Love Lies- LP

Leon Beal - Lights,Camera,Action - CD

Chapter 8 - How Can I Get Next To You - LP

Rodney Mannsfield - Wanna Make Luv 2 U -CD

Miles Jaye - Heaven - LP ( by request Bernadette)

Miles Jaye - Should Have Been Strong - CD

Nu Colours - Come Go With Me - LP

Rockie Robbins - Time To Think - LP

Jeffree Osbourne - Don't You Get So Mad -12"

Khemistry - Can You Feel My Love - LP

L.A.X. - All My Love - 12"

Cheers,

Marcus

x

Many thanks to Niki for allowing me a collectors spot and to the rest of the guys for all their efforts. This weekender has the right formula to be an essential must attend event and hopefully for many years to come.

Due to other commitments I was only able to be there on the Saturday but will defo go the distance in 2011.

Here's what I played on Saturday in the Main Room from 5 'til 6.

Cheers - Pat Biggerstaff

BOBBY JONES & NEW LIFE - I AM SOMEBODY (MYRRH)

H. ANDREWS AND COMPANY - IT TOOK YOU (BALANCE)

JOHN DONVON - LOOKING FOR YOUR LOVE - (PARADIGM)

FOURTH CREATION - I THINK I WOULD CRY (DARAN)

MUSIC STAR - PURPOSE OF LOVE (MUSIC STAR)

SYREETA - I DON'T KNOW (TAMLA)

EMANUEL LASKEY - JUST THE WAY I WANT HER TO BE (MUSIC-NOW)

JO JO MURRAY - YOU AND ME (I.B. RECORDS)

BACK BAY BREW - IS IT FOR REAL (BACK BAY BREW)

KENNY HAMBER - ANYTHING YOU WANT (ARCTIC)

CLAUSEL - LET ME LOVE YOU (UP RIGHT)

NATURAL IMPULSE - SHE WENT AWAY (NATURAL IMPULSE)

CURTIS ANDERSON - THE HARDEST PART (BROWN BAG)

THE COMPACTS - WHY CAN'T IT BE (CARLA)

FLAME AND THE LOVELIGHTS - WHY IS LOVE SUCH A MIGHTY HARD THING (JABER)

NEAL KIMBLE - I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU (CREATIVE PRODUCERS)

IKE NOBLE - YOUR LOVE (CONNWIL)

Edited by s7oul
Guest marion

Have spent some time this morning downloading the first 10 recordings....now driving the children mental by blasting a few of them out....loud:yes:

QUALITY all the way!!!! :thumbsup:

I'll burn off a cd for Anne in Newmarket ~ she'll love it

Anyway back to dodgy singing and dancing round the house:ph34r: :ohmy: you know it makes sense!!!!

Ta very much Marion

Thanks very much to Zane for doing the downloads as there was no way I would have remembered where I was last weekend never mind what i played.

This was my Friday night spot

Four Tops - Save it for a rainy day

Frank Lynch -young girl

Bobby Womack - Something for my head

Gladys Knight -Make yours a happy home

Gloria Shannon - Tears are gifts from heaven

Independents -lucky fellow

Stairsteps -stay close to me

Vibrating vibrations -surprise party for baby

Pioneers - my good friend james

Crystal Motion -main squeeze

Brothers by choice - Baby you really got me going

Garland Green - ain't that good enough

Jean Carne -Don't let it go to your head

South shore commision -We're on the right track

Dave Love - baby hard times

Aretha Franklin - Don't let me lose this dream

JP Robinson -Our day is here

Annette Snell -It's all over now

Veda - What it's all about

Phyllis Hyman - baby I'm gonna love you

Joy tones - This love

Saturday early evening set

Eddie Hinton - I'll come running back to you

Barbara Mason -if you knew him like i do

George Jackson -Aretha sing one for me

Jimmy beaumont -you've got too much going for you baby

Linda Jones -What have i done to make you mad

Doris Duke - I can't do without you

Jackie Edwards - come back girl

Curtis Mayfield - love to keep you in my mind

Royalettes - only when you're lonely

Frankie Gearing - Teardrops

George Frye - keep on keeping on

Chuck Armstrong - a better place

Bettye Crutcher - Up for a let down

Randy Brown - I was blessed the day i found you

Kent drake - boss thing together

Ann Peebles - if this is heaven

Dells - always together

Edited by binsy

Apologies for lateness of comments. Great weekend all round. Took me ages to get over it. The music was of an excellent quality, a nice mix as well. Nice to see loads of my friends there, hope I didn't talk too much rubbish. The Ocean Club hotel was fine for me, single room not big bit adequate for my needs. And less than two minutes from the venue. Really what more could you ask for?

I stayed over on Sunday night and was most surprised when walking back from my meal I heard music coming from the venue, others staying over had found a CD player and started a session. I stayed till about 10.20 then had to go back to my room as I was so tired.

I was lucky enough to have two sets, one on Saturday morning in the alternative room open decks session and one in the main room at 11.20 am on Sunday. Thanks for letting me play. Here are my playlists:

Saturday 31 July 2010 - Open Decks Alternative room

Booker T Jones - The Best Of You - A&M Promo

Nova's Nine - Why Listen - ABC

Sarah Vaughan - I Need You More (Then Ever Now - Mainstream

Gene Chandler - Greatest Love Ever Known - 20th Century Fox

Sass - I Only Ever Wanted To Love You - 20th Century Promo

Little Anthony - Nothing From Nothing - Pure Gold 24Kt

Richie Havens - I Can't Make It Anymore - Verve Folkways

Mark Capanni - I Believe In Miracles - Jazzman

Chubby Checker (Jimmy Radcliffe) - You Can't Lose Something You Never Had - Kent 6Ts

Leon Ware - What's Your Name - Fabulous

J P Rogers - All My Lovin' - Inculcation

Paulette Reaves - Jazz Freak - Blue Candle

The Mob - I Dig Everything About You - Colossus

Sunday 1 August 2010 11.20 am "Main room"

Virgil Henry - I'll Be True - Colossus

Marion Stewart - I Must Be Losing You - R

Cynthia & The Imaginations - Hey Boy (I Love You) - Blue Rock

Broadways - You Just Don't Know - MGM DJ

Barons Of Soul - You Need Love - Grapevine 2000

Salt & Pepper - A Man Of The World - Kent Town

Vanguards - The Thought Of Losing Your Love - Lamp

Fantaisions - Unnecessary Tears - Satellite

Darlings - Two Time Loser - Kay-Ko

Danny Moore - Somebody New - Allrite

Little Beaver - Listen To My Heartbeat - Cat

De Vons - Some To Treat Me (The Way You Use To) - King

Jerry Fuller - I Get Carried Away - Challenge

Masqueraders - How Big Is Big - Bell

Lou Johnson - Reach Out For Me - Big Top

Timothy Wilson - Pigtails - Buddah

Lorraine Rudolph - Keep Coming Back For More - Jetstream

Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr - Your Love Keeps Drawing Me Closer - Capsoul

Jackey Beavers - Come Back My Love - Nation

Thanks to Niki, Neil, Gareth and Mole for a great weekend. Long may it continue.

Okay I am definitely coming next year, too much of this soul stuff down South for my liking these days, Tats and Alison how about adopting me as a bothersome brother for Bully and you can just take me to all these dos :wicked::no:

Great playlists and Geoff if I had heard the Lou Johnson I would have hollered, can't stop playing that of his recent CD and it has totally knocked Roy Hamilton off top version spot.

Looks a real goodun this,

Guest BIG H

Okay I am definitely coming next year, too much of this soul stuff down South for my liking these days, Tats and Alison how about adopting me as a bothersome brother for Bully and you can just take me to all these dos :wicked::no:

Great playlists and Geoff if I had heard the Lou Johnson I would have hollered, can't stop playing that of his recent CD and it has totally knocked Roy Hamilton off top version spot.

Have to agree with you there james, just caught up with this thread and looking at the playlists, every one filled with REAL soul music thumbsup.gif

this would be well worth the long trip from sunny Aberdeen!

Harry

Okay I am definitely coming next year, too much of this soul stuff down South for my liking these days, Tats and Alison how about adopting me as a bothersome brother for Bully and you can just take me to all these dos laugh.gif:lol:

I'm with you Jamesy love. Thankfully Niki and Nelly must have listened to my pleas of "its the wrong weekend" and next year it doesn't clash with my favourite boys birthday. I'll have to make up with my Mother so she can have the kids - or leave Michael at home and go alone. Surely an Essex girl in Essex can't get up to too much mischief... :lol:

Anyway PM me your email address as I have something to send you. Oh and is there any baby news yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - there's been a glitch with one of the websites I use for uploads and I've had a bunch of requests so I have updated all the links.

Also, for the first time, you can listen to Pat Biggerstaff's wonderful set.

Fri 09

9 Niki

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=UD6OR85R

10 Binsy

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=0JBJGNRU

11 Gareth Donovan

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=A2NEED50

12 Paul Thrower

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=LHTX7B90

Full Recording

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=PG7UU8OW

Sat 10

1 Blake Helliwell (sadly, only the second half of Blake's set, as I hadn't been aware that it was being broadcast)

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=6N0NLZ69

2 Tracy & Debbie

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4WKHP5O

3 Flanny

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=IEVSMB46

4 Kevin Oxberry

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=P1HXZ48U

5 Pat Biggerstaff (sadly, this recording was taken from another server where the sounds from the Starpoint radio chatroom overrode the recording.; you can however still very much hear the music and enjoy Pat's wonderful set)

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXXUK3FQ

6 Bully

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=60613N5G

7 Binsy

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=OZDIMWVV

9 Tats

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=2NVQIIOB

Sun 11

The Sunday afternoon 2 hour finale

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=8DV068VE

This is now the full set of all the recordings I managed to get - any problems, let me know.

All the best,

Zane