"18 Year Old Dj" Now You Dont Hear That Much These Days

Horror of horrors, my 18 year old son asked if he could Dj at a bar i was playing in Sheffield and took over the night. He might have been brought up in a soul household but never showed any real interest in vinyl unless they were old 90's house/soul tracks he could play while his mates were round POW suddenly he's started getting really into rare soul and playing it on his Ipod all the time. His first ever go on the mixer was precceeded by a two minute tutorial in a very busy city centre club and he did 2 hours without a miss; hadnt got a clue what he was playing but just loved the labels and go really into the tunes!1 looks like i ve found a new DJ partner to replace my aging ones. never give up on the new generation. he'll be bloody dancing next!!!:yes::yes::yes:

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Horror of horrors, my 18 year old son asked if he could Dj at a bar i was playing in Sheffield and took over the night. He might have been brought up in a soul household but never showed any real interest in vinyl unless they were old 90's house/soul tracks he could play while his mates were round POW suddenly he's started getting really into rare soul and playing it on his Ipod all the time. His first ever go on the mixer was precceeded by a two minute tutorial in a very busy city centre club and he did 2 hours without a miss; hadnt got a clue what he was playing but just loved the labels and go really into the tunes!1 looks like i ve found a new DJ partner to replace my aging ones. never give up on the new generation. he'll be bloody dancing next!!!yes.gif:yes:yes.gif

hey good luck to him! yes.gif just make sure he plays the right sides, some horrendous flips out there that could clear a venuelaugh.gif

Social source share

some dodgy tunes all together wthout the a and b sides. so make sure he got the right ones.

well he played 3 Edwin Starr tracks in a row because he loved the first one and that a DJ "no no" but actually its nice to see someone discovering 25 miles for the first time and going WOW!. i can just remember hearing it in Violet Mays record shop in Sheffield when i was 15 and going " sheeeeet thats the best tune i ever heard how much?" 25p mate.:laugh:

Social source share

well he played 3 Edwin Starr tracks in a row because he loved the first one and that a DJ "no no" but actually its nice to see someone discovering 25 miles for the first time and going WOW!. i can just remember hearing it in Violet Mays record shop in Sheffield when i was 15 and going " sheeeeet thats the best tune i ever heard how much?" 25p mate.:laugh:

and still 25p mate:laugh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!