2010-09-16: Hitsville 6Th Annual Rare Soul Weekender

Guest styrene45

Guest styrene45

Event Title: HITSVILLE 6TH ANNUAL RARE SOUL WEEKENDER

Event Author: styrene45

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Thu 16 September 2010

-------------------------------------------------

THERE'S THAT BEAT! proudly presents.......HITSVILLE'S 6TH ANNUAL RARE SOUL WEEKENDER right on the Mediterranean beach in Mojacar, Almeria, Spain.

The weekender kicks off Thursday 16th Sept, with our ever popular Meet & Greet at Moma Beach Bar, followed by our Soul nite Friday at Hotel Continental.

Saturday we host live radio shows, where everyone is invited to spin a few of their favourites. The allnighter starts around 10pm and runs thro 7am.

Sunday we all chill out at Bar La Finca with a Soulful BBQ/Brunch from Noon to midnight.

International Dj line up as always, featuring Pete Fowler (Monaco) - Denny Johnson (Australia) - Dave Greet (UK) Dave Bywell (USA) Dave Ferguson (UK) Steve Boczkowski (Spain) Mark Speakman (UK) plus invited guest DJs to be announced.

We are a group of record collectors who meet up once a year to play our vinyl - all DJs select and play whatever they like, as long as its original vinyl its fine by us! We have grown from 25 of us in 2005 to 130+, everyone is welcome and we all have a fantastic time......we hope you can join us this year to a very special event that sits right on the beach of the Med.

For more information on event location, flights, car hire etc, contact Bev or Dave on 0034 950 591874/0034 660 469484 or email on info@theresthatbeat.com

TICKETS 35.00 EUROS PER PERSON FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND - HOTEL ROOMS AVAILABLE

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 81
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 1 month later...
Guest chorleybloke

We had a brilliant time here last year, so really looking forward to it this year. Roll on September thumbsup.gif

Sean

All flights booked, coming over via Tokyo/London arriving Friday morning, leave following Tuesday. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone again listening/dacing to some of the best vinyl on the planetyes.gif

Cheers........Pete & Maxinethumbsup.gif

We're at it again at the Continental in Mojacar in September. Am putting together the commorative slipmats, programme, CDs etc and everything is on track as usual for a ripsnorting long weekend right on the shores of the Mediterranean. Looking forward to seeing all the usual vinyl suspects in addition to a few 'first timers' . New Grado needles on order too so it'll all sound ticketytboo as usual.

I'll post again with an update once I'm straight on the admin front.

Best news for this year........ Bev will be walking under her own steam!! Yippee!!

Regards,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark Holmes

Booked my flights into Murcia..Thursday thru Monday on Jet2 from Manchester.....looking forward to the weekend with good company, good people and incredible music.

thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

All flights booked, coming over via Tokyo/London arriving Friday morning, leave following Tuesday. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone again listening/dacing to some of the best vinyl on the planetyes.gif

Cheers........Pete & Maxinethumbsup.gif

Pick me up a kimodo :thumbsup: I'll see you there..................

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

Pick me up a kimodo :thumbsup: I'll see you there..................

:yes:

Glad we have got our flights/hotel booked!!!

This is a must see Chris.....you with a kimodo (komodo) dragon on a leash.....or a kimono dressing gown.....

Either way.....it's gonna be worth seeing!!!

Everything just about in place now. Chris W has slipmats done, new Grado needles have arrived and have been fitted and tested. All ready for blast off now!

See you in September. Anyone got any dramas or need any info give me or Bev a knock on :

0034 950 591874

Cell: 0034 660 469484

Email: bevmoore@earthlink.net

There are 4 slots from Manchester with Chris Waterman's party left so be quick if yer dithering! Only 4 rooms left at Continental Hotel.

Be a few new bits of Vinyl/Acetate/Shellack/Styrene hitting the Technics this year for sure!

Regards,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soulmanvirgin

Well we,ve finally booked. Had a great time last year. Sun Sea and Rare Soul, Can,t wait. :thumbsup:

see you all soon.

Bev & Shane

Gonna be another blast, I have DJ'd at every Hitsville (US included bar one.........couldnt get back in time as I had just flown home to the UK week before) .............not sure if I will make this one, probably not, due to working in Iraq right now, but you never know :thumbsup: ..........spinning records for/to these geezers is a pleasure & the weekends are legendary...........gonna miss my old sparring partner DJ too, Denny no one to hold ya hand this year, last men standing, cant count Sallie as she was virtually unconcious :lol: ...............Manchester contingent mad as hell & had a riot last year with ya..............dont miss the Beach side radio sessions on Saturday either, as well as hearing some stunning soul music that may not always get an airing else where over the weekend, its very funny seeing usually very proffessional collectors/DJ's trying to put a set together for the radio after the previous nights shannanagans...........

A huge, friendly soultastic weekend, not to be missed...........unless ya in f*ckin' Baghdad of course..........

Have ya selves another great weekend of soul on the beach..........Hitsville Style.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Guest Chris Waterman

Been going out to this for the last three years, good crowd of us going again, can't wait, top resort, with top people and top sounds, roll on the 16th, Coggy still not to late, you know it makes sense

Chris W

dont miss the Beach side radio sessions on Saturday either, as well as hearing some stunning soul music that may not always get an airing else where over the weekend, its very funny seeing usually very proffessional collectors/DJ's trying to put a set together for the radio after the previous nights shannanagans...........

Russ

I remember having to wake someone up for their slot once! Hair of the dog and we were back on track eh?! Probably my favourite soul session of the whole year. Heard some great sounds for the first time over the years on these afternoons. Git a few bits ready for the radio shows.........

You'll be missed Russ if you're still in the sand pit.

Regards,

Dave

I remember having to wake someone up for their slot once! Hair of the dog and we were back on track eh?! Probably my favourite soul session of the whole year. Heard some great sounds for the first time over the years on these afternoons. Git a few bits ready for the radio shows.........

You'll be missed Russ if you're still in the sand pit.

Regards,

Dave

I will move heaven & earth to be there with you guys..........over the years I have had some right journeys to Hitsville, 2 years ago I left work on Friday at 3pm, drove straight to the Airport, got on a plane, hired a car, drove through the mountains in the pitch black, eventually found the town & then the hotel, I was f*cked, just wanted a shower before hitting the floor, walked into reception & Mr Moore is waiting for me with a pint & thats before I even checked in or my suit case had hit the deck. .............thats the kinda reception you want from your host :lol:..........

Never know, I could make it yet, all the singlies will be frightened to death, as I usually go alone & some poor sod usually ends up sharing with the insomniac maniac..........first year in Spain, me n ya bro disappaering over the horizon at 0630..............much to the consternation of the lovely Imogen, vodka & fags on the shopping list............................I think Imogen thought Kev had been kidnapped :D .

Fun, games n some seriously soulful times ahead.............

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

I will move heaven & earth to be there with you guys..........over the years I have had some right journeys to Hitsville, 2 years ago I left work on Friday at 3pm, drove straight to the Airport, got on a plane, hired a car, drove through the mountains in the pitch black, eventually found the town & then the hotel, I was f*cked, just wanted a shower before hitting the floor, walked into reception & Mr Moore is waiting for me with a pint & thats before I even checked in or my suit case had hit the deck. .............thats the kinda reception you want from your host :rolleyes:..........

Never know, I could make it yet, all the singlies will be frightened to death, as I usually go alone & some poor sod usually ends up sharing with the insomniac maniac..........first year in Spain, me n ya bro disappaering over the horizon at 0630..............much to the consternation of the lovely Imogen, vodka & fags on the shopping list............................I think Imogen thought Kev had been kidnapped :thumbsup: .

Fun, games n some seriously soulful times ahead.............

Russ

Really hope you make it Russ....won't be the same without you. Be a good lad and stock up the Brownie points and they might give you leave. You are definitely a Hit with Hitsville.I'm raring to go after missing last year through work. NOT making that mistake this year.

Hope to see you there. Bring extra fags.

All the best.

Kev

Been wanting to get to this for some time.

ready to go now....passes bought,flights booked from scouseport,room booked in Playa Mojacar!

well someone's got to keep an eye on Mark (shrine) Speakman :D

maybe Mr Waterman might remember my Stafford dvd,who knows? :no:

wife thinks we're goin' to Turkey! :yes:

Really hope you make it Russ....won't be the same without you. Be a good lad and stock up the Brownie points and they might give you leave. You are definitely a Hit with Hitsville.I'm raring to go after missing last year through work. NOT making that mistake this year.

Hope to see you there. Bring extra fags.

All the best.

Kev

Well, barring some kinda miracle, looks like I'll have to miss this year...........bugger !!!.....altho' I'm sure there are a few regulars breathing a sigh of releif, last year, arrived Thursday & didnt really go to bed the whole weekend :D ..........manic, gonna miss it loads...........& when you lot went to bed phoned Disco Dave n did his head in :yes: .

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Guest Chris Waterman

Been wanting to get to this for some time.

ready to go now....passes bought,flights booked from scouseport,room booked in Playa Mojacar!

well someone's got to keep an eye on Mark (shrine) Speakman :ohmy:

maybe Mr Waterman might remember my Stafford dvd,who knows? :yes:

wife thinks we're goin' to Turkey! :D

En hell, you kept that under your welsh hat!!, I will of course bring you a DVD, glad you are on board, you won't be disappointed, see you in soulful Mojacar

I'm now back at work but all is in place for what looks like being a crackin' weekend. Momas Beach Bar has been refurbished and is even better than it was last year so all attending the impromptu get together on Thursday are in for a treat. New mixers, new styli, and new amp are all tested and ticketyboo. Should sound fantastic!

See y'all in September

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave/Bev, this wee man is gutted, p*ssed-off, peeved and very disappointed that I'm not able to get to Hitsville this year (piggy bank is empty), I was so looking forward to it as I had such a great time in Mojacar last year.

Have a fantastic, soultastic time everyone and i'll deffo be coming back over next year .

Willie

Unfortunately Mrs B and myself cannot make it this year:( due to our commitments as Captains of our Golf Club this year! Bloody hell, the Aussies ( well, Lancastrians living over there can get to Spain but we can't!!!

We've had such a great time for the last couple years and are going to miss it ( and all the lads and lasses) tremendously. Pity 'cause I've got a few tasty items since last year which hopefully would have been well received!

Hope you all have a wonderful time as usual.

Cheers

Julian & Carolyn

Guest Sean Haydon

Hi Dave/Bev, this wee man is gutted, p*ssed-off, peeved and very disappointed that I'm not able to get to Hitsville this year (piggy bank is empty), I was so looking forward to it as I had such a great time in Mojacar last year.

Have a fantastic, soultastic time everyone and i'll deffo be coming back over next year .

Willie

All booked now, can't wait for all the Fun, Frollicks, Soul and Sun.yes.gif

Such a shame you can't make it Willie, but understand your circumstances. Start saving for next year mate, not quite the same without ya.hatsoff2.gif

Sean

Guest styrene45

To all of you geezers out there that cant make the trip this year, we will raise a glass for you and look forward to 2011 - its going from strength to strength so we will still be here when work and other stuff stops getting in the way of you lot being there.

Russ - keep your head down mate cos a headless DJ is of no use to use whatsoever, no seriously stay safe Mate.

Just bring yourself Julie, if I think of anything, will give you a knock before hand.

Gonna be a busy few weeks.........see everyone who is gonna make it in 4 wks time.

Regards

Edited by styrene45
Guest chorleybloke

Unfortunately Mrs B and myself cannot make it this year:( due to our commitments as Captains of our Golf Club this year! Bloody hell, the Aussies ( well, Lancastrians living over there can get to Spain but we can't!!!

We've had such a great time for the last couple years and are going to miss it ( and all the lads and lasses) tremendously. Pity 'cause I've got a few tasty items since last year which hopefully would have been well received!

Hope you all have a wonderful time as usual.

Cheers

Julian & Carolyn

Ey up Julian you need to have a serious look at your priorities lad - golf vs soul? hmmmm let me think:lol:

25 more sleeps til we set off!

Pete

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

Just got back from having a few days in the sun with Mrs M .......well it was raining here and nipping down for a drink in La Finca sounded like a great idea...............................................:yes:

Roll on September till I can go back and hit Mojocar for another outstanding weekender.................to all the usual crowd Can't wait to meet up, and to all the Hitsville Virgins....you are gonna love it!!!!!.

A very happy other Bev :thumbsup:

Yep I have already had a word with Mr Newby at Bar La Finca...told him to get plenty of Cava in for the Greets and the TooShews...plenty of real sausages for the BBQ.....bottle that sunshine to make sure its gorgeous when we get there and get ready for the Hitsville invasion once again.

Mojacar has had a facelift of late and is looking particularly good right now and there are a few very nice and exciting restaurants opened, a few of which we have sampled just to make sure they are upto the Hitsvillers standards.

Only 24days to push folks...for those of you who are still considering making the trip...get yer bags packed, jump on a plane and come and join us...You'll be glad you did!

See you all very soooooon. :thumbup:

Sorry forgot to add....this is Bev not Dave.......I have no idea how but there you go???

Edited by Dave Moore
Guest chorleybloke

In the last couple of years we've seen some top EPL games on the Sunday session at La Finca ..........well I just checked the fixtures for Sunday 19th Sept and it's only MUFC v Liverpool !

ho ho ho, a small wager Mr Fowler ??

:thumbsup:

Denny

Yep spotted that one and yer on - carton of beer when we get back, win only. Remember last year - Michael Owen in the 7th minute of Fergie-time to send our noisy neighbours home to their slums 4-3 Yessss:lol:

In the last couple of years we've seen some top EPL games on the Sunday session at La Finca ..........well I just checked the fixtures for Sunday 19th Sept and it's only MUFC v Liverpool !

ho ho ho, a small wager Mr Fowler ??

:thumbsup:

Denny

Hhmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................football...........................................wot no table tennis :D

Guest styrene45

Ok I think Sunday is going to be interesting yet again...for different reasons this year boys eh?

Edited by styrene45
Guest Marcelle

Bags packed well mine are as of NOW :yes: ..... Chris`s hmmmmm NOT :lol: LOL cant wait so excited .... first lot landing Thurs am then Thurs pm then Thurs evening then more to follow Fri & Sat .... from all over the world we shall meet .... now all I need to do is wait for the Plane the plane oh yes THE PLANE .... see you all very soon big hugs & snogs xxx

Guest Marcelle

ho ho ho, a small wager Mr Fowler ?? hmmm yes wage away with Mr Fowler but NOT Mr Waterman :lol::yes: oh Hi Denny be good to see you babes xx

Denny

Guest styrene45

We'll be landing at 19.00pm at Murcia airport on the Wednesday, have a car rented so if anybody also arriving that way aroun that time give me a shout - you'll find our rates very competative..........:hatsoff2::D :D

Hi Chris

Gary and Sue arrive around 7.45 on same day to same airport, any chance they could jump in with you? They are staying at ours, so I will come and meet you en-route and put them in my car when you are at our junction?

Let me know and I can let them know and then will send pics out so everyone knows who everyone else is?

Thanks

Bev

Guest styrene45

Bags packed well mine are as of NOW :D ..... Chris`s hmmmmm NOT :hatsoff2: LOL cant wait so excited .... first lot landing Thurs am then Thurs pm then Thurs evening then more to follow Fri & Sat .... from all over the world we shall meet .... now all I need to do is wait for the Plane the plane oh yes THE PLANE .... see you all very soon big hugs & snogs xxx

For all you ladies joining us, the September weather has been fabulous and is supposed to continue for the entire month. But as you know...never trust a weatherman...so just check the forecast before you set off just in case.......

PS No umbrellas allowed!

Bev

Hi Chris

Gary and Sue arrive around 7.45 on same day to same airport, any chance they could jump in with you? They are staying at ours, so I will come and meet you en-route and put them in my car when you are at our junction?

Let me know and I can let them know and then will send pics out so everyone knows who everyone else is?

Thanks

Bev

OK, we land at 19:35 on JAF3901 from Charleroi (Brussels South), my mobile number is +32.475.773814. You have my e-mail address can either Gary or Sue mail me so we can firm up etc. We have a Ford Fiesta and we're staying for 2 weeks so it'll bags on knees I'm afraid !! :lol:

OK, we land at 19:35 on JAF3901 from Charleroi (Brussels South), my mobile number is +32.475.773814. You have my e-mail address can either Gary or Sue mail me so we can firm up etc. We have a Ford Fiesta and we're staying for 2 weeks so it'll bags on knees I'm afraid !! :lol:

BTW "JAF" is Jetairfly not Japanese Air Force :rolleyes:

Guest styrene45

Passing your info now Chris, Sure Gary and Sue will be in touch pronto. Will email you pictures over via your email addy.

Thanx and see you soon

BevX

Guest Chris Waterman

All packed and leaving about 5pm, staying near Manchester Airport tonight with a few others, nice little drink this evening, early flight and be by the pool at lunch time tomoz, see you all when you get there.

Chris W