Jessie Lee California Blook Cool Breeze Starks

Guest fifesoul

Jessie Lee California Blook Cool Breeze Starks shoe shine number nine on Best Way

Picked this 45 up about a year ago anybody aware of this guy cant put up a sound clip because not at home at the mo its a querky modern funky sound just wondering if anybody got any gen think its late 70s could be early 80s will check when I get home later today with a name like that im sure someone knows might be one for the funk fraternity

Kieran

p.s the label is not the same BEST WAY records that released a number of reissues in the 80s I think

Edited by fifesoul
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jessie Lee California Blook Cool Breeze Starks shoe shine number nine on Best Way

Picked this 45 up about a year ago anybody aware of this guy cant put up a sound clip because not at home at the mo its a querky modern funky sound just wondering if anybody got any gen think its late 70s could be early 80s will check when I get home later today with a name like that im sure someone knows might be one for the funk fraternity

Kieran

p.s the label is not the same BEST WAY records that released a number of reissues in the 80s I think

Released in 79. I believe the original release was on Mother records ? anyone any more info on this guy will try to put up a scan of label tonight

Kieran

Edited by fifesoul
Social source share

I have the Mother issue and the label says 1978 (Mother MO08)

My copy says 1979 Greg whats on the flip of your copy mine is --God almighty is number one--

do you know if he released any other 45s 33s etc

Kieran

Social source share

My copy says 1979 Greg whats on the flip of your copy mine is --God almighty is number one--

do you know if he released any other 45s 33s etc

Kieran

Yes, the exact same flip on the Mother issue. I haven't come across anything else by Mr. 'California Cool Breeze', and never really looked too hard either, to be honest.

Nice enough cut, though.

Social source share

• 5 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert