Easington Welfare Hall County Durham [Charity] 13/3/2010]

With people coming from as far away as blackburn & wigan this place went back five years last night. Full to the rafters with soul fans who loved every minute, the feedback we got off the punters was very positive. And am sure will result in another event in the near future. All dj`s did there job to the utmost proffesionalism, keeping the huge sprung wooden dancefloor full till the last record. Have had a lovely week celebrating my 50th birthday, but last night was the crowning glory seeing this historic north east venue bouncing with a full dancefloor to soul music. £700 was raised for the HARTLEPOOL HOSPICE last night and with an admission fee of £3 that gives you an idea of the support we recieved. Many many thanks for your support. HARRY CROSBYthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

Edited by SONBERT
  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hey thats great Harry ! not seen you since the torch reunion ....happy birthday..... sounds like one of those nites to remember thumbsup.gif

ktf pete n' susan

Certainly was pete, its one hell of a venue ,easington welfare hall, was one of the great north east venues some years ago and has been stood empty on the soul side of things, till myself and bob armstrong were approached by the commitee to re-sume the soul nights.We had our doubters who said we`d never pull it off as the revival in the north east was over and the nights would be full of locals just using it as an escape from the pubs. Last night showed us this was not so, as i said in my original post people made the effort and travelled from far and wide, and the feedback at the end of the night proved that people do want soul nights on at the welfare. HOPE YOUR BOTH KEEPING WELL HARRY

Certainly was pete, its one hell of a venue ,easington welfare hall, was one of the great north east venues some years ago and has been stood empty on the soul side of things, till myself and bob armstrong were approached by the commitee to re-sume the soul nights.We had our doubters who said we`d never pull it off as the revival in the north east was over and the nights would be full of locals just using it as an escape from the pubs. Last night showed us this was not so, as i said in my original post people made the effort and travelled from far and wide, and the feedback at the end of the night proved that people do want soul nights on at the welfare. HOPE YOUR BOTH KEEPING WELL HARRY

Any playlists then Harry???

Guest jeffthevest

Congratulations on having such a good night, The word is that it was back to its best as a soul night and the place was jumping with not too many handbaggers ,sorry we couldnt get there as the good woman was out at the arena seeing the DOG WHISPERER and i was left entertaining the kids see yous soon Jeff & Karen

Any playlists then Harry???
My firtst spot 7.00pm-7.30 EMANUEL LASKEY-LUCKY TO BE LOVED-WILD DEUCE ASTORS-TWILIGHT ZONE-STAX ROBERT THOMAS-SALVATION-CHARAY JEAN WELLS-WITH MY LOVE AND WHAT YOU GOT-CALLA ANNE SEXTON-I STILL LOVE YOU-SEVENTY SEVEN ROGER PACE-THE MINUTE MY BACK WAS TURNED-SELECT SOUL CITY-SHOT FOR THE MOON-MERCURY OLIVER NORMAN-DROWNING IN MY OWN DESPAIR-DECCA ECHOES-MILLION DOLLAR BILL-PULSE SUNLINERS-ALL ALONE-GOLDEN WORLD PUZZLES-MY SWEET BABY-FATBACK SECOND SPOT 8.15-9.00PM DETROIT MAGNIFICENTS-IS THIS A WOMENS WAY-GRAPEVINE FABULOUS PEPS-WITH THESE EYES-WEE FALCONS-I`M A FOOL I MUST LOVE YOU-BIG WHEEL MICKEY LANAY-I`M GONNA WALK-VULCAN WILLIAMS & WATSON-AINT GONNA MOVE-OKEH LP BARBARA MERCER-BOBBY IS MY BABY-ARCTIC CHARLES THOMAS-THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN TOUCH-LOMA BARBARA MCNAIR-IT HAPPENS EVERYTIME-MOTOWN LP ISLEY BROTHERS- WHY WHEN THE LOVE IS GONE-TAMLA MARTHA REEVES-I GOTTA LET YOU-GORDY SWEET-BROKEN HEART ATTACK-SMASH N F PORTER-KEEP ON KEEPIN ON-LIZARD MR FLOOD PARTY-COMPARED TO WHAT JACKIE LEE-OH MY DARLIN-MIRWOOD BELLES-DON`T PRETEND-MIRWOOD REUBIN HOWELL-CAN`T STOP A MAN IN LOVE-MOTOWN
 PHILHARMONICS-I NEED I NEED YOUR LOVE-SOULIN Will get diane to post up her playlist later-HARRYthumbsup.gif Edited by SONBERT

Hello , SUPERB night loved every minute of it yes.gif my playlist

Mill Evans - I've got to have your love - Constellation

C.O.D's - Michael - Kellmac

Magicians - Keep your hands off my baby - Villa

Volumes - My kind of girl - inferno

Volcanos - Help wanted - Arctic

Anthony and the sophomores - it depends on you - abc

Billy Butler - burning touch of love - brunswick

George Jackson - that lonely night - double r

Intruders - check yourself - gamble

Maurice and the radiants - baby you've got it - chess

Incredibles - i cant get over losing you - audio arts

Amazers - without a warning - thomas

Lenis Guess - just ask me - spqr

Art gentry - Merry go round - onyx

Mirettes - he's alright with me - mirwood

Liberty belles - shing a ling time - shout

Holidays - Makin time - Golden world

Will do full write up later , when i'm alive laugh.giflaugh.gif xxxxx

Guest yorks old boys

this was well worth the trip upt a 19, what a brilliant dance floor was on it start to finish went with a fantastic crowd from york about 12 in all and what a good amount raised looking forward to the next one stopped at the djs chill out hotel room plenty of pies and beer thanks harry and di very good friends hope to see you all soon ken caroline:hatsoff2:thumbsup.gif:D

Guest Ali Brad

What A great night!!!!!!! Easington at it's best . When is the next one ?? soon, very soon we hope.

Have added a few photos to the Gallery .

Thanks Bobby & Harry KTF

Ali & Ken x

this was well worth the trip upt a 19, what a brilliant dance floor was on it start to finish went with a fantastic crowd from york about 12 in all and what a good amount raised looking forward to the next one stopped at the djs chill out hotel room plenty of pies and beer thanks harry and di very good friends hope to see you all soon ken carolinehatsoff2.gifthumbsup.gifbiggrin.gif

Many many thanks for making it ken/caroline/ali, was great to have you with us last night, told you, you`d like the place, your more than welcome here anytime my friend. can`t get no food in the fridgelaugh.giflaugh.gif

What A great night!!!!!!! Easington at it's best . When is the next one ?? soon, very soon we hope.

Have added a few photos to the Gallery .

Thanks Bobby & Harry KTF

Ali & Ken x

Cheers ali & ken, spoke to bob this morning he`s over the moon with last night, we`ll of course keep you updated as to the next one, looking at june/july no running before we can walkthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by SONBERT
Guest kevokeh

Cheers ali & ken, spoke to bob this morning he`s over the moon with last night, we`ll of course keep you updated as to the next one, looking at june/july no running before we can walkthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hi Harry / Bob

Thanks for a great night, great crowd, great sounds, great company.smile.gif

special thanks to the BAR STAFF.......ITS BEEN A LOT OF YEARS SINCE I SAW A QUE LIKE THAT...PHEWWW.ohmy.gif

thanks again, for the invite to dj.thumbsup.gif

all the best

kev.

Guest soulie69

I think we can safely say that everyone had a great night. Its so good to see the young people enjoying the music - the next generation of soul fans.

We raised £700 for the Hartlepool Hospice which was fantastic,

Many thanks

Theresa

With people coming from as far away as blackburn & wigan this place went back five years last night. Full to the rafters with soul fans who loved every minute, the feedback we got off the punters was very positive. And am sure will result in another event in the near future. All dj`s did there job to the utmost proffesionalism, keeping the huge sprung wooden dancefloor full till the last record. Have had a lovely week celebrating my 50th birthday, but last night was the crowning glory seeing this historic north east venue bouncing with a full dancefloor to soul music. £700 was raised for the HARTLEPOOL HOSPICE last night and with an admission fee of £3 that gives you an idea of the support we recieved. Many many thanks for your support. HARRY CROSBYthumbsup.gif:hatsoff2:

Great amount raised H. Me & Nick really enjoyed ourselves.

Wish we could've stayed later but had to take Mother to Whitby today and I need my beauty sleep................lol.

The crowd were definitely up for it and it was great to see a big York contingent there as well.

Well done to all, it was well organised.

Steve & Nick

YKSoul

Guest frankie

Well done you Guy's,

What a crackin' night, the Welly back to it's very best, it was like going back in time 5~6 years, the best time i have had on the Northern scene for a long time,

So many old friends, the Welly dance floor ram packed, superb across the board sounds.

Just proves that it can be done, will be there at the next one, dont keep us waiting to long eh.

Vaughan.biggrin.gif

Edited by frankie

Hi Harry / Bob

Thanks for a great night, great crowd, great sounds, great company.:smile:

special thanks to the BAR STAFF.......ITS BEEN A LOT OF YEARS SINCE I SAW A QUE LIKE THAT...PHEWWW.:ohmy:

thanks again, for the invite to dj.thumbsup.gif

all the best

kev.

Thanks for a great spot kev, you and trev did us proud, hopefully see you down at the crescent very soon-REGARDS HARRY:hatsoff2:

Great amount raised H. Me & Nick really enjoyed ourselves.

Wish we could've stayed later but had to take Mother to Whitby today and I need my beauty sleep................lol.

The crowd were definitely up for it and it was great to see a big York contingent there as well.

Well done to all, it was well organised.

Steve & Nick

YKSoul

Cheers steve, and many thanks your services NAILED as per usualthumbsup.gif REGARDS HARRY:hatsoff2:

Well done you Guy's,

What a crackin' night, the Welly back to it's very best, it was like going back in time 5~6 years, the best time i have had on the Northern scene for a long time,

So many old friends, the Welly dance floor ram packed, superb across the board sounds.

Just proves that it can be done, will be there at the next one, dont keep us waiting to long eh.

Vaughan.:D

Great to see you as allways vaughan, thanks for your support-HARRY:hatsoff2:

thought is was gonna be good, but did'nt expect the fabulous response we got... from 6pm till, 1am there was dancers on the floor..

thanx to all the dj's for playing to the floorthumbsup.gif & to all the support from york, blackburn, the middlesdboro crew, aycliffe crew, redcar & so on & so on.. brillant:yes:

thanx to our other promotor, johnty davin for supplyin' the projector, which added to the atmosphere of the night, playing on the wall behind the dj's.. excellent:D

& to my wife theresa, for being on the door, most of the night..

our next night will be in june & all monies will be will be going to a little ,seriously ill boy, who needs a special bed... more details nearer the time...

& harry had a great 50th, as well.. this was him at the end of the night :hypo::hypo::hypo:

my spot consisted of..

EARLY SPOT....

SISTER SLEGE/ LOVE DONT GO THRO CHANGES ON ME

LET ME DO IT / HALO

AL HUDSON / SPREAD LOVE

STORMY / DIANA ROSS

GENE CHANDLER / THINK NOTHING ABOUT IT

TEDDY PENDERGRASS / THE MORE I WANT

BARBARA MERCER / CALL ON ME

SEAN OLIVER / YOU & ME

LATE SPOT, DOUBLIN' UP WITH TOMMA

SERGIO MENDES / LOVE MUSIC

RAMSEY LEWIS / WADE IN THE WATER...... (REQUEST)

MVPS / TURNING MY HEARTBEAT UP

VOICES OF EAST HARLEM / CASHING IN

PHYLISS HYMAN / U KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME

TEMPTATIONS / AINT TOO PROUD TO BEG

MARTHA REEVES / HEATWAVE ..... (REQUEST)

FATS DOMINO / IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT LOVE IS

MARIO BIONDI / THIS IS WHAT U ARE

E SMOOTH / DE JA VU..... ( REQUEST)

once again, a special thank you, to all that came, & made a memorable night...

bob... harry & johnty...

Edited by soulie80
Guest Kidda

It was great, we had a fantastic night a big thank you to all that was involved. the place was packed out standing room only when we got in, i seen a lot of old faces that i havent seen in years it was great to catch up. Wally Black still behind the decks, how old is he, he must be nearly 60. Left the hall in a puddle of sweat it was great, just looking forward to the Marton Country Club now in Middlesbrough. cant wait, come on!!

what can you say,,,, what a wonderful night, a lot better than expected, in fact,,,,,,,,,,, the best . wife and + 2 very happy indeed.

looking forward to next one as it will be packed again. yes bar staff were overun but a small problem, djs were spot on all night,

once again thanks and looking forward to next time.

ashy

What an absolutely belting night we all had.

It was a real hard choice to make on Saturday as it was one of my dearest friends 50th celebration at Easington plus a memorial do in Middlesbrough for another dear friend who had passed away. Luckily I managed to swing it so we could do both & by the time we got to Easington it was absolutely rammed & standing room only. We were blown away by the amount of people,long time since we've seen a do like that & the venue is absolutely awesome.

Fantasic to see all the York lot,great company. Harry & Di thanks for the hospitality afterwards back at yours,you are a top couple & we love you to death. Sooo pleased you liked your card Harry.

The big kipper absolutely loved it too, the comedy moment came when a bloke came up to him & said that he had seen him at a load of scooter do's,hes never been to any & must have a double ohmy.gif

See you at the next one thumbsup.gif

K & D XX

:laugh:

What an absolutely belting night we all had.

It was a real hard choice to make on Saturday as it was one of my dearest friends 50th celebration at Easington plus a memorial do in Middlesbrough for another dear friend who had passed away. Luckily I managed to swing it so we could do both & by the time we got to Easington it was absolutely rammed & standing room only. We were blown away by the amount of people,long time since we've seen a do like that & the venue is absolutely awesome.

Fantasic to see all the York lot,great company. Harry & Di thanks for the hospitality afterwards back at yours,you are a top couple & we love you to death. Sooo pleased you liked your card Harry.

The big kipper absolutely loved it too, the comedy moment came when a bloke came up to him & said that he had seen him at a load of scooter do's,hes never been to any & must have a double :ohmy:

See you at the next one thumbsup.gif

K & D XX

KINELL!!!!!! two of em:ohmy::ohmy: Di we need a bigger sofa:laugh: thanks for your support kirsty, dee, & ian:hatsoff2:

what can you say,,,, what a wonderful night, a lot better than expected, in fact,,,,,,,,,,, the best . wife and + 2 very happy indeed.

looking forward to next one as it will be packed again. yes bar staff were overun but a small problem, djs were spot on all night,

ashy

Thanks for your support ashy, i`m sure the bar staff problem will be solved by the next one, think the attendance took them by suprise, nice to meet you, albeit right at the end of the night-REGARDS HARRY:hatsoff2:

ashy

A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED AND TO OUR DJs WHO MADE THE NIGHT WITH A GOOD MIX OF MUSIC

THE WELFARE COMMITTEE APOLOGISES FOR THE PROBLEM AT THE BAR THIS WAS DOWN TO ONE OF THE STAFF NOT TURNING UP

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AT THE NEXT NIGHT WE WILL POST DETAILS ON SITE AS SOON AS DATES FOR THE YEAR ARE CONFIRMED

ONCE AGAIN THANKS £700 RAISED FOR HARTLEPOOL HOSPICE

A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED AND TO OUR DJs WHO MADE THE NIGHT WITH A GOOD MIX OF MUSIC

THE WELFARE COMMITTEE APOLOGISES FOR THE PROBLEM AT THE BAR THIS WAS DOWN TO ONE OF THE STAFF NOT TURNING UP

WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AT THE NEXT NIGHT WE WILL POST DETAILS ON SITE AS SOON AS DATES FOR THE YEAR ARE CONFIRMED

Its all very well me n bob & the rest of the dj`s taking the plaudits for this johnty, YOU!!! did a great job yourself my mate, REGARDS HARRYthumbsup.gif

Wow ! what an amazing night so well done to the organisers,the d.j's,the punters hatsoff2.gif for giving this soul night a fantastic weekender atmosphere (if that makes sense)

Beautiful dancefloor, great venue & a fabulous mix of tunes.

It was a joy from start to finish, even queuing at the bar I still managed to have a giggle. I think its a testament to the night that you had to queue in the first place & I thought the bar staff on the night coped tremendously with us lot. Very well organised,imo.

It was great spending time with the York Crew (you guys sure know how to party) and thank you to Di & Harry for the hospitality & laughs back at yours thumbsup.gif

A big shout to Trevor (Spinmaster) & Margaret. I just LOVE bumping into you two. It takes me back to when I first bumped into you many years ago (away from the scene & before we knew each other) walking along that street in Majorca. We passed each other at first & then looked back at the same time "Ere I know you from the soul do's dont i" (that was a young me) & my mother said "Ali I cant take you anywhere" since then a beautiful friendship. I love you both to bits & Im wishing you all the luck in the world for your grand son to get well.

Last but not least I have to thank Kirsty for chauffering me around that night, something I could get used to & you are a mate in a million so thank you hatsoff2.gif

Ooh this is definitely the last paragraph. I took a shed load of piccies & will get them loaded up here as soon as I can.

Ali x

Edited by Alison H

Guest Geordie soul

We had a great night can't wait for the next one ,It was the first time we have been to the welfare hall great dance floor great venue thanx ktf

Wow ! what an amazing night so well done to the organisers,the d.j's,the punters hatsoff2.gif for giving this soul night a fantastic weekender atmosphere (if that makes sense)

Beautiful dancefloor, great venue & a fabulous mix of tunes.

It was a joy from start to finish, even queuing at the bar I still managed to have a giggle. I think its a testament to the night that you had to queue in the first place & I thought the bar staff on the night coped tremendously with us lot. Very well organised,imo.

It was great spending time with the York Crew (you guys sure know how to party) and thank you to Di & Harry for the hospitality & laughs back at yours thumbsup.gif

A big shout to Trevor (Spinmaster) & Margaret. I just LOVE bumping into you two. It takes me back to when I first bumped into you many years ago (away from the scene & before we knew each other) walking along that street in Majorca. We passed each other at first & then looked back at the same time "Ere I know you from the soul do's dont i" (that was a young me) & my mother said "Ali I cant take you anywhere" since then a beautiful friendship. I love you both to bits & Im wishing you all the luck in the world for your grand son to get well.

Last but not least I have to thank Kirsty for chauffering me around that night, something I could get used to & you are a mate in a million so thank you hatsoff2.gif

Ooh this is definitely the last paragraph. I took a shed load of piccies & will get them loaded up here as soon as I can.

Ali x

Was an extra special suprise, when you turned up ali, really glad you enjoyed the night, and your allways more than welcome round ours, so heres to the next one-H & DIthumbsup.gif

Guest jeffs

Many thanks for your support, weve another one in the pipeline so will keep you all posted-HARRYthumbsup.gif

Wot a brilliant night. Excellent mix of music. Bar staff coped very well with the big demand for the cheap beer. Nice to see the welly back to its hayday. Looking forward to the next night not too far away I hope, Again thanks for a brill night. Well done to the promoters and the djs.

jeff

Guest tomaokeh

Wot a brilliant night. Excellent mix of music. Bar staff coped very well with the big demand for the cheap beer. Nice to see the welly back to its hayday. Looking forward to the next night not too far away I hope, Again thanks for a brill night. Well done to the promoters and the djs.

jeff

What a FANTASTIC NIGHT got there for 7.45 and the place was jumping then. Great sounds and great company.This is whay SOUL is all about for me. music right across the board. Well done BOB HARRY JOHNTY and youre good ladies Had A great laugh with Ali and Ken + the Shap Wells Crew.

Never took request in the bog before this was a first and im taking sounds you pervs lol

and thanks again WHAT A SOULFUL NITE

TOMAthumbsup.gif

Guest spinmaster

thought is was gonna be good, but did'nt expect the fabulous response we got... from 6pm till, 1am there was dancers on the floor..

thanx to all the dj's for playing to the floorthumbsup.gif & to all the support from york, blackburn, the middlesdboro crew, aycliffe crew, redcar & so on & so on.. brillantyes.gif

thanx to our other promotor, johnty davin for supplyin' the projector, which added to the atmosphere of the night, playing on the wall behind the dj's.. excellentbiggrin.gif

& to my wife theresa, for being on the door, most of the night..

our next night will be in june & all monies will be will be going to a little ,seriously ill boy, who needs a special bed... more details nearer the time...

& harry had a great 50th, as well.. this was him at the end of the night hypo.gifhypo.gifhypo.gif

my spot consisted of..

EARLY SPOT....

SISTER SLEGE/ LOVE DONT GO THRO CHANGES ON ME

LET ME DO IT / HALO

AL HUDSON / SPREAD LOVE

STORMY / DIANA ROSS

GENE CHANDLER / THINK NOTHING ABOUT IT

TEDDY PENDERGRASS / THE MORE I WANT

BARBARA MERCER / CALL ON ME

SEAN OLIVER / YOU & ME

LATE SPOT, DOUBLIN' UP WITH TOMMA

SERGIO MENDES / LOVE MUSIC

RAMSEY LEWIS / WADE IN THE WATER...... (REQUEST)

MVPS / TURNING MY HEARTBEAT UP

VOICES OF EAST HARLEM / CASHING IN

PHYLISS HYMAN / U KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME

TEMPTATIONS / AINT TOO PROUD TO BEG

MARTHA REEVES / HEATWAVE ..... (REQUEST)

FATS DOMINO / IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT LOVE IS

MARIO BIONDI / THIS IS WHAT U ARE

E SMOOTH / DE JA VU..... ( REQUEST)

once again, a special thank you, to all that came, & made a memorable night...

bob... harry & johnty...

Big thank you to Bob, Harry & Johnty for a great night, well done lad's.

Rumour has it, you all could be in line for the Queen's Honour's List for all the good work you do.

Great to see so many faces from years gone bye, espcially Alison who we've not seen since those nights at the Griffin in Leeds.

Thanks to Ali & Ken for the buffet, as usual it was tip top.

Well done to those who contributed with the raffle.

Bring on the next one.

Regards

Trev

We had a great night can't wait for the next one ,It was the first time we have been to the welfare hall great dance floor great venue thanx ktf

once again missed you,, might see you at swallow hotel gateshead 16 april, was my first night at easington but wont be the last.....

once again missed you,, might see you at swallow hotel gateshead 16 april, was my first night at easington but wont be the last.....

glad you enjoyed the night we are now planning the next one for possibly june had a great response from people who attended

The charity gained by £700 and the welfare gained by the barsales this helps keep this marvellous building open as they now rely on grants and functions like ours to keep it operating.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AT THE NEXT ONE IF ANYONE TOOK ANY PHOTOS OF THE NIGHT PLEASE POST SO WE CAN SHOW THE WELFARE COMMITTEE

THANKS JOHN

Guest Geordie soul

We might be at the swallow hotel but The Crescent soul club night 10th april looks a good one, The last time i went to the swallow hotel there was not many there we are off to blackpool tower soul nighter again 1st may Can't wait for the next one at the easington welfare hall it was a cracker .................KTF

Guest Ali Brad

glad you enjoyed the night we are now planning the next one for possibly june had a great response from people who attended

The charity gained by £700 and the welfare gained by the barsales this helps keep this marvellous building open as they now rely on grants and functions like ours to keep it operating.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AT THE NEXT ONE IF ANYONE TOOK ANY PHOTOS OF THE NIGHT PLEASE POST SO WE CAN SHOW THE WELFARE COMMITTEE

THANKS JOHN

Hi John

Put a few photos in the gallery under Easington Welfare Charity Night.

Roll on the next one 12th June

Alison

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John

Put a few photos in the gallery under Easington Welfare Charity Night.

Roll on the next one 12th June

Alison

thanks for pics next night 12th june looking forward to seeing everyone

charity for this event to be confirmed looks like being for the great north air ambulance service

Source Advert