Inner City Soul Club Derby

Well what can we say but a masive thank you to Steve, Collette and the team down at the inner city for their Brilliant welcome on Saturday night down in Derby.When we arrived about 8 Steve was on the decks pumping out every tune i thought about playing:rolleyes: but not to worry the crowd was a little down on numbers due to a charity night down the road in Burton but by about 9ish the dancefloor was seeing some action and on came Taz about 9.15 playing some absolute brilliant tunes the 2 that did it for me was the Fabulous apollos and the Invitations thanks TAZ for a great spot and the chat we will see you at prestatyn mate for a drinkthumbsup.gif had a bit of a mingle having a natter to a few friends and faces from the skeggi weekender and nearly forgot it was my time to go on at 10.15. When i looked on the flyer it said totally across the board music and that means to me what it says on the can anything goes.The next hour for me was Brilliant the numbers had swelled and they danced to everything and by the requests a very knowledgable crowd and great fun i hoped i played what you wanted.11.15 came round far too fast and it was time to hand the decks over to steve who finished the night off brilliantly with some top tunes.

I would just like to repeat many many thanks for a great night you made us feel more than welcome you have a cracking venue with what must be the best dance floor in the world and run by good honest soulies if you have not been give it a try but be carefull with the Polish lager:beer: its got a kick better than a mule all in all a Fantastic night :beer: i hope i can come back some day and play again Yocky & Joy.

• Replies 1
  • Views 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thumbsup.gifYocky, you and Joy are most definitely welcome back anytime. What an absoulutely great guest spot. As you say, the hour or so you were on the decks just flew by listening to some fantastic tunes. The feedback I received from the crowd was along the lines of "when will he be back". Yes, the nite did start off a bit slow but by around 9.30ish the place was begining to rock with Taz playing his usual selction of extraordinary tunes and it kept on rocking right up until the end. A massive thanks to you and Joy, and your friends, from me (Steve), Taz and Paula for making the effort to come down to see us at the Polish Club. Hope the journey home wasn't too rough given the amount of polish lager you consumed. See you both at Skeg.

Steve, Colette, Taz & Paula.

Inner City Soul Crew (Derby)