With Prestatyn Looming Who's Not Going And Why

Guest Officer Dibble

Guest Officer Dibble

With prestatyn looming i thought well im not going because the people who kept this scene going in the 80's & 90's, pushing the scene forward have been let down yet again, being pushed to the small room next to the tent yet again, these upfront sounds be they 60's or 70's never get enough exposure in the main room..... so i'm staying home! thumbsup.gif

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest dundeedavie

i'm not going , i've been enough times and frankly don't feel the urge ....the only thing i'll miss is a photography trip to portmeirion :hatsoff2:

It always seems to fall on my access weekend - So guess what- I wont be there!

Portmerion is Nice Dave - Actually played Human chess there Davie in my white ribbed school blazer and slacks with a Number 63 badge on!

Ive always disliked the place Prestatyn with its millions of caravans not to mention the "Prestatyn Princess" otherwise known as Carol (Im not on countdown anymore)Voorderman. Im off to a Student nurse reunion in Llanfairfechan later in the year so I will remind myself of what Ive missed when I speed past Prestatyn in the car.

Whens your next thing on Davie?

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Guest dundeedavie

It always seems to fall on my access weekend - So guess what- I wont be there!

Portmerion is Nice Dave - Actually played Human chess there Davie in my white ribbed school blazer and slacks with a Number 63 badge on!

Ive always disliked the place Prestatyn with its millions of caravans not to mention the "Prestatyn Princess" otherwise known as Carol (Im not on countdown anymore)Voorderman. Im off to a Student nurse reunion in Llanfairfechan later in the year so I will remind myself of what Ive missed when I speed past Prestatyn in the car.

Whens your next thing on Davie?

17th april steve with Ian Wright :-) i went to portmeirion during the day of the last prestatyn i went to , lovely place

With prestatyn looming i thought well im not going because the people who kept this scene going in the 80's & 90's, pushing the scene forward have been let down yet again, being pushed to the small room next to the tent yet again, these upfront sounds be they 60's or 70's never get enough exposure in the main room..... so i'm staying home! thumbsup.gif

g.gif ,interesting theory.Hope you have a good time at home - bottle of wine and some tasty tunes on.Didn't you start a similar thread about 'Tatyn last year?

Hopefully i'll be going to "look up old friends"(re:Ken Dodd 1976),mess about in Redmption and generally make an arse of myself while i still can.

Life's too short.hatsoff2.gif

if you take that attitude you might as well whither and diesad.gif how sad

We're not going either, lost it's appeal to us in recent years.

We did the first four, skipped one or two then did another & sadly realised that for us the magic of Prestatyn had gone.

It was overcrowded, claustrophobic & the music (in the main hall) & atmosphere did not compare to the early years.

We couldn't keep up the pace of a weekender now anyway, too old... & the dancing dust just ain't like it used to be! :rolleyes:

Chris

Edited by pat and cat

We're not going either, lost it's appeal to us in recent years.

We did the first four, skipped one or two then did another & sadly realised that for us the magic of Prestatyn had gone.

It was overcrowded, claustrophobic & the music (in the main hall) & atmosphere did not compare to the early years.

We couldn't keep up the pace of a weekender now anyway, too old... & the dancing dust just ain't like it used to be! rolleyes.gif

Chris

just about sums it up for us to chris

Guest dundeedavie

Every time I think about the accommodation I get this image in my mind of families taking their kids there for a week's holiday.

It is nothing short of child abuse :hatsoff2:

more families should do it ,.... something to threaten the little shits with

Every time I think about the accommodation I get this image in my mind of families taking their kids there for a week's holiday.

It is nothing short of child abuse :laugh:

Good point. Where do you take your kids on hols?

BTW, that should be "weeks' "

Edited by Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misery guts, its one of the highlites of the year Prestatyn there not many venues where you can meet the lovely people

who made this awesome music this year is no exeption with the likes of Hesitations, Sidney Barnes Mary Love, Kenny Hamber

ect ect ect ect its not about being shoved in the back room its about friendship and showing the people who made this scene

possible for us the Artist that we appreciate their input over the years in bringing us fantastic music to listen too, ive been overwelmed these past several years listening to guys like The Precisions, Masqueraders, Donni Burdick, Pat Lewis, Dean Courtney Lenis Guess, Del Larks Gwen Owens Jerry Williams ect ect ect ect and spending time talking to them thro the day

never in a million years would i have thought back in the 70,s that one day i would be spending time with some of the beautiful people who,s 45,s i cherished and was dancing too .

THATS WHAT PRESTATYNS ABOUT FRIENDSHIP !!!

REMEMBER BUT FOR SOUL MUSIC, WE WOULD NEVER HAVE MET SO MANY NICE PEOPLE, BECOME VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH SO MANY OR HAD OUR LIVES FULFILLED BY A TYPE OF MUSIC WHICH FOR MANY OF US IS NOT JUST A HOBBY, BUT A WAY OF LIFE..

DONT KEEP THE FAITH...SPREAD IT

LOVE, PEACE & HAPPINESS ALWAYS

X Ian Cunliffe

post-906-12686442804314_thumb.jpg

It's too f*cking cold and the accomodation is like a POW camp.

Otherwise I'd have gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont be soft Smithy toughen up...........

6 Years ago it was so cold in our hut at Prestatyn that my hair froze to my pillow ..you would,nt get the chance to

experience that in Spain wud ya laugh.gif

gosh

this is a novel concept

alternative threads about upcoming events

could catch on this

we could have a separate forum, maybe a lookbacks one as well, where can talk about what you did while the event was on

on the other hand could just close this....