• Large car park
  • Cheap licenced bar
  • Wooden dance floor
  • Record dealers welcome
  • 150 capacity

Join us to celebrate Rod Walker's 50th birthday

Advance tickets £10 from sallie@soulinthesouth

Info: 07840 898659

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Mortimore

Event Title: SOUL IN THE SOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: salliejane

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 05 June 2010

-------------------------------------------------

SOUL IN THE SOUTH

ALLNIGHTER

Railway Club, Station Approach, Bournemouth BH8 8HX

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

. For those who haven't picked up a flyer as yet, there's been a couple of small changes to the D.J. line-up, which will now be:-

. Des Parker

. Dave Greet

. Roger Stewart

. Leon Brown

. Matt

. Tim Smithers

. Simon Preston

. Nik Mak

. Mark Jones (Jonah)

. I gather from the co-promoters that this event is targetted mainly at the many travellers on the scene, who let's face it, must have a fairly hardened constitution for the stamina required for an All-Nighter. However, what has taken me aback is the level of local south coast interest I'm coming across. It's been a long, long while since there's been an all night soul party in these parts and as this will be a special occasion, they really want to be there!

. I've really been quite surprised by so many positive responses and therefore I can only conclude that it's going to be a superb night in Bournemouth at the right time of the year for this resort town.

. Happy Days!

Edited by Dave Mortimore

Event Title: SOUL IN THE SOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: salliejane

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 05 June 2010

-------------------------------------------------

SOUL IN THE SOUTH

ALLNIGHTER

Railway Club, Station Approach, Bournemouth BH8 8HX

Spinning the best in rare 60s uptempo soul, underplayed oldies and crossover

Mark Bicknell, Dave Greet, Roger Stewart, Leon Brown

Tim Smithers, Simon Preston, Nik Mak & Jonah

• Large car park
  • Cheap licenced bar
  • Wooden dance floor
  • Record dealers welcome
  • 150 capacity

Looking forward to this...gonna be a blinder of a night...:yes:

Tickets are selling fast for the Soul in the South Bournemouth Allnighter. To make it easier to purchase tickets we have set up a PayPal account so you can pay by credit card. Simply email sallie@soulinthesouth.co.uk stating how many tickets you require and I'll get PayPal to send you an invoice. As soon as this is paid I'll post your tickets - as long as you email details. Couldn't be easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave Mortimore

Sally,

Can you pay on the door or do you have to get an advance ticket?

. Sallie's away until Friday and probably is off soul source. So I'll say that there is a capacity limit and once the club reaches that, then folk won't be able to pay at the door.

. So I think the idea of issuing tickets is to ensure that the travellers and those locals that wish to turn up later around 1 a.m. after frequenting the soul night on Bournemouth Pier, can be sure of gaining entry.

. I'm sure that if someone is travelling and waited til the last minute to go to the All-Nighter, then a call to Sallie would reserve their entry into the club as long as the event isn't already sold-out.

. I reckon we'll get a warning if all or most of the tickets look like being sold beforehand. So, as yet, the option to pay at the door is still there.

. That's my take on it.

Edited by Dave Mortimore
Guest Dr Pickles

Any more news on this nighter.

Looking come down but no answer from salliejane (promotor?) on tickets.

Dave, do you know the low down?

Doc

Guest Bearsy

Any more news on this nighter.

Looking come down but no answer from salliejane (promotor?) on tickets.

Dave, do you know the low down?

Doc

Its been cancelled Chris but not sure why thumbsup.gif

i heard it had been moved to a new venue with a few djs pulling out

moldie

posted on another forum

After speaking to the promoter about this last night at Farnborough I have been informed that things have changed.

Its not at The Railway Club now but in the promoters words "somewhere in Wimborne".

WTF that means i've no idea.Also some of the dj's have pulled out for reasons known to them.

So for more up to date info contact Sallie.

Edited by Guest

We are very sorry but due to unforseen events we have been forced to cancel the Soul in the South allnighter at the Railway Club, Bournemouth on 5th June to mark Rod Walker's 50th birthday.

We would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement especially the djs who have worked hard to promote the event, our friends who have helped us immensly, and not least those who have purchased tickets and made hotel reservations.

Ticket refunds are available or existing tickets can be used for our next allnighter on Saturday 10th July at our new and bigger venue, for which we have formal confirmation that they do have a license for an allnighter.

Not one dj has informed me that they would pull out of the allnighter on 5th June.......FACT !!!

Guest Dr Pickles

We are very sorry but due to unforseen events we have been forced to cancel the Soul in the South allnighter at the Railway Club, Bournemouth on 5th June to mark Rod Walker's 50th birthday.

We would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement especially the djs who have worked hard to promote the event, our friends who have helped us immensly, and not least those who have purchased tickets and made hotel reservations.

Ticket refunds are available or existing tickets can be used for our next allnighter on Saturday 10th July at our new and bigger venue, for which we have formal confirmation that they do have a license for an allnighter.

Not one dj has informed me that they would pull out of the allnighter on 5th June.......FACT !!!

Oh, I'm glad I asked now.

Was looking forward to seeing Des and Trowbridge Matt.

Thanks for the update.

ATB

Doc

Guest Dave Mortimore

Oh, I'm glad I asked now.

Was looking forward to seeing Des and Trowbridge Matt.

Thanks for the update.

ATB

Doc

. I believe logistical issues were presented to Sallie late in the day and The Railway Club couldn't get an all-night license. To her credit, with this short notice, she battled with less than 3 weeks to go to secure a bigger venue that can get an all night license in Wimbourne.

. However, the time scale to organize this with the authorities was too short and reluctantly, after considerable effort, she has had to give up on the June 5th date. No one can be more gutted than Sallie. She really wants to deliver something special for the area.

. The July 10th date at the unmentioned venue in Wimbourne (8 miles north of Poole) has been confirmed and fortunately, there isn't any cloud on the horizon to get in the way of this one.

. Another pleasing factor, is that there doesn't appear to be another All-Nighter going on at that time. Officially, the venue has a capacity of 300, although Sallie said that 250 would probably be it's limit for a soul night.

. If you've ever encountered Sallie, you'll know that she's an eccentric and friendly character who wouldn't want to disappoint or let anyone down. This experience has cost her dearly and my heart goes out to her.

. We're really looking forward to the Niter on July 10th and wish it to be the success it deserves, particularly for all the behind the scenes effort that is being put in to lay this on.

. Dave & Jan Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore

i heard it had been moved to a new venue with a few djs pulling out

moldie

posted on another forum

After speaking to the promoter about this last night at Farnborough I have been informed that things have changed.

Its not at The Railway Club now but in the promoters words "somewhere in Wimborne".

WTF that means i've no idea.Also some of the dj's have pulled out for reasons known to them.

So for more up to date info contact Sallie.

A bit of moral support & a positive attitude towards the event would be nice - if you feel you cant be positive - then dont post wink.gif.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers

I must admit I was looking forward to this allnighter, but such is life. I'm not able to do the event in July due to work commitments, nothing more salacious than that, I'm afraid to say. I hope it goes well, and have told Sallie that I would love to do a future date for her.

Des Parker

I must admit I was looking forward to this allnighter, but such is life. I'm not able to do the event in July due to work commitments, nothing more salacious than that, I'm afraid to say. I hope it goes well, and have told Sallie that I would love to do a future date for her.

Des Parker

I think that I'm home from Iraq then (fingers crossed), so all being well I'll be there with bells on.....would be fantastic to have a Nighter down our way that played something other than the same tired out oldies, need good forgotten oldies & reactivations, along with everything else, that I appreciate..........but to have something that was exciting & added something to the mix would be hoofin'............

Best Russ

I think that I'm home from Iraq then (fingers crossed), so all being well I'll be there with bells on.....would be fantastic to have a Nighter down our way that played something other than the same tired out oldies, need good forgotten oldies & reactivations, along with everything else, that I appreciate..........but to have something that was exciting & added something to the mix would be hoofin'............

Best Russ

Bev and I are gonna try and make this in support of Sallie so see ya there Russ. thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Dave

A bit of moral support & a positive attitude towards the event would be nice - if you feel you cant be positive - then dont post :wink:.

Russ

i think you need to read it again russ..the post isnt mine..its from another forum and posted by a promoter from the south coast so get your facts right before havin ago at me

i put flyers out for this event at quite a few events so dont accuse me of being negative

https://newquaypip.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=souldoos&action=display&thread=1888

moldie

Edited by Guest

i think you need to read it again russ..the post isnt mine..its from another forum and posted by a promoter from the south coast so get your facts right before havin ago at me

i put flyers out for this event at quite a few events so dont accuse me of being negative

https://newquaypip.pr...lay&thread=1888

moldie

That particular forum is 'down' right now, so couldnt check the details however, all you say in your original post is 'posted on another forum' , you did not make it clear who made the post. By reposting you have made the decision to put up what looks to be a negative take on the promotion, anyway wind ya neck in, I'm not having a go at anyone, I would just like the locals to get behind the first Nighter down these parts for some years, so use some common dog mate & just stick to the positive...........re flyers, I'm not a friggin mind reader !!!.

Just managed to get to the original post via your link & to be fair your not exactly brimming with enthusiasm about the event are you............'the plot thickens' ???...........what plot is that then, from what I can see, someone is doing their best to put on a Nighter, yes they might be a bit naive, yes they may have inadvertently put a few backs up re: Railway Club, but sure there was no malice intended, just naive enthusiasm...............so lets try & be supportive is all I'm saying, its hard enough promoting a Nighter without any added worries about negative vibes.

Anyhoo............keep up the good work with the flyering.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers

That particular forum is 'down' right now, so couldnt check the details however, all you say in your original post is 'posted on another forum' , you did not make it clear who made the post. IM NOT IN THE HABITS OF NAMING NAMES

By reposting you have made the decision to put up what looks to be a negative take on the promotion, anyway wind ya neck in, I'm not having a go at anyone, I would just like the locals to get behind the first Nighter down these parts for some years, so use some common dog mate & just stick to the positive...........re flyers, I'm not a friggin mind reader !!!.

Just managed to get to the original post via your link & to be fair your not exactly brimming with enthusiasm about the event are you............'the plot thickens' ???...........what plotI DONT REMEMBER YOU BEING POSITIVE ABOUT THE OPERA HOUSE RUSS..the plot...WELL YOU HAVENT HEARD FROM THE PPL INVOLVED OBVIOUSLY

t is that then, from what I can see, someone is doing their best to put on a Nighter, yes they might be a bit naive, yes they may have inadvertently put a few backs up re: Railway Club, but sure there was no malice intended, just naive enthusiasm...............so lets try & be supportive is all I'm saying, its hard enough promoting a Nighter without any added worries about negative vibes.

DO YOU THINK YOUR POST IS FOR THE GOOD OF THE SCENE THEN RUSS?..WHY NOT A SIMPLE PM ...WITH REGARDS TO POSITIVE VIBES...ALL I EVER HEAR IS..YOU GOTTA GO UP NORTH TO GET A REAL NORTHERN NIGHT..HOW POSITIVE IS THAT

Anyhoo............keep up the good work with the flyering.

..I FLYER FOR MANY EVENTS RUSS..WETHER IT BE A NORTHERN EVENT OR A SOUTHERN EVENT

Russ

MOLDIE

Best Russ

how do you know it's not the 'same tried out oldies' ???? not seen a music policy or DJ list my self. You are deluding yourself my friend.

Y

MOLDIE

WTF are you talking about ???.............I have never said anything of the sort & attend Allnighters all over the country, stop talking bollox...............when was the last time you went to a Nighter if you wanna get personal.........& I know when it was & why, so lets keep things nice n friendly shall we wink.gif. I attend more Nighters in the UK & I'm working & living in Iraq, than you do living in the UK. You obviously have some hidden agenda & I really cant be bothered to get involved in petty politics. Again, shall we PLEASE keep to the positives & as you know I have already replied to your PM an hour ago, after you accused me of what ever it was via PM, cant be arsed to check now & I assured you then then that I wasnt having a dig at you, but I'm f*cked if I'm backing down when you keep pushing it............support the event or dont comment on it or post other peoples comments.............with regards to the Opera House I spoke to the promoter at the time & explained my comments, so nice try but no cigar............

Right, have some decorum & leave it alone now Moldie, this is about supporting a local Allnighter so shall we try & do that or are you gonna keep at it sleep3.gif?.

Russ

how do you know it's not the 'same tried out oldies' ???? not seen a music policy or DJ list my self. You are deluding yourself my friend.

Y

Hello, enjoy your hols mate ?..........well, I was basing my hopes on Dave Greet, Tim, Simon, Dave Ferguson & Des (when he was on the rosta) & the blurb on the original flyer................. dont, you flippin start on me, I have enough with Moldie going at it at the moment laugh.gif.

Russ

Guest SteveC

Hit him

I found another two words did the trick Russ!! Don't rise to "it". I wish Sal and her team all the best with her venture.

WTF are you talking about ???.............I have never said anything of the sort & attend Allnighters all over the country, stop talking bollox...............when was the last time you went to a Nighter if you wanna get personal.........& I know when it was & why, so lets keep things nice n friendly shall we wink.gif. I attend more Nighters in the UK & I'm working & living in Iraq, than you do living in the UK. You obviously have some hidden agenda & I really cant be bothered to get involved in petty politics. Again, shall we PLEASE keep to the positives & as you know I have already replied to your PM an hour ago, after you accused me of what ever it was via PM, cant be arsed to check now & I assured you then then that I wasnt having a dig at you, but I'm f*cked if I'm backing down when you keep pushing it............support the event or dont comment on it or post other peoples comments.............with regards to the Opera House I spoke to the promoter at the time & explained my comments, so nice try but no cigar............

Right, have some decorum & leave it alone now Moldie, this is about supporting a local Allnighter so shall we try & do that or are you gonna keep at it sleep3.gif?.

Russ

calm down russ..your at an age where yer heart might give out..ok where was the last night i went to and why was it..oh yes i remember..gloucester cos i was asked to step in for a dj at the last moment..going to more all niters than me doesnt make you some kind of super hero

i never accused you of anything via pm..id post it on here but mike doesnt allow that type of thing

your the one that started it russ without reading the full facts so dont get shitty with me cos i wont back down either

i support almost every soul night on the south cost unlike some ppl

there you russ end of..unless you wanna post again

moldie

What is a matter with you.............sort your f*cking self out & go & wipe ya legs................the bloke is avin a laugh as you well know, you blobbed up or what ?

Russ

AND HOW DO YOU KNOW I AINT THEN RUSS?

calm down russ..your at an age where yer heart might give out..ok where was the last night i went to and why was it..oh yes i remember..gloucester cos i was asked to step in for a dj at the last moment..going to more all niters than me doesnt make you some kind of super hero

i never accused you of anything via pm..id post it on here but mike doesnt allow that type of thing

your the one that started it russ without reading the full facts so dont get shitty with me cos i wont back down either

i support almost every soul night on the south cost unlike some ppl

there you russ end of..unless you wanna post again

moldie

You accused me of having a dig at you on this thread & I replied saying that I wasnt............jog you memory ???........

Russ

You accused me of having a dig at you on this thread & I replied saying that I wasnt............jog you memory ???........

Russ

YOU DID HAVE A DIG..saying i was being negative

Can you have this disagrement on the Bmth railway thread ,cuz it needs bumpingthumbsup.gif

ill see if i can get the topics merged tim lololol

moldie

YOU DID HAVE A DIG..saying i was being negative

I told you via PM it wasnt a dig..........what more do you want. You made the post in the first place, I thought it was negative & wanted to put a more positive slant on things, considering I dont support local events, bit strange that innit.............anyway pleasant evening............good night.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Guest Dave Mortimore

u nutter dave lololol

im a peace loving man

. Except when you're riled! I've seen those biceps and certainly wouldn't want to do so.

. I know you wanted to, but weren't able to chat with Sallie at Farnborough to get a true picture of what was going on. Like you said, there were rumours and it was difficult to work out what was happening at the time, as she had to keep a positive line in her efforts, that were to continue on during the following week, to try to secure the venue in Wimbourne for June 5th.

. However, time was against her and she's had to fall back on the July 10th date. She's had to ride through all the complications thrown at her and try, in the best interests of the local scene, to come through all this and deliver.

. In many ways, you know as well as I, that she was let down. To her credit, she endeavoured to rise above all this and stay focused. We'll be at the event in Wimbourne, not only in support, but primarily to experience a long awaited All-Nighter on the south coast.

. Look forward to seeing you at the Totten All-Dayer, Dave & Jan

Edited by Dave Mortimore

Source Advert