Event Title: NORTH LANCS SOUL FESTIVAL 2010

Event Author: CoolJerk

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 21 May 2010

-------------------------------------------------

The 4th North Lancs Soul Festival

21st, 22nd & 23rd May 2010

Morecambe, Lancashire

"Where soul people come together from across the UK to create a unique celebration of soul music."

www.seasidesoul.co.uk/soulfestival

The seaside resort of Morecambe in Lancashire is home for the Seaside Soul Club who organise the North Lancs Soul Festival event and the resort provides a fitting backdrop to this festival of soul played out over 3 days in May.

It's a reasonable priced weekend up in North Lancashire, where the air is wonderful and the sunsets remarkable, and all you'll need to fork out for is your accommodation and refreshments, as this is a "free" festival.

There will be three rooms of quality soul music all across the weekend held in Smokey O'Connors - "Temple of Soul" - A triple-decker of the finest cuts of soul; featuring the most delicious flavours of the cool 60's to the hot modern soul vibes of the current day and beyond. Brought to you by the soulful knights of the round tables.

This entirely free festival is possible due to a collection of passionate soul DJ's from radio and soul clubs throughout the UK who give their time and energy to make this event happen.

So why not take a look at what you've been missing in our "Look Back" page on the Festival Website and then come along yourself to the coast and enjoy one of the most friendliest, and most feel good music festivals on the annual calendar.

Festival Website - www.seasidesoul.co.uk/soulfestival

Need to contact the Festival Office

Mailto; nlsf@seasidesoul.co.uk

NLSF-Mcbe-Flyer-2010_240.jpg

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Brett F

Not be long now, hopefully i have quite a few friends who are wanting to come to the event this year. Be interesting to see how the single venue works this year, i always liked the alternate locations, but i guess it makes sense to have everything under one umbrella so to speak.

Brettthumbsup.gif

Guest matty

Not be long now, hopefully i have quite a few friends who are wanting to come to the event this year. Be interesting to see how the single venue works this year, i always liked the alternate locations, but i guess it makes sense to have everything under one umbrella so to speak.

Brettthumbsup.gif

..HI MATE BOOKED IT OFF WORK LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE ..MATTY:hatsoff2:

Brettthumbsup.gif

Well ..it's getting near that time now:yes:

As a long time attendee ,i thought now would be a good time to make a well timed plug for this .

Come on guys ..get yourselves over to SUNNY MORECAMBE and support this fantastic event

Lots of time and effort go into making this event possible..they do it for nowt or should that be ,no financial gain ,but the pure pleasure of our satisfaction!

Believe me ..i've watched this grow in strength every single yr ..it just get's bigger and better :smile:

My good lady wife was born in Morecambe and sadly lost her father just before xmas to cancer....

he was a Morecambe man thru and thru and when he could ,he made the trip over the Pennines with the rest of the family and me ,and Smokey's was his favourite place :yes:

It really is a special place for us and when you see it you'll understand why.

Sadly as i said he is no longer with us but his good lady wife (my mother in law) , will be making a special trip with us this yr ,to scatter his ashes and finally lay him to rest .

I know i don't need to even try and persuade those good people who have already made this event ,but to those who havent ..honestly it is a fantastic experience.

Having been fortunate enough to attend Sean Hampseys "Just Soul " venue and understood it's ethics of a "coming together" of people who just love the music and everything good that it brings.. a real warmth and humbling experience..let me tell you ..this is just that :wub:

Not to mention ..i kid you not ,GLORIOUS SUNSHINE shades every yr so far (please don't let that be a jinx) ..oh and plenty of :beer::beer::beer: to keep you cool:yes:

Here's looking forward to seeing the North Lancs faithfull once again and all under one roof this year

Its gonna be a cracker :thumbup:

Same hotel as Shelley & me & seems quite a few others stopping there as well.

Bloody hell I'm looking forwards to this & it's only 4 weeks to the Soul scenes friendly weekender.

Sadly the Morcambe Weekender has clashed with me meeting my old Cov City team mates from the FA Cup Winning side, who just to remind any Spurs fans into Soul music, we beat you at Wembley in 1987.

Really would like to thank the people who organise this great event and hope that you get the weather we had last year.

Will miss the kind and warm friendly nature of everyone i met last May and the real buzz i got from playing records to a crowd.

All being well i will look forward to the event in 2011.

Have a great weekend.

Kind regards,

MICKY

Sadly the Morcambe Weekender has clashed with me meeting my old Cov City team mates from the FA Cup Winning side, who just to remind any Spurs fans into Soul music, we beat you at Wembley in 1987.

Really would like to thank the people who organise this great event and hope that you get the weather we had last year.

Will miss the kind and warm friendly nature of everyone i met last May and the real buzz i got from playing records to a crowd.

All being well i will look forward to the event in 2011.

Have a great weekend.

Kind regards,

MICKY

Shame you can't make it Micky & as for the weather well take a look but just ignore the muppet asleep about 50 seconds in:laugh::hatsoff2:

DJ line up for the weekend & don't forget it's 100% FREE.

Wayne Hemingway

Wakefield City Soul Club

Steve Handbury

Larry Longton

Terry Gee

Kevin Oxberry

Simon Attwood

Dave Hulmes

Charlie Dixon

Nev Griffiths

Brett Franklin

Sean Milward

Eddy Edmonson

Chris Box

George Reid

Paul Jones

Roger Williams

Ian Dewhirst

Sean O'Connor

Tony Wilson

Zane Hunter

Paul Harrison

Steve Plumb

Sean Treacy

Paul Collins

Martin Dixon

Tim Curry

Steve Naylor

Andy Lett

Pete Haigh

Pete Meadows

Steve Edgar

Duffs

Davy Marshall

Gordon Stone

Hoping to sample on the Saturday...not sure if we can yet as work may get in the way...never made it before so I've got everything crossed thumbsup.gif

Be great to catch up again Jill. Hope you're bringing my little friend with you but why just Saturday???

Get the sick note in & do the whole thingwhistling:hatsoff2:

DJ line up for the weekend & don't forget it's 100% FREE.

Wayne Hemingway

Wakefield City Soul Club

Steve Handbury

Larry Longton

Terry Gee

Kevin Oxberry

Simon Attwood

Dave Hulmes

Charlie Dixon

Nev Griffiths

Brett Franklin

Sean Milward

Eddy Edmonson

Chris Box

George Reid

Paul Jones

Roger Williams

Ian Dewhirst

Sean O'Connor

Tony Wilson

Zane Hunter

Paul Harrison

Steve Plumb

Sean Treacy

Paul Collins

Martin Dixon

Tim Curry

Steve Naylor

Andy Lett

Pete Haigh

Pete Meadows

Steve Edgar

Duffs

Davy Marshall

Gordon Stone

Martin, have the DJ times been done yet?

Mine and Terry's lasses looking good on the front of the U-Tube thing.smile.gif

Dave.

Guest Brett F

Martin, have the DJ times been done yet?

Mine and Terry's lasses looking good on the front of the U-Tube thing.smile.gif

Dave.

Hi Dave times are up and running mate, sure one of the promoters can add details, all under one roof this year so should be a mighty fine party as per usual.

my times are Friday - 1900-20.00

Sat- 01.00 - 02.00 (sunday morning really)

Sun- 21.00- 22.00

Friday start /end times- 12.00 noon - 02.00

Saturday - 12.00 noon - 04.00

Sunday - 12.00 - 02.00

Ps i'm looking forward to hear Nev Griffiths play this year, that fella' has good taste.

Brett

Hi Dave times are up and running mate, sure one of the promoters can add details, all under one roof this year so should be a mighty fine party as per usual.

my times are Friday - 1900-20.00

Sat- 01.00 - 02.00 (sunday morning really)

Sun- 21.00- 22.00

Friday start /end times- 12.00 noon - 02.00

Saturday - 12.00 noon - 04.00

Sunday - 12.00 - 02.00

Ps i'm looking forward to hear Nev Griffiths play this year, that fella' has good taste.

Brett

Thanks Brett...likewise mate ..just hope i don't scratch em all at 12- 1am biggrin.gif

Not long now ,hopefully the sun is saving itself for next weekend and while we're on ..did i hear the champions league final is on next Saturday???

Be great to catch up again Jill. Hope you're bringing my little friend with you but why just Saturday???

Get the sick note in & do the whole thingwhistling.gifhatsoff2.gif

Well as you should now know plans have changed & we will be there Fri til Sun...I can't do the sick thingy as its 3 strikes and yer out on yer ear...or yer arse...or both :lol: and presently I have an unblemished work record (well that's a first) but I wasn't on about me I was on about Ste as by rights he should be working next Sat but seems he can pick & choose when he works...alright for some eh :yes:

Ste just piped up with "WHO YOU CALLIN LITTLE...I PREFER TO CALL IT SIZEABLY CHALLENGED" biggrin.gif

See ya next Friday then mate but will be in touch before then :ohmy:

Edited by Jill Bayles

Having made last minute travel plans to attend a certain lost cause play off against Dagenham, looks like I'm staying over to join the frolics on Friday night as well . See you at Smokey's boys :thumbup:

Taff

p.s. anyone want a ticket for the Dagenham game :ohmy: