Essence Of Love/ Eugene Smiley And Essence Of Love

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I liked it, but that was about 25 years ago when Robin Salter used to play it. I think it must be quite rare as I've never seen it for sale.

I've seen it once on eBay and in knackered condition. Went fairly cheap wish I placed a bid on it. It's too fast and messy and the intro's not that good but it got some real good parts. Pitch -5 and a edit perhaps? :)

Social source share

I liked it, but that was about 25 years ago when Robin Salter used to play it. I think it must be quite rare as I've never seen it for sale.

Robin has good taste has does yourself so think it might be `up my street`thumbup.gif ..Will try and find a sound clip...Anybodytumbleweed3.gif

Social source share

Cheers Nev. Take it price doesnt differ between the Eugene Smiley & Essence of love?

A really great track, although dont think it tops the wants list for me at that price, better tunes to chase for the dosh

Google search shows it went for a lot more than £600 but condition is the key ......tis a very sought after modern 45 and not easy to track down no.gif

Original question from you .....is it harder on Essence or Eugene and essence...... I would say Essence is harder , but still hard on either.....don't think price varies ,more a case of demand for either will push the price up in the "must have at any cost " scenariobiggrin.gif

Social source share

The Light Blue issues credited to Essence of Love, in my experience are far harder than the ES & EL WD. Bloody fantastic record IMHO & a hard record on either press. This was covered up as the Fiestas wasnt it, early 8ts.........for the life of me I cant imagine why it was covered as the Fiestas lol laugh.gif

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!