• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I like the tune - apart from the electro break..

Alot of west coast stuff like this with very little info around them.

I haven't any clue who they are, what they did or what this tunes value is - but I'd like to know.

What other info can you add to your find?

Regards,

Greg.

Social source share

I Like that as well, there is a touch of SAGE - I'm alive about it, not as good in the vocal I think, he'd sound allot better if he really went for it... great organ break at the end..

Mal.Cthumbsup.gif

Agree Mal, has a touch of the Sage about it.

Also sounds like what it is, a small production that reflects on the tentative nature of the vocal, but it has some really smooth quality and a nice rhythmn.

Interesting tune.

Best,

Greg

Social source share

Hi,

Not much additional info besides what you see. There's a stamp on the sleeve that reads "D. Chunning's Artist Management". Then the Berekely address followed by a SF phone # as shown in the picture.

Runout grooves has ILUVU MUSIC in it, which can be found on BMI (with no additional info):

https://bit.ly/cpr4Cy

A-side is Stereo, B-side Mono.

Submitted it to the Stanley And Bianca database.

https://www.stanleyandbianca.com/

Besides, can't Google any info on it.

Hi,

I like the tune - apart from the electro break..

Alot of west coast stuff like this with very little info around them.

I haven't any clue who they are, what they did or what this tunes value is - but I'd like to know.

What other info can you add to your find?

Regards,

Greg.

Social source share

Address is 2490 Channing Way, Suite 519, Berkley, CA 94709.

D. Chunning's Artist Management. His name seems to have nothing to do with the address. I think it's a coincidence.

Chunning or Channing?

Chunning is an oriental name. At the same time, Channing Way is the name of a street in the Berkeley, 94704 zip code.

Social source share

Let me share what I was able to find out in the meantime. I was able to track down the guy (artist management) that put out this record. Here's what he wrote:

"I don't have a lot of time to respond fully right now but I wanted to at least aknowledge your message.

It was recorded in the late 70's if I am not mistaken. It was the first record I was ever involved with. The sessions were done at Tewksbury Studios in Richmond, CA. The owner Dan Alexander who later owned Wally Heider Studios in San Francisco and who I believe is widely known as a guitar collector. The sessions were engineered by John Cunniberti. John became a producer (Joe Satriani), inventor and runs a company that masters records.

The group was an all black group with the exception of the drummer. They had a fantastic female singer. However, her the piano player and the drummer, Jimmy Thomas (son of Irma Thomas) got cold feet about entering into a contract and backed out at the last moment. The rest of the band convinced me to go ahead and record. About all I can remember about the organ player was that his name was Tippie. Years afterwards I ran into him at Fantasy Records where I had a group recording."

This guy also mentioned that he put out other records that he will provide some info on. Hopefully more to follow.

Social source share

• 4 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!