2010-09-16: Hitsville 6Th Annual Rare Soul Weekender

Guest styrene45

• Replies 81
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just about to leave work and finish my packing and decide which of the records that I pulled out to put back 'cos I suppose I should leave some room for clothes!!!

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again and will miss Russ this time.

Chris

Been thinking about you guys all weekend, I'm still in the Sandpit which is Baghdad, but with you guys in spirit..........

Keep it Soulful guys n gals

Russ

Last of the 'Hitsvillers' en route home today. Big well done to all once again.

In my opinion the best one yet. I'll let other post reviews of the weekend but just wanted to post my thanks to everyone involved. It's become a special thing and that's 100% due to the folk who attend. The addition of Mark Speakman, Sean Haydon and Steve Brozcowski to our DJ rosta of usual suspects worked a treat and it was great to see and hear the traditional alongside the more left field things covering 3 decades of black music. :thumbsup:

I dread to think what an insurance man would make of all those record boxes stacked at La Finca for the Sunday Soul Brunch! :thumbsup:

Nice to see Al and Glenn remembered at certain points too. And finally, good to see Chris Lalor back 'at it'. Well done pal.

See y'all next September when the liver has recovered, had a few good nights sleep and found a few more bits to play on Sunday.

Best,

Dave

Guest judithcashelle

I had a ball :lol: thank you !!!! Bev and Dave pulled it out of the hat yet again and I have got to agree with Dave the best one yet but I am kinda guessing that 's said every year Can't wait until 2011 ! this weekend is so special for all of us.:thumbsup:

Guest styrene45

First of all, thanks for the good luck wishes from Julian and Carolyn, phone messages from Judi Pollard and Russ all the way from Iraq....missed all of you and hope we will see you all joining us in 2011.

Well where to start, kicked off at Moma Beach Club, very relaxed and laid back where everyone met up to catch up and new friends were introduced...finished 2am so we could all get a good nights sleep before the weekend really started.

Friday saw our first night at Hotel Continental and it has to be said Tewshoos was well and truly on form from the minute she got off the plane, non stop laughing, crying for the whole weekend, I do not know where she gets the energy but she certainly has a dynamic effect on everyone she speaks to....you are wasted in your job Sue, you should be on stage girlie!

Saturday was the nighter, we had some new faces this year and some new collectors playing some nice tunes, the night went to quickly in my opinion, before we knew where we were it was 6am and everyone was rolling into bed for a few hours before our next stop. The music so far had been second to none, something for everyone and I cant think of a single person that wasn't on the dancefloor at some stage, some never got off it from Thursday to Monday!

Sunday was our BBQ chillax at La Finca and in true Hitsville style it started off nice and slow, we were entertained by all the collectors througout the day and evening, entertained by Tewshoos and Bev Parker for the afternoon and as a result we have a surprise item being manufactured for all the boys...watch this space! The dancefloor was rocking and continued that way till midnight, when most people left to get some sleep, 72 hours without much is not good, Dave Greet treated the rest of us to a final drink and as a result, we rolled out of La Finca at 4am! That has got to be one of the longest all dayers I have ever attended!!!

I enjoyed this year more than the previous and Sue is correct in that we all say the same every year but the weekends do seem to get better year on year...Thanks for the laughs, Julie G, Bev P, Janet F, Suzi Tewshoos, Julie M, Maxine F, Pat (Your boobs will be with you shortly?)) Great to see Denny J and Pete Fowler from over the water, Mark Holmes from sunny Florida and Chris L who looked the picture of health on his bicycle. Chris and Marcelle and his posse, Lynne, Jo, Ian and Andy from the Orihuela Scooter Club and of course Ken and his lady from Australia. Thanks to everyone for just being there and see you all again next year.

I had a great time, even better because of the folks that I spent it with, can't wait to do it all again, definately one of the best weekends in my diary.

Regards

Just got back from this wonderful weekend. Very special to me for two reasons.The first being the quality people who attend. Great soul people plus the Moore clan are attending in greater numbers now. It's a true family affair for me! The second reason is the vinyl played.

Tops for me was Fergie's Sarturday spot. Then Mark Speakman. The Ivories on Wand, followed by a clean copy of The Prophets 'One Gold Piece'. Wow! I could go on. Good to be in the company of such collectors. Russ you missed a good un.

Someone missed mentioning the Wed session at the Hitsville ranch to welcome Dave back from overseas. Blew the cobwebs away and a great start to the weekend.

Big thank you to everyone. It was great. Hope you got the right flight Sue without your glasses. Bev will you look out for my nice Burnley T-shirt I left at yours.

Big thanks to Dave & Bev.xxx Catch up with you soon.x

Been back a day now and back to work and reality :(

Just gotta say what a fantastic time i had at Hitsville :lol: was good to see people I hav`nt seen in years ...............you all know who you are ..........and to meet some new Friends and fellow soul-sourcers :hatsoff2: I never Knew a weekender could be so special no.gif im usually whizzing round like a looney at most i attend :Dlaugh.gif but no not here ....chilled was`nt in it , from being picked up from the airport by my baby brother Chris ( thanx cock your a star ) to him taking me back Monday morning , it was an experience i have never experienced before , Great music , great people , great atmosphere , great everything :yes: just like to say thanx Dave & Bev for the invite yes.gif lets try and get the full Moore possy out next year yes.gif cause i for one will definatley be back yes.gif well done you guys biggrin.gif

When i get a little time I`m hoping to make a little youtube :lol:

Watch this space :yes:

thanx again

Julie xxxxxx

Been back a day now and back to work and reality :(

Just gotta say what a fantastic time i had at Hitsville :yes: was good to see people I hav`nt seen in years ...............you all know who you are ..........and to meet some new Friends and fellow soul-sourcers :hatsoff2: I never Knew a weekender could be so special :( im usually whizzing round like a looney at most i attend laugh.giflaugh.gif but no not here ....chilled was`nt in it , from being picked up from the airport by my baby brother Chris ( thanx cock your a star ) to him taking me back Monday morning , it was an experience i have never experienced before , Great music , great people , great atmosphere , great everything :D just like to say thanx Dave & Bev for the invite yes.gif lets try and get the full Moore possy out next year yes.gif cause i for one will definatley be back :yes: well done you guys :D

When i get a little time I`m hoping to make a little youtube :lol:

Watch this space :D

thanx again

Julie xxxxxx

Oh crikey Julie. I've only just realised this weekender was in Spain & not Detroit blush.gif What a divvy I am !! laugh.gif I couldn't make it as I was in Madrid but I'm glad you had a good time & I can't wait to see your youtube thingy mi bob as you make top class uns :lol:

Still don't feel right from the loooong session at la Finca. Another weekend full of laughing, drinking, brilliant company and soul.

Some tremendous music played, well done Dave and Bev yet again. Always sad to say goodbye but the consolation is, there is always next year to look forward to.

Still don't feel right from the loooong session at la Finca. Another weekend full of laughing, drinking, brilliant company and soul.

Some tremendous music played, well done Dave and Bev yet again. Always sad to say goodbye but the consolation is, there is always next year to look forward to.

Would`nt be all the JD`s dave by any chance :lol::lol::yes: tell Julie she`s a star xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Keep the Boy Happy

Just to add our two penneth......We have had another fantastic time at Hitsville 6 and would just like to say a BIG THANKS to

Mr & Mrs M for the effort you put in to put it on::rolleyes:

To the folks who lug record boxes in hand luggage through airports all over the world, to 'do a spot' share their taste and give us great tunes to listen and dance the nights and days away to - I think there is always somone who goes away with a new gem dancing around in the grey matter-the more astute among us make notes :lol:

To friends old and new who bring their drinking heads, great sense of humour and stimulating conversations whatever the subject:lol: :rolleyes::lol:

The whole event passes too quickly but roll on 2011 - Hitsville is the only reason I want a year to fly by..........

Bev & Kev P

Edited by Keep the Boy Happy

Well I'm still in Spain until tomorrow, will just about recovered from last weekends fab get together, it was my first Hitsville but certainly won't be my last, the setting is perfect, great music, sunshine and of course great company, too many names to mention everyone, but special thanks to Bev and Dave for the organisation, top job done.:rolleyes:

Guest Mark Holmes

What was the 70s choon that Chris played on the Sunday afternoon sounds like Man of value soe±thing about "traveling" when he played it the Spanish mob arrived and the 1st bloke in strted dancing to it ?

That was me with "Don't depend on me"- Fantatstic Johnny C....they were clapping as they stood at the entrance to La Finca....always good to edumacate the local folk to the best music ever.

Guest Mark Holmes

Well we got back in the US yesterday evening knackered and so happy!

What a great weekend Hitsville was... I agree it was the best I have ever attended so far (well of the 3 I have attended on 2 continents) ...the venue was great the music was incredible with classic and rare tunes popping up like gophers all day and night...Maybe Hitsville should have "Millionaire Music" somehwere in its title.

Thanks to all of you who made us so welcome, my sister Lorraine was gobsmacked by the whole thing es[pecially the "love" and when we got back from Spain she told her husband "now I know why he wanted to go so badly".

It was great to be enfolded into the Moore family for a few days, you are awesome.

Thanks again to Bev and Dave I know how much you put into this physically and mentally, I am so glad that you feel the love from everyone, you absolutely deserve it!

I am hoping to be there next year, if I do nothing else all year it will be worth the wait and saving up for.

Well we got back in the US yesterday evening knackered and so happy!

What a great weekend Hitsville was... I agree it was the best I have ever attended so far (well of the 3 I have attended on 2 continents) ...the venue was great the music was incredible with classic and rare tunes popping up like gophers all day and night...Maybe Hitsville should have "Millionaire Music" somehwere in its title.

Thanks to all of you who made us so welcome, my sister Lorraine was gobsmacked by the whole thing es[pecially the "love" and when we got back from Spain she told her husband "now I know why he wanted to go so badly".

It was great to be enfolded into the Moore family for a few days, you are awesome.

Thanks again to Bev and Dave I know how much you put into this physically and mentally, I am so glad that you feel the love from everyone, you absolutely deserve it!

I am hoping to be there next year, if I do nothing else all year it will be worth the wait and saving up for.

Mark,

Was great to see you here Mate and good to see you chilled and enjoying life, along with your ladies. As an original 'Hitsviller' it's a long way from that night at Churchills in Miami eh?

See you in March/April hopefully.

The group that came into La Finca were Puerto Ricans weren't they? Another flag to add to the banner!! :hatsoff2:

Best

Dave

Mark,

Was great to see you here Mate and good to see you chilled and enjoying life, along with your ladies. As an original 'Hitsviller' it's a long way from that night at Churchills in Miami eh? See you in March/April hopefully.The group that came into La Finca were Puerto Ricans weren't they? Another flag to add to the banner!! :hatsoff2:

Best

Dave

Just cycled past La Finca + hotel on the beach, felt quite nostalgic :yes:

What a holiday that was!

Sun,sand and Soul (new phrase coined here)

Great to meet fellow soulies old and new from across the globe while listening and dancing to top quality tracks,blown away,kinell what can I say,back next year (not with Ryanair b'stards,more later?)

Thanks to Bev for arranging transfers (you were right !!),thanks to you and Dave for the weekender

Thanks to Kev (not Dave :hatsoff2: ) and Bev for company,cheers Denny and Pete for the laughs and sounds of course,Mark Speakman you played a blinder,Marcelle you are nuts and a star,Chris you must love her :lol: ,Shorny and Bev and everyone whose name's I can't remember,funny how I can remember the tunes names tho init?

Loved all the venues,although too knackered to get to La Fincas until 5pm thru 'til 02.45 (lightweight !! )

Back to Ryanair (we won't be),got to Murcia airport Thursday to be told flight cancelled and next one available is in 7 days time,how can these tw*ts do sh*t to people all the time and get away without being sh*gged in court?

We had to buy a flight for yesterday with Jet2.com at the giveaway price of 698 euros,this was to Manchester and our car was parked in Liverpool,luckily wife's uncle lives in Southport and he did the transfer.

Got a hotel in Murcia for the night (more money,bah),mind you had a lovely meal and romantic walk along sea front ther (don't tell the wife!:thumbsup: ),what a nice place,ideas for next year's weekender layden hols beginning to form as I type,now where's my travel insurrance terms and conditions??

All in all a fffffantastic time despite O'Leary's bag of sh*te,ps are there any more soulies stranded in Spain?,Carys has hear from Sally who have had to drive to Malaga to get s flight to Bournemouth on Sunday!

ps,sheds of photos to post up when I get a minute.

Guest styrene45

What a holiday that was!

Sun,sand and Soul (new phrase coined here)

Great to meet fellow soulies old and new from across the globe while listening and dancing to top quality tracks,blown away,kinell what can I say,back next year (not with Ryanair b'stards,more later?)

Thanks to Bev for arranging transfers (you were right !!),thanks to you and Dave for the weekender

Thanks to Kev (not Dave :( ) and Bev for company,cheers Denny and Pete for the laughs and sounds of course,Mark Speakman you played a blinder,Marcelle you are nuts and a star,Chris you must love her :D ,Shorny and Bev and everyone whose name's I can't remember,funny how I can remember the tunes names tho init?

Loved all the venues,although too knackered to get to La Fincas until 5pm thru 'til 02.45 (lightweight !! )

Back to Ryanair (we won't be),got to Murcia airport Thursday to be told flight cancelled and next one available is in 7 days time,how can these tw*ts do sh*t to people all the time and get away without being sh*gged in court?

We had to buy a flight for yesterday with Jet2.com at the giveaway price of 698 euros,this was to Manchester and our car was parked in Liverpool,luckily wife's uncle lives in Southport and he did the transfer.

Got a hotel in Murcia for the night (more money,bah),mind you had a lovely meal and romantic walk along sea front ther (don't tell the wife!:lol: ),what a nice place,ideas for next year's weekender layden hols beginning to form as I type,now where's my travel insurrance terms and conditions??

All in all a fffffantastic time despite O'Leary's bag of sh*te,ps are there any more soulies stranded in Spain?,Carys has hear from Sally who have had to drive to Malaga to get s flight to Bournemouth on Sunday!

ps,sheds of photos to post up when I get a minute.

Hi John & Carys

Sorry to hear about your flight delay, its all the frogs fault they announced a full 2 day strike 22nd and 23rd but forgot to tell the public. You should have come back to ours. We have an ever open door policy and anyone who was stranded should have called us and we would have sorted you out till the flights were back to normal. Anyway I hope you all got back to your hometowns ok and if any of you are ever down these ere' parts, give us a knock, cold beers and a snuggly bed available to all!

Regards

Guest styrene45

To all Hitsvillers (new & old)

I have been asked to pass on a BIG THANKYOU from Dave and Matt, to everyone who went to La Finca on Sunday for the BBQ chillax session. They had a great time, enjoyed meeting the newbies and look forward to doing it all again in 2011. Some of us were at La Finca for 16.5 hours, so the guys certainly earned their crust that day.

From Dave and myself,

Thank you to everyone who made the trip over to Mojacar again to make it one of the most memorable weekenders we have had. From those of you who travelled all the way from Australia and the USA to the guys and gals that drove down from Benidorm. It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with you all. Once a decision has been made on next years, we will be in touch. Dave says, anyone wanting a CD of the radio shows from Saturday, drop him a line at hitsville2648@earthlink.net and he will make sure you get one shortly.

Hope you all got home safely and look forward to seeing you all again in the not too distant future.

Regards

Hi John & Carys

Sorry to hear about your flight delay, its all the frogs fault they announced a full 2 day strike 22nd and 23rd but forgot to tell the public. You should have come back to ours. We have an ever open door policy and anyone who was stranded should have called us and we would have sorted you out till the flights were back to normal. Anyway I hope you all got back to your hometowns ok and if any of you are ever down these ere' parts, give us a knock, cold beers and a snuggly bed available to all!

Regards

Thanks Bev,never thought to bother you two after the mammoth task you pulled off,I know the effort required to run one venue never mind HITSVILLE.

Needed to get home soon as so Carys can put some time in with her Mum who hs not been too good of late,allways at the back of your mind when taking time out.

We had left the laptop at home this time due to Ryanair's baggage policy,shame cos when we got back they had emailed us re cancellation and we may have had a better flight deal on line,so next year it's joining us.

thanks for the offer,

John and Carys

Guest chorleybloke

all photos loaded in gallery,phew!

anyone with any issues on them plz pm me,thanks,John.

Ey up everyone!

Big thanks for the 3rd time to Dave & Bev for another cracking weekend in Mojacar. Since then we've had a nostalgic week in Nice, a top night at Radcliffe allnighter, a binge drinking experience in Chorley and are now in York for one night before flying to Hong Kong for our silver wedding anniversary.

Fantastic to catch up with all the regular crew (you know who you are) who we now count amongst our close friends, and also to meet the debutants. You can be sure we'll be trying to make the next one. Anyone considering a visit downunder, be sure to contact us and you can have free accommodation in Perth.

Music-wise, from my personal perspective, its was close to perfection as usual.

Cheers.........Pete & Maxine

BIG THANKYOU DAVE AND BEV FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME LOVE YOU BOTH IT WAS MY 1st TIME AT THE WEEKENDER AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT WOULD RECORMEND TO ANYONE THAT LIKES QUALLITY SOUL LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT ONE CHEERS BILLY

PS I'LL BE PRACTICING MY BACK DROPS AND MY RIVER DANCING

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THEM POMME GRANITS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest styrene45

Wel there's lovely for you.................................................now where did I put my sunglasses :thumbsup:

Or...I have only been drinking water and I still can't remember where I left Marcelle????

Guest styrene45

BIG THANKYOU DAVE AND BEV FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME LOVE YOU BOTH IT WAS MY 1st TIME AT THE WEEKENDER AND LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT WOULD RECORMEND TO ANYONE THAT LIKES QUALLITY SOUL LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT ONE CHEERS BILLY

PS I'LL BE PRACTICING MY BACK DROPS AND MY RIVER DANCING

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THEM POMME GRANITS :thumbsup::ohmy:

You are welcome Billy, I have to say you did make me laugh with your riverdancin' oh and I am just editing the video of your backdrops, its not the getting down thats the problem mate, its getting back up again.....will be posting for all to see shortly.