Va Va Voom Back In Tufnell Park, London, Sat 24Th April

Well here we are in our 6th year of VaVa Voom!

First of all we'd like to thank everyone who's supported us over the years & especially last year with the great enthusiasm & encouragement we got relaunching the club after a two year gap.

This years proceedings we hope to be the best yet in bringing you a varied mix of quality 60's & 70's rare soul & crossover with a plethora of some of the best rare soul dj's on the planet!

We have three soul nights at our now current venue The Boston Music Rooms, Tufnell Park, another London New Years Eve Allnighter & hopefully an alldayer sandwiched in there somewhere.

Kicking the year off on Saturday 24th April we have fellow dj's, friends & fine (sometimes)* upstanding citizens John Weston* & Gav Evans!

Both John & Gav have outstanding collections, exquisite taste & both offer something a little different & special to the Vava voom mix.

I'll leave their musical background, styles & current playlists for another post in the near future (bump,bump,wink,wink).... Suffice to say it's set to be a rip-roaring, stonker of a night!

Joining these two vinyl demigods are your resident minions Yann Vatiste, Ady Lupton & the moonlighting Joel Maslin....

If you haven't been to the Boston before you get a relatively cheap bar, good sized wooden dancefloor, great sound system (now), nice venue with a good atmosphere & best of all a great, knowledgeable, smart up for it crowd!!!

It's also just a stone's throw from Tufnell Park tube, has plenty of free parking in surrounding streets & is just 20 mins off the A1 if you're travelling from the north.:

Be great to see you there,

Cheers,

Ady

VA VA VOOM

BIRMINGHAM'S BEST JOHN WESTON & WELSH WHYTHM 'N' SOUL WIZARD GAV EVANS

PLUS YOUR RESIDENTS * YANN VATISTE * ADY LUPTON * JOEL MASLIN

PLAYING NORTHERN SOUL * RARE 60's * CROSSOVER

SATURDAY APRIL 24th 2010 * 8pm - 3am * £7 O.T.D.

BOSTON MUSIC ROOMS * 178 JUNCTION ROAD * TUFNELL PARK N19 * LONDON

OPPOSITE TUFNELL PARK TUBE STATION

INFO: ADYLUPTON@YAHOO.COM OR YANNVATISTE@MAC.COM

https://web.me.com/ya...om/Welcome.html

Edited by ady lupton
  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Known to most of the UK's Mod scene & a good majority of the London soul fraternity, Gav Evans has been an avid collector & DJ for the past 20 odd years.

After a couple of decades Djing the Mod rallies & numerous Mod/Soul clubs Gav culminated in running "Shotgun" a very successful R&B/Soul club in Borough, South London with fellow Dj & collector Vic Ranger.

It's been a few years since I've heard him Dj & although still collecting great records Gav declines a lot of Djing offers these days, therefore it's an honor & a pleasure to have him as one of our guests this April!

Adding to that it also happens to be Gav's 40th so if you'd like to help give the old geezer a good shindig then get yourself down the Boston!

Here's a flavour of some of Gav's spins you might hear on the night.

Les Chansonettes - Don't let him hurt you (Shrine)

Danny Woods - You had me fooled (Correctone)

Arthur Alexander - Keep her guessing (Dot)

The Fabulous Dimensions - I can't take it, baby (Sapphire)

The Trends - Thanks for a little loving (ABC)

Willy McDougal - Don't turn away (Kinard)

Patience Valentine - If you don't come (Sar)

The Knight Brothers - Second hand lover (Checker)

The Isonics - Sugar (Kammy)

Gerri Hall - Who can I run to (Hot Line)

Billy Keen - I finally got wise (Galaxy)

Eddie Hill - You got the best of me (Thelma)

The Jackson Brothers - I gotta hear it from you ( Providence )

Gladys Tyler - A little bitty girl (Decca)

Troy Dodds - Try my love (El Camino)

Cody Black - I'm slowly molding (King)

T.C Lee & the Bricklayers - Up and down the hill (King)

Johnnie Taylor - Blues in the night ( Atlantic )

Betty Lou & Bobby Adams - Dr Truelove (Tra-x)

Otis Lee - Hard Road to Hoe (Quaint)

The Blue Jays - Point of View (Jay)

Hector Rivera - I want a chance for romance (Barry)

Martha Star - Love is the only solution (Thelma)

Betty Turner - The winds kept laughing (Crescent)

Steve Aldo - You're absolutely right (Parlophone)

Chapter Five - You can't mean it (CBS)

Oliver Joy - Keep Love Growing (Big Deal)

Pentagons - Gonna wait for you (Sutter)

Delores Ealy - I've been looking (Velvet)

Carl Underwood - Ain't you lying? (Merging)

Bobby Adams - Don't you feel it (Purdy)

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Ady

• 2 weeks later...

Only one week to go before our first VaVaVoom of the year with our two special guests John Spaghettis Weston & Gav Evans.

As usual free VVVoom great Cd's will be given on first come first serve basis, so join us earlier to get yours!!!

DOORS OPEN AT 8PM.

You shouldn't have any problem getting there, the volcanic cloud should not affect your journey.:D

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Full details bellow:

https://web.me.com/ya...om/Welcome.html

Yann

Edited by Yann V
Guest Mrs Simsy

NOT SURE YET WE AINT WORKED OUT THE LOGISTICS , BUT HOPING TO COME DOWN WITH WESTON ON THE TRAIN???

ALWAYS WANTED TO COME, ITS SOUNDS RITE UP OUR STREET MUSICALLY, FAB RESIDENTS AND FABULOUS GUESTS OF COURSE :lol:

You would love it Lou!:no:

Top soul night, great sounds & a great atmosphere! Not to mention a great dancefloor....it's just great!:ohmy:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Yup, the Va Va Voom official photographer will be in residence!:lol: Be nice to catch up with Ms Morris & your good self Ollie!:lol:

Looking forward to it!:D

Guest Mrs Simsy

Should I bring some spare batteries?:thumbsup:biggrin.gif

:yes:

Been having a very stressful week at work & am glad it's Friday tomorrow which will mean it's only 1 sleep away before a boogie round the floor & a giggle with my mates!thumbsup.gif

:g:

Been having a very stressful week at work & am glad it's Friday tomorrow which will mean it's only 1 sleep away before a boogie round the floor & a giggle with my mates!thumbsup.gif

I'll come and have a giggle with you girl biggrin.gif see ya' there.

Just over 24 hrs to go for the 1st VaVa Voom of the year & looks like it's gonna be another busy one with folks travelling from near & far.

Yann's collecting Weston from Marylebone at 3pm & have warned him to keep John away from his drinks cabinet till at least 6!

If you are in the Tuffnel Park vacinity early & you fancy a pre doors opening nibble or a tipple, we'll be in the tapas 'Bar Lorca' across the street from around 6.30pm. There's plenty of other eateries around there too.

As Yann's already mentioned we're also giving away another rather fab(if I say so myself)free Cd to the 1st 50 through the door!

Another reason to arrive early is we have another birthday boy Chris(Trickster)Harvey spinning his pleasing birthday platters for the 1st hour!

Look forward to seeing you there,

cheers,

Ady

Guest Mrs Simsy

I'll come and have a giggle with you girl :thumbsup: see ya' there.

See you tomorrow!:lol:

I'll be there in my new role as the thinking man's promoter armed with flyers and bonhomie.

I'll take some for you Ady. Always out & about somewhere!:D

Just over 24 hrs to go for the 1st VaVa Voom of the year & looks like it's gonna be another busy one with folks travelling from near & far.

Yann's collecting Weston from Marylebone at 3pm & have warned him to keep John away from his drinks cabinet till at least 6!

If you are in the Tuffnel Park vacinity early & you fancy a pre doors opening nibble or a tipple, we'll be in the tapas 'Bar Lorca' across the street from around 6.30pm. There's plenty of other eateries around there too.

As Yann's already mentioned we're also giving away another rather fab(if I say so myself)free Cd to the 1st 50 through the door!

Another reason to arrive early is we have another birthday boy Chris(Trickster)Harvey spinning his pleasing birthday platters for the 1st hour!

Look forward to seeing you there,

cheers,

Ady

Hmm, a tibble and a nipple.... See you there!

Guest CapitolSC

my first trip to Va Va Voom & really looking forward to it :thumbsup:

You will have the most fantastic time, sorry we can't make it ourselves, but look forward to the next one and have a TOP night indeed yes.gif. sx