2010-05-14: Torquay Soul Weekender

Was talkin to Micky Bennet one of the promotors of this Fab Weekender at the weekend, he asked me to mention that they are so near to selling out of accomodation for this package in the MAIN complex now!!

He strongly suggests if ya are intersted in this luxury Soul Weekender contact them asap to secure your place!

Details on their site and below!

Iv been attending since day one i can thoughrly recomend it and all set in the beautiful reasort of Torquay itself a legendarey Soul Resort in the 70s ala Compass Club!!

7th year

SoultimeTorquay Weekender

Go Here For More Details!!

https://www.torquayweekender.co.uk/

Friday May 14th - Sunday 16thTwo rooms of the Music we all live for . The Richmond Lounge playing Modern and Conniosseurs playing the sweetest new and rare sounds for those who like something a little different to the norm. The Warwick Ballroom playing Classic Northern stompers from the days of the Wheel, Torch, Junction Crew, Cats and Wigan. [we have had to put industrial cooling fans into this room to stop the dancers melting !] Friday Night music playing in both rooms 8 till 2 in the Warwick Ballroom8 till 1 in the Richmond Lounge Saturday from 12 midday till 6 in the Richmond Lounge,The Showcase bring along a box of records and try it behind the decks! Saturday Night The Warwick Ballroom solid Northern 8 till ?The Richmond 8 til 1pm

Whats included in your weekend stay? Friday and Saturday Night: Three course Dinner with a choice of menus and Coffee. .............................................. Saturday and Sunday Morning: Buffet Breakfast everything to set you up for the day just help yourself to freshly prepared hotfood, fresh fruit and cereals. Coffee or Tea. ................................................. . During the day Use of the Health Spa in the Aztec Zone probably the best Swimming Pool we have ever seen, Jaquzzi , Steam Room and Sauna all provided free of charge. Background Soul Music played all day .................................................. Saturday Afternoon Tea or Coffee and biscuits. There is available for your use: Internet Cafeand a large games room with Snooker, Pool and Ten Pin Bowling Entrance into all the Soul venues all weekend Cost per person just £125.00 all inclusive. Thurs + Sun nights Dinner Bed +Breakfast £41.00 per person You pay us we book it for you to make checking in faster and easier.

• Replies 21
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This will event will never be ram packed to the roof with no room to turn around let alone dance !The Numbers are strictly limited, Soulies only !!!!

There will be no louts trouble makers or drunks let in off the street to ruin your weekend so we can make a fast buck !!!

We will be availible to anyone who has a problem at anytime day or night and we will do our best to sort any hiccups or problems.

You will eat well prepared food in lovely surroundings served by pleasant helpfull staff.

We want you to have a great time, enjoy the best of Soul music from top Dj's.Testimonials and letters of thanks we have recived are many .

We have had no bad reports or complaints to date those who come usually book again for the following year.

Decide for yourself !

• 1 month later...

Blimey.

This site is quiet ?

I always love this extremely well organised weekender coming around as it means we're well into Spring and Summer is just around the corner .

Every year I've been me and the mrs. have had an absolutely brilliant weekend fuelled by great food, great location, great people, [..err, and... great bucketloads of cider ],

and best of all great music .

I don't expect this year will be any different at all

So who's going ??

pete lyster

Hi Nige, Would like to go Friday and Saturday night, can i pay on the door or have to buy tickets in advance.

Cheers, Paul

Sorry for the the late Reply been out and about all weekend!!

I was told last night accomodation at the actual venue is now SOLD OUT!

But if thats not a problem im sure Mick Bennett will fix you up with a couple of wrist bands!!

Havent a clue how much much , but to me its worth every penny!!

Hope you make it, its a LOVELY LITTLE WEEKENDER!!

Nige B

Guest popper

Blimey.

This site is quiet ?

I always love this extremely well organised weekender coming around as it means we're well into Spring and Summer is just around the corner .

Every year I've been me and the mrs. have had an absolutely brilliant weekend fuelled by great food, great location, great people, [..err, and... great bucketloads of cider ],

and best of all great music .

I don't expect this year will be any different at all

So who's going ??

pete lyster

We are!... this year will be our 7th time!! if my memory serves me right:unsure:

Pete, when Cathy is packing, remind her you want to take john & the weirdest with you! :wicked:

looking forward to it, deffo one not to miss:thumbup: Mart:hatsoff2:

Yes we will be packing the picnic basket again come thursday night .. I am not going to go to that massive M&S on the way in ..... keep saying that Carmen.

This weekender sells itself without much need of promotion , it must be the best kept seceret superb hotel apartments all sorts of other amenities on tap as well as a few swimming pools spa and jaccuzi and add to that great food and service with afternoon tea and biscuits too if you want them.

Looking forward to it this is one you could take the kids too it's very family friendly with bowling and pool an internet old style basement common room as we used to say at boarding school .

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

SSSSSOOOOOO looking forward to this....!!!!!

MISSED LAST YEAR WITH WORK BAH HUMBUG

See ya Thusday Nige (hope the lurggies better)

Don't go near the M&S & stay away from them RED LIGHTS lol

The Git

We are!... this year will be our 7th time!! if my memory serves me rightunsure.gif

Pete, when Cathy is packing, remind her you want to take john & the weirdest with you! wicked.gif

looking forward to it, deffo one not to missthumbup.gif Marthatsoff2.gif

message received and understood !

J + the W. will be in the box.

pete

Guest Glawster

Sadly we shall not be attending,we're DJing @Soulfusion - Have a great weekender everyone

Edited by Glawster
Guest steph murphy

Living in Torquay has its benefits. One of them being the weekender on my doorstep. The Victoria is a great venue and the staff are friendly and welcoming. We arrived at 8pm on Friday night and I was dancing by about 8.30! Couldn't resist it as the tunes were top stuff.

The place filled up quickly after that and I was glad of a table and seat, oh my aching feet and legs. All the DJs were great. Next year it would be even better if you we could have Pete Lyster downstairs in the ballroom for an hour or so, as he is top geezer with a spectacular collection (records that is, not stamps!) Saturday night was as good as Friday and Gingers set was great. we even managed to stay longer. Had to give in in the end as my legs went on strike!

Anyway, congrats to Mickey B and team for another successful weekend. Now if you don't mind, I need to lay down for a week to recover!

See everyone next year, see all the south west guys at Bridgwater. thumbsup.gifno.gif

Guest cocopachino

What a fantastic weekend, Micky B said it would be and indeed it certainly was!

The venue was truly awesome, everything was just so nice; breakfast & dinner, the room and the indoor pool & sauna.

Music was spot-on, people were so friendly, atmosphere was brill ~ will definitely be back next year.

smile.gif HIGHLY recommended smile.gif

Guest soulfulrosa

Living in Torquay has its benefits. One of them being the weekender on my doorstep. The Victoria is a great venue and the staff are friendly and welcoming. We arrived at 8pm on Friday night and I was dancing by about 8.30! Couldn't resist it as the tunes were top stuff.

The place filled up quickly after that and I was glad of a table and seat, oh my aching feet and legs. All the DJs were great. Next year it would be even better if you we could have Pete Lyster downstairs in the ballroom for an hour or so, as he is top geezer with a spectacular collection (records that is, not stamps!) Saturday night was as good as Friday and Gingers set was great. we even managed to stay longer. Had to give in in the end as my legs went on strike!

Anyway, congrats to Mickey B and team for another successful weekend. Now if you don't mind, I need to lay down for a week to recover!

See everyone next year, see all the south west guys at Bridgwater. thumbsup.gifno.gif

I have to agree with Steph ( living an hour and a bit in BARNSTAPLE.. ITS MAKES A HUGE CHANGE FROM OUR USUAL 6 HOUR + TREKS UP NORTH !!:hatsoff2:) and we have always supported this excellent weekender. dance floor as good as it gets ( IMHO!!)

I think I speak for many of us South West BODS in that we would have liked to see our lovely Pete Lyster in the main room !!:lol: PLEASE Mick and John next year!!

BUt cracking music I danced Fri and Sat to the END!!!.. and being probably one of the oldest there :thumbsup:... I showed up the youngsters hahaha:lol:

THANKYOU MIck and John and all the DJ`s......:thumbsup::D:D:D:D:D:D Ginger and Nige Brown.. top blokes!!!

just wanna add what a lovely weekend we had again at the Victoria!!

my only nag how very little the upstairs room was supported compared with the LAST six years!whistling.gifno.gif

some of the music was really Top Drawer in their ,, but the downstairs oldies seemed to be the most popular this year!!

next years line up brings us SOUL SAM , John Farrell and the return to residencey of me owd mucker SEAN CHAPMAN!!thumbsup.gif

have to thank " the Old Git That Came Back " Paul Davies & Debs for being great company , especially on our Mini Tour of the Thai and Balti Restauarants of Torbay!!laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwhistling.gif

Great big thankyou to Micky Bennett and Johnny Barker for all their GREAT EFFORTS and Wilco for the brill sound systems!!

Lovely to see Ginger on Good Form. Pete " Bobby Hutton" Lyster and Kathy plus the Grices!thumbup.gifbeer.giflaugh.gif

It all went so quikly ,, roll on May 2011

seeya @ the Go Go

Nige B

Gingers twin Brother!! ,,,, more in Gallery,,,,,

post-1851-12742110420445_thumb.jpg

post-1851-12742110420445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nige Brown

Brilliant! :yes: ... I think this one was one of the best so far! the atmosphere, the people, the music, all came together to provide a weekender to remember! I can only echo what's already been said re: Pete Lyster! would have been great to hear him in the main room, the upstairs room was very quiet this year, but I did go up for Pete's set and was made up to hear CoCo & Ben :thumbup:

tune I loved in main room {and I can't stop singing it!} was Ellie Greenwich 'Baby' :swoon: ... sorry can't remember who played it! but thanks.:hatsoff2: also managed to do a bit of shopping while I was there! whistling bonus! well done boys & see ya next year :D

Guest BintofSoul

We had a fantastic weekend, great venue and great tunesthumbup.gif . It was lovely being with friendly soulful people . Splendid!

Nicki XX

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Had a great weekend

Top class venue & great people. Like Nige has said i was a bit disapointed the upstairs "modern & connoisseurs" room wasn't as busy as i'd hoped For me it's about the "next" new tune, the ones you don't hear week in week out. On saying that though Steve Towers, Pete Lyster & my best mate Mr Brown treated me to the best 3hrs music iv'e heard anywhere this year Cheers guys..!

Musn't forget Francis T for a beautiful hours SOUL music on Sunday afternoon

It takes a lot to put on an event like this so a big up to Micky B & John for all there efforts Last but not least a big thanks to the unsung hero Wilco The amout the guy does deserves a big mention....!

All in all great time was had Espescialy the chance to do the Thai-Indian bits & talk over the last 40yrs or so with Browny You really are a top guy bro.

Looking forward to next year already But without "Adolf" the waiter hopefully

The Git

tune I loved in main room {and I can't stop singing it!} was Ellie Greenwich 'Baby' swoon.gif ... sorry can't remember who played it! but thanks.hatsoff2.gif

Errr That was me who played itohmy.gif ,,,,, and your very welcome!!thumbsup.gif

Big Oldie for me at the moment!!biggrin.gif

Very hypnotic chorus and hook line innit!!thumbsup.gif

Nige B

PS one for sale in the sales section as i type!

This WILL be SNAPPED up you watch lol

Edited by Nige Brown

Source Advert