• Replies 58
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Little Darling i Need you is by far the best song he made failing that Two Can Have a Party with Tammi Terrell or If I Could Build My Whole World Around You

Social source share

Guest Dante

Ain't No Mountain High if it counts, one of my faves of all time.

Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)

What's Going On...

The list is endless.

Social source share

has he done anything bad ? . if i had to pick one (this is hard). ok i will choose "COME GET TO THIS".

i will second that statement , so the selection of the " best " MG recording is extremely difficult .

Malc Burton

Social source share

goes without saying, an artist who has NEVER made a bad recording and thus, presents us all with the headache of "CALLING IT". I'LL NOT BE UPSETTING THE APPLECART THEN, WHEN SAYING YOU CANNOT BE BIASED.......marvin gaye sits at the right hand of god....thats how revered he is. this is a human being who could turn his hand to any musical style without so much as a slight ( case in point) "its not unusual" hamming it up and still making it sound reputable,...the undisputed joy with which he reads "his eye is on the sparrow" portraying his homage to the lord, his respect for his african roots through the lover's rock/ calypso feel of "sexual healing". he blends, even now, into so many catergories. we dont share the love of the man and his music unreservedly, every generation from every corner of the globe observes his interpretation of how music should look, sound and feel long after his living embodiment has departed....his soul lives on and, his "SOUL" lives on.

so im not for putting any particular tune on the line, although that is the purpose of this thread....the man is a law unto his-self, i love everything he did.

what i would like to see is him performing in that great forum in the sky....bagsy first in the quque!!, although my other half is likely to beat me to it!!!

rob.h

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

ain't that peculiar -

absolutely class, love all his stuff except for sexual healing - hate that one I'm afraid!

Social source share

Little Darling i Need you is by far the best song he made failing that Two Can Have a Party with Tammi Terrell or If I Could Build My Whole World Around You

whistling.gifimho got to agree and include "ain't that peculiar" really really soulful ............ johno

Social source share

Ian:

Stubborn kinda fellow, I'll be doggone, little darling, can i get a witness, ain't that peculiar

Debbie x :

Can i get a witness, Stubborn kinda fellow

Nice one, you've saved me some typing....not familiar with stubborn kinda fellow ?

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

i agree on the sexual healing stuff. leaves me feeling like i need a shower.

I know! no idea why he got involved with this one!

Social source share

60s - 'When I had your love (I was a king)' - Amazing musical arrangement, love the 'King and I' style siamese style intro and one of MARVIN'S most soulful vocals. Achingly good example of Motown's creative production supremacy.

70s - 'Come get to this' - Great melody, superb vocal, stunning drum sounds and that doo-wop flashback ending is pure genius!

Had a MARTHA REEVES day yesterday, topped off with watching her comments in that 'Requiem for Detroit' film....Sun's shining brightly, gonna go for a MARVIN GAYE indulgence session today I think, with these two to kick off!thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I want you

But really the entire 'I want you' LP is a masterpiece, and surely one of the greatest soul recordings ever !

That's all my opinion of course, but then I think 'Sexual Healing' is unbelievably brilliant too.

Social source share

Seconded..... thumbup.gif.....

....if you've gotta choose one, this is the one for me too..

THIRD! I voted for it on POST 40 lol!

That's 3 of us who have voted for a record I've never heard played at a do in my life!thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert