Liverpool Soul Night

Liverpool Soul Night

Blundell Street Club

Playing the best in Northern Soul, Motown and Modern soul sounds.

Dj's Kev Roberts ( Goldsoul)

Keith Fletcher ( BBC Radio Lancashire, Sunday Night Soul Show)

Danny Clegg ( Soul @ The Mill)

Thurs 1st April

Start Your Easter break early

9pm-2am

63 Blundell Street

Liverpool

L1 0AJ

0151 709 5779

post-7322-1269699139946_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest LizandRoger

Liverpool Soul Night

Blundell Street Club

Playing the best in Northern Soul, Motown and Modern soul sounds.

Dj's Kev Roberts ( Goldsoul)

Keith Fletcher ( BBC Radio Lancashire, Sunday Night Soul Show)

Danny Clegg ( Soul @ The Mill)

Thurs 1st April

Start Your Easter break early

9pm-2am

63 Blundell Street

Liverpool

L1 0AJ

0151 709 5779

post-7322-1269699139946_thumb.jpg

Am I being blind here or is there no admission price on the flyer or in the blurb

Thanks

Liz :thumbsup::sweatingbullets:

Am I being blind here or is there no admission price on the flyer or in the blurb

Thanks

Liz :thumbsup::sweatingbullets:

Hi Liz

No your not blind. lol. I haven't been told an exact admision price but i have been told that it will be around £3 -£4. Hope this is of help.

Many thanks

Danny Clegg

www.soul-at-the-mill.webs.com

www.soulchoons.com

Edited by Soul @ The Mill

Hi Liz

No your not blind. lol. I haven't been told an exact admision price but i have been told that it will be around £3 -£4. Hope this is of help.

Many thanks

Danny Clegg

www.soul-at-the-mill.webs.com

www.soulchoons.com

Got this off the Blundell Street site - looks like a fiver.

post-2331-12698123301841_thumb.jpg

Just getting everything ready for tonight. had a text off kev today with the dj times Danny 8pm-9.30pm, Kev 9.30pm- 11.30pm, Keith 11.30pm-1am.

Hope to see you all there

Danny Clegg

Will miss your set Danny, watchin' Liverpool in Carra's bar first. Have a good one.

Guest LizandRoger

huh.gifohmy.gifsad.gifangry.giffrusty2.giffrusty2.gifranting_1.gifnono.gif

well, I think that just about sums it up!

per the flyer this was a 9-2 northern, motown and modern night.............. we arrived about 10.30 and it felt like we had walked into an office party circa1987 playing early disco style.............love train, backstabbers, young hearts. the handbaggers seemed to be enjoying themselves lots, we had to wait our turn for something worth dancing to.

To give him his due when Kieth Fletcher took over the decks we did get some northern to dance to, some of the better sounds were, the Isleys.. my love is your love, Jimmy Radcliffe..long after tonight, but there was still throw backs to the office party music.......never heard so much George Benson.

Then to add insult to injury last orders was shouted at 12.20 and time was called at 1pm despite a flyer and promotion of 2pm............ well annoyed was gearing up for another hour and to be kicked out in the cold we headed off home where we listened to our own much better sounds.

we tried this venue in good faith as it was its first night and being a bank hol the day after we could enjoy a 'good night' it may not be like this at its next outing but sadly we will not be there to see. There are other much better actual northern soul nights and venues to attend which we would rather take our time and money to support.

It is not just us that felt this way, we attended with Isis and she is sat with me as we type this together and we both say keep backstabbers, lovetrain and young hearts etc for the handbaggers, sight seers, and office parties where they belong.

Sorry to have such a negative revue but we were sorely dissappointed and felt very misled about what the night was all about, bring on the Mill at croston on sunday to restore our faith and sanity..........Joy you didnt miss out girl!!!! see you soon

Carol, Liz and Roger

Guest LizandRoger

:lol:

Excellent time was had at the Mill at Croston yesterday, now sorry we missed Danny's set on thursday night sanity as now ben restored

Liz and Roger, Carol