2010-04-30: Soulvation Newquay 2010

cliffdene.jpg

TRAVEL TO NEWQUAY

You can arrive in Newquay by road, rail or air.

BY ROAD

Click here for directions by road

BY RAIL

Newquay is served by a branchline which links at Par to the mainline services from Penzance to London, the Midlands and the North. The Griffin Inn and The Great Western Hotel are a couple of minutes walk from Newquay Station.

Click here for National Rail Enquiries

BY AIR

Newquay Airport operates scheduled services to London Gatwick, London Stansted, Plymouth, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds / Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Dublin. The Airport which is a short taxt drive to The Griffin/Great Western and if you really want to treat yourself why not make a stop at Jamie Oliver's 15 Restaurant in Watergate Bay! To find the best deals surf the internet. We did and found the following flights on offer:

ryanair.gif

London Stansted to Newquay - from £26.05

Return - from £19.85

flybe.gif

Edinburgh to Newquay - from £33.99

Return - from £33.99

air_south_west.gif

London/Gatwick, Glasgow, Manchester and Leeds/Bradford - from £49.00

Return - from £49.00

Click here for Newquay Airport

WELCOME TO SOULVATION NEWQUAY

THE FRIENDLY SOUL WEEKENDER

APRIL 30 TO MAY 2, 2010

STOP PRESS... Our accommodation is now sold out. We still have a few Weeknder Passes available but they are selling out fast

Following the success of the Soulvation Newquay Weekender in April 2009, we are delighted to be able to announce details of our 2010 event. This is a 3 day/night event taking place over the Bank Holiday Weekend, Friday April 30 to Sunday May 2 inclusive. We have moved the event to The Cliffdene Hotel, this means we can offer accommodation for over 100 on the same site as the music. We believe this will improve what has been rightly praised as "the friendly weekender". Another bonus is that both the Rare/Northern Soul rooms and the Modern Soul lounge will be on the same floor.

The music played last time was top notch and the DJ's confirmed so far guarantee more Soul satisfaction in the unique surroundings of Cornwall. Northern/Rare - Mick H, Pete Lyster, Sean Chapman, Pete Hullat, Nick Hackett, Nige Brown, Neil Rushton, Andy McCabe, Ady Heaney, Derek Mead. Modern Soul Lounge - Terry Jones, Sean Livesey, Neil Rushton, Neil Self.

Friday afternoon will kick off with a champagne meet-and-greet session in the bar at The Cliffdene followed by the evening session when the party really gets started. Saturday afternoon we move on to a bar overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach - home of the UK Surfing scene - for a mix up of Rare and Modern Soul. Saturday night we are back at The Cliffdene for another evening session. Sunday afternoon will be devoted to "Not The Northern Soul Top 500" and "Modern Soul Anthems" sessions at The Cliffdene and then Sunday evening it's the finale party.

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT SESSONS - 8PM TILL 4AM

The accommodation package will include freshly cooked breakfast and 3 course evening meal. You can choose between staying Friday and Saturday for £99 (includes Weekend Music Pass) or for just another £30 add Sunday as well and enjoy the Bank Holiday Weekend. We have a double, twin and (limited number) single rooms, please specify your choice. Prices are per person.

If you wish to find your own accommodation that is fine, but please note the capacity at The Cliffdene is limited to 150, which means we have just 50 Weekend Passes available, these are £30 each.

HOW TO BOOK

Purchase your Weekender Pass now for just £30, or secure your accommodation with a non-refundable deposit of just £30. Please note that there is an additional 90p administration charge applied to all on-line bookings.

BY POST

Please send a cheque or postal order, made payable to Neil Rushton. Send your payment with a S.A.E. to

SOULVATION

11 Wheatcroft Close, Burntwood.

Staffordshire. WS7 8SX

BY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD OR PAYPAL

Pay securely on-line by credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. Simply choose from the options below - Weekender Pass or Weekender Deposi. When you have made your selection click the PayPal button and follow the onscreen instructions. You DO NOT require a PayPal account. You will be able to select multiple passes or deposits. You will be notified automatically that your payment has been made successfully.

SORRY... All accommodation now sold out

For further help or advice please phone Neil Rushton on 015436 70116.

WEEKENDER PASS

pixel.gif

THE CLIFFDENE HOTEL, NEWQUAY

• Replies 98
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

cliffdene.jpg

TRAVEL TO NEWQUAY

BY ROAD

BY RAIL

Newquay is served by a branchline which links at Par to the mainline services from Penzance to London, the Midlands and the North. The Griffin Inn and The Great Western Hotel are a couple of minutes walk from Newquay Station.

BY AIR

Newquay Airport operates scheduled services to London Gatwick, London Stansted, Plymouth, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds / Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Dublin. The Airport which is a short taxt drive to The Griffin/Great Western and if you really want to treat yourself why not make a stop at Jamie Oliver's 15 Restaurant in Watergate Bay! To find the best deals surf the internet. We did and found the following flights on offer:

ryanair.gif

Return - from £19.85

flybe.gif

Return - from £33.99

air_south_west.gif

Return - from £49.00

APRIL 30 TO MAY 2, 2010

STOP PRESS... Our accommodation is now sold out. We still have a few Weeknder Passes available but they are selling out fast

Following the success of the Soulvation Newquay Weekender in April 2009, we are delighted to be able to announce details of our 2010 event. This is a 3 day/night event taking place over the Bank Holiday Weekend, Friday April 30 to Sunday May 2 inclusive. We have moved the event to The Cliffdene Hotel, this means we can offer accommodation for over 100 on the same site as the music. We believe this will improve what has been rightly praised as "the friendly weekender". Another bonus is that both the Rare/Northern Soul rooms and the Modern Soul lounge will be on the same floor.

The music played last time was top notch and the DJ's confirmed so far guarantee more Soul satisfaction in the unique surroundings of Cornwall. Northern/Rare - Mick H, Pete Lyster, Sean Chapman, Pete Hullat, Nick Hackett, Nige Brown, Neil Rushton, Andy McCabe, Ady Heaney, Derek Mead. Modern Soul Lounge - Terry Jones, Sean Livesey, Neil Rushton, Neil Self.

Friday afternoon will kick off with a champagne meet-and-greet session in the bar at The Cliffdene followed by the evening session when the party really gets started. Saturday afternoon we move on to a bar overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach - home of the UK Surfing scene - for a mix up of Rare and Modern Soul. Saturday night we are back at The Cliffdene for another evening session. Sunday afternoon will be devoted to "Not The Northern Soul Top 500" and "Modern Soul Anthems" sessions at The Cliffdene and then Sunday evening it's the finale party.

The accommodation package will include freshly cooked breakfast and 3 course evening meal. You can choose between staying Friday and Saturday for £99 (includes Weekend Music Pass) or for just another £30 add Sunday as well and enjoy the Bank Holiday Weekend. We have a double, twin and (limited number) single rooms, please specify your choice. Prices are per person.

If you wish to find your own accommodation that is fine, but please note the capacity at The Cliffdene is limited to 150, which means we have just 50 Weekend Passes available, these are £30 each.

HOW TO BOOK

Purchase your Weekender Pass now for just £30, or secure your accommodation with a non-refundable deposit of just £30. Please note that there is an additional 90p administration charge applied to all on-line bookings.

BY POST

Please send a cheque or postal order, made payable to Neil Rushton. Send your payment with a S.A.E. to

SOULVATION

Staffordshire. WS7 8SX

Pay securely on-line by credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. Simply choose from the options below - Weekender Pass or Weekender Deposi. When you have made your selection click the PayPal button and follow the onscreen instructions. You DO NOT require a PayPal account. You will be able to select multiple passes or deposits. You will be notified automatically that your payment has been made successfully.

WEEKENDER PASS

pixel.gif

we are !!! Heard so many good things about this weekender , just had to give it a go :thumbup: .

Looks being the best Newquay Weekender yet! Many thanks to everyone who has booked up. If you have paid a deposit for the Accomodion/Pass package you will be contacted in the next week or so asking for the balance.

Accomodation packages gone but if anybody wants to Weekender Passes they are available at £30 each.

Missing on the DJ rosta posted above is laconic Lancastrian Pete Eccles who will be holding his 50th birthday celebrations at the Weekend....so I think we can safely assume The Cliffdene will be enjoying their best bar takings ever! He should have been included in the list ages ago but I forgot...sorry Pete.

We go on big time about Newquay being "the friendly weekender" but that's exactly what it is....the laid back Cornish vibe well and truly prevails and is backed up by some amazing music from the DJ's who always pull out the stops. It's not the biggest Weekender but is definitely one of the best around...just ask Mick H, who is bringing 15 with him this time. For this Weekender we have moved on from The Griffin to The Cliffdene which means we have most of the accomodation on the same site as the musical frolics and we can carry on playing the records until 4am - at The Griffin we never quite knew when the plug would be pulled!

By arrangement with Jo and Tony of Soul Fixins' the 2nd yearlly Newquay Weekender of the year will from now will also be promoted by Soulvation - details for a Weekender at The Clifffdene from October 1 to 3 are being put togeher now. First options for deposits on booking will be given to people in attendance at the next one. Thanks to Jo and Tony for passing out the baton is such a friendly way...pleased to say that Tony will be DJ'ing at the October bash.

All the Best,

Neil

Thought it might be a good idea if the DJ's could give a flavour of the event by listing some of the tunes they will be playing at Newquay?

To kick it off, here's a few from me for the Northern room

LOVE AIN'T LOVE - FLORENCE BALLARD (ABC)

Just had the great pleasure of meeting the wonderful Robert Bateman who produced this gem. Have always loved it, but can't stop now playing it after hearing from Robert all about the recordiing session. Van McCoy, who wrote the song, popped along to see how things were going and ended up doing backing vcoals!

SPEAK YOUR PEACE -THE FABULOUS PEPS (D-TOWN)

THE PROOF OF YOUR LOVE - JACKIE & THE TONETTS (D-TOWN)

CRYING DAYS ARE OVER - KELLY BROTHERS (SIMS)

MAGIC CORNER - BELITTA WOODS (KAREN)

A NEW DAY BEGINS - THE PARLIAMENTS (REVILOT)

JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - SHIRLEY KAROL (DAKAR)

LONELY YOU'LL BE - JOHNNIE MAE MATTHEWS (JAM)

TRUST IN ME - JACKIE ROSS (NORTHERN SOUL STORIES)

THE GENERATION GAP - CARL CARLTON

(I Can) DEAL WITH THAT - DEE EDWARDS (DE-TO)

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU - THE EVER GREEN BLUES (MERCURY)

ALL ABOUT THE PAPER - THE DELLS (20th CENTURY FOX)

STOP STEPPIN' ON MY DREAMS - JERRY BUTLER (MERCURY)

DIDN'T I TELL YOU - LOU RAGLAND (INFERNO)

ME AND YOU (DOIN' THE BOOGALOO) - LOU COURTNEY (MIRASOUND ACETATE - LOOKS A BIT SEXIER THAN SOUSSAN'S BOOTLEG!)

All the Best,

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1

I see check in is at 14.00 whistling now that means we can enjoy another amazing breakfast at Watergate bay , (my treat this time :cool: ooooooooooh they have the most amazing earl grey tea !

Then have a trip to Padstow and sample some fresh crab and baby mac's and then double back for a nice lunchtime get together followed by a cream tea :wink: and that's before we have lashings of Ginger beer and Soul .

Looks being the best Newquay Weekender yet! Many thanks to everyone who has booked up. If you have paid a deposit for the Accomodion/Pass package you will be contacted in the next week or so asking for the balance.

Accomodation packages gone but if anybody wants to Weekender Passes they are available at £30 each.

Missing on the DJ rosta posted above is laconic Lancastrian Pete Eccles who will be holding his 50th birthday celebrations at the Weekend....so I think we can safely assume The Cliffdene will be enjoying their best bar takings ever! He should have been included in the list ages ago but I forgot...sorry Pete.

We go on big time about Newquay being "the friendly weekender" but that's exactly what it is....the laid back Cornish vibe well and truly prevails and is backed up by some amazing music from the DJ's who always pull out the stops. It's not the biggest Weekender but is definitely one of the best around...just ask Mick H, who is bringing 15 with him this time. For this Weekender we have moved on from The Griffin to The Cliffdene which means we have most of the accomodation on the same site as the musical frolics and we can carry on playing the records until 4am - at The Griffin we never quite knew when the plug would be pulled!

By arrangement with Jo and Tony of Soul Fixins' the 2nd yearlly Newquay Weekender of the year will from now will also be promoted by Soulvation - details for a Weekender at The Clifffdene from October 1 to 3 are being put togeher now. First options for deposits on booking will be given to people in attendance at the next one. Thanks to Jo and Tony for passing out the baton is such a friendly way...pleased to say that Tony will be DJ'ing at the October bash.

All the Best,

Neil

having been to many newquay weekend over the past few years at the griffin will be interesting to see how this venue compairs,but lookig forwarders to it as always

Guest gfarrington

Well I'm going and don't mind saying I can't bloody wait, first time for me, heard loads of good things about this event so it can't come soon enough, :thumbsup:

Not sure about the Earl Grey and Ginger beer though Carms :ohmy:

i'd offer you a lift pete but with all linda's outfits one car is just not big enough:no:

Well I'm going and don't mind saying I can't bloody wait, first time for me, heard loads of good things about this event so it can't come soon enough, thumbup.gif

Not sure about the Earl Grey and Ginger beer though Carms g.gif

Ahh Cakeboy, wouldn't miss your birthday for the world darling thumbup.gif

In fact, me, Ange & Kim of the South London Massive are planning a Top Gear-style race to Newquay (with suitable handicaps), probably plane vs Aston Martin vs Lambretta GP. Loser has to buy all Eccles' birthday drinks for the whole weekend, so there may be some remortgaging required laugh.gif

Tee x

Ahh Cakeboy, wouldn't miss your birthday for the world darling thumbup.gif

In fact, me, Ange & Kim of the South London Massive are planning a Top Gear-style race to Newquay (with suitable handicaps), probably plane vs Aston Martin vs Lambretta GP. Loser has to buy all Eccles' birthday drinks for the whole weekend, so there may be some remortgaging required laugh.gif

Tee x

So I am faced with a top weekender in a resort I have never visited, but heard so much about, with the best company and free beer?

It couldn't get any better if Carlsberg sponsored it :huh:

So I am faced with a top weekender in a resort I have never visited, but heard so much about, with the best company and free beer?

It couldn't get any better if Carlsberg sponsored it :beer:

You will love it Pete this place has more Mancs than Cornish people in it ... be home from home for you :laugh: bring your own gravy though lol lol

Edited by Carms

You will love it Pete this place has more Mancs than Cornish people in it ... be home from home for you laugh.gif bring your own gravy though lol lol

Knew it was too good to last :( Carms us Boltonians consider ourselves no more Manc than you, :g:

Gravy? I will be sorely disappointed if the local KFC can't oblige on that score :thumbup: if not it will have to be cream tea and buttered scones :thumbup::yes:

Knew it was too good to last sad.gif Carms us Boltonians consider ourselves no more Manc than you, biggrin.gif

Gravy? I will be sorely disappointed if the local KFC can't oblige on that score thumbsup.gif if not it will have to be cream tea and buttered scones no.gifbeer.gif

You really do have an identity problem dont you Albert!!no.gif

Your from Farnworth not Bolton,, get over it!ohmy.gif

Bob "Ainsworth" Hinsley did!! yes.gif

Vic from Norwich!laugh.gif

You will love it Pete this place has more Mancs than Cornish people in it ... be home from home for you :laugh: bring your own gravy though lol lol

Carms,

We'll both be there, be great to see you 2 again .

There's another great tradition about this weekender for Mancs too - it's always at the extreme business end of the footie season, and for the last 3 years everything has turned out rather well !! So we have to go in any event being superstitious buggers, don't want to jinx a good run - [ could be 4 on the bounce and all that ].

Just so happens it's one of the very very best weekenders anyway too!!

pete x x

You really do have an identity problem dont you Albert!!no.gif

Your from Farnworth not Bolton,, get over it!ohmy.gif

Bob "Ainsworth" Hinsley did!! yes.gif

Vic from Norwich!laugh.gif

He's a woolyback Nige , you got to expect it laugh.gif actually I have adopted Manchester Pete ... I think I have done my time in this fantastic city and would be proud to hang its RED colours at the end of my big toe. ( I start to learn Polish next week )

I can't really say where I am from being such a travelled child ... Dad did the Navy and Army which cause me never to stay in one place too long.

Actually what I should have said is Newquay is full of Northerners not Mancs , they love it because it is so welcoming always basking in sunshine .

Gravy? I will be sorely disappointed if the local KFC can't oblige on that score thumbsup.gif

Neil has assured me that in an effort to satisfy your every whim Pete, he will be laying on a special 'gravy train' from Narrowcliff down to the KFC in Bank Street, which will leave the Cliffdene Hotel every 5 mins, 24 hours a day over the bank holiday weekend. You will also be able to swim in fresh gravy in the hotel pool each morning. See, he's thought of everything wink.gif

post-8338-12687358309641_thumb.jpg

post-8338-12687358309641_thumb.jpg

Carms,

We'll both be there, be great to see you 2 again .

There's another great tradition about this weekender for Mancs too - it's always at the extreme business end of the footie season, and for the last 3 years everything has turned out rather well !! So we have to go in any event being superstitious buggers, don't want to jinx a good run - [ could be 4 on the bounce and all that ].

Just so happens it's one of the very very best weekenders anyway too!!

pete x x

Really looking forward to seeing you both x

Guest souldjer 1

loads coming down from plymouth with a rabble of friends from london and beyond.always quality on the north cornish coast.

deano& yvette

loads coming down from plymouth with a rabble of friends from london and beyond.always quality on the north cornish coast.

deano& yvette

Does anyone know if Daz Hardwick from Looe (ex Blackpool) is coming? Would be good to catch up. Also Jamie the lawyer from Southampton who has a brother in Newquay? Can't remember his SS name.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest souldjer 1

thats andy and jamie,great friends.joe n tony live in looe,they must know him.

anybody know if gary holliman is coming down?

shan n bev glos, and steve n mick coming from london.

deano yvette andy n ady paul n sheena down friday.cant wait

Guest Dr Pickles

Hi Deano

It'll be great to see you lot there again.

I'll be playing at the party on Sunday night (don't forget it's bank holiday Monday the next day thumbsup.gif ) but Lou and I will be down for the whole weekend starting Friday night.

Last year was fan - bloody - tastic so looking to do it all again this yearthumbup.gif

beach.jpeg

See you all there

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Guest souldjer 1

yeh chris it was very bleeding good.

even better venue gives it that extra likkle twist.

dont forget its £1.50 to get back into plymouth from cornwall now!!!

worth every penny

yeh chris it was very bleeding good.

even better venue gives it that extra likkle twist.

dont forget its £1.50 to get back into plymouth from cornwall now!!!

worth every penny

ohmy.gif 1.50!! blink.gif mmm... wonder if Pete will be selling any records!laugh.gif just 3 of us this time, coz Ron will be on his hols!...so the Paignton pastits! are well up for it, & looking forward to meeting up with the Plymouth posse again!yes.gif see ya there... Bev, Mart & Pete

Well 3 weeks to go and the sunshine had brought in loads of enquiries this week about availability of Hotel Rooms and Weekend Passes for the Weekender.

All the hotel accomodation/weekender passes sold out ( Andy Bellwood has gone down as a legend by travelling down LAST weekend (!) all the way from Yorkshire by mistake and cannot make it on the right date, but his room was snapped up right away. He passes on his good comments about the Cliffdene Hotel. The people there managed to get him a room but had a panic for a second or two as they thought 200 Soulies were about to descend on them. Brilliant!)

Weekend Passes - Got a limited amount available @ £30 each. They can be ordered securely on line - www.soulvation.biz

Let's up the good weather continues.

All the Best,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Well 3 weeks to go and the sunshine had brought in loads of enquiries this week about availability of Hotel Rooms and Weekend Passes for the Weekender.

All the hotel accomodation/weekender passes sold out ( Andy Bellwood has gone down as a legend by travelling down LAST weekend (!) all the way from Yorkshire by mistake and cannot make it on the right date, but his room was snapped up right away. He passes on his good comments about the Cliffdene Hotel. The people there managed to get him a room but had a panic for a second or two as they thought 200 Soulies were about to descend on them. Brilliant!)

Weekend Passes - Got a limited amount available @ £30 each. They can be ordered securely on line - www.soulvation.biz

Let's up the good weather continues.

All the Best,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Hi Neil yes less than 3 weeks to now and really looking forward to my 1st visit to the Newquay weekender. looking forward to meeting a few folks I admire from the Northern & Modern scene.

plus meeting up with lots of friends on the scene, Gloucestershire will be well represented with at least a dozen of us making the trip down.

will be bringing a mixed bag of soul tunes to spin for you all.

Modern room sets from me will contain some nice mellow sides plus some steppers and some more uptempo soulful house outings to boot.

on the northern side I will be playing some top quality classics alongside some very nice underplayed gems just to keep it interesting.

Can't wait,

It will mean I will have spent my last four or five outings in the company of Nige Brown!!!! The bugger hasn't bought me a beer yet though!!!

maybe I'll manage to get one of those nice west country Ciders out of him at the weekender!!!!

best regards

Neil Self

Loads of people still asking about accomodation.

Subject to no last minute cancellations all the rooms at The Cliffdene have gone.

There are Weekend Passes left but they are going fast.

They are £30 each and can be purchased securely on line via PayPal/Credit/Debit Card from - www.soulvation.biz

Got so many top DJ's on am struggling to get everyone fitted in on the timetable!

And there's some lovely people/nutters booked up! And somne thirsty ones too - can't see the champagne lasting long at the reception on Friday!!

All the Best,

Neil

Thought it might be a good idea if the DJ's could give a flavour of the event by listing some of the tunes they will be playing at Newquay?

To kick it off, here's a few from me for the Northern room

LOVE AIN'T LOVE - FLORENCE BALLARD (ABC)

Just had the great pleasure of meeting the wonderful Robert Bateman who produced this gem. Have always loved it, but can't stop now playing it after hearing from Robert all about the recordiing session. Van McCoy, who wrote the song, popped along to see how things were going and ended up doing backing vcoals!

SPEAK YOUR PEACE -THE FABULOUS PEPS (D-TOWN)

THE PROOF OF YOUR LOVE - JACKIE & THE TONETTS (D-TOWN)

CRYING DAYS ARE OVER - KELLY BROTHERS (SIMS)

MAGIC CORNER - BELITTA WOODS (KAREN)

A NEW DAY BEGINS - THE PARLIAMENTS (REVILOT)

JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY - SHIRLEY KAROL (DAKAR)

LONELY YOU'LL BE - JOHNNIE MAE MATTHEWS (JAM)

TRUST IN ME - JACKIE ROSS (NORTHERN SOUL STORIES)

THE GENERATION GAP - CARL CARLTON

(I Can) DEAL WITH THAT - DEE EDWARDS (DE-TO)

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU - THE EVER GREEN BLUES (MERCURY)

ALL ABOUT THE PAPER - THE DELLS (20th CENTURY FOX)

STOP STEPPIN' ON MY DREAMS - JERRY BUTLER (MERCURY)

DIDN'T I TELL YOU - LOU RAGLAND (INFERNO)

ME AND YOU (DOIN' THE BOOGALOO) - LOU COURTNEY (MIRASOUND ACETATE - LOOKS A BIT SEXIER THAN SOUSSAN'S BOOTLEG!)

All the Best,

Neil

Neil here's a few bits I would love to play on Sunday no top 500 sounds here, just some really nice quality underplayed tracks

FONTELLA BASS - LUCKY IN LOVE

CARL CARLTON - WHY DON'T THEY LEAVE US ALONE

SPONTAINES - WHERE DID I GO WRONG

GLORIA TAYLOR - YOU'VE GOT TO PAY THE PRICE

BARBARA WEST - CONGRATULATIONS BABY

SYL JOHNSON - TRY ME

ESTHER PHILLIPS - I'VE NEVER FOUND A MAN

ANTHONY WHITE - HEY BABY

SOUNDMASTERS - LONELY LONELY

DON GARDNER - IS THIS REALLY LOVE

THE JONESES - WHO LOVE'S YOU BABY

CANDACE LOVE - WONDERFUL NIGHT

THE TRAMMPS - WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

MARY LOVE - I'M IN YOUR HANDS

GARLAND GREEN - GIRL I LOVE YOU

ANDREA HENRY - I NEED YOU LIKE A BABY

GAMBRELLS - JIVE TALK/FIND A LOVE

On the modern side anything from soulful 80's boogie through to Y2K and beyond

CARL ANDERSON BUTTERCUP

MICHAEL HENDERSON TAKE ME I'M YOURS

STACY MALLORY & GERIDEAU - CHANGES

ROBERT BROOKINS - IF YOU ONLY KNEW

AL GREEN - KEEP ON PUSHIN LOVE

GEORGE MENA & FRANKIE ESTEVEZ - HOME, WHERE I WANNA BE, GOING BACK TO PHILLY

DAVID JOSEPH - YOU CAN'T HIDE YOUR LOVE

MARK STAGGERS - ALL MY LOVING

GARY DES-TAGES - DANCE WITH ME/GLOW OF LOVE

SOUL HARMONICS - COFFEE/MISCOMMUNICATE

DIRA - NO MORE TEARS

STEPHANIE COOKE - THINKING I'M BEAUTIFUL

APHREME & DONALD SHEFFEY - COME A LITTLE CLOSER

ANDRE DE LANG - COULD YOU BE

CHOKLATE - THE TEA

CHAKA KHAN - NEVER MISS THE WATER

D INFLUENCE - MAGIC

plus loads of other stuff if time permits

and requests of course!!!

best

Neil self

these 8 are being played constantly at home, so they'll def. be coming to Newquay

royal imperials

terrible frankie nieves

joe bataan [ subway joe ]

esther phillips [ boy I really tied one on ]

ward burton

soul bros inc [ all the time ]

lil major williams

nina simone

we can't wait - and the weather is getting better day by day

bring it on !!

pete lyster

Guest Dr Pickles

Would love get some uptempo, nighter sounds on the decks for the Sunday Night party:

Carl Holmes C/U ..... You've Got To Have It

Turley Richards ..... I Feel All Right

LJ Reynolds .... Intruder

Sonny Rhodes .... You Better Stop

Eddie Daye .... Lean On Me

John Wesley .... Love Is Such a Funny Thing

Limitations ..... I'm Lonely, I'm Troubled

The Vontastics ..... Let Me Down Easy

Billy Kennedy ..... Sweet Things

We'll have to see on the night.

See you there

Doc

And representing Stafford and N Manchesterrrrrrrr!

Il be bringing down to Surf on the Decks

AIREDALES -- IL NEVER TURN MY BACK ON YOU

AUDRY SLO -- GONNA FIND THE RIGHT GUY

CHUCK BERNARD -- MY BABY

KITTENS -- HEY OPERATOR

CHRIS MORGAN -- WHO AM I

BOBBY & PREMIERS --- GOTTA HAVE A REASON

ARTHUR CONLEY --- KEEP ON TALKIN

VONDORS - LOOK IN THE MIRROR

LEON COLLINS -- I JUST WANNA SAY I LOVE YOU

JACKIE WILSON -- SOULVILLE/ LOVELY WAY TO DIE

AND A WILDCARD,,., LETS PARTY!!

AFRICAN RHYTHMS - THE RHYTHM FACTORY

Wont be long now

Surfs Up!!!

Nige B beer.gifhypo.gifblush.gifbiggrin.gif

cliffdene.jpg

TRAVEL TO NEWQUAY

BY ROAD

BY RAIL

BY AIR

ryanair.gif

Return - from £19.85

flybe.gif

Return - from £33.99

air_south_west.gif

Return - from £49.00

APRIL 30 TO MAY 2, 2010

HOW TO BOOK

BY POST

SOULVATION

Staffordshire. WS7 8SX

WEEKENDER PASS

pixel.gif

Yep best to pop into '15' for a ' SURF and TURF' lol. Have a good un' and hope you get some good sunny weather. T Bone. oz.

Guest Glawster

Would love get some uptempo, nighter sounds on the decks for the Sunday Night party:

Carl Holmes C/U ..... You've Got To Have It

Turley Richards ..... I Feel All Right

LJ Reynolds .... Intruder

Sonny Rhodes .... You Better Stop

Eddie Daye .... Lean On Me

John Wesley .... Love Is Such a Funny Thing

Limitations ..... I'm Lonely, I'm Troubled

The Vontastics ..... Let Me Down Easy

Billy Kennedy ..... Sweet Things

We'll have to see on the night.

See you there

Doc

In the words of Dennis Norden - "It'll be alright on the night" ,thats for sure if you crank these choons out Doc!

Just back from a pre-Weekender trip to Newquay and everything looking great. Everyone at The Cliffdene was very impressed with the good grace with which Andy Bellwood took the news at Easter that he had travelled down from York on the wrong weekend, and say if everyone is as good humoured as Andy, they will be very happy (mind you, there's also a theory going around that Andy was sent down on a a spying mission by Spot to find the best bedroom...)

All accomodation long gone at the hotel, but still have some weekender music passes available @ £30 each. They can be ordered on-line from the web site -

www.soulvation.biz

Check in is available at The Cliffdene from 2pm on the Friday and weekend passes for those not staying at the hotel will also be available at the same time from the hotel reception.

There's a bucks fizz reception at the hotel from 5pm on the Friday. After dinner, music kicks off from 8pm and carries on until 4am. Simon White and Steve Lloyd have been added to the DJ line up in the Modern lounge (saw Terry Jones at the weekend and he can't wait to do his thing in the Modern Room).

Saturday afternoon the action takes place at the very funky FISTRAL BLU beach over, which is in prime position overlooking Fistral Beach, home of the UK surfing scene. The bar has speakers outside and inside so everyone will be able to have a mooch around and still hear the music...the bar has got a cafe above it selling pizzas, fish and chips and so on, and above that is a very nice restaurant which is really swish and has a view over the beach and the Atlantic Ocean which is absolutel fantastic. The restaurant is open from 12 till 3pm and menus and other info is on their web site -

www.fistral-blu.co.uk

Fistral beach is about 20 minutes walk from The Cliffdene and you get it via Newquay town centre, so the opportunity is there to head for the town, find a pub or a bar for a first drink and then head to the beach bar. Music on the afternoon will be Northern & Modern with an uplifting vibe to tie in with the sunshine we will hopefully get over the weekend.

Saturday night it's back to The Cliffdene for Northern and Modern sessions from 8pm till 4am and on the Sunday afternoon (lots of folk staying over on the Sunday this year) both rooms will be open, then on Sunday night after dinner it's a finale session in the one room.

Newquay has become known as the friendly weekender and this is going to be the best one yet.

All the Best,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Just back from a pre-Weekender trip to Newquay and everything looking great. Everyone at The Cliffdene was very impressed with the good grace with which Andy Bellwood took the news at Easter that he had travelled down from York on the wrong weekend, and say if everyone is as good humoured as Andy, they will be very happy (mind you, there's also a theory going around that Andy was sent down on a a spying mission by Spot to find the best bedroom...)

All accomodation long gone at the hotel, but still have some weekender music passes available @ £30 each. They can be ordered on-line from the web site -

www.soulvation.biz

Check in is available at The Cliffdene from 2pm on the Friday and weekend passes for those not staying at the hotel will also be available at the same time from the hotel reception.

There's a bucks fizz reception at the hotel from 5pm on the Friday. After dinner, music kicks off from 8pm and carries on until 4am. Simon White and Steve Lloyd have been added to the DJ line up in the Modern lounge (saw Terry Jones at the weekend and he can't wait to do his thing in the Modern Room).

Saturday afternoon the action takes place at the very funky FISTRAL BLU beach over, which is in prime position overlooking Fistral Beach, home of the UK surfing scene. The bar has speakers outside and inside so everyone will be able to have a mooch around and still hear the music...the bar has got a cafe above it selling pizzas, fish and chips and so on, and above that is a very nice restaurant which is really swish and has a view over the beach and the Atlantic Ocean which is absolutel fantastic. The restaurant is open from 12 till 3pm and menus and other info is on their web site -

www.fistral-blu.co.uk

Fistral beach is about 20 minutes walk from The Cliffdene and you get it via Newquay town centre, so the opportunity is there to head for the town, find a pub or a bar for a first drink and then head to the beach bar. Music on the afternoon will be Northern & Modern with an uplifting vibe to tie in with the sunshine we will hopefully get over the weekend.

Saturday night it's back to The Cliffdene for Northern and Modern sessions from 8pm till 4am and on the Sunday afternoon (lots of folk staying over on the Sunday this year) both rooms will be open, then on Sunday night after dinner it's a finale session in the one room.

Newquay has become known as the friendly weekender and this is going to be the best one yet.

All the Best,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

thumbsup.gifSounds Great Neil cant come soon enough,,, so many great memories of Last Years weather and laughs!thumbsup.gif

Picci is one knacked promotor too much sun n ale laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Nige B

post-1851-12717049874955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest karen b

This weekend is going to be a BLAST,yes.gif

and don't forget to get yourselves into the Headlands Hotel,the big gothic building

overlooking Fistral Beach for an afternoon cream tea,

with the best panoramic views in Cornwall.

Admitedly a little pricy, and OK a petit bit 'ponsy' swoon.gif

but you will not be dissapointed.no.gif

Great music, fantastic friends and one of my favourite places combining All the

things we love!!!beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifshades.gifshades.gifshades.gifhypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gif I think you get it!!!lol

Love to all Karen (and Pete)xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nige, did you take that picture from behind the decks? :D

Yes Pete , stood at the side of you while you where DJing at the King Georges Hall in Blackburn!!:wicked:

I just pretended it was Newquay ,,,, BITCH!:laugh:

Still we can all be humerous behind the keyboard cant we:yes:

Youl be entertaining us in a week or so , so no pressure for ya!! :sweatingbullets:

Notice No Possible Plays listed from ya yet,,, come on lets be avin ya!!! :shhh:

Seeya soon:D

Love n Soul

Don xxxxxxxxx

This weekend is going to be a BLAST,:yes:

and don't forget to get yourselves into the Headlands Hotel,the big gothic building

with the best panoramic views in Cornwall.

Admitedly a little pricy, and OK a petit bit 'ponsy' :swoon:

but you will not be dissapointed.:no:

Great music, fantastic friends and one of my favourite places combining All the

things we love!!!:beer::beer::beer:shadesshadesshades:hypo::hypo::hypo: I think you get it!!!lol

Love to all Karen (and Pete)xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bit different from the Blue Lagoon on a Saturday night (persuading the commercial jock to spin our tunes) after the Penventon all-dayer eh Karen? Have a great time!

Yes Pete , stood at the side of you while you where DJing at the King Georges Hall in Blackburn!!wicked.gif

I just pretended it was Newquay ,,,, BITCH!laugh.gif

Still we can all be humerous behind the keyboard cant weyes.gif

Youl be entertaining us in a week or so , so no pressure for ya!! sweatingbullets.gif

Notice No Possible Plays listed from ya yet,,, come on lets be avin ya!!! shhh.gif

Seeya soonbiggrin.gif

Love n Soul

Don xxxxxxxxx

Correct big fella, no willy-waving from the cakeboy, my first time so will see what it's about and try and play accordingly, :yes:

If by chance I follow you at least folk will be ready for a dance, :rolleyes:

Oh and your round I believe Don beer.gif

Not long now :thumbsup:

Goodness me I am going to choke on all this testostrone :ohmy:

Very much looking forward to next weeks trip , sun has got its hat on at last ! I really do fancy afternoon tea in that hotel Karen mentioned , but can I be a dragged away from the surfing :no: we wiil have to see.

Looks like it's gonna be FUn :laugh:

Boards picnic and wet suits at the ready :ph34r:

This weekend is going to be a BLAST,:yes:

Karen, if you should need any assistance despatching the contents of a multi-tiered cake stand, you know I'm your woman :yes: Save me a cream horn :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing you and everyone, only a week to go! It's a sunny 14 degrees in Newquay today :D

Correct big fella, no willy-waving from the cakeboy, my first time so will see what it's about and try and play accordingly, :wink:

Hey up Cakemeister, after you've played all my requests, you'll just about have time for a record of your choice :D Reckon you should have Hawaii 5-0 :laugh:

Tee x

Guest Glawster

Tick tock tick tock cant wait!

Reinforcing my surfboard and getting my wet suit stretched mmmm just a thought maybe I'll leave them at home and go for the 3 TIERED CAKESTANDyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

Keep that sunshine on hold for next weekend!shades.gifshades.gif

Edited by Glawster

Tick tock tick tock cant wait!

Reinforcing my surfboard and getting my wet suit stretched mmmm just a thought maybe I'll leave them at home and go for the 3 TIERED CAKESTANDyes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

Keep that sunshine on hold for next weekend!shades.gifshades.gif

Oh Yes less than a week to go now!!

Hope Rob's leg has healed up enough to be able to make it, he's been in hospital for a few days, got an infection in the wound, but was hoping to be out Saturday.

Ann and I had a laugh this morning at the thought of Rob heading off into the distance in a wheelchair LOL!!!!!

Neil Rushton said he would let us know later on today what the roster for the weekender would be, hopefully he will post it up on here for us all to peruse.

Best Neil self

Neil

We've managed to shimmy into the Cliffdene, but before I release it, does anyone want a double room for Sat & Sun at the Best Western hotel in Newquay? It's £140 for the 2 nights. PM me if you'd like it, it's booked, but doesn't need to be paid until you get there.

Tee