Orrell Soul Club Sat 13Th

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Made the trip up the M6 (god what a bore with all the road works) BUT it was well worth it...!

Great room

Great people

And then there was Browny....!

Top night (for me anyway)

Excelent music & people should really check it out.

Took a while to get used to Mr Eccles with contacts though (lol)

Cheers to all involved.

See you soon Nige.

The Git

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

thumbup.gifWOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED US LAST NIGHT.

WOW, WHAT A NIGHT. THE MUSIC, THE ATMOSPHERE, JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT THE NIGHT WAS JUST FANTASTIC.

THANKS TO ALL THE DJ'S, TONY MUNDEY, ANDY GARSIDE, TONY CLARK AND MICK MOYLAN WHO PLAYED SOME EXCELLENT MUSIC, AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO NIGE BROWN WHO WAS 'SPOT ON' WITH HIS MUSIC CHOICE FOR ORRELL.

ALSO MARTIN BLUNDELL WHO SET THE STANDARD WITH HIS FIRST SPOT.

WELL DONE ALL OF YOU. thumbup.gif

WE'LL BE HOLDING AN ALLDAYER ON EASTER MONDAY. DETAILS WILL BE POSTED SOON.

THANKS AGAIN!

:thumbup:WOULD JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED US LAST NIGHT.

WOW, WHAT A NIGHT. THE MUSIC, THE ATMOSPHERE, JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT THE NIGHT WAS JUST FANTASTIC.

THANKS TO ALL THE DJ'S, TONY MUNDEY, ANDY GARSIDE, TONY CLARK AND MICK MOYLAN WHO PLAYED SOME EXCELLENT MUSIC, AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO NIGE BROWN WHO WAS 'SPOT ON' WITH HIS MUSIC CHOICE FOR ORRELL.

ALSO MARTIN BLUNDELL WHO SET THE STANDARD WITH HIS FIRST SPOT.

WELL DONE ALL OF YOU. :thumbup:

WE'LL BE HOLDING AN ALLDAYER ON EASTER MONDAY. DETAILS WILL BE POSTED SOON.

THANKS AGAIN!

What can I say, ok numbers were a few down on normal but we can cope with that especially when you get the music that was played last night, right from the off the DJ's did a fantastic job so a big thanks to each of them, also a big thank you to all who came along to support us & continue to support us. all in all another top night at Orrell.

Another very enjoyable night in the company of four very splendid chaps Browny, Mick "Moyleybear" Pete and Paul.

Superb sounds and an absolute joy to dance to Joannie Lyons at last (thanks Mick) . Look forward to the next one , this event is just going from strength to strength .

Wonderful to also watch Caz enjoying her dance yet again , I could watch Caz dance all night , lovely to see someone really getting into the groove.

Thanks to Andy and team fot the invite to DJ!thumbsup.gif

Slightly down on numbers but hey guys thats all ive read on here about Sat most places seemed a little down on attendence up and down!

One things for sure dance floor full all night and fantastic choices from ALL the DJsthumbsup.gif

We had a great night socially too ,, lots great company ala Paul Davies, Pete " Albert the DJ" Eccles, Mick Moylan and my Georgeous Carms !

We will post some piccs at some point!!

Great venue , great music, lovely peoples!

More of the same please!!!!thumbsup.gif

Love n Soul

Nige B xx

Edited by Torchboy

Don't matter about numbers being slightly down when you got the type of people that support Orrell. Nige B said it to me in passing, "It's what you make of it!!" and everyone made it another great night thumbsup.gif . I was in serious mode for the first hour while spinning the welcome set and was really chuffed with the reaction to what I played. And from folks I really respect, your kind words and encouragement mean a lot, so thanks for that!!

The music and the atmosphere was buzzing all night and great to see everyone enjoying some real top sounds. Really enjoyed Nige's set, some nice rarities in there, mixed with a few classics and underplayed sounds. Had the mood off to a tee, nice one. Then as always, Tony M, Mick and Tony C coming up with the goods and they never fail to please. Had me in sweats a few times lads sweatingbullets.gif

Love the place, love the people and looking forward to doing it all again next month yes.gif

Here's what I spun for the first hour.......

Dean Courtney - We Have A Good Thing - RCA Victor

Wade Flemons - That Other Place - Vee Jay

Roy Hamilton - The Panic Is On - MGM

Kim Weston - A Thrill A Moment - Gordy

Wilbur Walton Jr - Twenty-Four Hours Of Loneliness - 123

Exits - You Got To Have Money - Gemini (Request)

Capitols - Don't Say Maybe Baby - Karen

Bobby Jones & Para-Monts - Beware A Stranger - USA

Drake & En-Solids - Please Leave Me - Alteen

Tempests - What You Gonna Do - Smash

Tony Diamond - Don't Turn Away - Blue Rock

Vonettes - Touch My Heart - Cobblestone

Jimmy Holiday - The New Breed - Diplomacy

Pieces Of Eight - Come Back Girl - A&M

Enjoyables - Push A Little Harder - Capitol

Ted Ford - You're Gonna Need Me - Sound Stage 7

Incredibles - I Can't Get Over Losing Your Love - Audio Arts

Sammy Lee - It Hurts Me - Rampart

Belita Woods - Magic Corner - Moira

Ernie Marbray - Ain't Nobody's Business - Wee

Cavaliers - Dance Little Girl - RCA Victor

Rose Valentine - I've Gotta Know Right Now - RCA Victor

Gee's - It's All Over - Port

See ya all soon thumbup.gif

Got to Orrell half way thru' Blunnys spot, another great selection of tunes from the man. :yes:

Particularly enjoyed Niges spot also, but a good mix of music from all the DJs on the night and not a bad crowd considering how many events were on the same night.

See you all soon. :hatsoff2:

Source Advert