Eight More Batcave Adventures

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cant believe this venue willclose its doors later this year. it took a while to feel accustomed to going , and now its likely to close , is it something i said? or did? Does anyone else feel a as bereft as me?

Yes, heard the rumour myself, hope it's not true!

Just setting off there via Heywood!

Phil?

Big thanks to everyone who has posted on Refosoul!

Social source share

BURNLEY SHUTTING WON,T MAKE THE REST ANY BETTER I,M AFRAID:wink:

No quite right, and with such an intimate club, so many people given the chance to entertain there . i just think theres so many more possibilities to deliver an atmoshere many people will remember but not many venues can match The place , the younger visitors having something of their experience of an allnighter personalised percieved first hand rather than talked up ,down, eulogised or incised, hallowed or demonised, and with music heard without preconception or a chance to get to know more than most are afforded by direct enquiry.

Nowhere in my opinion is as accomodating to enquiry as this place and its guests , a place where a question about music can invite more information than the sum of one person, who is maybe guarded about their possession .requests are more regularly placed at the front of the queue than derided and forgottenby the time the last record is queued.ive learned more about soul music and more tunes in this place than in the previous thirty years in total.i was rather hoping, rather than accept that something is going , why not discuss ways to keep this little crucible producing its fiery little gems.

Social source share

No quite right, and with such an intimate club, so many people given the chance to entertain there . i just think theres so many more possibilities to deliver an atmoshere many people will remember but not many venues can match The place , the younger visitors having something of their experience of an allnighter personalised percieved first hand rather than talked up ,down, eulogised or incised, hallowed or demonised, and with music heard without preconception or a chance to get to know more than most are afforded by direct enquiry.

Nowhere in my opinion is as accomodating to enquiry as this place and its guests , a place where a question about music can invite more information than the sum of one person, who is maybe guarded about their possession .requests are more regularly placed at the front of the queue than derided and forgottenby the time the last record is queued.ive learned more about soul music and more tunes in this place than in the previous thirty years in total.i was rather hoping, rather than accept that something is going , why not discuss ways to keep this little crucible producing its fiery little gems.

Quality post...

Is Phil looking for another venue or is the night to close, end of???

Social source share

Apologies for not answering sooner guys, but I wasn't sure what was happening myself. I was hoping to keep the nighter going till the end of 2010, but due to circumstances beyond my control I am going to have to call it a day. Last Saturday was the last Burnley Allnighter.

My thanks to all who made it what it was over the three and a half years. Many happy memories and good friends.

Phil.

Social source share

Apologies for not answering sooner guys, but I wasn't sure what was happening myself. I was hoping to keep the nighter going till the end of 2010, but due to circumstances beyond my control I am going to have to call it a day. Last Saturday was the last Burnley Allnighter.

My thanks to all who made it what it was over the three and a half years. Many happy memories and good friends.

Phil.

Sorry to hear it Phil.

Well done!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=10143&do=view_album&album=2095

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=10143&do=view_album&album=2030

Edited by billb
Social source share

Guest rosemary

Phil.

Papa Phil, I'm guttedsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif.........

I'd like to thank you Phil for putting on this upfront, in your face, wonderful alnighter........thumbup.gif. never again will they're be an alnighter that plays music which blows your 'head off' as soon as you climb the stairs to the Batcave, and the wonderful friends I have made....... the children of the nighthatsoff2.gif.

lots of love Rosemary xxx

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Phil.

Thank you for putting it on, Phil. It was a privilage to have been there as a dancer (not as often as I would have liked!) and an honor to have been able to share some records as a DJ.

I'll have to post the recording I took of the first night Butch DJed? Mike, can I get it onto refosoul or is it too big? It's well over 2 hours long. If not I'll do some CDs, bring them to Prestatyn and I'm sure the Batcave regulars can copy them up and share them amongst themselves?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Phil.

Phil, so sorry to hear this and I sincerely hope you will continue and find a new batcave to celebrate yours and the other resident DJ´s great and always innovative spins.

ATB

Marc

Social source share

Sorry to hear this news Phil, ive never had a bad nite there always great music, great place to buy n sell those rare 45,s

and best of all the people everyone special .... Yes im glad myself n Jane came Saturday nite if it was the last nite, it was has usual a brilliant nite with all the dj,s we heard in top form, WELL DONE PHIL AND ALL THE RESIDENT DJ,S FOR PUTTING ON SO MANY MEMORABLE NITEShatsoff2.gifthumbsup.gif

ALL THE BEST Ian C

Social source share

Phil.

hatsoff2.gifsorry to hear that phil, last few nighters has been a struggle crowd wise, hit just right mate, hold your head high, well done; happy memories billy hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Thank you for putting it on, Phil. It was a privilage to have been there as a dancer (not as often as I would have liked!) and an honor to have been able to share some records as a DJ.

I'll have to post the recording I took of the first night Butch DJed? Mike, can I get it onto refosoul or is it too big? It's well over 2 hours long. If not I'll do some CDs, bring them to Prestatyn and I'm sure the Batcave regulars can copy them up and share them amongst themselves?

Gutted Phil!!.Didn't attend near as much as i should,but always looked forward to it.Top sounds and dj's,loved it.One of my fondest memories is doing the warm up (with some other dodgy geezer!!) for you.Those journey's up with Big Paul and meeting all the Children of the Night will always stay with me.

So,where are the Children of the Batcave to go next???.Will be wearing me badge at Prest in honour.thumbsup.gif

James,bring those cd's to Prestatyn please - you're not a bad old stick really....honest !!! laugh.gif

Social source share

save one for me James :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I 've had some great nights there :hypo: , It was adventure trying to get there and home if the weather nono.gif was not good, sweatingbullets.gif:thumbsup: but always worth it. Richard Bayley and myself owe a great deal to Trevski for lifts he gave us. Musically on par with the Wilton and the main man of Burnley, who set the place on fire for me was Carl Heard, :wub: it's gonna be a hard place to replicate :g: and it was great to have been part of it. :thumbup:Thanks Philski

Regards

ANdy :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry to hear that Phil, unfortunately I never managed to get there but all the reports I heard were top class, well done mate thumbsup.gif No chance of moving the club to another venue ?

If Mr Trouble manages to sort the CD any chance someone could do me a copy? I will of course reimburse for any costs.

Best Wishes Burnley hatsoff2.gif

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert