Do Any Tunes Make You Cry

Guest rikerliker

the ojays - i'll never forget you makes me shed a tear, it's the song i had on in the car when i got a phone call to say my Dad had died. Now the tears are happy tears if you know what i mean. i always think it was strange that this song was playing it could have been one of thousands. still miss you Dad xxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

• Replies 122
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not sure i could look at that again, Levi was the first voice that got me on the road to soul heaven..

This is the kind of topic i like on this forum, something that touches the heart and brings people together, rather than bull shit that breaks us apart..

I have always been a soul man at heart and love to be stopped dead in my tracks by a tune, just stop and feel that moment...

Been looking for this track on refo, no luck... Found it on youtube....

Just stop and listen.... at 1.32 the angels come in and there is a short flute burst... Then it just builds and the voice takes on magic proportions... soul indeed.. I could go on for the rest of my life on this topic alone....

Soul strikes me so deep, it rocks my world.... Gonna have a jazz fag now and dig some more :huh:

have a listen..

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=c345pCd8pUc

I can't believe I've been listening to Al Green for almost 40 years , and yet didn't know this side - incredible , many thanks for posting up Steve .Best wishes ,Eddie

Social source share

not read through the whole thread so apologise if this has been mentioned before, but listen to the lyrics of Martha Reeves "no one there", this is so sad.

Social source share

Edwin starr , faith in you on the day he died...had a cd on in the car and it came on just after i had heard the news of his death

EDWIN STARR - I HAVE FAITH IN YOU -

Yeh,shivers down the back of the neck, and then sad.gif

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

First time I watched "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" towards the end when Chaka Khan sings "Aint no mountain high enough". It was the big announcement, you know the one "Give up the love" etc, etc and all the Funks come on with the photos of the deceased members. Got to admit I was very choked up, still gets me now whenever I watch it

The power and the emotion of soul music !!!

Dave

PS Mind you when the Gospel choir came in on the chorus, that did it for me as well

Social source share

The Sapphires--Lets Break up for a while----always gives me ticker a tug

Plus--most 4 tops ----simple game--where did you go etc

Eddie Kendricks singing on "just my Immagination"

The list goes on--- Walter Jackson--An uphill climb to the bottom

Edited by espo
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

yeh the two pieces of shit that john mcclure bought at burnley and played for us when we got home.In fact three of us cried with laughter at how bad they were lol:laugh:

Social source share

yeh the two pieces of shit that john mcclure bought at burnley and played for us when we got home.In fact three of us cried with laughter at how bad they were lollaugh.gif

Dave, Shhh shhh.gif

You'll ruin my "underplayed at Burnley" sales patter sweatingbullets.gif

Honest John hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Dave, Shhh shhh.gif

You'll ruin my "underplayed at Burnley" sales patter sweatingbullets.gif

Honest John hatsoff2.gif

Just sell em to TED, tell him karl covers em up ........with 2 ton of cow shit..........biggrin.gif remember mate folk can say uptempo......but can they play uptempo well for more than 2 tunesbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Quite sure this'll get booted off to freebasing,but here we go.....

Charles Johnson-Never Had A Love So Good

Brand New Heavies-Stay This Way

The Elgins- Heaven Must Must Have Sent You

"JUST REMEMBER ME" - THE CREATIONS - GLOBE. I know I may never be coming back, but "just remember me"!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!